armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:25 am

Post by armlx »

It's a weak meta: as well, I've said also that it shouldn't be the deciding reason to vote.
Why is it a weak meta?

Hell, see earlier this game.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:28 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I don't think the smiley was the reason that definitively made him scum.
I like the dice command. That's why I used it.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:44 am

Post by skitzer »

eh,
vote massive
again, I feel his case returning, and
FoS: ShadowGirl
because it's mainly parts other than the dice roll.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:44 am

Post by skitzer »

EBWOP: not "because", "but"
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:52 am

Post by springlullaby »

Hi guys, I have totally and absolutely forgotten that I was in this game, sorry.

Will post my thoughts within the next 2 days.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

It would have been nice if you'd added the post numbers, but anyway...
Post 0-1: A truly random vote. These always feel a bit off to me for some reason. Something about how you're trying to completely absolve yourself of any responsibility of your vote by making sure people know it's random.
Is it proven that using the dice for a random vote = scum?
As I've said, I like the dice command and that's why I used it.
Posts 2-5: All of these are completely inane comments that do absolutely nothing at all.
I'm not usually terribly deep in random voting stage, sorry.
Post 6: Lurker prodding. Not a terrible thing to do, but the mod can take care of this.
It was lurker prodding/random vote. What's wrong with that?
Post 7: I find this to be a defense of Stef. Before Stef even answers for himself about his vote, SG jumps in saying that it's probably a joke.
It's terribly obvious it's a joke. :/ I was merely pointing it out.
Post 8: What is this supposed to say, exactly?
It's... randomness.
Post 9: Here ShadowGirl is defending someone else's comment by saying it's just part of the "random vote stage".
Because... it is. Do you think he was genuinely insulting his avatar?
Post 10: This post seems quite noncommittal to me. She says that we shouldn't excuse stuff because he is new, but also says that we can take into account that he's new. How exactly would we be taking into account that he's new but not excuse anything?
I didn't mean in the bearing of scumtells being overlooked, but being hostile about the insults.
Post 11: How is this unvote constructive at all? It does nothing to move the game forward. Don't you have any real suspicions? Saying that tajo's claim is a null-tell is probably one of the scummiest things I've seen. I don't understand how anyone could think that. Same with Stef's saying he wanted to be lynched and claiming scum, even in a "joking manner". That's something I consider to be defending those two. Claiming that scummy actions they make aren't scummy. That's pretty much the exact definition of defending.

Why should I keep my vote there? No, at the time I didn't have any solid suspicions - as I've said that I believed Stef's and Tajo's action to be null tells. Is it scummy even though he flipped town, or just the calling of that in general a null tell scummy? They weren't intended to be defenses - I was stating my opinion.
Post 12: This is also blatant defending of tajo. The fact that you're saying it's not scummy because it's the "random stage" is even worse. Random stage can be the best time to catch scum doing something scummy because they don't think people are paying attention.
I will agree that part was defense. Still, you have to take the post in context: why would scum make such a claim and get attention? Which, according to you, is what they want to do.
Post 13: An extremely inane comment when I'm sure there was plenty of stuff to comment on.
In context, again - I didn't have time to post anything more.
Post 16: Why point out that it's L-1 here? Also, there's no way he was a doctor. He would've have claimed vanilla so early as an actual doc. The mafia won't take care of him, are you nuts? He was way too easy of a lynch. I feel like SG was trying to derail the wagon on tajo by saying that he might actually be a doctor. Another defense of a scummy player who doesn't deserve it.
Why not? I don't want someone to accidently hammer. Uh, I didn't say the mafia won't take care him. Why would I bother trying to derail the wagon if I'm scum and know him to be town? You said it yourself, he's too easy on a lynch.
Post 17: I hate when people point out it's an awesome night. The only reason to do that is to look town by saying it was a good night because town already knows that.
So sue me then. This is my first large game and I find the mass of deaths exciting (as well, I've never played with a cult).
Post 22: What a useless post. Why even say that?

Because I can?
Post 25: WhyWhy haven't you voted for a scummy person? Because he could be a Jester? Terrible reason, especially because the only thing it does is distract the town.
If we have a cult, we could have a jester? But I did vote him...
Post 28: Why does L-2 make so much of a difference? If he's scummy, he should be lynched.
We shouldn't rush lynches, and he should be able to say his piece.
Post 29: I still hate this. Pointing out that it was a good night for the town is not useful because we know it was a good night for the town.
Same answer as before. Do you find me saying it more less scummy if I'd only said it only once?
Post 30: What about his play made you think he wasn't scum?

He was trying way too hard to be lynched.
Post 32: Wait a second, you didn't believe Emp was scum? But you voted for him. What gives? Why point out that massive isn't posting much? Is it just to get attention off of you? It seems like it.
I notice I made a mistake in saying I hadn't voted Emp, bah. (Reading) Near the end when he was rampaging with insults something felt off and I would have unvoted him if I had been there to witness it.
Post 33: I love how SG points out that people I think are scummy have been lynched when I made it pretty obvious that I was reading through the game for the first time.
And this is a scumtell how? Anyway, I just wanted to point it out. :/
Attention wasn't really on me, so no. Why not point out he isn't posting?
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by BlakAdder »

[quote="ShadowGirl"]Is it proven that using the dice for a random vote = scum?
As I've said, I like the dice command and that's why I used it
[/quote
Then why have you never used it before?
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Because I haven't? As of late all the games but two that I'm in I'm replacing - not really a chance to.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:22 am

Post by massive »

People need to be able to read sarcasm on the internetz. That quote was a direct response to someone already saying "he could vote for anyone" and I made sure I pointed out that I was suspicious of three people. I mean, you should have been able to figure that out when I tell gorckat he needs an OMGUS in front of his vote. Maybe that's just me.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Sorry I have been absent.
I don't know if you guys noticed, but since the first week of November I have been having DSL problems.
It sometimes works for like a couple of minutes and then disappear.
I have even lost posts that I was going to make because my connection fell while I was writting.
I have a task now at work that allows me to be in front of the computer for the next 3 hours (normally I'm away from it) so I will use it for counting votes and sending prods.
If I fail to post for too long please call Claus. He already has the roles and nightactions and is ready to take over.
My next post will be a votecount.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Aunt May's Votecount

ShadowGirl
(3): hasdgfas, armlx, massive

massive
(3): gorckat, curiouskarmadog, skitzer

BlakAdder
(1): farside22
Rush
(1): Erratus Apathos

Not voting
(8): springlullaby, Cybele, Ku_F, Jebus, ShadowGirl, Rush, Sierra, BlakAdder
Deadline is on
November 27

Needed for a lynch: 9 votes
If by deadline no one has 9 votes the player with more votes is lynched
If two players share the top score of votes lynch is decided by
duel

IMPORTANT:

Next post will be Bobo's
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
Sierra
Sierra
Goon
Sierra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Sierra »

Mod:
No comment on last night's flavour? Even saying "no comment" would be something.
skitzer wrote:eh,
vote massive
again, I feel his case returning, and
FoS: ShadowGirl
because it's mainly parts other than the dice roll.
This post seems very opportunistic to me. You're piling pressure on the two people who have been getting most attention last page, with only a "what they said"-like explanation to excuse the vote and fos.

I'm not that suspicious of SG and Massive myself. I was much more interested in the case against Sera - now gorckat - myself, but with these discussions about SG and Massive, people seem to have forgotten about him.

Gorckat, what did you get from your reread? All you posted was
gorckat wrote:Not keen on Shadowgirl. Hard to say why. Just gut over some of the Sera exchanges.
and that's not much really.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Bobo has visited Cybele, Ku_F, Rush, Erratus Apathos and Sierra.

His visit is quite effective, since Sierra showed up even before opening the PM. :P
I'm afraid some of them may not survive the visit, so we may need replacements very soon.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:39 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dead Rikimaru wrote:
MOD NOTE:

The flavor in this post is just a humorous summary of the conversations during the game. No alignement and no portion of the setup is revealed there.
MOD, I know that every game I have ever been in that you modded (this would be the third) you have put this disclaimer (or something like it) on your every scene that you post...however, on yesterday's scene you did not.

can you please verify that this is indeed true for this scene? Because I am going on the basis of other games you have modded, but if you cant verify this, it changes things for this game
Check again. I never posted a disclamer on any night scene. :roll:

Scene Collection

Mini 364: Seven Samurai Mafia (link)
:
N0 - Deadly Encounter
Deadline Extension?
D1 - Death Poem
N1 - Separated by Birth, United by Death
D2 - Is this the end?
Endgame - Bloodbath

Mafia 69: noXkill Mafia (link)

Pregame - Midnight Eyes
Pregame - Phonecall
D1 - Hangwoman
N1 - Your heart tastes like chicken
Free Popcorn!
D2 - HangwomEn
N2 - The Melancholy of Coffin Joe
D3 - Farewell from the sun
N3 - Game of the Seven Mistakes
D4 - Cursed
N4 - Why is it so big?
D5 - All it boils down to
N5 - yesXkill
D6 - Can't touch this
N6 - Pigs
D7 - You're the dog now, man
N7 - Hellbound
D8 - Somebody set up us the bomb
N8 - Arthropods
Endgame - Silver Arrow

Mini 573: Darkstalkers Mafia (link)

Pregame - Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Replacement Virus
D1 - Symphony of the Night
N1 - Thriller
D2 - Watch out your tongue!
N2 - Relief of Death
D3 - Meant to BEE
N3 - The Embodiment of Evil
D4 - The fall of the Dark Messiah
N4 - Snapshots
Endgame - Kaboom
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:37 am

Post by springlullaby »

So yeah, I've read the game and here is what I think: armlx is so scum.

Why?

Because the NK's that have been consistent N1 and N2 come from someone with big meta knowledge and good scumhunting skill. armlx fits the profile.

Because armlx game here doesn't read like blue nor does it read like vanilla. He is kind of always trailing behind and unfocused in his questions.

I expect to be attacked to death here for the extravagant approach, so here some more fodder for you: I was halfway tempted to suggest no-lynch and let scum squabble between themselves given that they seem pretty good at scumhunting :P.

Anyway
vote:armlx
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:30 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Dead Rikimaru wrote: Check again. I never posted a disclamer on any night scene. :roll:
well i can not quote it because it is closed, but on your post 20 of
No X kill
on your daykill scene you posted..

"MOD NOTE:
The flavor in this post is just a humorous summary of the conversations during the game. No alignment and no portion of the setup is revealed there. "

it is the same on Daystalkers....for some reason i thought they you provided the same disclaimer on the night scenes in those games too.

unvote

I stand corrected, it appears that there is a possibility of clues in night scenes..I still dont like flavor lynches...but now I dont know if it is all flavor or not. I cant imagine an impartial mod would provide too much though.

going to go read the scene again...also, since I was in both darkstalkers and no x kill, should read those scenes too to see if the mod DOES put clues in there.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:06 am

Post by armlx »

Doubt there are clues in the night scene of a NORMAL game.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:13 am

Post by springlullaby »

Hi armlx, how are you?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 am

Post by armlx »

Hi.

I've yet to see you lay down a real reason you think I'm scum.

Define why you feel these are the kind of kills I would do, preferably with examples of games where I was scum.

Give examples of where you feel my questions haven't been pertinent.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Unvote
, looks like Rush is a flaker.

I'm even less impressed with the case on ShadowGirl than I was with the case on BlakAdder.

Massive is a good lynch. He claimed to not know why populartajo was lynched in (6) despite being part of that wagon. He assumed Tarhalindur tracked Seraphim in (10) based on a Tarhalindur post that doesn't suggest he's going to track Seraphim at all. After getting flak for it, he silently drops the Seraphim vote in (15) to jump on the ShadowGirl wagon because she provided vote counts. Seriously. After acting all "back in my day we never lynched town twice in a row", I expected better votes than the two he's provided.

Vote: massive
Do you want your possessions identified?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:45 am

Post by massive »

I believe Seraphim/gorckat is a good candidate for Tar's final night choice. He publicly decried Seraphim/gorckat as scum and it seems logical that he'd verify it. Do you disagree?

The ShadowGirl vote is because, as I said in my vote post, she's been doing her level best to appear helpful and "townie"-ish without actually participating overmuch. My post (8) has the exact same opinion.

I didn't "get flak" for my vote on Seraphim/gorckat that I can see; I moved my vote because, of the numerous people I find suspicious (outlined, again, in my post (8)), ShadowGirl actually seemed like a possibility of a lynch.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:50 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

EA, why do you keep mentioning you didnt like the BA case?...is it a badge you want to show off?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Jebus »

Well, I've gotta go with massive here, for reasons I had in my readthrough.
vote: massive

Still reading up to current.
Dead Rikimaru wrote:His visit is quite effective, since Sierra showed up even before opening the PM. :P
Lurker = FoS Sierra.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Rush
Rush
Townie
Rush
Townie
Townie

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Rush »

massive wrote:
unvote, vote ShadowGirl

Her helpful vote counts pre-both-lynches coupled with her joy of the previous night's events are a desperate attempt to appear townie. I don't believe a townie needs to do that.
Voting for the next highest vote getter when you are in the suspicion spotlight = mafia to me.
vote massive
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by armlx »

Rush wrote:
massive wrote:
unvote, vote ShadowGirl

Her helpful vote counts pre-both-lynches coupled with her joy of the previous night's events are a desperate attempt to appear townie. I don't believe a townie needs to do that.
Voting for the next highest vote getter when you are in the suspicion spotlight = mafia to me.
vote massive
That's all you have to say?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”