CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

ribwich wrote:I was considering the possibility that oEJo could have gotten something like this for a role PM. "You and Santos are neighbors and can talk at night You win when all anti town roles are dead." It's the same role as what Santos and the other pro-town neighbors have, but it's worded completely differently.
bird1111 wrote:
Townie Role PM wrote:You are a Townie , during the night you sleep in, and during the day you vote on who you think is a member of the one of the Mafia and whether the lynch should be by rope or by gun.
You win when all the Sicilians and Corsicans are dead.
Notice that the win condition of the Townie PM is the exact same as Santos' win condition. I doubt there would have been a differently worded protown win condition for oEJo.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

Actually, now that I think about it, this makes me a bit suspicious of your own win condition. Why are you thinking there there would be an alternately worded win condition when the mod already gave the protown win condition AND after Santos restated it in a non-vanilla protown role?
Vote: ribwich
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by ribwich »

The win condition was just part of it. I purposely made it way far off from the original PM for effect.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

But the rest of the flavor is almost identical, too...
bird1111 wrote:
Townie Role PM wrote:You are a Townie , during the night you sleep in, and
during the day you vote on who you think is a member of the one of the Mafia and whether the lynch should be by rope or by gun. You win when all the Sicilians and Corsicans are dead.
Santos wrote:'You are a Neighbor, your neighbor is (oEJo), each night you may talk to him. You do not know what alignment he is, only that you can talk to him.
During the day, you vote on who you think is a member of the one of the Mafia and whether the lynch should be by rope or by gun. You win when all the Sicilians and Corsicans are dead.
'
I think I get your point, but it was a pretty large stretch and I'm still puzzled about why you thought there could be an alternate protown neighbor message.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by ribwich »

I thought the chances were extremally small, but I have heard of mods doing this type of thing before. I just wanted to do a quick check since I was pretty sure oEJo wasn't going to be able to figure out what I was getting at when I asked him that.
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by Santos »

What has been decided on the symmetry theory? I don't trust it, but I wouldn't want to ignore it either. Its really hard to decide. The only thing that really put me off was oEJo's lack of effort to explain his vote, but that has already been discussed and I'm over that issue. Ah well.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by Moses le fou »

Santos wrote:What has been decided on the symmetry theory? I don't trust it, but I wouldn't want to ignore it either. Its really hard to decide. The only thing that really put me off was oEJo's lack of effort to explain his vote, but that has already been discussed and I'm over that issue. Ah well.
Most everybody is for the idea of symmetry on the principle that it favor one mafia over the other if it weren't. If it were, say, T-T T-S1 S1-S2, that would give the first mafia two people to potentially manipulate compared to the second mafia's one (which would be especially unfair in that instance because the second mafia would be trying to manipulate scum instead of town).

On another note, I'm going to
FoS: ribwich
, though I still think oEJo is the better candidate.

And while I have your attention. . . ribwich, why did you say earlier that you had reason to believe that there was a fourth set of neighbours? Do you really think that HALF the players would be in some sort of neighbour set?
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:01 pm

Post by Santos »

I believe almost half would be. There are definitely enough claims to support the majority having 'neighbors'.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Moses le fou
Moses le fou
Goon
Moses le fou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:14 am

Post by Moses le fou »

For the sake of a paper trail:
ribwich wrote:Alright, first off I'm going to apologize for not delivering on the post by post analysis I had previously promised. I was working on it, but it was just taking way too long to do.

Regarding the neighbor roles, I don't think we should go too much into it.
There's just too many possibilites for what could happen even with 3 groups (And I have suspicions that there could be a fourth group as well.)

1. T-T T-S1 T-S2
2. T-T T-T S1-S2
3. T-T T-T T-T
4. T-S1 T-S2 T-SK
5. T-S1 T-S2 S1-S2

There's some that are much more likely than others, but in the end it turns into a matter of outguessing the mod. Where I do think this will come in handy though is in trying to figure out which lynch method to use later on in the game. Once we have somebody that is confirmed scum, if we suspect another person in the neighbor groups, we can use the symmetry to find out what they're immune to. I don't think we should use the symmetry to find out WHO to target, but instead should use it to figure out HOW to target them.

I don't think there's anything that we can get out of the mod edits. The mod has made other mistakes in the vote count, and I think trying to analyze what caused his mistake will lead us nowhere.

I do believe Santos is scum for many of the other reasons people have brought up. There is one post he has made though that everyone else seemed to have disliked for an entirely different reason than me though.
Santos wrote:I have been examining Riceballtail's play and I am impressed with his performance. I'm not sure whether I want to follow it or not. There is nothing ambiguous at all in his posting skills. Its either a very good scum poster, or a very careful power role. I aspire to play this way :p
Other people commented on how this looks like Santos is just trying to buddy up to Riceball, but to me it looks like subtle rolefishing. If it was rolefishing, I don't think it did a very good job, because there didn't seem to be any reactions from Riceball to imply that he has a powerrole. But it does look to me that this was Santos's intentions: To get Riceball to slip about having a power role.

As for which lynch method to use, I believe the gun would be the best option. Santos's initial vote was most likely little more than a random vote. But his vote for rope later on seemed like he was trying to trick everybody into thinking that only rope will kill scum. Of course, WIFOM is involved, but I honestly think he was not thinking that far ahead. His post to me looked like he saw pressure was being put on him, so he attempted to find whatever reason he could to get people to vote for rope.

Vote: Santos
Vote: Gun
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

CarnCarn wrote: Also, what is BM's position on oEJo now that he knows he won't post his role PM?
I dont really have one. But my gut says hammering him is a bad idea.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:00 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
oEJo (6): Moses le fou, ZazieR, Empking, hp [leaves], ribwich, Save the Dragons
Save the Dragons (1): Riceballtail
Battle Mage (1): SocioPath
ribwich (1): CarnCarn

Not voting (6): PutaPuta, armlx, oEJo, ZTR, Santos II, Battle Mage

With 15 alive it is 8 to lynch.

Lynch Method Vote Count:
Rope (9): Save the Dragons, Empking, Moses le fou, ZazieR, ZTR, CarnCarn, hp [leaves], ribwich, armlx
Gun (5): oEJo, SocioPath, Sineish, Riceballtail, Battle Mage

Not voting for a lynch method (1): PutaPuta

If a lynch were to happen without any change in lynch method votes, the Rope would be used.
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:47 am

Post by ribwich »

Moses le fou wrote:ribwich, why did you say earlier that you had reason to believe that there was a fourth set of neighbours? Do you really think that HALF the players would be in some sort of neighbour set?
I thought I had caught on to a breadcrumb from a player that hasn't claimed neighbor yet. But I hadn't really thought of how that would make half of the players neighbors, which doesn't seem likely, so I probably was just reading too much into it.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:27 am

Post by armlx »

Vote oEJo

I'm ready to move along.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Empking »

Why are six people not voting?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:49 am

Post by armlx »

5 now.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:56 am

Post by ZazieR »

And it's L-1
Ignore the ''R''
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Santos »

Unvote: Gun

oEJo will not hammer himself because he maintains he is town, right?

CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Santos wrote:oEJo will not hammer himself because he maintains he is town, right?
Yes.
Yeah, I don't know, I just don't see anything conclusive that says oEJo is likely to be scum, with the exception of his slip-up about not being sure if Santos I was town.
Like I said, I have some doubts about the original neighbor symmetry argument and it shouldn't be used as a reason to lynch (unless we are OK with possibly losing a townie at the cost of gaining that information about the neighbor setup).

armlx, any reason why you think T-T, T-S1, T-S2 is more likely than T-T, T-T, S1-S2?

Also, if there is indeed a fourth neighbor pair, I would assume this is as good a time as any for them to step forward.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:35 am

Post by CarnCarn »

CarnCarn wrote:Also, if there is indeed a fourth neighbor pair, I would assume this is as good a time as any for them to step forward.
That is, if they don't step forward today, I don't think any new Neighbor claims should be taken seriously.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:23 am

Post by armlx »

armlx, any reason why you think T-T, T-S1, T-S2 is more likely than T-T, T-T, S1-S2?
Looks better on paper when making a set up.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

why is Santos not on the lynch method count?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:13 am

Post by CarnCarn »

Sineish was voting gun in the VC before Santos II unvoted above.
CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:17 am

Post by CarnCarn »

armlx wrote:
I guess. But in terms of breakability, I would assume the mod would prefer the alternate symmetry. Anyway, I'm moving back towards hammering oEJo, even if it only means gathering info about the neighbor groupings.
Any final thoughts oEJo?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:46 am

Post by armlx »

CarnCarn wrote:
armlx wrote: I guess. But in terms of breakability, I would assume the mod would prefer the alternate symmetry.
Why? Its pretty safe as is.
oEJo
oEJo
Goon
oEJo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by oEJo »

CarnCarn wrote:
armlx wrote:
I guess. But in terms of breakability, I would assume the mod would prefer the alternate symmetry. Anyway, I'm moving back towards hammering oEJo, even if it only means gathering info about the neighbor groupings.
Any final thoughts oEJo?
No, but I'd like Battle Mage to hammer me.
Just call me EJ.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”