.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3576 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 3574, Something_Smart wrote:Also-- my message from Klick did say that if I had an action, I'd be able to take it the next night at no cost. It did not say that if I had a factional kill, I'd be able to do it twice the next night. Since the former was hypothetical, I'm not sure why I'd be told the former but not the latter, and Klick revealing the latter massively increased the chances of me getting executed when I was previously pretty townread. If it ever becomes possible for Klick to be scum, keep that in mind.
interesting. that's all that the message said?
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3577 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3575, PenguinPower wrote:*roleblocker...right?
You mean for this part?
In post 3573, Something_Smart wrote:it doesn't noticeably increase scum's chances of messing up the plan since they'd have to be a multitasking rolestopper.
If so, then no, because if scum is a roleblocker then they can mess you up regardless of whether they know your target. Sharing your target only hurts if they're a rolestopper.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3578 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:02 pm

In post 3576, PenguinPower wrote:interesting. that's all that the message said?
Paraphrasing, it said: As a result of someone's ability, if I survive till Night 5, I can use any abilities I have without spending any %. It didn't say anything about extra kills.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3579 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Klick »

My actual role is a Motivator, flavour being 'Coffee Addict'

If my target is town, they can use an ability the next night without cost
If my target is NOT TOWN (notable for the current 3p discussion), they can attempt an extra kill the next night, and they are also informed of what would have happened if they had been targeted as town

It is carefully worded to suggest that a 3p could exist and benefit from this now that I'm reading it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3580 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:53 pm

Could a non-killing 3p exist? What would happen if you targeted one?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3581 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:53 pm

Also that seems to just rule out traitor if you summarized it accurately?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3582 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

:/
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #3583 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Post by Klick »

I've asked, but I imagine by the time I have an answer the thread will be locked

I could see a situation where a traitor would be able to fire someone if I targeted them
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3584 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:34 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Fire that hammer was kinda really gross
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3585 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3555, fireisredsir wrote:i thought the joe response was a scumclaim but ive been wrong on that before
I think it would be less bad if you didn’t immediately add “ive been wrong on that before,” like if you genuinely had that level of self doubt you would not have hammered

Feels performative and not in a good way
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3586 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:01 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I won't be acting, but I think it's very important that Fire and Penguin have different targets. If Penguin is definitely targeting in me/Furtive, then Fire should target Dannflor.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3587 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:10 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Still kinda hopeful the game will just end though
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3588 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

tbh i wouldn't be surprised if fire's role was a mafia role?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3589 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:09 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 5.final

with 9 votes in play, it took 5 to make a decision. day 5 ended.

firing
Something_Smart [5]:
furtiveglance, Andresvmb, Dannflor, PenguinPower, fireisredsir
[HAMMER]

furtiveglance [1]:
Klick
fireisredsir [1]:
Uncrowned

not voting [2]:
jjh927, Something_Smart

mod notes~ this is a mod note.

flavourImage

flavour
now playing...
Električni Orgazam - Igra rok en rol cela Jugoslavija

▶ ❚❚ ─────────────────●─────────────  2:28 / 4:13
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3590 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:12 am

Post by Datisi »

flavourwell, the easy part of deciding who to fire was done. the hard part was going to be getting Datisi to actually do his job.

after about 7 calls, he finally picked up his phone. "hey, Datisi, we've decided who we're gonna fire, can you come down to the café and--"

"i'm sleeping. figure it out yourselves." click.

for a few seconds, the dial tone was the only thing breaking the silence in the room. visibly annoyed at the whole situation, Something_Smart got up from his seat.

"you know what? whatever. at least now i can focus on my career of becoming a pokémon twitch streamer," he said as he started walking towards the exit.

"wait!" fireisredsir yelled out just as Something_Smart was about to leave the break room, "who were you!?"

Something_Smart stopped walking, turned his head around, and looked fireisredsir in the eyes.

"Joe."
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3591 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:13 am

Post by Datisi »

Something_Smart has been fired day 5. he was a
vanilla waiter
, aligned with
café's employees

Spoiler: role pm
vanilla waiterwelcome,
Something_Smart
! you are a
vanilla waiter
, aligned with
café's employees
!

this job sucks, but it beats being homeless.

day abilities:

during each day, you may choose how productive you're going to be at work that day, ranging from 0% to 100%. if you do not submit anything, you will default to 100% productivity. for a complete explanation of this mechanic, please read the setup post, located here.

night abilities:

n/a

win condition:

you win once all threats to
café's employees
have been fired, and at least one member of
café's employees
is still in the game.

the main thread is here. please confirm by replying to this pm with your role name.

the sun sets, it is now night 5. sunrise in (expired on 2022-10-19 13:30:00).

please note that daystart will likely be late, as i will be in class at deadline. all night actions are due the above deadline.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3592 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:38 am

Post by Datisi »

flavourit seemed like Datisi mustered up enough willpower to actually get out of bed today. when you entered the break room, he was already in there, cup of coffee in hand. by the colour of his eye bags, you could tell it wasn't his first one.

"i found another ripped ID card this morning," he said after everyone had sat down. his voice mostly sounded tired, but you could notice a hint of anguish in it; restaffing would not be cheap. "PenguinPower won't be coming to work anymore."

quiet whispers filled the room. just as Datisi was about to get up and leave his employees for another round of discussion, one of them raised their hand, trying to get his attention. it was Uncrowned, who was awkwardly looking around his colleagues.

"hey, Datisi, you said that you found
a
card? as in, just one?"

"yes, like i said, i found one ID card, why are you--" Datisi trailed off, the realization finally hitting his tired brain.

there were only 6 employees present.

having realized the issue, other workers shot up from their seats. as there was zero tolerance for running late, they all knew what this meant.

"who's missing?"

"...fireisredsir!"

"it says that they haven't been online since last night!"

"and i can't reach their phone!"

as the employees were trying to understand what happened, Datisi checked his manager app. fireisredsir's name was completely wiped from the system, almost as if it never existed.

sighing, Datisi put his phone back into his pocket, and headed towards the meeting room's exit. "well, same rules as in the previous days. call me when you need me."
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3593 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:38 am

Post by Datisi »

fireisredsir has been fired night 5. they were a
saboteur
, aligned with
the inspectors

saboteurwelcome,
fireisredsir
! you are a
saboteur
, aligned with
the inspectors
!

having already betrayed your past, you have only one thing left to lose.

factional abilities:

you are a member of the inspectors, along with
|
[REDACTED]
|
. you may talk with your living teammates in the inspectors private topic, located
|
[REDACTED]
|
. you may talk there at any time as long as you are alive. once every night, a living member of the inspectors may submit a factional action of attempting to get a player fired.

night abilities:

recharging roleblocker
- during the night, target a player. assuming no interference with your action, you will learn whether that player has attempted to use an ability that night. if they have, you will roleblock them, and you won't be able to use this ability the next night. if they haven't, you may use this ability again the next night.

win condition:

the inspectors
have been fired, or nothing can prevent this from occurring, and at least one member of
the inspectors
is still in the game.

the main thread is here. please confirm by replying to this pm with your role name, or by posting in your pt.

PenguinPower has been fired night 5. he was a
forum mafia player
, aligned with
café's employees

forum mafia playerwelcome,
PenguinPower
! you are a
forum mafia player
, aligned with
café's employees
!

for as long as you can remember, you've been dreaming of having a job as a mafia player. though, this is not just quite how you imagined it.

day abilities:

during each day, you may choose how productive you're going to be at work that day, ranging from 0% to 100%. if you do not submit anything, you will default to 100% productivity. for a complete explanation of this mechanic, please read the setup post, located here.

night abilities:

tracker [cost: 15%; +10% for each additional usage]
- during the night, target a player. assuming no interference with your action, you will learn who that player visited that night, if anyone.

win condition:

café's employees
have been fired, and at least one member of
café's employees
is still in the game.

the main thread is here. please confirm by replying to this pm with your role name.

the sun rises, it is now day six.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3594 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:42 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 6.00

with 6 votes in play, it takes 4 to make a decision. day 6 ends in (expired on 2022-10-29 16:00:00).

firing
not voting [6]:
furtiveglance, Uncrowned, Andresvmb, jjh927, Dannflor, Klick

mod notes~ this is a mod note.

flavourImage

flavour
now playing...
Tajči - Hajde da ludujemo

▶ ❚❚ ───────────────────●───────────  1:53 / 2:51
~M
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3595 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:02 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yoooo guess we're third party hunting now

Klick, Uncrowned, and Andre are still confirmed on the basis that the third party is surely capable of making kills and so Klick's confirmed role, Uncrowned's conftown status, and Andre being tracked nowhere on a night where logically the 3p must have made a kill all hold up.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3596 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:05 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 3595, jjh927 wrote:Yoooo guess we're third party hunting now

Klick, Uncrowned, and Andre are still confirmed on the basis that the third party is surely capable of making kills and so Klick's confirmed role, Uncrowned's conftown status, and Andre being tracked nowhere on a night where logically the 3p must have made a kill all hold up.
So it's you or Dannflor....... :shifty:
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3597 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:08 am

Post by jjh927 »

No, it's you or Dannflor
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3598 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:10 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I'm going for Dannflor. You might think why wouldn't they kill Uncrowned/PP earlier but....I think JJH is townier for his posting regarding the mechanics/kills. Seems genuinely curious

VOTE: Dannflor
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3599 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:11 am

Post by furtiveglance »