Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Corvuus »

we need Primate prodded or replaced.

As for 'withholding thoughts', it is anti-town because town isn't able to get a read on you to see if you are town or scum.

Anyone coasting through the game posting "I agree with this, I disagree with that, nothing much to add, just posting to avoid a prod" are all anti-town sentiments since it tells us nothing about the player who writes it.

You may disagree with my primate PR posts and such, but it is far better for town to have people talk/doing something out there that can be read and interpreted, and not just "I agree/disagree with Corvuus", "I don't get what is going on", etc.

Corvuus
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Corvuus wrote:.....

we need Primate prodded or replaced.

As for 'withholding thoughts', it is anti-town because town isn't able to get a read on you to see if you are town or scum.

Anyone coasting through the game posting "I agree with this, I disagree with that, nothing much to add, just posting to avoid a prod" are all anti-town sentiments since it tells us nothing about the player who writes it.

You may disagree with my primate PR posts and such, but it is far better for town to have people talk/doing something out there that can be read and interpreted, and not just "I agree/disagree with Corvuus", "I don't get what is going on", etc.

Corvuus
OMG. This is totally ridiculous. Up until that "post to avoid prod" post, I think I've been doing pretty well. I wouldn't say that I'm the most prolific in this town, but I've been better than some people. At that point, I had no new thoughts, thus
I had no thoughts to withhold
. Re-read me and see if you think I'm more or less of a scum-hunter than the rest of the players.

You are way over-playing this point. Seriously, MM is still at the top of my scum-list, but you're 1A.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by Apothecary »

Sometimes it's difficult to post anything worthwhile. But I'll try.
It is difficult, yet not impossible, to interpret what Primate says. This, some would argue, is tantamount to withholding information, thoughts etc. However, he has outlined his suspects.
I haven't really posted much about my suspicions, but I think that Corvuus now is either scum trying to rile up people against townies who don't post much, or an extremist townie.
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Post by Atlas »

Macavity wrote:I didn't have much to add. I don't think my stuff with MM is new. How is it withholding thoughts if I really didn't have any thoughts to withhold?
As you could probably tell from my post, I didn't have much time to say anything or go back and verify what Corvuus had said. I didn't see any objection from you until after I posted so I (stupidly) assumed that Corvuus' read was accurate. Apparently it might not be, so I'm going to look back in the thread.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:15 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

MacavityLock wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:MiteyMouse, you, and SC are my top targets right now.
What is your case on MiteyMouse?
Like I said, I called MiteyMouse out early for his blindly following you in your bad logic.
MiteyMouse wrote:Did I say something wrong?
reeks of scum. Immediate OMGUS vote of me when I voted him. Everything else he's said has been distractions (Primate's PR discussion, discussion of his own PR), and not a single lick of scum-hunting.
I did not OMGUS vote for you....as I said when I placed it, the vote was for you being the third voter and it was not immediate. I know you think my question about if I said something wrong "reeks of Scum" but, you have a player simply post a rolling eyes smilie at something legimate that you said and let's see what you post as a response. Also I already defended myself against "blindly following"...I want reasoning when someone votes...not giving it or saying later is not helpful.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:25 am

Post by MacavityLock »

MiteyMouse wrote:I did not OMGUS vote for you....as I said when I placed it, the vote was for you being the third voter and it was not immediate. I know you think my question about if I said something wrong "reeks of Scum" but, you have a player simply post a rolling eyes smilie at something legimate that you said and let's see what you post as a response. Also I already defended myself against "blindly following"...I want reasoning when someone votes...not giving it or saying later is not helpful.
I gave my reasoning back when I voted for you on page 4. Would you like me to point out every scummy thing that you do while my vote is parked on you? Because I can try, depending on my schedule, if you like.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:44 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

MacavityLock wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:I did not OMGUS vote for you....as I said when I placed it, the vote was for you being the third voter and it was not immediate. I know you think my question about if I said something wrong "reeks of Scum" but, you have a player simply post a rolling eyes smilie at something legimate that you said and let's see what you post as a response. Also I already defended myself against "blindly following"...I want reasoning when someone votes...not giving it or saying later is not helpful.
I gave my reasoning back when I voted for you on page 4. Would you like me to point out every scummy thing that you do while my vote is parked on you? Because I can try, depending on my schedule, if you like.
I was just defending myself...isn't that a part of the game? You are more than welcome to point out every Scummy thing that I do...that is a part of the game too. You are attacking pretty hard for a simple defence.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

Atlas wrote:
Cephrir wrote:No, I didn't say that. I just said it wasn't a tell.
I don't agree with this. He's being anti-town by withholding thoughts.
Antitown =/= scum.

Don't even send Primate a prod, just replace him. Come on mod, don't be antitown. Replace him even if he keeps posting.

>.>
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Corvuus »

MacavityLock wrote: OMG. This is totally ridiculous. Up until that "post to avoid prod" post, I think I've been doing pretty well. I wouldn't say that I'm the most prolific in this town, but I've been better than some people. At that point, I had no new thoughts, thus
I had no thoughts to withhold
. Re-read me and see if you think I'm more or less of a scum-hunter than the rest of the players.

You are way over-playing this point. Seriously, MM is still at the top of my scum-list, but you're 1A.
---------------------------

I am entitled to my opinion and my opinion is this.

Posting a post and saying, "reading, still thinking, maybe do a PBPA later, etc. etc." is fine.

Posting and blatantly saying "I am posting to avoid a prod" is horrible and should never be done.

I couldn't careless how you compare to other people. That isn't a valid point at all.

If everyone here posted what you said, I would go after them the exact same way since posting 'merely' to avoid a prod is horribly anti-town.

If you post saying, "i have ideas, waiting for primate to respond.", or "interesting, but Primate or SC need to respond". Fine. I can understand and get that.

But I do not think anyone should get away with "posting to avoid a prod", or "posting just to show I am here" without saying anything else since that tacitly allows people to just coast through the game.

You scum hunting or not, others actions, etc. has no bearing on the fact that posting simply to avoid a prod is anti-town. Don't do it.

Corvuus
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Corvuus »

Cephrir wrote:
Atlas wrote:
Cephrir wrote:No, I didn't say that. I just said it wasn't a tell.
I don't agree with this. He's being anti-town by withholding thoughts.
Antitown =/= scum.

Don't even send Primate a prod, just replace him. Come on mod, don't be antitown. Replace him even if he keeps posting.

>.>
I don't get what you are saying in all of this Cephrir.

I didn't say anti-town = scum. I said and still believe that blatantly posting to avoid a prod is anti-town. It would take a lot (perhaps the moon changing orbit) to change my mind.

He could have posted, "miteymouse, my case on you, any answer?".

He didn't.

"so... still waiting on Primate and such, here is what I think, etc.?" but he didn't.

Instead he posts, "nothing going on in this game except 'don't talk about other games (which was what, 7 posts?, who cares?) and just posting to avoid a prod".

If he is active, playing the game, etc. then why not ask miteymouse? Why not talk or say something?

He did it 'now' but only after I said that posting to avoid a prod is anti-town.

To allow people to do that is just letting people lurk/skim by without them having to do anything while they appear to be doing something.

I'm still waiting on Primate, and then later on SC, and I state that i am waiting for it and looking at it.

Why post just to say, "avoiding prod, no comments".

Corvuus
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Atlas »

Unvote, and a prod on Zeppo please.
It's rather difficult to keep a top suspect that never posts.
Cephir wrote:Antitown =/= scum.
Where did I call him scum because of this? Because I think that it's a tell? o_0
Cephir wrote:Don't even send Primate a prod, just replace him. Come on mod, don't be antitown. Replace him even if he keeps posting.
I agree wholeheartedly (whether you were just kidding or not). No hard feelings, Primate.
Macavity wrote:You are way over-playing this point.
Maybe, but Corvuus isn't calling you scum because of it so I do not see any warranted suspicion on him.
Corvuus in his latest post wrote:Why post just to say, "avoiding prod, no comments".
Yeah, uhm I think that this issue has gotten more attention than it's worth. What Macavity did('nt do) is minuscule and doesn't point to anything beyond unhelpful town play. I do not think he is scum because of it, and I certainly don't consider him a 'blatant' anti-town player now because Macavity's play has been fairly strong throughout. I appreciate the scum/anti-town-player hunting, but IMO this has been blown out of proportion and is beginning to distract.

Macavity wrote:I did not OMGUS vote for you....as I said when I placed it, the vote was for you being the third voter and it was not immediate.
This doesn't make much sense to me. First of all, when you voted Macavity called your vote OMGUS in the post right after that (#103). You didn't make any mention that your vote wasn't OMGUS, but now you are? The late defense looks somewhat like back-tracking. Also, in that voting post you said
"I will admit that it did make me look a little harder at you seeing as that vote was on me!"
which implies the obvious. Third, your vote
was
immediate because it came in your very next post after Macavity's vote. (Technically second, but #101 is more or less nothing.)
Macavity wrote:I gave my reasoning back when I voted for you on page 4.
I'm pretty sure that Mitey was referring to Cephir/Evilgorrilaz, not you.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Atlas....I think your second to last quote was me talking not Macivity.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Atlas »

Yeah, I just realized that. Care to respond?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

I thought that it was prett obvious that the last part on the vote post was a joke. Perhaps my humour doesn't translate well when I'm not speaking though....I mean that seriously. I don't consider my vote was immediately after Macivity's vote....we will have to disagree on that one. I did put my reasoning for the vote in the post. And yes when I said I wanted reasoning I was not referring to Macivity's vote for me....I may not agree with the reasoning but, it was there...hehehe!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Cephrir wrote:Don't even send Primate a prod, just replace him. Come on mod, don't be antitown. Replace him even if he keeps posting.
You want Primate gone that bad!? How is this request pro-town?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Atlas »

MiteyMouse wrote:I thought that it was prett obvious that the last part on the vote post was a joke. Perhaps my humour doesn't translate well when I'm not speaking though....I mean that seriously. I don't consider my vote was immediately after Macivity's vote....we will have to disagree on that one. I did put my reasoning for the vote in the post. And yes when I said I wanted reasoning I was not referring to Macivity's vote for me....I may not agree with the reasoning but, it was there...hehehe!
For the joking part; fair enough. I don't consider your vote "immediate" in terms of thread movement either, but you didn't do
anything
between his vote and yours; it's not really a matter of opinion. And yes you did give your reason (albeit horribly misguided), but that came before his OMGUS accusation. You failed to defend yourself afterwards there.

By the way, who is your top suspect?
StrangerCoug wrote:How is this request pro-town?
Because Primate is undoubtedly going to make the game more complicated than it needs to be? Actually, I could only see Cephir's request as scummy if Primate is his scum-buddy and he can't deal with the (apparent) nonsense.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

My top suspect at this point is Cephir for the voting without reasoning and refusing to tell us why when asked. I hate magic bags!
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

unvote

Because, as pointed out, it was weak reasoning....and I'm fine with admitting I'm not the best player here. That and Macivity was pretty calm about it...I would think that Scum would get quite upset with it.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Huntress »

LlamaFluff replaces SmintyLost23

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Confirming that I am replacing. I will try and get my read done tonight but no promises.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Zeppo007
Zeppo007
Townie
Zeppo007
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Zeppo007 »

I'm still here have been having internet problems and been unable to get much online. will be back and make a larger post tomorrow. Just got my internet fixed today.
"Life is short and hard like a body building elf"
-Jimmy Pop Ali - Bloodhound Gang
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Ooh boy. LlamaFluff's a good player. Welcome.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Welcome LlamaFluff!
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Atlas »

MiteyMouse wrote:My top suspect at this point is Cephir for the voting without reasoning and refusing to tell us why when asked. I hate magic bags!
Every time someone mentions this, Cephir says "But I always explained them afterwards" as a defense, which I find acceptable (not that I found it scummy in the first place). To avoid repetition, could you respond to one of several said defenses?

Welcome LlamaLuff! I hope Cougar speaks the truth.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Corvuus wrote: don't get what you are saying in all of this Cephrir.

I didn't say anti-town = scum. I said and still believe that blatantly posting to avoid a prod is anti-town. It would take a lot (perhaps the moon changing orbit) to change my mind.
You FoS'ed him for it. That's implying you think it makes him scum.
Atlas wrote:
MiteyMouse wrote:My top suspect at this point is Cephir for the voting without reasoning and refusing to tell us why when asked. I hate magic bags!
Every time someone mentions this, Cephir says "But I always explained them afterwards" as a defense, which I find acceptable (not that I found it scummy in the first place). To avoid repetition, could you respond to one of several said defenses?
QFT.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”