Micro 1062 | Divide and Conquer | Postgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:41 am

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 1.10

Somnus (3):
Cephrir, Isis, Dannflor
Dannflor (2):
SCRRRDBEAR, SirCakez
SCRRRDBEAR (1):
Somnus
Radja (1):
Lucian
PookyTheMagicalBear (1):
Radja
SirCakez (1):
PookyTheMagicalBear

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is October 13 at 7:00 PM EDT.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-10-13 11:00:00)

Notes:
Isis is V/LA from Friday-Sunday
Last edited by catboi on Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:52 am

Post by Isis »

Catboi is the chibi version of himself
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:06 am

Post by Isis »

Pooky is a pretty scummy slot.

I feel like he would post with an even number of layers of irony rather than an odd number. Lol
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:22 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

isis knows me so well ^^

VOTE: somnus
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Isis »

Idt pooky would bus somnus in this setup

Is it a bear themed team pooky?

:3
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Isis »

I said this setup but my brain meant, in this dayplay

Pooky would actually ignore the setup
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Isis »

Once upon a time I was an innocent child in a dance game and pooky competed with his own scumpartners trying to dancee with me I think he cares about players so much more than like other stuff
"Well, I..."
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:23 am

i'm still mad at beeboy ngl
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Dannflor »

Spoiler: Response to BEAR
In post 380, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:WHERE IS THE FOLLOW UP TO SORTING CAKEZ IN 313, DANNFLOR?
I was interested in the idea that flipping Somnus would give a ton of insight into the game even if he flipped scum. No one seems to be playing around the slot particularly hard and the slot has given virtually 0 associatives. At the time, it didn't feel immediately intuitive that even if its likely a scum slot, that flipping it would give a bunch of information. I wanted to see where Cakez' thought came from and evaluate whether it was genuine. I was moderately satisfied with his answer but I just didn't say so in thread because why would I? It didn't change my opinion of him all that much.

This is the type of question I mean when I say I feel like you wanna GOTCHA me rather than sort my alignment. It's not AtE. I literally don't understand *why* you expect an in-thread follow-up to that. I also think you saw some sort of contradiction in me not thinking that there is a lot of information from Somnus' flip and me wanting to kill Somnus, but I don't really think those too are mutually exclusive.

I also *now* think Somnus' flip actually gives more information than I previously thought but that's neither here nor there.

I'm gonna continue to do this line by line receipt style because that seems to be what you want.
In post 380, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:WHERE IS THE FOLLOW UP TO SORTING SOMNUS IN 353, DANNFLOR?
I do not know how to sort Somnus based on his 4 posts and the fact that he is not here. I started having suspicions of you because I felt your push on me wasn't genuine, however, that conflicted with the fact that I really have no logical reason to town read Somnus aside from the fact that I scum read you. So I've been caught in this weird limbo where I have this pocket read on you but like if I use the rational part of my brain Somnus is just the best flip and the easiest one to get people on board with. It also hedges if I'm wrong which I'm thinking is increasingly likely as I reread the game.

Again, this is another example of a question where I don't understand what you're looking for. And again contributes to me feeling like you have no intention of sorting me.
In post 400, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:IF I FOLLOWED UP ANY HARD HARDER ON MY SUSPICIONS OF 190 THEN MY SKULL WOULD EXPLODE.

HOW HAS MY MANNER NOT BEEN CONFRONTATIONAL? TELL ME. TELL ME HOW I HAVE NOT BEEN CONFRONTATIONAL IN CALLING OUT YOUR SCUMMY POSTS SO I CAN BE MORE DIRECT ABOUT WHICH ROLE PM YOU GOT.
I phrased my initial post wrong. I definitely did not mean you have not been confrontational. Your whole vibe is confrontational. I mean I haven't felt like you have really tried to engage me (until recently) even though you've been confrontational. I think you can be confrontational but also try to fairly engage. I only felt the former.
In post 400, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:WHERE? WHICH POST? WHICH POST DID I NOT SEEM CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR ALIGNMENT? WHERE IS THE POST LINK OR THE QUOTE OF THE POST WHERE I DID NOT SEEM CURIOUS ABOUT YOUR ALIGNMENT?

YOU MEAN THIS ONE?
Both the posts you linked did not seem curious. Like I don't think the question about me solving in the hood is really going to give you any information? I guess it's plausible you think it might. But at the time I was like... oh he definitely knows there's nothing going on in the big hood.

It's also very possible some of my perception here is colored by the ALL CAPS.
In post 400, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:INSTEAD OF PROVIDING RATIONALE AND EXAMPLES FOR THIS CLAIM, YOU CHANGED THE SUBJECT ONTO RANDOM TOPICS TO SHADE MY CREDIBILITY AND DID NOT PROVIDE ANY POST TAGS OR QUOTES AT ANY POINT FOR WHAT YOU WERE REFERRING TO.
I wrote both my walls this game on my ipad at midnight in bed next to my sleeping partner. I was never going to post tag or quote.

I do regret not being as clear in my communication as I could've been. I feel like we've been talking past each other a little bit.
In post 400, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:NO. THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APPROACHING IN BAD FAITH AND CALLING OUT SCUMMY POSTS. THIS IS THE LATTER. YOU'VE MADE SCUM TELLS REPEATEDLY STARTING IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF 190 AND YOU'RE CONTINUING TO MAKE THEM HERE IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF 389.
Also, rereading I do understand where you're coming from more. I don't think 190 was a great post. It wasn't meant to be. It was meant to be thought vomit into the thread. I can see why a townie would think it is scummy. But the way I perceived your push onto me felt a lot more like the types of pushes scum make when they are looking for a "bad" post to latch onto.

I don't really have the BEAR scum vibes anymore. I mean, I think it's possible. It's possible my initial instinct was correct. But I don't really trust that instinct to not have been colored by ego and other emotions. In the cold light of day I see BEAR being increasingly frustrated by my responses, not BEAR being increasingly malicious towards me.

I like BEAR's posting a lot more after he stopped piece by piece wall posting to me. I already elaborated why those posts felt hard to respond to meaningfully. seems to demonstrate some familiarity with me, which while I can't verify, I think his expectation of me providing a clearer thorough line to follow checks out. and and all feel like BEAR is intentionally trying to give me space to breathe, and also like he's trying to search for a possible alternative explanation for his read on my play this game. Both of which feel unnecessary for scum!BEAR.

The more I think about it the more I just think it's a Somnus flip today. Some part of my suspicion towards BEAR was that it almost seemed like there was a surprising amount of resistance to his elimination in the game state. I would have expected his partner to be gung-ho about bussing. Obviously, that isn't the case anymore.

Sadly, Somnus hasn't come back to post more and generate more information like I hoped. But I feel like enough time has elapsed that there is at least some information generated by his flip.

I really really really really don't think Radja is partners with Somnus, largely because of . And so not only do I probably need to re-evaluate I think Somnus is just a way more valuable first flip. I think there still exists a world where BEAR is scum and although I was probably wrong on him I would love to just eliminate that possibility at all.

I don't have a great feeling about pushing anyone in the big hood right now and I'd prefer to at least get some information from flipping Somnus than pushing something I don't feel great about in the big hood.

I do need to reevaluate Isis. I started my reread trying to reset and I feel pretty good about Cephrir and Cakez being town, elaboration on that will come after my morning meeting.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

blood for the blood god
skulls for the skull throne
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:52 am

the ink black tendrils of the night sky stretch down into our fair town

a cold reflection of the darkness inside my heart

only oblivion now
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Dannflor »

I had kinda hoped that if Somnus was scum then his buddy would be a bit frustrated with the situation and let that leak out into their posting a bit

but reflecting I guess it's not terrible to have a buddy in the small hood that gives zero associatives
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Isis »

What if I immediately forgave them to generate oppressive angelic ingame advantage

Then now I will deepwolff
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Isis »

Dannflor I think you're not making reads in a very collaborative way youre like bot interested in reading other ppls thesises to unlock the truth of science just happy to deposit your thesis on the shelf and get your phd a
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Isis »

I trust the people who listen to their heartsongs and lim in the big hood the most
"Well, I..."
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 514, Isis wrote:I trust the people who listen to their heartsongs and lim in the big hood the most
In post 500, catboi wrote:Somnus (3): Cephrir,
Isis
, Dannflor
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Lucian »

I think my willpower is completely shot for this Day. I don't want to eliminate in the small hood, but it's also getting increasingly difficult to not vote out Somnus.

In my ideal world, the big hood inhabitants would be getting adequately pressured, but with the implicit understanding that Somnus is dying today, it's just not happening. Might even be better to just pull the plug there. I don't know.
I, too, have a destiny.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Isis »

In post 515, Lucian wrote:
In post 514, Isis wrote:I trust the people who listen to their heartsongs and lim in the big hood the most
In post 500, catboi wrote:Somnus (3): Cephrir,
Isis
, Dannflor
Do I need to hardclaim scum again I hardclaim scum
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Isis »

VOTE: pooky
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 513, Isis wrote:Dannflor I think you're not making reads in a very collaborative way youre like bot interested in reading other ppls thesises to unlock the truth of science just happy to deposit your thesis on the shelf and get your phd a
I'm not sure what your point is
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Lucian »

Why is Pooky scum, other than the even number of WIFOM layers?
I, too, have a destiny.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Cephrir »

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

Just eliminate scum we don't need to big brain the entire game at once
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

if i were to big brain the entire game id vote isis right now but only because i think she's drifted a little too hard into the stream of consciousness mode that I think tends to be her scum comfort zone
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Cephrir »

Daniel Napoleon Florington what did I JUST say