forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I definitely was not aware that it became the standard to include 'I can't target myself' in a role claim. To avoid any future confusion, I also can't target dead players, players not in this game, the mod, celebrities, and trees.
What about fire?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by SensFan »

Electra wrote:@ Sens - Do you think Seraphim is town now, then?
I have no idea. I just don't like your claim.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Seraphim »

-charter voted for Shadowgirl in his first post. This is more than likely meaningless, however, because both are dead and SG is a revealed third-party.

-Electra RV'd Sensfan in her first post.

-SensFan RV'd Yaw. Probably not relevant as Yaw is now dead and revealed town.

-Joke between FL and Caboose. I'm writing this one off, however.

-Sensfan says there is no cult(and I agree with him. If there was a cult, they would have won by now, or something. Plus, mod-meta on PJ)

-Nat votes for himself, but given his meta, I don't think this matters.

-Sensfan jumps on supposed Nat wagon, despite said meta

-Discussion about Nat's meta

-charter makes dread statement: "A Sens wagon would be dumb, he is town I am fairly sure."

-charter gets bandwagoned. Yaw, if you're out there, still reading this, I apologize for questioning your early game wagon.

-wolf...attacks ooba? In context, this looks really weird

-Sociopath jumps on new ooba wagon

-charter jumps on new ooba wagon

-finished speaking about Nat's meta

-MafiaSSK's effing meta. Dear God, Day 1 was totally wasted on that meta, bogging down the charter wagon

-ooba wagon vs charter wagon. Would post stuff, but these posts are mostly from confirmed(and dead town)

-people are pissed at Nat for his "this game is boring" comment

-I'm getting an odd vibe from wolf. He challenged the ooba wagon, and then tried to stop the charter wagon once again

-new MafiaSSK bandwagon

-MafiaSSK's meta sucks. Balls. Serious balls.

-Electra unvotes MafiaSSK

-Electra's alledged WIFOM

-Yaw begins SP bandwagon

-Sensfan wants a claim from SP

-Empking also wants a claim

-Note: I'm skipping over most of the SP wagon discussion, seeing as both Yaw and SP are dead and cofirmed town

-SP roleclaims

(Conclusions: currently, my lists of possible scum are:

Electra, who could be lying to achieve some mislynches

SensFan, if Electra is telling the truth about her claim

Wolf, who had some hand in the derailing of the charter bangwagon on day 1 and lurking.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Caboose »

forbiddanlight wrote:

You have it backwards. Her choice makes no sense under the original role given. When she was critisized for that, she THEN added a restriction that makes her choices look better.
To be honest, I think you are nitpicking, and possibly she didn't think that she needed to say that at first.
I also think that you're nitpicking. It looks like you reacted to being identified as possible scum by trying to nitpick at Electra's roleclaim. Seriously, you're not buying the roleclaim just because Electra added a small detail a little later on (I personally think that cops not being able to target themselves to be pretty much a given). Also, there's that thing where you're accusing me of "misrep." You accused me of misrep without making the initial point clear. You started crapping on Electra's choices of investigation without any reasoning behind it (personally, I think it was you freaking out because you've been identified as possible scum) and then once you're called down on it, you throw the word "misrep" at me when there is clearly no misrep on my part. That, to me, is scummy.

Vote stands.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

In the end, I have to move this way myself.

Unvote, Vote Sens Fan
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Empking »

I still think that when told "exact" players would give an exact role claim.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:45 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Ser

I did not see the wagon against Charter at the time on Day 1, I think i made that apparent. A person said they believed to be another to be town, looking back yes that could easily be seen now that Charter had more info then others, but at the time it to me seemed an innocent remark. You say i chalenged ooba, but lets not forget you went after ooba as well. And you agree MafiaSSKs case against charter on meta sucks balls, yet because i stop a wagon on charter wagon based on crappy case that didn't even hold with other players i give you weird vibes?

In the end, i don't see Sens flipping scum, you on the other hand I do Seraph
vote Seraphim
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Caboose »

Come on people, it's 9 days away from deadline.

@wolf - Why don't you see Sens as scum? Also, please elaborate on your case against Seraphim.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I don't see Sens as scum because his play hasn't (in my opinion) seemed scummy. Yes he has broken down Electra's claim, and i believe that to be a good thing, to really see if she is telling the truth.

Seraphim on the other hand has acted scummy, and his last post made me believe he is scum due to his pointing out that i attacked ooba for his vote against charter, yet he neglects to mention that he also voted ooba for basically the same reason as i did, yet i am the scummy one for it?
wolframnhart wrote:unvote, vote ooba

First you say you don't want to random vote, then you vote Nat on page three. When i ask you about it, you say it isn't a random vote, but never explain why you voted for him. Next you unvote Nat, again with no explanation, and now 2 pages later you jump on the Charter wagon with, once again, no explanation of why.
Seraphim wrote:Sorry about not posting lately; real life has been kicking me around in the shins the last week and probably will to some extent this week as well. I'll try to be more active, however. Here's my thoughts on stuff:

MafiaSSK: Your case on Charter is weak. While I do find his entire 'I'm fairly certain Sens is town' statement very...odd...it's not enough for to qualify for a vote. Ooba has been acting way more oddly with his random bandwagon jumping. Still, I don't see why had to pry information from your cold, dead fingers about his meta; if that's your case, be more specific.

Ooba: I covered this above, but your bandwagon jumping, IMO, is scummy as hell. Not to mention you stated that you hated random voting. I don't like that in the slightest.

Charter: I want to know why you are so certain Sens is town. It's very easy that it's his meta. That's fine, IMO, but if that's your only reason, then I'm not just taking your word for it.

Nat: Post moar. You didn't post much until prodded and you haven't posted since your meta discussion was completed. Lurking is frowned upon.

From my perspective: I think we should lynch Ooba until I see otherwise. His obvious following the leader with no reasoning of his own. Also, not much activity. Also, a hatred of random voting, even while random voting leads to discussion and scum-finding. IMO, all scum behavior.

Unvote, Vote: ooba
bolded I did. See first even he believes that MafiaSSK's case against charter is weak, yet again he points out in his last post that i give off an odd vibe for stopping the charter wagon. And he says it is odd i went after ooba, but again as you can see he gave just about the same reasoning that I had given before for voting ooba, and yet he says i am scummy seeming or it? Doesn't add up to me.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Caboose »

Thanks for clarifying and explaining, wolf. I'm interested in seeing Seraphim respond to this. In particular, I would like Seraphim to more clearly define what about wolf is suspicious to him.

Mr. Mod, could we please have a prod on Tamuz, please?

I would like Empking, Electra, Seraphim, Sens, and wolf to read and comment on post 578.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:04 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I think i explained what i think about Sens reaction to Electra's claim, and his nitpicking as you call it of her role, on my previous post. Are you asking for me to elaborate?

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Caboose »

wolframnhart wrote:I think i explained what i think about Sens reaction to Electra's claim, and his nitpicking as you call it of her role, on my previous post. Are you asking for me to elaborate?
Yes
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 am

Post by wolframnhart »

I think that Sens thought that you had misreped his words, and thats all. I don't believe he crapped all over Electra's night choices per se, just that he found them suspect because Electra based her first night choice on the fact that she believes Sens to be town, and Sep to be scum. I find it odd that for a cop role she isn't given the alignment, just that they are different, but the roles have been strange so far so i can't say anything on that. Is it bad for a person to criticize a claimed cops choices? No, especially since Sens is right, Electra did throw in the "i can't target myself" part. The doctor excuse Electra gave means nothing to me, because don't most doctor roles say you can't target yourself at night? Cop roles i have never seen say that, but maybe thats because most people would not need to be told that.

Does that explain my stance on it more or is there something i missed that you want an answer to Caboose?

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:46 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Three: Vote Count #2

2 Electra (Seraphim, Empking)
2 Seraphim (Electra, wolframnhart)
2 SensFan (Caboose, forbiddanlight)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is November 20, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 2 – SensFan, Tamuz

Tamuz has been prodded.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Electra »

SensFan wrote:
Electra wrote:@ Sens - Do you think Seraphim is town now, then?
I have no idea. I just don't like your claim.
I'm asking you what you think not what you know.

Also, you don't like my claim, what does that mean? That you don't believe it? If you don't believe it but you think Seraphim is scum, that makes no sense.

You need to make a much longer and more in depth post. You haven't expressed any thoughts about most of the players and what few thoughts you've given have been short and inconsistent.

@ Seraphim's post - To me, it says pretty much nothing. It seems scummy because it's the post he "promised" but he comes up with no new conclusions, plus it's not a very good analysis. He says three suspects but doesn't express anything definite at all.

I do think Wolf is suspicious for the listed reasons, but if Seraphim is scum, then he could be bringing Wolf up as a form of distancing. Similarly, Wolf could be bussing Seraphim.

I want to hear more from Empking, Sens, and Tamuz on the entire situation. It doesn't cut it to just talk about one aspect of my role claim.

By the way, it's not just a doctor - in general, cops can't investigate themselves. (Think about cops with varying sanities - what would be the point of this if they could just check themselves?) Also roleblockers can't block themselves or it would be a neverending loop. :p I fail to see how this nitpicking tells us anything, since it is not a scum tell or a town tell.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Tamuz »

Sorry, I'm on 18. I'm a slow catcher up.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:58 am

Post by SensFan »

Electra wrote:Also, you don't like my claim, what does that mean? That you don't believe it? If you don't believe it but you think Seraphim is scum, that makes no sense.
This is just plain incorrect, and I'm sure you know it.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Seraphim »

That was only a partial summary. Sorry if I...

didn't mention that at all.

My bad.

Wolf, just for clarification, you're not on the top of my suspects lists, literally and figuaratively. I'm just musing on that fact from the lofty perspective of my brain. Certainly, there's little or no case on you at this moment and I certainly don't plan on pursuing your case unless something happens that changes my mind. Continuing on...

-MafiaSSK claims survivor

-SP is lynched

NIGHT 1

Shadowgirl is killed.

ooba is killed.

DAY 2

-MafiaSSK declared safelynch

-I question vaildity of SP lynch

-Electra votes SSK

-I make my controversial attack post on Yaw

-Yaw and SensFan gets my name wrong(obv scum)

-I am attacked by various people for very legitimate reasons

-MafiaSSK is lynched anyway

My conclusions(full, this time):

MafiaSSK:
He played an awful game and distracted the town from finding scum for Day 2. By all accounts, he should have flipped scum, but that would have been too easy.

forbiddanlight:
I have no reason to believe that she is scum at this point.

Tamuz/RandomGem:
Not enough activity for me to get a good read on them.

wolframnhart:
Eh, possible scum? My read isn't strong enough on this guy. The only thing that I found that was notable was his derailment of the charter wagon. And wolf, I'm not saying you're scum because you voted for ooba. You started a wagon that ran against a wagon that would have lynched scum. That's my case and it's a weak one. Also, I said that I didn't like MafiaSSK's meta. It was more of an attack on MafiaSSK than on the bandwagon itself.

Electra:
Either a liar trying to fire off some mislynches or an honest cop who thinks I'm scum for legitimate reasons and that Sens is town. Or, scum trying to bus Sensfan. Any of these is possible.

Sensfan:
The best way to test Electra's claim would be to make you die, because I certainly don't want to lynch myself. Plus, you really seem to be jumping on Electra's claim, simply because it may end up convicting you when I flip town.

I could lynch Electra, but I would rather save that if SensFan flips town. For now, however, I'm going to follow Electra's lead and...

Unvote,
Vote: SensFan
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Caboose »

Caboose wrote:I would like Empking, Electra, Seraphim, Sens, and wolf to read and comment on post 578.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

But to follow Electra's lead would be to vote you isn't it?

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by SensFan »

Caboose wrote:
Caboose wrote:I would like Empking, Electra, Seraphim, Sens, and wolf to read and comment on post 578.
Yes, I know. I will get there.

Seraphim, lynching me only tests Electra's claim to you. Same with lynching you to me, which is why I do not think lynching you is the play here.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Electra »

SensFan wrote:
Electra wrote:Also, you don't like my claim, what does that mean? That you don't believe it? If you don't believe it but you think Seraphim is scum, that makes no sense.
What is incorrect? I am not saying something that could _possibly_ be incorrect. I'm asking you questions.

You have made like 8 posts that are extremely short and have yet to address anything.

I don't think Seraphim is cleared, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for you to be a serial killer. This would also explain charter's post - I don't think he would do it if you were scum with him, but if he thought you were town, then it would make sense. It would definitely explain your reluctance to address this situation because unless Seraphim is scum, a lynching of any of us would result in a lynching of you and you can't win unless you are alive at the end.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by SensFan »

Electra wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Electra wrote:Also, you don't like my claim, what does that mean? That you don't believe it?
If you don't believe it but you think Seraphim is scum, that makes no sense.
What is incorrect? I am not saying something that could _possibly_ be incorrect. I'm asking you questions.
That statement is a BLATENT false conclusion.
Electra wrote:You have made like 8 posts that are extremely short and have yet to address anything.
Yeah, whatever. I've been kinda busy with school.
Electra wrote:I don't think Seraphim is cleared, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for you to be a serial killer. This would also explain charter's post - I don't think he would do it if you were scum with him, but if he thought you were town, then it would make sense. It would definitely explain your reluctance to address this situation because unless Seraphim is scum, a lynching of any of us would result in a lynching of you and you can't win unless you are alive at the end.
This is wrong on several counts, but I don't have time right now.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Caboose »

Electra wrote:I don't think Seraphim is cleared, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for
you
to be a serial killer
Pronouns without antecedents. :(
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:51 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Three: Vote Count #3

3 SensFan (Caboose, forbiddanlight, Seraphim)
2 Seraphim (Electra, wolframnhart)
1 Electra (Empking)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is November 20, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 2 – SensFan, Tamuz

Mod Note: I will be away from Nov. 12 – Nov. 14. During that time, Thesp will serve as the moderator of this game. However, he has been sick lately and there is a high probability he may not be able to make it to this thread should his services be necessary. Given this, please do not be alarmed if there is a lynch while I am away and nobody has locked the thread. Don’t go burning down the thread while I’m away, and adhere to the rules.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”