Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but I want to know your reads
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 1275, Nero Cain wrote:but I want to know your reads
ok. pretty sure hutmeil is town
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

:/
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

i'm gonna post a full read list tomorrow morning, i'm too tired/punchy right now
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1274, DeltaWave wrote:oh cool. they take advantage of better systems, e.g. we're completely digital with e-signatures etc etc instead of fully paper files and that sort of thing. they also have a well-defined role for paralegals which is sometimes a question mark in firms
That sounds really helpful and highly unusual for a law firm. Are there any noticeable (though abstract) differences from other law firms when you interact with coworkers/bosses/paralegals at this firm?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1279, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1274, DeltaWave wrote:oh cool. they take advantage of better systems, e.g. we're completely digital with e-signatures etc etc instead of fully paper files and that sort of thing. they also have a well-defined role for paralegals which is sometimes a question mark in firms
That sounds really helpful and highly unusual for a law firm. Are there any noticeable (though abstract) differences from other law firms when you interact with coworkers/bosses/paralegals at this firm?
I'm trying not to ask leading questions lmao
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

For a moment there I thought that a law firm exists which embraces intellectual curiosity and I was dumb-founded. I thought about what you said a little bit and now I think there is a different explanation for the advantages which your firm offers.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1258, Greeting wrote:
In post 1249, Frogsterking wrote:Greeting can you post a reads list?
I will do this on Day 3 after I see
Eiralox
's flip. That is, if I am still alive on Day 3.
Can you not play like Gandhi please?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 134, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright, some reads because reads are good;

Town -
Hoppip, Inutile, Furtive, Ausuka

Maybe town -
Ghandi

Null -
Hutmeil, Greeting, Juice

Maybe scum -
Eira
Mohab

Scum -
Frog and Delta

VOTE: Delta
I colored in the above with where my head is at right now.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1186, Eiralox wrote:BBT.... has done nothing. The only reasons i changed my vote are cos frogster seems to think bbt town, and cos imma do this proper.
I think this is the last one now unless you believe BBT is Town.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Fake TvT path?

Spoiler:
In post 1163, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1161, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1160, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Frog was also inexplicably town reading Mohab if I remember right and refused to explain the read.
No. Your inability to remember this game is now known rather than implied.
I don't know man, you definitely came around to town reading Mohab at some point and never explained it. You refused to explain your posting a number of times as well so I just stopped reading or caring about what you posted.
In post 1164, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 495, Frogsterking wrote:I'm definitely coming around to Mohab!Town here.
Yeah, you start town reading him after his really bad push on Greeting which caught mine, and I think Ausuka's (?) attention.
In post 1165, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1163, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1161, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1160, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Frog was also inexplicably town reading Mohab if I remember right and refused to explain the read.
No. Your inability to remember this game is now known rather than implied.
I don't know man, you definitely came around to town reading Mohab at some point and never explained it. You refused to explain your posting a number of times as well so I just stopped reading or caring about what you posted.
It sounds like I had good judgment then and you followed suit.

PEdit:

I don't think you have a point here, I think you shaded me based off a mistake in your memory and now you're trying to cobble together a rationalization to protect your ego. I feel like 90% sure our interactions thus far are aimless TvT bullshit.
In post 1166, Nero Cain wrote:girls, you are both pretty

BBT disappears again after this because being labeled TvT is a desirable outcome for him (unlike everyone else in this thread who gets confrontational over being labeled TvT.)

I'd describe BBT as trapped in a shade-disguise-lurk loop. BBT shades a townie target, if they're called out they disguise the interaction as a TvT shit fest, then they lurk as long as possible.

A couple notable exceptions occurred in D2:

BBT randomly town sending himself
Spoiler:
In post 1162, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 488, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 476, Mohab500 wrote:I have to ask, why is there a wagon on Juice but not a wagon on me? this game makes no sense. I just looked at their posts and I am barely ahead of them in useful activity if at all.

This makes me feel weird about Greeting's intent to hammer or whatever bullshit: yes they didn't give a reason for you to townread them but neither did I or I'd reckon several people in here basically have given no reason to be town read so I am extremely confused what's going on. It seems like somebody is just trying to jump on a random wagon to me.

VOTE: Greeting
There is a wagon on Juice because they have literally contributed nothing despite popping into thread 3 times or whatever it is.

I find it interesting that you're willing to go to bat for a slot you seem to think is town from extremely little information.

Why did you choose Greeting out of all the people? Sure, he stated intent to hammer, but he isn't even voting unlike everyone else on the wagon.
In post 496, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 492, Mohab500 wrote: I do think the intent to hammer is just a way to pre-emptively justify getting on the wagon. I also never stated that I thought the juice guy was 100% town, I just don't think this excuse of him popping in and out of the game and saying random shit is a good reason to vote him because that's also exactly what I've been doing and people aren't really wagoning me hard or other people who have literally contributed nothing.
Why would he need to justify getting on the wagon when barely anyone else has? Why is Greeting's intent to hammer any worse than any other vote on the wagon?

You never stated Juice was town, but you imply it by fighting against the wagon. If Juice is town, I would bet either you or Eira are scum. Scum try to avoid this Juice wagon, 100%.

You've also contributed
some
things. Juice has contributed none, there is no comparison to be made.
Anyone trying to put me on PoE for inactivity can suck it. Had I been around more, I would have pushed on Mohab.

These interactions are never s/s
In post 1253, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm not paired with Mohab so I really shouldn't be there.

BBT asking completely pointless questions to appear active in the thread
Spoiler:
In post 1218, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1211, DeltaWave wrote: i think i may have modded a game once or twice off-site so i'm probably not the best expert on this. ill need someone else to confirm my understanding on this one, but my understanding of natural action resolution is that kill actions are resolved before investigate actions. therefore, you wouldn't get a guilty on crescent. your action wouldn't have resolved at all because crescent was killed. see, e.g, https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... olden_Rule
This actually sounds legit. Does anyone know with 100% certainty?
In post 1224, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1220, Nero Cain wrote:I kinda think this'll be a scum win b/c ya'll ain't going to vote out Ausuka.
Why would we vote out town?
In post 1227, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Wait, why do you have so many green in your reads?

Have I missed something?
In post 1243, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, you just greened town reads Nero?

I think that BBT found a pattern of play (shade-disguise-lurk) which was effective for them on D1 and they're deviating from this pattern on D2 because they're nervous and tense.

I'm thinking Gandhi/BBT are the last two.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1252, Nero Cain wrote:it makes sense to me that an informed Ausuka would call my reads bad b/c she knew they were bad.
where did i even do this
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:02 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1260, Greeting wrote:Actually, I was wondering why I wasn't killed tonight and
furtiveglance
was. My guess is that there are no more Mafia Goons in this game and so my role isn't a threat to the mafia anymore. I will still continue checking people in case I am wrong though. I'm planning on targeting
hoppip
on Night 2.

Still though, it's kinda weird that they would sacrifice
Crescent
like this. I made it clear that I would be likely targeting her tonight (). If she hadn't been vigged, I would have announced my guilty and she would be gone on Day 2 anyway.
My guess is that there are other mafia goons in the game

Seems possible they were hoping to miseliminate you, in a game I just modded scum left a town roleblocker alive in the hopes they would get miseliminated even though a scum was already dead
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: hoppip

I like this!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 583, Ausuka wrote:
In post 582, Nero Cain wrote: just seemed a bit defensive and aggressive. It's possible that I'm misreading your tone but someone being misread and their response is
your read is lacking
just seems kinda odd to me.

What are your thoughts on my or anyone else's content since your last post?
Sorry your read sucks :(

I don't have any thoughts I want to share other than the question to Eiralox, otherwise I would have just, like, posted them.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

or I guess maybe I misread a lil' b/c you are commenting on the read on you and not my reads as a whole.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1288, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: hoppip

I like this!
Do you feel like since toy did nothing but vote town yesterday you should maybe rethink your reads?

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:30 pm

Post by Ausuka »

i voted for a townie on day 1

who you also voted for

jesus christ
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't really think that's something to get upset over.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:46 pm

Post by Ausuka »

sorry but i really think the idea that all my reads are automatically wrong and i have to flip on everything because i voted wrong d1 is absolute nonsense
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Ausuka »

like, of course hoppip could be town. i never said hutmeil was definitely scum and i don't think hoppip is definitely scum

my mindset of who is acting towny or scummy isn't suddenly going to flip overnight. i have said why i suspected hoppip's posts in the past, i do not like that they have disappeared and would like them to post stuff. if you think hoppip is town tell me why. saying "oh you were wrong once so you're not allowed to vote your scumreads" does not fel constructive at all

it would be one thing if I thought you were scum here bullshitting but I think you are being genuine
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:52 pm

Post by Ausuka »

well i mean, unless you're informed i don't really see how you can say i did "nothing but vote town"

do you know hoppip is town?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but that's not what I said, I asked you if you think you need to rethink your reads.

though I don't really know where your head is at right now b/c you aren't really talking about your reads.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ah the pushback

and nope

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by Ausuka »

I mean I don't get your point then? If I thought Hutmeil being town made hoppip townier that would be one thing but I don't

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”