Open 84 - Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:57 am

Post by roflcopter »

/confirm
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by roflcopter »

but alabaska, we won that game because i'm so awesome, so i don't see what the problem is. :D
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:28 am

Post by roflcopter »

vote: somestrangeflea

dice voting = scum
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:35 am

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: chubbsmclubbs
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 am

Post by roflcopter »

Scigatt wrote:so...now what?
Now we lynch chubbs.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:40 am

Post by roflcopter »

my voting for chubbs without putting anything else in the post was a snarky way of saying "this vote is because you vote without reasons." the lynch has become more desirable because of his continued contentless posts.

in other news, when chubbs cardflips mafia, we lynch eldritch lord for being his partner.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

POINT OF ORDER

joubert is so scum it hurts.

forbiddanlight has given a very good summary of the difference between my "x today, y tomorrow" and joubert's. in mine, "y tomorrow" only happens if the "x today" is scum. in joubert's version of things, "y tomorrow" happens when "x today" is
town
, and the fact that joubert made the suggestion at all means its much more like that "x today"
will
in fact be town, or at the very least not on joubert's scumteam.

unvote, vote: joubert

chubbs, in the future, do not just roll over and accept being lynched, no matter what your alignment it is bad for your team. also, there is a very narrow set of criteria for making a no lynch good, otherwise do not ever vote no lynch. current conditions do not fall under those criteria.

---

ChubbsMcLubbs (4): Snix, Alabaska J, Geddingsworth, somestrangeflea
roflcopter (2): forbiddanlight, Joubert
Snix (1): Eldritch Lord
armlx (1): Scigatt
Sun Tzu (1): mik5
Joubert (1): roflcopter
No Lynch (1): ChubbsMcLubbs

Not Voting (3): armlx, orangepenguin, Sun Tzu
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

also there is a very strong possibility that geddingsworth, somestrangeflea, or both are opportunistic scum on the chubbs wagon.

in particular, ssf brings together all the anti-chubbs evidence in a spiel that looks pretty damning, but is easily explained as newbie mistakes, especially the no lynch vote and subsequently going belly up. such behavior from somebody not on ssf's scumteam must have looked too good to pass up.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by roflcopter »

joubert is today's lynch regardless fyi.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Alabaska J wrote:Everyone but roflcopter (already answered it), chubbs (obvious), Joubert (obvious), and I (already answered it) need to answer this question: If we were to lynch one of chubbs or Joubert today, who would you choose? Please review both cases carefully before answering this question.
WOAH

seriously?

you scum need to stop being so obvious.

alabaska is one of the scum. probably joubert's partner given how hard he's trying to keep things on chubbs, but this false dilemma makes it possible that he's the other scumgroup too.

getting more and more likely that chubbs is just newbtown making some newb mistakes.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Geddingsworth wrote:
roflcopter wrote:getting more and more likely that chubbs is just newbtown making some newb mistakes.
His posts haven't changed; they still look just as scummy. The way he didn't even say he was a townie bothers me.
Alabaska J wrote:If we were to lynch one of chubbs or Joubert today, who would you choose? Please review both cases carefully before answering this question.
Whoa there, partner. We're lynching someone already? And why's it have to be one of them?
hi. its not his posts changing that make him more likely to be town, its the attitude of others in some extremely scummy posts towards him that make him more likely to be town. two separate people (joubert, alabaska) are trying desperately to orchestrate his mislynch in a way that can lead to a second lynch tomorrow of someone not in their scumgroup. joubert is the one doing this the most obviously. and yes, we're lynching somebody already if the town would get off of their asses and do it, because there really should be no question that joubert is scum after his
"lynch x as town today, lynch y tomorrow!" post. that kind of bullshit doesn't come from pro-town players, that comes from people who have a specific agenda of keeping their scumgroup off the chopping block in mind.
snix wrote:It's page four and to be honest neither of them really warrent death as of yet. I would like chubbs to stop lurking and maybe address some of the points against him.
its page four and a scum has been pegged. why does everyone always think that we should hold off on lynching somebody because "not enough has happened." what towns should really be doing is lynching the scum they catch before anyone is allowed to squirm out of the noose. joubert is scum, lets lynch him.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:43 am

Post by roflcopter »

Eldritch Lord wrote:we've noted your motives, we've noted your feelings
please tell me this is a JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR reference. that would be awesome.

back on topic: i feel i have provided my reasoning quite strongly in this game, much moreso than i have in past games in fact, as can be attested to by checking out my completed games yourself.

i feel like you are trying really hard to keep me in the pool of potential lynches down the line. i call this technique "poisoning the well," its basically where you sow seeds of doubt about someone (me in this case) early on and then later in the game you remind everyone of what could have been scummy about something that is in fact pro-town (in this case, catching scum) and try to get me lynched for it.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:39 am

Post by roflcopter »

way to not respond to my point about being joubert's partner, alabaska. instead you just tried to put a little distance between the two of you by talking about how you're possibly willing to lynch him. and yet you still prefer the chubbs lynch.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:42 am

Post by roflcopter »

geddingsworth wrote:This would be a good argument, but there's two scum groups. It's easy to see a situation where Chubbs is Ice and joubert is Fire.
joubert is not the only person trying to keep the attention on chubbs. you and alabaska are equally guilty of this. far too many people are investing way to much in keeping chubbs at the forefront.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:08 am

Post by roflcopter »

that was an easy one to catch - i played caiaphas in JCS my sophomore year of high school :)
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by roflcopter »

please
prod: armlx
too while you're at it, he hasn't posted since confirmation.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by roflcopter »

scigatt wrote:I don't see anything that he's done so far that is scummy. Can you elaborate?
the timing and manner of ged's chubbs vote were both very summy to me. he slid in as the wagon was gaining some serious steam, and added nothing at all. looking at this posts again in isolation i notice that he too seems to have a seriously vested interest in keeping the focus on chubbs and off joubert.

but then, ssf just did the same thing again in his most recent post that caught my attention when he voted chubbs, which is calling out another tell that can be either newbie or scum and pushing it hard, namely disappearing under pressure. this time though he simultaneously totally ignores the fact that joubert has pulled the same exact stunt, and keeps his vote on the chubbs wagon, which at this point is rather importent.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by roflcopter »

he lives!
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 am

Post by roflcopter »

armlx wrote:Something is up with this Joubert wagon.
you're kidding right?

otherwise, please explain what exactly you think is "up," pronto.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by roflcopter »

holy shit forbiddanlight, how many fucking times do i have to explain that i did not say the same thing as joubert. go read my fucking posts about it, it is explained in very simple terms.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by roflcopter »

why isn't joubert dead yet?
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by roflcopter »

forbiddanlight wrote:
roflcopter wrote:holy shit forbiddanlight, how many fucking times do i have to explain that i did not say the same thing as joubert. go read my fucking posts about it, it is explained in very simple terms.
I wanted to see OP say that. You remember I was the one who pointed out the difference? I wanted to see if OP understood that or if he was just jumping on with half assed logic. I was hoping no one would ruin that, but alas, someone did. Tends to happen apparently. Also, dislike Jou's defense. It's too much "OMG, you misunderstoooooood me"and then OMGUS. no dice.
ok good we're friends again. sorry about that. *hugs*
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 am

Post by roflcopter »

armlx wrote:My feelings are that Joubert didn't really do that much (well, up until his last post) and his wagon went way too fast to be 100% legit.

Basically, what Ged said.
this is patently uninspiring.

i'm calling for a real hammer.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:32 am

Post by roflcopter »

all you people blaming me alone for joubert being mislynched have to remember it took more than just my vote to lynch him.

i'm looking at you here alabaska.

in the meantime,
vote: geddingsworth
as i find myself agreeing with armlx (which is a strange sensation for me).

starting tomorrow (since our beloved bodyguard is now dead) i would like to offer this deal to the mafia(s) on behalf of the town:

if your kill fails and the other mafia kill succeeds, that means you shot an opposing mafia. please make that obvious by relentlessly trying to lynch that person. we will help you lynch them before we lynch you.

its a good deal, you should take it.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ged, i'm sure you thought he was an enemy scum when you hammered, thus your "could have gotten townie points for doing nothing" argument is null. hell, i bet you thought you'd get townie points for hammering a scum. especially in this format, scum have every reason to scumhunt for the opposing team. no crosskills, so its the only way to get rid of them.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

you're off your rocker.

pretty sure ged's mafia anyway though.

take him to pilate.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by roflcopter »

itt we play jesus christ superstar mafia
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by roflcopter »

scum need to lynch opposing scum. they can kill town at night.

they'll want to help us lynch their rivals if their nightkills fail.

seriously scum, kill fail tonight = tell us about it tomorrow
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:35 am

Post by roflcopter »

gd it. ^5 alabaska.

go town and whatnot.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

this game took way too long to finish after i died. statistical proof that days take longer once i am dead.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:48 am

Post by roflcopter »

so, ice is obv capulet, making sekinj juliet to forb's romeo
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”