Open 84 - Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by mik5 »

As I recall, your vote for Joubert was given with no explanation at all. Your exact words were, "Joubert's defense is teh suck." In fact, [/b] you hammered Joubert
, but ended up lucking out because of a technical error. I fail to see how my explanation that was similar to everyone else is any more scummy than your non-existent explanation.

---

ChubbsMcLubbs (2): Geddingsworth, Alabaska J
Geddingsworth (1): Scigatt

Not Voting (9): armlx, ChubbsMcLubbs, Eldritch Lord, forbiddanlight, mik5, orangepenguin, roflcopter, Snix, Sun Tzu
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

mik5 wrote:As I recall, your vote for Joubert was given with no explanation at all. Your exact words were, "Joubert's defense is teh suck." In fact, [/b] you hammered Joubert
, but ended up lucking out because of a technical error. I fail to see how my explanation that was similar to everyone else is any more scummy than your non-existent explanation.
I voiced my opinions about Joubert before the second vote was cast, I believe. Reading the thread instead of blatantly misrepresenting people is a much better thing to do if you want to look town.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by mik5 »

You think I am scummy because my reason for voting Joubert wasn't original and unique enough. Had it ever occured to you that multiple people may use the same reason for a vote? Doing so doesn't make you any more/less scummy, it is simply a justification for why you voted a certain way.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Snix »

Vote: Chubbs

Because I now realize that he disappeared when the pressure was turned up and never returned.
ChubbsMcLubbs
ChubbsMcLubbs
Townie
ChubbsMcLubbs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by ChubbsMcLubbs »

Im still here, I just don't have much to say.
If anyone has anything they want me to respond to I would be more than happy to provide an answer. Ive just done more observing than talking since the whole bandwagon against me on day 1.
Geddingsworth
Geddingsworth
Townie
Geddingsworth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by Geddingsworth »

mik5 wrote:Geddingsworth, I don't mind if you FOS me, but give me an explanation. You also didn't give an explanation why you changed your FOS.
I haven't FOSed you.

On my Chubbs vote: I wanted to put it there until he came around and said something useful. Disappearing under pressure like he did yesterday is not cool, and this is a joint "I still suspect you" and "post some content" vote.

Speaking of which, Chubbs, that last post doesn't help your cause. I don't have anything I want you to respond to, but you could do us the service of posting your opinions. Who do you think is scummy? Who do you think is town? Why?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

mik5 wrote:You think I am scummy because my reason for voting Joubert wasn't original and unique enough. Had it ever occured to you that multiple people may use the same reason for a vote? Doing so doesn't make you any more/less scummy, it is simply a justification for why you voted a certain way.
The way you posted it looks like leeching. Your vote, out of all the votes, looks the most like scum jumping on.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by mik5 »

Sorry Gedding, I mistyped. I meant to ask why Alabaska FOSed me, which lead to the long argument.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

ChubbsMcLubbs wrote:Im still here, I just don't have much to say.
If anyone has anything they want me to respond to I would be more than happy to provide an answer. Ive just done more observing than talking since the whole bandwagon against me on day 1.
Please do more talking. I want you to respond to the fact that you were very wishy-washy and cautious about being in the spotlight day one. Reasons? Also, why did you begin "observing" once there was pressure put on you?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by mik5 »

Alabaska, you could say the same about you because of your first hammer, gedding because of the second, or anyone else that voted after roflcopter. I will repeat that having the same reasoning is not necessarily indicative of scumminess.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by mik5 »

Sorry, my last post was in reference to post 181. I should start using the quote tool.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

mik5 wrote:Alabaska, you could say the same about you because of your first hammer, gedding because of the second, or anyone else that voted after roflcopter. I will repeat that having the same reasoning is not necessarily indicative of scumminess.
*sigh* it is not just the fact that you used the same information it is the way it was done. You leeched; your post makes it look like you are a dutiful townie adding something to the argument when you are not actually doing so: you are just rewording the argument presented.

Why are we discussing this? We should be focused on chubbs today; you are a secondary candidate for lynch in my eyes.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
ChubbsMcLubbs
ChubbsMcLubbs
Townie
ChubbsMcLubbs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by ChubbsMcLubbs »

In day one I suspected Alabaska and rofl were scum, possibly together because of a couple minute things I noticed between them that i thought were kind of iffy. Since then ive given up on the thought of them working together for now. But to be honest they both still seems scummy to me.

As far as people being town, I dont have much. I do think you are a townie, geddigsworth, oddly enough because you voted for me right after Joubert turned out to be town. I think some of the scum not only put attention on me but on Joubert as well; so that when/if he turned out to be town, i would be an obvious and immediate choice for the lynch of day 2. I dont think you were voting as scum trying to lynch someone not in their mafia, but rather a townie falling into the hype created by the mafia(s) to lynch me quickly.

One reason im questioning roflcopters intentions is because of him putting attention on me and joubert yesterday. The whole I think Chubbs is noob-scum but im voting for Joubert seemed very weird to me. The whole setting up who to point the finger at once Joubert ultimetely got lynched.

Now that Joubert did turn out to be town, It became obvious (based on the voting so far) that i would be the next one to go for little to know reason. It is possible that the mafia set that up to be so.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

Alabaska J wrote:
ChubbsMcLubbs wrote:Im still here, I just don't have much to say.
Please do more talking. I want you to respond to the fact that you were very wishy-washy and cautious about being in the spotlight day one. Reasons? Also, why did you begin "observing" once there was pressure put on you?
Good. Content is a start. Now answer the above.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by armlx »

Vote Ged

Quick hammer turnarounds like that are beyond scummy.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
ChubbsMcLubbs
ChubbsMcLubbs
Townie
ChubbsMcLubbs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by ChubbsMcLubbs »

To answer your question Alabaska i began "observing" because everytime i started talking more and more blame got placed on me. It seemed like whenever i talked, no matter what it was, i would get a vote because of it. even a simple "aww" to losing a random pick and getting a random vote got me additional votes, when me saying Aww was nothing more than dissapointment at me losing a dice roll. Not only that but i wasnt making any contribution. So rather than to keep talking, and looking rather dumb in the process, i just shut my trap and listened to everything you all had to say.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:00 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

armlx wrote:
Vote Ged

Agreed. Now post your thoughts on chubbs and mik5, please, the other people I am willing to lynch today. Also, roflcopter.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by armlx »

Ok.

Chubbs wagon is kinda odd to me. Don't see much basis. Plus Ged is voting him.

mik5 is definitely on my suspects list based on position on the Joubert wagon which went WAY too fast, but isn't really at the top as it appears he actually tried to make the wagon proceed in a normal fashion.

Rofl is being rofl, not really a read either way.

Orange Penguin is someone else I'm looking at. See the reasoning on mik but without the redeeming factor.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

armlx wrote: Orange Penguin is someone else I'm looking at. See the reasoning on mik but without the redeeming factor.
Do you have any questions you want me to answer? (Since you are looking at me, I'm assuming you want more info regarding me, since I have been quiet compared to some)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:32 am

Post by roflcopter »

all you people blaming me alone for joubert being mislynched have to remember it took more than just my vote to lynch him.

i'm looking at you here alabaska.

in the meantime,
vote: geddingsworth
as i find myself agreeing with armlx (which is a strange sensation for me).

starting tomorrow (since our beloved bodyguard is now dead) i would like to offer this deal to the mafia(s) on behalf of the town:

if your kill fails and the other mafia kill succeeds, that means you shot an opposing mafia. please make that obvious by relentlessly trying to lynch that person. we will help you lynch them before we lynch you.

its a good deal, you should take it.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Alabaska J »

roflcopter wrote:f your kill fails and the other mafia kill succeeds, that means you shot an opposing mafia. please make that obvious by relentlessly trying to lynch that person. we will help you lynch them before we lynch you.

its a good deal, you should take it.
I have a bad feeling about this…but we'll see.

Also, I am liking the Geddingsworth wagon more and more and now that chubbs is actually posting content, well, my urge to vote him over Geddingsworth is waning fast.
unvote
, I will read them both again, and put my vote where it needs to be.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Alabaska J »

After a quick isolation reread, they feel like scumbuddies O_o.

They both vote SSF. chubbs jumps on second, possibly imitating his scumbuddy. Ged panics, and starts distancing immediately once rofl posts his case. Ged distances the whole of day one, even leeching my reasoning that chubbs looks more like noobscum, before hammering Joubert after a sudden flip-flop. Begins the day with more bussing, probably hoping we will lynch his partner really fast because of yesterday, clearing him because he jumped on first. Ged also joins in on questioning chubbs when the flavor of the month becomes trying to get him to post content instead of just lynching him right away. Ged asks him some question after I do, and chubbs
answers his first
; this is important because he would naturally (especially as noobscum) want to pay attention to his partners posts more than mine. Interestingly enough, chubbs fingers Ged as the most townie player in his eyes, for some BS about how his vote on chubbs was actually a town move. I guess during the night, after chubbs became a bit disenfranchised with his partner after his partner's attempted bus (as noobscum tend to do), he was pm'd and told to go with it. Realizing the distancing going on, chubbs tries to play his part in the gambit, thus fingering Ged as the most town.

The Ged wagon has more gas, so I will comfortably put my vote there.
vote: Geddingsworth
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Alabaska J »

That's the fourth vote I believe.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Geddingsworth
Geddingsworth
Townie
Geddingsworth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Geddingsworth »

So, just to be clear, Alabaska, you think my brilliant scum strategy is to try as hard as I can to get my only partner lynched? Bussing is a fine tell and all, but there's a line between bussing and stupidity.
armlx wrote:Vote Ged

Why? Wouldn't it have been much easier for a scum me to get a bunch of townie points and stay off the wagon? It was easy to see I'd be under pressure today if joubert showed up town.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by roflcopter »

ged, i'm sure you thought he was an enemy scum when you hammered, thus your "could have gotten townie points for doing nothing" argument is null. hell, i bet you thought you'd get townie points for hammering a scum. especially in this format, scum have every reason to scumhunt for the opposing team. no crosskills, so its the only way to get rid of them.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”