Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

to you know actually catch up.

I think a lot of his oneliners are unneeded and he could just read the game and give his conclusion. It makes me feel like he's just puffing up his post count to look active.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 770, Nero Cain wrote:I just don't really get the hutmeil case. Like I could maybe buy into
he's not being as active as normal
but beyond that its ????

Part of me just feels like voting out MND or Gandhi would be fairly constructive b/c I don't trust Gandhi's
leave me until day 3
and I think MND's plodding catchup is fake.
Ok, I'm going to lay out the case for Hutmeil in this post all together. If it still doesn't go through at least I tried

So, the #1 thing for me is how reactive Hutmeil has been. Almost everything he's done has been *in response* to the actions of someone else, and he's shown very little that looks like genuine scumhunting. In fact, I think unvoting furtive after RVS is one of the only things he's really done proactively and even then you could argue it's just convenient for scum Hutmeil to not be voting anyone.

I'll give examples to demonstrate this point. In Hutmeil begins his push on Juice after being promoted by Frog and encouraged in that direction. Later, in hoppip encourages Hutmeil to place a vote - he quickly responds that he will do so later, and is indeed willing to place an E-1 vote on Juice. I think it's fairly shady how the development of this read was influenced so heavily by others - and it'd be one thing if this was an one time thing, but it's a consistent pattern. He only gives a readlist once I press him for one. He becomes more active after being pressured, and most of this is just responding to people talking to or about him. For example in he's responding to Frog and me, and suggests Frog is scum for pushing him, but in response to Frog changing his read, Hutmeil changes his in turn. I challenge him on it - - in a way that suggests he should still be scumreading Frog . And in reaction to this, hutmeil goes back to scumleaning Frog, and waffles that the action was "townie and scummy at the same time" - given he explicitly made a post calling Frog's change of mind townie, I have a very difficult time buying this. I think again, he is very reactive to the other players of this game, and it does not look like he's making an effort to find scum independently, but rather to avoid making any obvious mistakes and skating by.

Hutmeil displays a lot of conventionally scummy behaviour which I believe is in fact actually scummy. This is definitely similar to the previous point, but there's not much content in his ISO and there's nothing that makes me feel like he's genuinely uninformed and trying to find scum. I believe his readslist post - is a shining example of this. His reads don't have any serious level of thought or depth - players who are active and would make for difficult pushes like me are town, Juice who he has been encouraged to scumread and has been blatantly scummy is his only scumread, and everyone else 'gets a pass' with no real intent to dig into any of their posts or sort them.

There's also some behaviour which I think is waffly in a scummy way. is an early example of this. He calls the post 'interesting', and scumreads it while making sure to emphasise repeatedly how uncertain he is - it feels stilted to me. A much better example comes later in specifically his response to me. There are two things I want to highlight - firstly, he flips on Frog when Frog townreads him (of course this is convenient for scum Hutmeil to do) and when I push him on it he argues it's simeltaneously townie and scummy, and then repeats that line in this post. Frankly I think this is nonsense - if you're conflicted about a post made by someone you scumlean, it doesn't make sense to call that post 'townie' and not elaborate until pressed on it. I think the most simple explanation is that Hutmeil wanted to reconcile with Frog, an active player, to increase his odds of survival, but later believed he couldn't successfully justified this and tried to backtrack a little. It's not a great scum strategy but it makes more sense than any other town explanation.

Some people will probably respond to this by calling a lot of my concerns playstyle. I encourage them to look at hutmeil's completed games as town; they show a lot more independence, genuine scumhunting and overall vigour than he's shown here.

Finally, I want to point out his opportunism. He pushes on Juice when that's the done thing, and seems to move on when it's not. When scum Gandhi is being pushed by a lot of people due to his frustrating playstyle Hutmeil is happy to pile on the pressure. And more recently he's decided to voice a suspicion of Greeting, presumably in preparation to join the wagon. This isn't a massively strong point and I acknowledge all of these players have been scumread fairly widely - but it is convenient for scum Hutmeil that he's always willing and able to jump on the most viable miseliminations.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 12, Ausuka wrote:I knew the reference! I haven't played much of the civ games but I'm pretty sure Gandhi has an agenda where he won't like you unless you have nuclear weapons

pedit: I don't have any recent completed games with him but am not completely unfamiliar I guess
Well, that's some good essay writing practice at least.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 156, Gamma Emerald wrote:Nuclear Gandhi (3): Eiralox, Greeting, Frogsterking
inutile (3): DeltaWave, Nuclear Gandhi, Mohab500
DeltaWave (2): furtiveglance, BlueBloodedToffee
furtiveglance (1): Ausuka
this was the vc before Juice voted Gandhi and the argument that was made that the Gandhi vote was RVS and it being on the lead wagon was just a coincidence. I'm not all that sure if I buy that. Given that I think he's active lurking it makes me think this is a scum slot.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Mohab500 is being replaced.

The day deadline is being frozen, and will be set to 48 hours once a replacement is found.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

hutmeil could be scum I guess.
In post 526, hutmeil wrote:
In post 518, Ausuka wrote:I checked his meta and while he isn't the most active player - there is *definitely* something missing here.

VOTE: hutmeil
I get the vote on me sure. Anything I can answer for you to help ease your mind?
this is the only thing that kinda is real scummy to me since I think town get more upset when they are misread. But beyond that, it seems like a meta read which I'd p much agree with.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 723, Nero Cain wrote:hey Greeting. You do realize that part of scums jobs is to make "good points" and try to come off as townie? They are going to poke holes and cast doubt on town b/c that like their job. I personally don't think that your reason to town read him is very good. What do you think about my accusation that he's active lurking?
It does have some merit, but I don't think you took into account the fact that he replaced in. I have seen this type of catching up in games before, that is quoting loads of posts to find anything notable and comment on it, and in my experience that is NAI. I would much rather if he made up to 5 long summary posts with conclusions though.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 734, hutmeil wrote:
In post 716, Greeting wrote:I honestly don’t remember why I did this. I played one game with him where I was scum, and felt threatened enough that I killed him (Newbie 2095). I probably saw the same tone as in that game and just put him into the townbin for that. I will have to check to make sure though.
I remember that game. BBT came in strong and scum killed him for that (as you said).

But I also remembered how you played scum in that game is similar to how you are playing now. You we're posting as needed ( I guess so as not to get prodded ) and flying under the radar and acting helpful to newbies which of course makes you look townie to them.
Which newbie did I help this game? I am scumreading
hoppip
, who sounds like a newbie, because this isn't the Newbie queue.

How am I flying under the radar? I have like 3-4 people voting me now.

This post makes zero sense actually and says nothing about how "
BBT
came strong" in your opinion. So you agree with my read and you think I'm likely scum?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 739, Ausuka wrote: Anyway, I'm trying to ask where his gamesolving intent is evident? I haven't gotten much of a read out of MND so far.
Posts like , , , , , - all have the intention of solving the game imo.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Greeting »

I 100% agree with the
hutmeil
wagon though, he's been in my PoE and never really left it. I remember a significantly better performance from him in Newbie 2095.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 771, furtiveglance wrote:Regardless of my insecurities, I'm opposing Hutmeil's vote. Greeting is more palatable.

VOTE: Greeting
You never explained your progression from leaving me out of the PoE (last seen ) to voting me .
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I get that he replaced in but I don't think being a replace absolves him of any crime. 25 pages doesn't seem like that much but this isn't a novel. He has a bunch of small little one liner that could have just been condensed into 1 or 2 bigger posts so it just feels like he's trying to look really active. I don't think a lot of people really agree with me but that's how I feel. I doubt he would have finished in 44 hours (the deadline before it was frozen)

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 320, Greeting wrote:Sorting.

Greeting

inutile

Ausuka

furtiveglance
BlueBloodedToffee
Frogsterking

DeltaWave

PoE:

Juice
hutmeil
hoppip
Eiralox
Mohab500
Nuclear Gandhi
I think this readslist is just the group consensus as it was at the time. As in the average of everyone's thoughts. It makes me think you just looked at post count instead of thinking about the game.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 787, furtiveglance wrote:

Greeting

inutile

Ausuka

furtiveglance
BlueBloodedToffee
Frogsterking

DeltaWave

PoE:

Juice
hutmeil
hoppip
Eiralox
Mohab500
Nuclear Gandhi
I think this readslist is just the group consensus as it was at the time. As in the average of everyone's thoughts. It makes me think you just looked at post count instead of thinking about the game.
Firstly, I don't think there was a group consensus read in this game ever. Even inutile got scumread before she replaced out.

But, let's say that there was a group consensus on townreads. Why is the fact that I support it scum indicative? If I am scum, I don't want a group consensus of townreads, because I will never be able to miseliminate all of them.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 788, Greeting wrote:
In post 787, furtiveglance wrote:

Greeting

inutile

Ausuka

furtiveglance
BlueBloodedToffee
Frogsterking

DeltaWave

PoE:

Juice
hutmeil
hoppip
Eiralox
Mohab500
Nuclear Gandhi
Firstly, I don't think there was a group consensus read in this game ever. Even inutile got scumread before she replaced out.

But, let's say that there was a group consensus on townreads. Why is the fact that I support it scum indicative? If I am scum, I don't want a group consensus of townreads, because I will never be able to miseliminate all of them.
I'm saying you supporting the group consensus is scum indicative because you don't need to engage with making up your own reads.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 789, furtiveglance wrote: I'm saying you supporting the group consensus is scum indicative because you don't need to engage with making up your own reads.
I haven't spoken about all of my townreads, sure. But I explained most of them. I would say that the posts listed below are evidence against me making up reads by copying consensus townreads. Plus, I am now townreading
Mapuche Never Die
who is the leading wagon and so far from being a consensus townread.

Frogsterking
()
Nero Cain
(inutile) ()
Ausuka
()
furtiveglance
()
DeltaWave
- tier below townreads, but out of the PoE ()
Mapuche Never Die
(, )
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 790, Greeting wrote:
In post 789, furtiveglance wrote: I'm saying you supporting the group consensus is scum indicative because you don't need to engage with making up your own reads.
I haven't spoken about all of my townreads, sure. But I explained most of them. I would say that the posts listed below are evidence against me making up reads by copying consensus townreads. Plus, I am now townreading
Mapuche Never Die
who is the leading wagon and so far from being a consensus townread.

Frogsterking
()
Nero Cain
(inutile) ()
Ausuka
()
furtiveglance
()
DeltaWave
- tier below townreads, but out of the PoE ()
Mapuche Never Die
(, )
Ok, I see you have reasons. And I admire someone townreading their main counterwagon. I just don't think hutmeil is mafia.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Deadline kinda snuck up on me and I feel a bit stuck.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

it's frozen now.

Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

In post 770, Nero Cain wrote:I just don't really get the hutmeil case. Like I could maybe buy into
he's not being as active as normal
but beyond that its ????

Part of me just feels like voting out MND or Gandhi would be fairly constructive b/c I don't trust Gandhi's
leave me until day 3
and I think MND's plodding catchup is fake.
I’ve played with town!Nero before and he also has this kind of garbage
moonlogic.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Greeting »

Anyways, this is my Day 1 final PoE.

hutmeil
hoppip
Eiralox
Mohab500

Left out
Mapuche Never Die
and
Nuclear Gandhi
because both of them produced sufficient amounts of good content.

I am happy to eliminate anyone out of these four really and
hutmeil
is a good candidate. I don't think I really need to expand on the
hutmeil
case as everything has been said. His only case was Juice, and when he got replaced, he didn't build a second one.

@
Nero Cain
: if anyone is actively lurking this game, especially since Juice's replace-out, I would say it's
hutmeil
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 795, Mapuche Never Die wrote:VOTE: hutmeil
I think this is E-2.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 796, Greeting wrote:Left out Mapuche Never Die and Nuclear Gandhi because both of them produced sufficient amounts of good content.
My ass.

UNVOTE: hutmeil

Sorry Ausuka, this bullshit with MND and Gandhi needs to end today. I'm not waiting until D3 for Gandhi/MND to play like a human.
In post 797, Greeting wrote:
In post 795, Mapuche Never Die wrote:VOTE: hutmeil
I think this is E-2.
If you want me to vote hutmeil over MND/Gandhi show me where they wrote something that wasn't garbage.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

with the deadline frozen we prob shouldn't kill anyone till MND catches up and Mohabs replace does the same.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”