Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Illumina »

Wall-E wrote:Obviously, if we need to know what happened with the serum, we'll pressure the recipient into telling us, and otherwise, we won't! The first word in the first sentence in this post is me calling you, Illumina, clueless, but since I don't think you're actually this clueless, I think you're lurk/fluff posting.
Easy, Wall-E. What you say obviously makes sense, that's why I was asking Sera about it: it seemed like he was advocating for the serum-ee making that call, which seemed problematic to me. I don't think it's fluff posting to ask for clarification, it was a legitimate question. (I agree with you, it just didn't jive with what Sera was saying at first)
Wall-E wrote:It's helpful of you to fuel our triangle of bandwagons a bit, but all you've done is go along with the majority on the two least important wagons in the game.
I think the random allocation of serum makes sense for today. Are you suggesting that I should have created a "unique snowflake" plan of my own? Or that the random plan is a poor one?
SpyreX wrote:I'd still like to understand why Wall-E for the 'synth.

He's claimed flesh - if you think he's scum he should be the lynch. If you think he's town, he should be free.
True, but mycosynthing him allows us a safe way to test his flesh claim. It doesn't determine much, but it's better than nothing. I tend to believe Timeater's metal claim: doesn't seem likely to me that scum would outright claim metal and ask for the serum, since suspicion and mycosynth would soon follow. I recognize the wifom inherent in this argument, but it strikes me as too brash for scum. He seems more likely town to me, at least right now.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Wall-E »

Wall-E: It's helpful of you to fuel our triangle of bandwagons a bit, but all you've done is go along with the majority on the two least important wagons in the game.

Illumina: I think the random allocation of serum makes sense for today. Are you suggesting that I should have created a "unique snowflake" plan of my own? Or that the random plan is a poor one?

Wall-E: I wanted more opinion from you. Thanks for providing. I also want you to vote for someone to lynch. I don't care if you have to stretch a tiny bit: We are getting close to deadline and we need a D1 lynch.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Wall-E »

Illumina said: True, but mycosynthing him allows us a safe way to test his flesh claim.

Wall-E said: No, it doesn't. It's a way of ensuring I'm flesh, but it tells you nothing about my truthfulness.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Natirasha »

Alright, since my access if going to be shoddy at best(example: I'm only on right now because my parents went to lunch), hasdgfas is in charge.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Timeater »

Is Nati grounded? lol :<
watch for the eggshells
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:38 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Hi guys. I'll be taking care of you
muahahahaha
while nat is having difficulties.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Wall-E »

Natirasha's parents are international spies. Last night, Nat borrowed their stealth copter and went on a joy ride. When he got home, his parents removed his neurochip that let him access the 'net with his brain, so now he has to break into the datavault (past the cybercloptic spiderbot guards) to check the internet in his subaquatic spy home.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Timeater »

Natirasha's parents are international spies. Last night, Nat borrowed their stealth copter and went on a joy ride. When he got home, his parents removed his neurochip that let him access the 'net with his brain, so now he has to break into the datavault (past the cybercloptic spiderbot guards) to check the internet in his subaquatic spy home.
You're quite the character.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Wall-E »

Who should we lynch, Timeater?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

At Spyre: It's a stretch from the actual situation at hand, but don't you think if we just decided not to synth anyone that claimed flesh it would defeat the purpose of synthing anyone? I'm unsure of Wall-E's alignment and I have a better lynch candidate, so what's wrong with synthing him? In this particular scenario, I can see why you think TE is a better target, but I personally bet he's town. I'd rather not synth him and waste a good town role.
Honestly, I'm more worried about the lynch. The synth seems to be put to use on claimed metals. If someone, not at lylo, claims flesh and gets lynched and doesn't die - well, we've got us a liar and they can be dealt with.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Timeater »

RELAX SON

I'm super happy other people are posting but Tuber has yet to post and may need a replacement.

@Mod - Can we get Tuber replaced or a prodded?

MOD EDIT:
most definitely

Vote: Seraphim

Reasoning: (this is what I was going to write. Then I changed my mind. Disregard half of this but read anyways to see what my current thought process is like. I'll post again later with a myco vote)

Code: Select all

1. Wall-E seems down with a myco majority. If he really was a townie, why would he be ok with this? Wouldn't it be a waste? I dont think Illumina understands that it doesn't matter if we confirm him to be flesh or not, because flesh does not equal town. Its not like myco'ing him confirms him or anything. And he has been very subtle about the whole suggestion, TOO cautious, TOO careful. His whole stance is very contradictory, which leads me to believe some part of him is being deceptive. I'm doing a re-read and I'm seeing lots of subtle "Wall-E tells" I dont like. I find myself siding with Porkens over Wall-E most of the time. Except for the part about throwing me in the pit. :P My feelings about that situation are below.

[quote="Spyrex and CF Riot for relevancy and truth!"]He's claimed flesh - if you think he's scum he should be the lynch. If you think he's town, he should be free. Now, the claimed metal that I dont believe, that seems like the correct call for the synth.

I'm unsure of Wall-E's alignment and I have a better lynch candidate, so what's wrong with synthing him? In this particular scenario, I can see why you think TE is a better target, but I personally bet he's town. I'd rather not synth him and waste a good town role.
[/quote]

2. Oh Seraphim. You've been a naughty boy.

[quote="ort"]While there's not a hugely strong case against him I don't like how he posted in other games and _only_ responded in this game when (and immediately after) it was suggested he was lurking. This implies, of course, that he _was_ lurking.[/quote]

And as far as I can tell, he has yet to defend himself against the lurking arguement or adress any of SpyreX's points (only CF Riots). This sort of selective participation is hugely scummy in my eyes. His only defense to the lurking was "thats unfair, and he hasnt had time" But he's had time for other games? I'm not buying it! Add the lurking on top of it, and I've got myself a good myco vote. 

Tl;dr: Wall-E wants to be synth'd so we dont give it to him (dont take the wine!). Seraphim has been an active lurker and has made several scummy posts so we myco him. Looking back I dont think Wall-E has ever mentioned Sera BLAH I DONT LIKE THIS CASE MYSELF
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I don't want to be synthed, I just don't have a problem being synthed. A vulnerable person is easier to listen to, because if they say something you don't like you can lynch them. I plan to vocally attack someone at some point in this game, and when I do I don't want the stigma of unkillability tainting the town's perception of my words.

I can't defend against "a bunch of Wall-E tells," so I'll just post to say, "Your mom."

Seraphim, as I've already pointed out, has posted one or two lines in each of about ten posts on the entire site. I refuse to accept anyone's assertion that Seraphim is actively lurking this thread based only on his/her site-wide meta. I have said this before, and your assertion to the contrary is noted as a sign you shouldn't be taken too seriously in the future in my book.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

That was a start, but its the fact that everything he's said leads to not pro-town results that makes me keep my vote.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Wall-E »

CF Riot wrote:When did anyone say anything about you dying? The synth won't kill you.
Same difference. Synthing is not a nice thing to have happen to a player, and asserting what you did was scummy. Don't play semantics with me or I'll get REAL nit picky and then everyone will hate us both.
I just happened to notice that at first you were all, "sure guys, I don't mind synth votes cause I'm fleshie anyways," and now you've turned into, "well, maybe we should synth the person we're going to lynch." It's extremely weak I'll admit, but the way I read that is you tried to claim flesh town to talk us out of synthing you, (as synthing a fleshie does nothing) and now that you're getting close to it actually happening you're trying to find an alternative. Ergo, steelscum.

Can't argue with any of that. It's all possible. I've already stated why I'm meh about being synthed.
Nice OMGUS though.

Ah, now you're reaching. It wasn't OMGUS. Read more carefully.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by Timeater »

I refuse to accept anyone's assertion that Seraphim is actively lurking this thread based only on his/her site-wide meta. I have said this before, and your assertion to the contrary is noted as a sign you shouldn't be taken too seriously in the future in my book.
That was a start, but its the fact that everything he's said leads to not pro-town results that makes me keep my vote.
Sigh

Ok, mod, I would like to be replaced. I think I am done with mafiascum.net. Have fun everyone!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

...what?

I was talking about Sera, whom I am voting for?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Timeater »

Oh, well my bad.

Still Wall-E's comment was really rude. I'm gotta take a breather...
watch for the eggshells
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yea, you do. :P Definitely don't let the game get to you. This is still cordial, no one has dropped down to saying "YOU ARE IDIOTS" yet.

Emphasis on the yet.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Hey, woah, it's not worth you leaving the game, TE. I can be 'rude' (a hard thing to define; I call it 'honest') but I'll never use ad hom. in a serious manner, and I'm not nearly as grumpy as I sound. I sincerely apologize for any offense given, Timeater, and hope you'll stay in the game!
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Nicol Bolas »

hey guys, Cow here.
I'm still trying to catch up with how this game is going, and I have a busy next couple days, so while I'm trying to catch up with votes and stuff, I'm going to say the deadline is extended until Friday the 14th.

Timeater, do you still want to be replaced?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Wall-E »

extension yay hasdgfas is so handsome
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Timeater »

"I'm gotta" lol - @Nat, Naw, I'm good. I just had a really bad experience last game I played here, with that in mind, I over-reacted a little in this situation. Sorry for being a drama queen.
watch for the eggshells
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by ortolan »

No problem, happens to the best of us (I recently got extremely agitated in a newbie game).

Point about the mycosynth: Timeater and Wall-E have both claimed metal/flesh status respectively. I think we should use the myco on someone who hasn't yet claimed. (Going back I realised I already made this point, see post number 255)

That's why I'm going with
Mycosynth: CF Riot

I'm happy to go back to my previous vote for Porkens if that is preferred.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:38 am

Post by Wall-E »

I prefer CF Riot.

Porkens seems more town, of the two.

I could be argued down from this position with some sweet talkin from ortolan.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Wall-E »

EBWOP: Sweet talkin by CF Riot. Or anyone, really. I just typoed in ortolan for CF Riot in the previous post in that third sentence, and wanted to correct it so as not to cause
rumors
confusion.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”