Micro 1059: Micro & Normal Stuff | GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:30 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 968, Ausuka wrote:
In post 16, MegAzumarill wrote:VOTE: Coral
Not even a real plant.
In post 44, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 43, scamper wrote:i am!

i kinda think phoenix is townie
Disagree so far
struck me as a little lamist.
Meg why didn't you vote for phoenix here
Didn't have very strong feelings about it at the time.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: Xayah

I really don't like their posts yesterday, I think at times they felt somewhat artificial, and i know I'm biased but I think this is at least a good place to start the day

Not really feeling any other wagon, like I could be convinced on meg or scamper maybe but I'm not there right now
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 927, Datisi wrote:i have a vague feeling this game is fucked if galron flips town so i am ignoring that possibility for the time being
This feels like a town post

Not because it's particularly difficult to fake I just feel like it's a really pointless post for scum Datisi to make and on balance he is less likely to bother making it than town Datisi
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 949, Datisi wrote:mostly for the insistence that ari is town when the ari/ausuka wars were happening, personally. esp since galron flipped red, i think a more competent scum would've tried to abuse that.

i did surface like most of their posts too, but uh. not something i'm actually gonna be using i think.
why do you not rate scamper as competent scum?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 957, Ausuka wrote:GE and Datisi I think are partners with Galron very rarely

I don't think it's Coral here

Meg is like, uh, maybe. Same with scamper who I am probably never not going to be paranoid of :lol: they do feel a bit different here but I guess it's also a different environment?

Xayah is my prime suspect I think - Done is town, GE is town, I am unconvinced everyone pushing me yesterday was town and mafia didn't take advantage of that. Although I suppose Galron basically deciding to AWOL throws off such assumptions.

Pedit: I thought done was town :good:
ngl I hope someone tries to accuse me today because I have a very good reason why I wouldn't be partnered with Galron and I wanna slam someone with it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 0, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Micro 1059 | Micro & Normal Stuff

Image this carrot has some vitamin C in it, and is single even though he doesn't want to be

Playerlist
1. Donempire
2. Datisi
3. Gamma Emerald
Aristeia

4. Ausuka
5. MegAzumarill
6. Xayah
7. Coral
8. Galron
Ph0enix

9. scamper

bold
are confirmed
* denotes prods

Spoiler: Living Players
Datisi
Gamma Emerald
Ausuka
MegAzumarill
Xayah
Coral
scamper

Spoiler: Eliminated Players
Galron (eliminated D1) was a
mafia goon

Donempire (eliminated N1) was a
town complex cop

Spoiler: Events
wow GE you're obvious scum tbh you are definitely partnered with Galron
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Ausuka »

also it's probably not strictly necessary for me to interject here but to save time, Datisi is saying scamper is competent scum and he doesn't think scamper was behaving in the way competent scum would making scamper town

I don't know if I agree with the assessment competent scum always try to use that argument opportunistically and never try and play reasonable and defuse it - I think especially that is kind of what scamper did with me and Marci last game to an extent
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

ftr my base inclination today is to yeet Claire but I'll wait for her to post stuff today before making that call
<Embrace The Void>

MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 953, MegAzumarill wrote:Xayah is my thought for partner atm. I feel like the 180 last minute feels like scum trying to catch the bus last minute.
The done kill is interesting, haven't considered the ramifications yet.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by Coral »

With Gamma and I preferring to vote there as well, that makes 4, so she should probably start talking sooner rather than later
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

btw for the NKA I recall I think Ausuka saying Galron!scum indicates Don!town so that feels like it is the reason why
<Embrace The Void>

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 945, Ausuka wrote:
In post 97, Coral wrote:Phoenix's persistence is slightly towny, I think. As scum he would probably recognize that he isn't really getting townread for his approach and may change tactics. I do agree that he sounds a little stiff, but that may just be a personality or writing style trait.
My instinct was like, coral is unlikely to do this to a partner? Because it just seems like such an obvious partner read and although I don't actually know who coral is I definitely get the vibes she is a deeply competent player
the thing is i think a competent player is more likely to do that tbh

in a 9p especially, losing a partner day 1 can lead to a mech loss from power roles and even if that doesnt happen a bunch of people will be cleared off the fliped scum. a competent seeing their teammate getting pressure early is more likely to play boldly and try to defuse the wagon with some defense

i also think independent of that the read still doesnt make much sense

i also got the feeling day 1 thsi was a game where town scream at each other and try to tear each others heads off for 30 pages (sorry about that) and then we decided to lim the scum who arent doing muh. that was galron and i feel like coral fits that as well, she just hasnt had much actual presence
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 952, Ausuka wrote:
In post 938, scamper wrote:see ausuka, your reads dont suck
You're just saying this to mitigate the massive wave of paranoia I am going to direct towards you :P
no i just felt bad cuz you were down on yourself after that game and i didnt think you were terrible, there was a lot of stuff outside your control and its not good to beat yourself up too much after a loss. and you really did have a good read on phoenix right away here!

paranoia away tho! i dont particularly think i should be cleared off anything i did toward phoenix/galron day 1, there are a lot of people who are significantly townier than me

i do have a reason im town but im not sure how convincing it will be, hopefully it doesnt matter
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 970, MegAzumarill wrote:Assume Scum!scamper for this.

Scamper would want to avoid a galron lim. (Wagon wasnt far but existed)
These posts would imply trying to do one of three things.
1. Trying to discredit Don.
2. Trying to apply momentum to a potential don wagon against galron.
3. Trying to set up don for a future miselim.
This would imply scamper thought don was mislimmable. Why then would they kill don? Doesn't make much sense.

Ergo scamper is probably town.
tbh i think youre way ahead of yourself here

even if scum!me thinks i can mislim don on day 1 i would realize hes very likely cleared off galron pushing him and he wouldnt be limmable in the future, plus id be needing to pr hunt rather than kill based on reads

i am town but i dont think this is, like, a good reason to tr me
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by scamper »

i think the points against xayah are fair-ish im just not sure phoenix makes her his first real push

and i want to note that coral kind of similarly had phoe/galron in poe-ish position but always higher than other people

but maybe i am reading too much into things. i'll see what xayah says.
not actually skitter.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 101, Xayah wrote:
In post 97, Coral wrote:Phoenix's persistence is slightly towny, I think. As scum he would probably recognize that he isn't really getting townread for his approach and may change tactics. I do agree that he sounds a little stiff, but that may just be a personality or writing style trait.
Do you think such a change would happen when we're only 100 posts in? The game is quite short right now so quickly changing your styles seems...unneeded. I think Phoenix is
fine
(now do they deserve the amount of TR's they have that's another topic) but I disagree with this being a reason to TR them
this is actually a bit of an odd post

and is as well
not actually skitter.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Coral »

:igmeou:

yes it is
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Coral »

Spoiler: again
In post 133, Coral wrote:I'd wagon Xayah. The misreps I go back and forth on, it seems like something that will easily get called out. But and felt weird to me. There's a very strange level of hedge in the way she expresses her read in those posts and it feels awkward.

In post 182, Coral wrote:
In post 167, Xayah wrote:What's wrong with hedge?
It's not that there's anything inherently wrong, but the manner in which you did it feels awkward. In one sentence you express 3 different opinions on Phoenix:
"I think Phoenix is fine (now do they deserve the amount of TR's they have that's another topic) but I disagree with this being a reason to TR them"
. It feels like you are defending Phoenix, while also scrutinizing reasons for TRing them, while also misreading the gamestate as overly townreading them, while also vaguely criticizing all of those TRs (which don't exist) without going into why.

In the second post:
Hm, alright I'm willing to go along with this read for now. I didn't really catch on how much Pho was becoming a common wolfread. But they're not really in my "I would vote today" tier anyway."
, you accept my townread, accept that they are being scumread more than you realized, and then for some reason feel the need to emphasize that you don't actually want to vote them?

It feels over-explained, I guess. Like you feel some need to make sure you have the right thoughts put out there on this slot even if they don't quite fit into the context of what's being discussed. My instinctive reaction is actually that it feels partnered, but I'm not really sure if I buy into that, so for now I'll just stick with thinking that it feels off.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by scamper »

tbf i had kind of gotten paranoid that was u setting up a target with preflips but maybe ur just that good
not actually skitter.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Coral »

If I were good then I wouldn't have gotten you off track with my post about Don :(

I was hoping we could wagon Xayah together after , but alas
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 989, scamper wrote:i think the points against xayah are fair-ish im just not sure phoenix makes her his first real push

and i want to note that coral kind of similarly had phoe/galron in poe-ish position but always higher than other people

but maybe i am reading too much into things. i'll see what xayah says.
I see where you're coming from here and this is a point in her favour - tbh overnight I was thinking it was more likely you than Xayah because of that - but also like... I think scum voting each other particularly early game is just not that rare actually and although Phoenix seems like uh, quite a by the book player as you say I'm just not sure it's wise to rule it out
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:04 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 967, Ausuka wrote:
In post 964, Datisi wrote:i feel like this would be valid if she also hadn't gone from "i have a strong townread on galron" to "nvm he's like second from the bottom tier" in the similar span.
I don't see why scum xayah changing one read would mean she couldn't decide to keep another constant? I also think it's a fairly required progression for her to have as either alignment because it's super weird to townread Galron when he clearly wasn't doing anything. I don't think that discredits the idea that she was looking to generally speaking not change course in the direction she was pushing.
i also think it's super weird to have me and you in her bottom tier, but i have a solid townread on you and i know my alignment so /shrug
In post 970, MegAzumarill wrote:This would imply scamper thought don was mislimmable. Why then would they kill don? Doesn't make much sense.
i don't think this is a good reason to townread scamper

i don't think scum always tries to achieve something with every single post they make. like i think a lot of scum sometimes just posts if they think it'll appear townie or whatever. and also gamestate changes with the galron flip. and ALSO we don't exactly know why don was killed (good reads, bad reads, pr hunting, etc) so this kinda argument overall feels like it's looking at only a few possibilities out of many and running with them
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:09 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 953, MegAzumarill wrote:Xayah is my thought for partner atm. I feel like the 180 last minute feels like scum trying to catch the bus last minute.
The done kill is interesting, haven't considered the ramifications yet.
Is it overthinking to call this towny? I mean I'm not sure scum meg plays exactly this way. Like, definitely I can see them townreading scamper, but it feels like they're placing more of an emphasis on towncasing scamper vs scumcasimg xayah, whereas I feel like it's more intuitive for scum to do it in reverse. Does that make sense?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:11 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 979, Gamma Emerald wrote:ngl I hope someone tries to accuse me today because I have a very good reason why I wouldn't be partnered with Galron and I wanna slam someone with it
ur scum
In post 981, Ausuka wrote:also it's probably not strictly necessary for me to interject here but to save time, Datisi is saying scamper is competent scum and he doesn't think scamper was behaving in the way competent scum would making scamper town

I don't know if I agree with the assessment competent scum always try to use that argument opportunistically and never try and play reasonable and defuse it - I think especially that is kind of what scamper did with me and Marci last game to an extent
yes, that is what i was trying to say

i have arguments for why this gamestate and the other gamestate are different enough that it is +town for scamper here, but i should probably actually re-familiarize myself with it first before playing devil's advocate
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:14 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 986, scamper wrote:
In post 945, Ausuka wrote:
My instinct was like, coral is unlikely to do this to a partner? Because it just seems like such an obvious partner read and although I don't actually know who coral is I definitely get the vibes she is a deeply competent player
the thing is i think a competent player is more likely to do that tbh

in a 9p especially, losing a partner day 1 can lead to a mech loss from power roles and even if that doesnt happen a bunch of people will be cleared off the fliped scum. a competent seeing their teammate getting pressure early is more likely to play boldly and try to defuse the wagon with some defense

i also think independent of that the read still doesnt make much sense

i also got the feeling day 1 thsi was a game where town scream at each other and try to tear each others heads off for 30 pages (sorry about that) and then we decided to lim the scum who arent doing muh. that was galron and i feel like coral fits that as well, she just hasnt had much actual presence
I felt like coral had a decent amount of presence, although I guess it's possible she was more so interacting with me?

Idk I don't know if I'm married to the argument I was making there I just don't feel like it's coral >.>
I guess like... I can buy that scum would townread phoenix there but I feel like coral would do something more like xayah, where they go for the hard townread, than do a waffly looking townlean which is like Classic Partner Read?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”