bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:28 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

risky vote, but I agree pressure needs to be applied.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Ythill »

Meh. We have to do
something
at this point. Waiting around for DR-scum to milk the clock is likely to cost us the game anyway. I will simply not abide by him returning at the last minute with game-relevant results to confuse us.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Tomorrow. Post.
I play the games rul gud.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

I'm gonna give DR til tomorrow, than I'm voting. I'm sick of waiting.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:23 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Does anyone who thinks DR is scum have some ideas for who his scumpartners are and why?
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:57 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Dead Rikimaru, Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:24 am wrote:I hate to make posts saying "I'm catching up and will post later", normally I just catch up and post, but yesterday I was reading the game and suddenly MS stopped loading for me for the rest of the day. Other sites, incluiding Grey Lab, were working fine.
I don't know if this happened just to me but later today (if everything goes well) I will finally "join" the game and the wait will be worth it.
So we have Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and today's now sunday, I'll give him most of today and I'm voting.

As for scum buddies, not sure, but Fhq is kinda in the lurking mode, and has yet to comment about DR not posting today.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Ythill »

Rash wrote:Does anyone who thinks DR is scum have some ideas for who his scumpartners are and why?
This question raises my hackles a little bit. Would you mind explaining why you asked?

I don't mind answering...

I try to avoid looking too deeply at the buddy evidence before a card has been flipped because basing one assumption on another is bad news. Rather, I look for scummy individual behavior and just see if there are major points against both being scum. In this regard, wolf is still obv; the only thing that makes me hesitate (about DR, not wolf), is the fact that they have claimed similar roles and the inclusion of
one
of those roles seems natural.

As for the third candidate, my first choice at this point would still be fhq but there are a couple of posts by Oman that seem to belie this notion. Using only the Oman/DR info, bionic looks like the most likely, because he gets a similar hands-off tretament from Oman (similar to wolf) but it really could be anyone, Oman is a good enough player to mix it up without being obvious.

Post #800 is interesting. In it, Oman addresses the which-nilla-is-scum question, basing his theories on a potenetial wolf-scum cardflip. He declares that I am town, and therefore finds that the most suspicious are fhq and Rash. Meanwhile he very subtly pushes a town read on bionic without mentioning it.

But, again, a lot of this is useless unless DR is confirmed scum.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Vote: DR

I gave you all day.

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

I think DR is scum...I'm not ready to vote him, because crywolf is nagging at me. At the very least he should claim results like wtf...
I play the games rul gud.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Ythill »

unvote

Don't want to be on a wagon with that girl, at least not until I'm ready to hang someone.

Mod: please prod Dead Rikimaru
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

Good unvote there. L-3 is OK. L-2 doesn't feel good right now.
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:21 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

crywolf20084 wrote: As for scum buddies, not sure, but Fhq is kinda in the lurking mode, and has yet to comment about DR not posting today.
Nice. I did say I was going to be V/LA.

Ok, I'm in two games now where the most suspicious players are lurking like crazy. DR isn't doing himself any favours. Also, he has been prodded and has responded, yet no content whatsoever. I feel pretty sure he's either playing terribly, or he's scum (same for crywolf really). I suppose this is the same point bionic was trying to make.

However, the Ythill's vote means 3 things. Scum didn't try to pile on and end the day, so either scum isn't paying attention, DR is scum, or scum is already on the wagon (i.e. Ythill). This makes the following statement
Ythill wrote: DR, if you are town, I have just handed you over to the mafia.
somewhat WIFOMy in my eyes. I have to say, I feel a bit uneasy that both Ythill and bionic are running the show at the moment in terms of determining who is scummy without being appropriately questioned about their motives. But I suppose that seeing as they are the only real other ones still actively participating in this game, that's not really going to happen.
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Ythill »

@ bionic: What's up with the cheerleading?
fhq wrote:Also, he has been prodded and has responded...
More than 72 hours have passed since that response.
fhq wrote: Scum didn't try to pile on and end the day, so either scum isn't paying attention, DR is scum, or scum is already on the wagon (i.e. Ythill). This makes the following statement
Ythill wrote:DR, if you are town, I have just handed you over to the mafia.
somewhat WIFOMy in my eyes.
You're wagging the dog here. The least likely of three scenarios that were revealed
after
I made a statement says nothing about my motives for making that statement. On top of that, your false conclusion is that my statement was WIFOM, which suggests that it was meant to be evidence but it was not. It was a threat.
fhq wrote:I feel a bit uneasy that both Ythill and bionic are running the show at the moment in terms of determining who is scummy without being appropriately questioned about their motives.
And here you're casting suspicion without cause. You are uneasy that we are actively playing this game? Or you are uneasy that others are not? The latter cannot be blamed on either of us. And I'm noting that you are one of the folks who is not appropriately questioning us about our motives.

Fhq's post reeks of someone who is trying to look busy.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:43 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Ythill wrote:@ bionic: What's up with the cheerleading?
It also serves to indicate I don't want somebody else bumping DR to L-2 right now. Nothing better for me to do in this game really. It passes the time while I wait for the 2 people critical to how we proceed. I could get into side a side debate with fhq who I still think is scummy, but it won't do anything for the game. I am voting for either DR or crywolf today and I am not going to get distracted while they lurk.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Ythill »

Thanks for the quick answer.

I don't know that it was scummy per se, but it's been a little creepy the way you agreed with my vote in #1075 and then lauded the unvote in #1085. Felt like buddying. But your explanation of the latter also makes sense.

I agree with your lynch subjects but want to add that we should try to get DR replaced today and just hang wolf. I've had nothing but bad luck with lynching absentees and I think it's best to force DR (or his replacement) to name his night target(s) before we hang him... more info for future deliberations.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:14 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Ythill wrote: I agree with your lynch subjects but want to add that we should try to get DR replaced today and just hang wolf. I've had nothing but bad luck with lynching absentees and I think it's best to force DR (or his replacement) to name his night target(s) before we hang him... more info for future deliberations.
I am not lynching anybody without night results from DR or a replacement. I honestly think if a replacement is called for, I would vote to abandon the game. The caveat to that would be if Oman was back in since I think he would be able to catch up quickly.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Ythill »

bionic wrote:I am not lynching anybody without night results from DR or a replacement.
If DR is scum, you are telling him how to win the game.
bionic wrote:I honestly think if a replacement is called for, I would vote to abandon the game.
I understand your ire, but fully disagree with your stated course. I've put a lot of time into trying to pull this game out of the toilet. Now, finally, it looks like it might turn around. I'm not going to let a lurker dissuade me.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:30 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Ythill wrote:
bionic wrote:I am not lynching anybody without night results from DR or a replacement.
If DR is scum, you are telling him how to win the game.
How? Maybe I should clarify that if he does show up and makes any form of posts without his night actions, I will vote him and wait for the day to end.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Ythill »

bionic wrote:How?
I'd rather not spell it out. If it's not obvious to you, it may not be to him. I'll explain when it's no longer relevant.

Bottom line is: we need to lynch today no matter what he does.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:21 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Ythill wrote: Bottom line is: we need to lynch today no matter what he does.
This combined with:
Ythill wrote: I agree with your lynch subjects but want to add that we should try to get DR replaced today and just hang wolf.
also gives a perfect recipe if wolf is town and DR is scum. If he is intentionally lurking to avoid any kind of heat, your comments here encourage that play (again if he is scum and wolf is town).

I can't see anyway we can execute any lynch without somebody (either DR or a replacement) making a post and contributing something.

To take a mathematical approach to it:

If DR is town (only reason not to lynch him), there are 3 other town and 3 mafia. This makes it impossible to lynch any mafia player and only possible to lynch a town player (bussing obviously excluded).

If DR is mafia, then we have 4 town players left who can execute any lynch of their choosing. If he is mafia and crywolf is town, he has forced our hand to the other top suspect (cry) simply by being absent.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Ythill »

I wrote:Either way, the scenario I see unfolding for tomorrow is that we will have the same number of suspects. However, we will have one less townie vote, meaning that all townies will have to agree on a lynch to make it happen.
I warned of your "mathematical approach" yesterday, citing it as evidence against the wisdom of a no lynch. Now you raise it to defend the idea that we should not lynch again, at LYLO, if a suspicious player lurks?

If DR is town, his absence is unintentional (which usually means unavoidable), and we need to replace to win. If he is scum, his absence could still be unintentional, or he could be forcing the vote to wolf, or counting on one lame townie for the no lynch, or waiting until the last minute to come in and tell us something ground-breaking in an attempt to force the no-lynch, or just being lazy because he thinks they have the game in the bag. Maybe he doesn't want to explain why he's not voting for his obv-scum buddy at LYLO. There's a lot of potential motives.

His actions-as-scum are not indicitive of wolf's alignment. Other factors are.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

Ythill wrote: I warned of your "mathematical approach" yesterday, citing it as evidence against the wisdom of a no lynch. Now you raise it to defend the idea that we should not lynch again, at LYLO, if a suspicious player lurks?
Where did you get this retarded idea? Where did I say I would nl at lylo? My original statement was meant to say I wasn't going to just lynch somebody else because DR isn't here (the I am not lynching anybody without results from DR) and I clarified that if he came back and posted something other than results, I would vote for him.

Every time I have any conversation with you that extends beyond 3 replies, I feel like banging my face into a wall since you jump to ridiculous conclusions. Maybe it is the lack of anything else going on in the game.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

bionicchop2 wrote: Every time I have any conversation with you that extends beyond 3 replies, I feel like banging my face into a wall since you jump to ridiculous conclusions. Maybe it is the lack of anything else going on in the game.
You didn't need to post this to let everyone else knwo this is the way you feel. It's pretty readable in every post.

And Ythill: I know you want me lynched and all, but I
cannot
believe someone who is pretty damn sure one person is scum, DR, would jump off just because his next suspect, me, gave a little bit more pressure under my terms.

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Ythill »

bionic wrote:Where did you get this retarded idea? Where did I say I would nl at lylo?
In #1090 bionic wrote:I am not lynching anybody without night results from DR or a replacement.
Your second explanation for what this statement means doesn't make sense to me. While you're banging your face into that wall, read the writing on it. Maybe I was wrong and you misspoke yourself, but I'm certainly not jumping to ridiculous conclusions.
wolf wrote:And Ythill: I know you want me lynched and all, but I cannot believe someone who is pretty damn sure one person is scum, DR, would jump off just because his next suspect, me, gave a little bit more pressure under my terms.
You think you're my
second
suspect? That's very, very funny.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Ythill »

EBWOP:
I wrote:Your second explanation...
"Your
belated
explanation..." is a more accurate way of saying it.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”