Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Just from what little I know about the series, really.
I would say that scum are Cylons, but maybe not all Cylons are scum, if that makes sense. We might have some rebel Cylons amongst us, or people like Tigh who know themselves to be Cylons but remain loyal to the survivors. There are, after all, two factions of Cylons by the Season 4 cliffhanger, so we have some Cylons from Cavil's faction, and some from Natalie's faction.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:39 am

Post by camn »

Where do you think D'Anna falls?
Is she the new leader of the Natalie faction?

Cavils faction is obv anti-human, and D'Anna was boxed by Cavil and later killed him, right? So she is against them.

HOWEVER, she kidnapped Roslin.. also a anti-human move, to get access to the five.

BUT they made up in the end... so is D'Anna pro-human?

I might have to watch the last episode again.....
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

One theory of mine is that the whole distrust between humans and cylons is a red herring to distract us. We already have 5 cylon claims and 5 non-cylon claims; clearly no single group can be entirely scum. We've had some useful info from this, but let's not forget to scumhunt too; I highly doubt des would make a game that could be easily broken by just assessing claims.

@Rishi, how can you say Flask was being evasive? We came forward of our own accord.

(Patrick)
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:00 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:One theory of mine is that the whole distrust between humans and cylons is a red herring to distract us. We already have 5 cylon claims and 5 non-cylon claims; clearly no single group can be entirely scum. We've had some useful info from this, but let's not forget to scumhunt too; I highly doubt des would make a game that could be easily broken by just assessing claims.
I agree with this, but honestly at this point camn's refusal to claim whether or not she's a cylon leads me to believe something's up. That plus KE's general scumminess before dropping out lead me to
Vote: camn
for now.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:03 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Also, we have one week before deadline. Let's use it. (I.e. Start posting, people!)
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That's a good point. Um...I'll attempt to get a reread done and up by monday, but I'm not sure where I'll fall, especially since I'm biased now :S.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Hmmm, Grimmy's posting elsewhere on the board. He seems to be in a lot of games, and he may be prioritizing where he posts, he complained about RL issues in another thread. Worth an
FoS

Vote: Anderson
. He seems to be posting just enough to stay off the radar, haven't seen much scum hunting. He seems to get out of the way when there's a skirmish. Need to do a proper re-read on the guy.

Hi KoC.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

EBWOP:

Just to be clear,
FoS: Grimmy
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

iamausername (2)
- andersonw, Knight of Cydonia
Farkshinsoup (1)
- camn
Elmo (1)
- forbiddanlight
MacavityLock (2)
- Tarhalindur, Flask of Pestilence
Grimmy (2)
- Rishi, iamausername
camn (1)
- MacavityLock
andersonw (1)
- Farkshinsoup

Not voting (2) - Grimmy, Elmo

Seven
votes to lynch.
Last edited by destructor on Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Mod
, I'm definitely not voting Awesome Pants. I'm voting camn, who replaced KE. Not KoC, who replaced AP.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by destructor »

The last vote count had some errors that I've fixed now.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by camn »

OK.. I am mostly caught up.
Tarhalindur wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:K, I'm a cylon affiliated with the cylons. Do you want a name? I have no idea if I'm town, scum ,or what, just that I don't know anyone elses alignment, and I couldn't really glean much from the wiki. I have no abilities. Thanks.
Name claim, please.
Why FL, and none of the other non-nameclaims??
Why does Tar demand a nameclaim here, and here only?

This slightly bothers me.
But this whole massclaim thing has bothered me.

But I guess I have to play.
To the best of my knowledge, I am not a cylon.

FOS: ELMO
for engineering this massclaim thing so early. I think it tells us much less than we think. . . and gives the scum a lot of targets.
Hopefully it will work out.

And for Clarity.. I
don't
want nameclaims from ANYONE. but It is curious that Tar demanded a nameclaim from FL... and not from any of the others.

Oh. and
UNVOTE: fark
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why FL, and none of the other non-nameclaims??
Why does Tar demand a nameclaim here, and here only?
I was the lynch candidate and that was my L- two days to deadline claim.

I realize I shouldn't answer for him but that basically is common knowledge.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by camn »

Ah, thank you.
It is hard for me to try and keep track of the temporal events when jumping in... especially with these changing deadlines.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ah, thank you.
It is hard for me to try and keep track of the temporal events when jumping in... especially with these changing deadlines.
Understandable. I figured that might have been your trouble.
-StrangerCoug

andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by andersonw »

MacavityLock wrote:andersonw - Your vote is still on username, back from the random stage. Please explain this.
andersonw wrote:Also, I generally don't unvote unless if I think someone else is scummy enough for them to deserve a vote (or if s/he is close to being lynched and I want more discussion).
And IAAUS is not close to being lynched (I might unvote when it gets closer to deadline though).

On the claims: I am also slightly inclined to believe FL's claim, since we have already established that there are some cylons in this game. I also agree with FoP that we shouldn't completely base our suspicions on whether someone is a cylon or not.
Farkshinsoup wrote:Vote: Anderson. He seems to be posting just enough to stay off the radar, haven't seen much scum hunting. He seems to get out of the way when there's a skirmish. Need to do a proper re-read on the guy.
Interesting. I understand why you would think I haven't been posting that much, but I disagree with the "get out of the way" comment. I don't think I've been involved in any skirmishes this game, and if I'm not even involved in a skirmish, how would I get away from it? Could you provide an example?

@Elmo: Sorry, didn't see that. I'll have to think about those questions.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by Elmo »

camn wrote:
FOS: ELMO
for engineering this massclaim thing so early. I think it tells us much less than we think. . . and gives the scum a lot of targets.
Hopefully it will work out.
Um. Tar and FL were going to be lynched, which is why they full-claimed. No-one apart from them has claimed. We haven't massclaimed. No-one wants to massclaim right now. All we have done is claim
races
, which we need to know. Why do you say it gives the scum targets?
MacavityLock wrote:camn's refusal to claim whether or not she's a cylon leads me to believe something's up. That plus KE's general scumminess before dropping out
Please elaborate on both points. I don't like this post.

I am really struggling to give a shit, but I will reread nonetheless.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by camn »

Elmo wrote:No-one wants to massclaim right now. All we have done is claim
races
, which we need to know. Why do you say it gives the scum targets?
Look. This requires a lot of speculation.. but the short form is this.

The scum know a lot of things we don't. They know who they are, and who we are. What if the races are a tip off as to who the Power roles are? I have no idea if this is true, but I ALSO don't see how "knowing" everyone's race helps us at ALL at this point.
Speaking of that... how does it help the town? You say we "need to know" but I think I missed the
why
of that. . .

I might feel better about it day 2, since we will at hopefully have
some
indication as to who is killing who... but for now it seems like the scum get more out of this than the town.
I don't play a lot of theme games, so maybe it's normal to have a Day-1 pseudoclaim. . . . .it just makes me nervous.

That is all.
BUT.. it is done now, so I will try not to think about it anymore.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

MacavityLock wrote:andersonw - Your vote is still on username, back from the random stage. Please explain this.
andersonw wrote:Also, I generally don't unvote unless if I think someone else is scummy enough for them to deserve a vote (or if s/he is close to being lynched and I want more discussion).
I may have missed this, sorry. A note: However unlikely this is to be an issue at deadline, username is the current lynch target if the day were to end now. I find that very strange, given how there's been basically no case made against him.
Elmo wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:camn's refusal to claim whether or not she's a cylon leads me to believe something's up. That plus KE's general scumminess before dropping out
Please elaborate on both points. I don't like this post.
camn's post 451 indicated that a) she had read up through the most recent posts, b) decided not to tell us whether she had a cylon role or not, and c) completely ignored the whole cylon-claim issue in her post. Elmo, both you and I had requested quite specifically that she cylon-claim, and she never even mentioned it. I don't know what specifically that indicates, but it felt like something weird was going on to me, and kind of still does. Grimmy still owes a cylon claim too, and if he posts again without talking about it, I'll be worried about him too.

As for KE's scumminess, a lot of it might come down to playstyle, but he pretty much refused to help the town during his stay here. username's point about the fact that KE lurked his way out of getting votes is a good one. Remember, my vote had been on KE for most of the day before I unvoted. That doesn't mean that I don't think there was some scumminess there.
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

MacavityLock wrote:As for KE's scumminess, a lot of it might come down to playstyle, but he pretty much refused to help the town during his stay here. username's point about the fact that KE lurked his way out of getting votes is a good one. Remember, my vote had been on KE for most of the day before I unvoted. That doesn't mean that I don't think there was some scumminess there.
I find the vote slightly strange as well despite the fact that your vote had been there on KingEnigma for the greater portion of today.

Tarhalindur has already claimed to be some sort of a Daytime Gunsmith who has chosen to investigate KingEnigma (now camn) with his first investigation choice. You pretty clearly stated that you pretty much believe Tarhalindur's claim. Why would you still push for camn's lynch now when Tarhalindur has already claimed that he should be receiving the results of his daytime investigation choice tonight? Granted, if Tar's telling the truth there's no guarantee he'll survive the night but still, I don't see why you'd still push for a camn-lynch at this current time.

My personal opinion of KingEnigma: I've actually meta-gamed him and his play here was actually fairly consistent to his play in Erg0's Mallrats Mafia game where he was D1 mislynched for practically the same reasoning that people gave to be voting him here. I didn't get a chance to look into his scum games to see how that compares to his town play but yeah, just putting that out there.

- Incog
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by Elmo »

forbiddanlight wrote:K, I'm a cylon affiliated with the cylons. Do you want a name?
I have no idea if I'm town, scum, or what
, just that I don't know anyone elses alignment
This is why the cylons need to know. Certainly at least one cylon appears to have believed they were nominally scum, which would obviously hurt our scumhunting. The humans need to know because it's natural to assume cylons = scum. Specifically, if I had seen "FL was lynched, she was a cylon", I would have thought she was definitely scum. It should be evident why I need to know that is not necessarily the case.

I strongly suspect that revealing race does not leak any information that would harm the town. I am not willing to go into this further at present.

Why do you say it gives the scum targets, camn? What do you mean by that?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:As for KE's scumminess, a lot of it might come down to playstyle, but he pretty much refused to help the town during his stay here. username's point about the fact that KE lurked his way out of getting votes is a good one. Remember, my vote had been on KE for most of the day before I unvoted. That doesn't mean that I don't think there was some scumminess there.
I find the vote slightly strange as well despite the fact that your vote had been there on KingEnigma for the greater portion of today.

Tarhalindur has already claimed to be some sort of a Daytime Gunsmith who has chosen to investigate KingEnigma (now camn) with his first investigation choice. You pretty clearly stated that you pretty much believe Tarhalindur's claim. Why would you still push for camn's lynch now when Tarhalindur has already claimed that he should be receiving the results of his daytime investigation choice tonight? Granted, if Tar's telling the truth there's no guarantee he'll survive the night but still, I don't see why you'd still push for a camn-lynch at this current time.

My personal opinion of KingEnigma: I've actually meta-gamed him and his play here was actually fairly consistent to his play in Erg0's Mallrats Mafia game where he was D1 mislynched for practically the same reasoning that people gave to be voting him here. I didn't get a chance to look into his scum games to see how that compares to his town play but yeah, just putting that out there.

- Incog
camn now has a single vote. I'm not particularly "pushing for a lynch" here. I wanted to see her reaction. If she still refused to cylon-claim, I would have had a huge problem with it. The fact that she did end up claiming I see as a good sign. I was considering unvoting in my previous post, but given the single vote on her, I decided against it for now. If I have time, I'll take a look at Mallrats, but I do understand the whole "this is KE's meta" argument.

As for the thing with Tar, I had not assumed that his investigation is locked in on KE.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by camn »

Elmo wrote: I strongly suspect that revealing race does not leak any information that would harm the town. I am not willing to go into this further at present.

Why do you say it gives the scum targets, camn? What do you mean by that?
I think I addressed this lightly in 467.. and it is pure speculation at this point anyway. In my head, I can see setups that may or may not exist where race-claiming could be hurting us. But there really is no discussion here, because it's done. I don't think it SHOULD have been done, but it is.

Oh.. and it is very hard for me to get my head around the idea that there could be scum that don't
know
they are scum! (470)

Now for bed!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

so we have some Cylons from Cavil's faction, and some from Natalie's faction.
Jeez, how loudly do I have to breadcrumb things? Surprised no-one picked up more on the fact that I said there were definitely two Cylon groups. I'll put it out there for the idiots.
I'm a Cylon Centurion who has had the telechepalic inhibitor removed, and I'm allied with the Cylons. In my role PM it states that I aim for the peaceful unification of Cylon and Human by discovery of the Final Five, and that I can check one Cylon's make and model during the game.

And for this reason - I want all other Cylons to claim make and model. NOW. Because, If I'm affiliated to a Cylon group that wants to join up with the humans, and I can check make and model, that means we have anti-town and pro-town (like myself) Cylons.
ALL CYLONS, CLAIM MAKE AND MODEL NOW. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL BE INTERPRETED AS A MAJOR SCUMTELL.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Interpreted by you, maybe. But since I've already said I'm a cylon, I see no harm in this. I'm a number 2 (no toilet jokes please). For those of you keeping track, that's Leoben, the whackadoo who imprisoned Starbuck on New Caprica and who thinks she's got a destiny. I was never given a name by the mod, just a model number, but thanks to wikipedia, I figured it out.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”