Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 323, Bellaphant wrote:Happy to vote divulge now?
I personally think it’s a great mechanic because unlike a lim, only mafia would freak out at the possibility. People often sr people’s reactions to getting voted up but that’s often nai, not so with divulge. No townie should have a problem with that.

~N
Hydra of Andante and Nancy Drew 39
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:26 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 283, Fun Times wrote:but whatever, divulge Enchant if yall want town, divulge RR if you want a scum. (I'm letting Nancy have the votes)

Also, I think RCE is town, they had some early posts I liked "Are players nominated for a pr roll during the day or is it a night phase thing? Like a secret ballot?" that was a good post, like, I do not see scum going "do we get PRs during the day or night"

and yeah, that's roughly where I'm at.

-Andante
In post 293, Taly wrote:
In post 287, Fun Times wrote:
In post 282, Taly wrote:I don't like andante's posts do far but I feel like nancy would be trying to pocket me as scum and that's the opposite effect she's having on me. Plus I'm weary of the sincerity behind the people townreading them. The townreads came at a time where I was skeptical of their slot. So that implies a wolf in that pool, TMI'ing this slot.
Net read: townlean.
What is this? like, you don't like my posts? I think there were like 2 or 3. 1 I thought you were freaking scummy cause I asked "Are we voting for 1 person or 2 people" and you gave this giant essay that just didn't answer my question, and felt a lot like just repeating how it was explained to you in scum chat, thus I asked again "1 or 2" and then Galron yelled at me for calling him maf, like, what is there to "not like" about my posts? I told yall I wasn't gonna be around yesterday, Nancy wanted help understanding this setup, I jumped in, got the clarification, looked at some ISOs, and called it a day. I really don't see what was there to "not like" can I get the specific posts of mine you initially hated?

-Andante
This post is a good example of my grievance.

You make it seem like there's an expectation that I must like your posts. You also changed the wording of my feelings from "dislike" to "hate". Words like "freaking" and "yelled" are escalating vocabulary. This post could have been a THIRD of its original size and conveyed the same question.

IE, you're coming off waaay too intense for me and I don't know what I did to warrant this.
In post 262, RCEnigma wrote:I’d probably divulge within PP(hard read for me), Galron (Saw some uncharacteristic overcompensating on skim through), frog (I think I saw some iffy posting but idr)
I have a 2nd scumread which I don't feel compelled to out yet. I feel reasonably certain I know what I'm doing in this game as far as dayplay is concerned and I can hand you two scum. If Roden is divulged as Town (which I don't think will happen) then it will prove that I'm wrong. I'm still sitting on Galron, Fun, Radical Rat and Bella as Town.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:36 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 323, Bellaphant wrote:Happy to vote divulge now?
why - you wanna be n_m?
<(") | (")>
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Taly »

In post 302, Galron wrote:Andante is pissing me off. I can't tell if she's maf or jut conf biasing. I don't have a read on Nancy. Hence I'm stuck.
In post 303, Galron wrote:I don't think I have any town reads. Maybe enchant.
Good time to reasses. Do you think I gained a thing with my "white knight"?
In post 308, Greeting wrote:
In post 282, Taly wrote:galron/kitty/Enchant are townreads
Okay, but why is
Galron
a townread?
No groundbreaking season tbh. I'm just familiar with them. I don't think they'd be so easily stung by
Andante
or very cautious of my defense if they were scum. Bad position for scum to go. Equally bad look to have no townreads and openly state that.

So I think he is sincere, and likely just town.
In post 310, Fun Times wrote:
In post 308, Greeting wrote:
In post 282, Taly wrote:galron/kitty/Enchant are townreads
Okay, but why is
Galron
a townread?
I’d also like to know why Kitty is?

Because they voted for you?

@Taly

~N
Honestly yeah I'm a little pocketed.

But when
Frogs
asked for
Kitty
to explain and she just gave a tonal reason... like... I think that's less usual for scum to fake?

You'd think scum would have a better worded reason.

And certainly odd for scum to heal me, a town that is "power-hungry."

Enough to make me turn my beak.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Taly »

In post 311, Roden wrote:
In post 282, Taly wrote:low effort reads

frogs/roden
is not T/T, 1v1 felt forced, individually skeptical of both of their intros.

galron/kitty/Enchant
are townreads

I don't like
andante's
posts do far but I feel like
nancy
would be trying to pocket me as scum and that's the opposite effect she's having on me. Plus I'm weary of the sincerity behind the people townreading them. The townreads came at a time where I was skeptical of their slot. So that implies a wolf in that pool, TMI'ing this slot.

Bella's
posting is inoffensive, not enough data for it to be AI.

RR
? Not a fond emotional imprint when I skimmed their posts yesterday. But I'm biased because they sus'd me. Still felt weird.

Pedit

PP
is fine ig
I think Taly red flip just means Frog is town here. FMPOV there is no 1v1 between me and Frog, like yeah Frog wanted a 24 hour quick hammer but that's just how the guy plays. I feel line this post is trying to cheer lead Frog and I into continuing to argue with each other without picking a side.

VOTE: Divulge Taly
What a defensive reaction. ;) Must have hit a nerve.

So what will happen when I flip green? You return to bussing
Frogs
?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Taly »

In post 326, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 283, Fun Times wrote:but whatever, divulge Enchant if yall want town, divulge RR if you want a scum. (I'm letting Nancy have the votes)

Also, I think RCE is town, they had some early posts I liked "Are players nominated for a pr roll during the day or is it a night phase thing? Like a secret ballot?" that was a good post, like, I do not see scum going "do we get PRs during the day or night"

and yeah, that's roughly where I'm at.

-Andante
In post 293, Taly wrote:
In post 287, Fun Times wrote:
In post 282, Taly wrote:I don't like andante's posts do far but I feel like nancy would be trying to pocket me as scum and that's the opposite effect she's having on me. Plus I'm weary of the sincerity behind the people townreading them. The townreads came at a time where I was skeptical of their slot. So that implies a wolf in that pool, TMI'ing this slot.
What is this? like, you don't like my posts? I think there were like 2 or 3. 1 I thought you were freaking scummy cause I asked "Are we voting for 1 person or 2 people" and you gave this giant essay that just didn't answer my question, and felt a lot like just repeating how it was explained to you in scum chat, thus I asked again "1 or 2" and then Galron yelled at me for calling him maf, like, what is there to "not like" about my posts? I told yall I wasn't gonna be around yesterday, Nancy wanted help understanding this setup, I jumped in, got the clarification, looked at some ISOs, and called it a day. I really don't see what was there to "not like" can I get the specific posts of mine you initially hated?

-Andante
This post is a good example of my grievance.

You make it seem like there's an expectation that I must like your posts. You also changed the wording of my feelings from "dislike" to "hate". Words like "freaking" and "yelled" are escalating vocabulary. This post could have been a THIRD of its original size and conveyed the same question.

IE, you're coming off waaay too intense for me and I don't know what I did to warrant this.
In post 262, RCEnigma wrote:I’d probably divulge within PP(hard read for me), Galron (Saw some uncharacteristic overcompensating on skim through), frog (I think I saw some iffy posting but idr)
I have a 2nd scumread which I don't feel compelled to out yet. I feel reasonably certain I know what I'm doing in this game as far as dayplay is concerned and I can hand you two scum. If Roden is divulged as Town (which I don't think will happen) then it will prove that I'm wrong. I'm still sitting on Galron, Fun, Radical Rat and Bella as Town.
What do you have to lose by withholding a read... yet elude to it?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 330, Taly wrote:What do you have to lose by withholding a read... yet elude to it?
Nothing!
In post 328, Taly wrote:But when Frogs asked for Kitty to explain and she just gave a tonal reason... like... I think that's less usual for scum to fake?

I agree with this take (usually), and I still want Kitty to explain their read the best they can. It's a part of the game.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:19 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Hmm, add kitty to my would divulge list. I don’t think frog is a partner of kitty flips red.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 317, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 273, Greeting wrote:
In post 261, RCEnigma wrote:I only townread Bella and greeting.
Why?

I have a few early townreads already but
Bellaphant
isn't one of them. I'm not sure what's so towny about me either.
Think Bella’s first 2 posts are too bold to come from Bella!scum. I’m reading you town for self nominating. Literally offering yourself up as a nk is probably not a scum move. Plus as scum you would know you won’t be a night target and waking up as an untouched pr looks suspicious.
Fair enough, I guess.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 328, Taly wrote:No groundbreaking season tbh. I'm just familiar with them. I don't think they'd be so easily stung by Andante or very cautious of my defense if they were scum. Bad position for scum to go. Equally bad look to have no townreads and openly state that.

I have been reading this thread back and forth and I must say that I'm very surprised at this assessment. I have played several times with
Galron
before and I have never seen him so restless. Almost like he's had someone make him a much stronger coffee than usual. I am surprised, to say the least, that no one is even mentioning it.

I mean, would the
Galron
I know get so riled up over being referred to as "this"? () Especially since the post where
Andante
of
Fun Times
referred to the feel of the post itself, rather than aiming at dehumanising
Galron
? ()

And like... what on Earth is this post?
In post 57, Galron wrote:Taly acknowledge me please!!!
Normally, I just see
Galron
sitting in the shadows and poking out from time to time with contributions. And his playstyle has changed dramatically since... March?

VOTE: Galron
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 331, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 330, Taly wrote:What do you have to lose by withholding a read... yet elude to it?
Nothing!
Exactly what I thought. So what don't want you want to lose, because you won't say the read?
In post 328, Taly wrote:But when Frogs asked for Kitty to explain and she just gave a tonal reason... like... I think that's less usual for scum to fake?

I agree with this take (usually), and I still want Kitty to explain their read the best they can. It's a part of the game.
I'm surprised you're more interested in
Kitty
explaining their townread on me more so than I believe you and
Roden
are likely S/S.
In post 332, RCEnigma wrote:Hmm, add kitty to my would divulge list. I don’t think frog is a partner of kitty flips red.
What logic is this?

It's so similar to
Roden
saying
"Taly!scum = Frogs!town, so divulge the first!"

Why does someone else's slot depend on another player? It feels like an excuse and it's a very easy statement to backtrack on if it's proven wrong.
In post 334, Greeting wrote:
In post 328, Taly wrote:No groundbreaking season tbh. I'm just familiar with them. I don't think they'd be so easily stung by Andante or very cautious of my defense if they were scum. Bad position for scum to go. Equally bad look to have no townreads and openly state that.

I have been reading this thread back and forth and I must say that I'm very surprised at this assessment. I have played several times with
Galron
before and I have never seen him so restless. Almost like he's had someone make him a much stronger coffee than usual. I am surprised, to say the least, that no one is even mentioning it.

I mean, would the
Galron
I know get so riled up over being referred to as "this"? () Especially since the post where
Andante
of
Fun Times
Galron
? ()

Normally, I just see
Galron
sitting in the shadows and poking out from time to time with contributions. And his playstyle has changed dramatically since... March?

each baddy to their own ig, but i do want
gal's
reply to this.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 335, Taly wrote:
Nothing!
Exactly what I thought. So what don't want you want to lose, because you won't say the read?

I'm surprised you're more interested in
Kitty
explaining their townread on me more so than I believe you and
Roden
are likely S/S.
In post 332, RCEnigma wrote:Hmm, add kitty to my would divulge list. I don’t think frog is a partner of kitty flips red.
What logic is this?

It's so similar to
Roden
saying
"Taly!scum = Frogs!town, so divulge the first!"

Why does someone else's slot depend on another player? It feels like an excuse and it's a very easy statement to backtrack on if it's proven wrong.

Galron

I mean, would the
Galron
Andante
of
Fun Times
Galron
? ()

Normally, I just see
Galron

each baddy to their own ig, but i do want
gal's
reply to this.
To me Kitty lacking depths in reads is scum indicative and it’s probably not something galron!scum draws attention to if they are partners with kitty.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Galron »

Galron

I mean, would the
Galron
Andante
of
Fun Times
Galron
? ()

Normally, I just see
Galron

You've identified an anomaly, and you voted presumably because of it. But you haven't said what's scummy about it. You haven't even said whether you've seen scum me or town me not play the way I'm playing this game. You've compared my style to what exactly? What is scummy about playing differently? Why don't you unpack that for us.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Greeting, do you think the change observed in Galron's behavior is best explained by Galron being scum?

PEdit:

@Taly

I'll wait until Roden gets run down first so I can give the 2nd player more time away from the spotlight.

You're right I'm more interested in Kitty trying to explain their tonal read than why you think me and Roden are S/S. I'm assuming you have a tendency to scum read things you don't understand and I think that's boring, the opposite of interesting. Feel free to explain why you think Roden and I are S/S if you want, if you take the time to write it out I will at the very least read it and try to keep an open mind, but be warned I will be honest and tell you if I think it boils down to "I don't understand therefore I think it's scum."
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 336, RCEnigma wrote:To me Kitty lacking depths in reads is scum indicative and it’s probably not something galron!scum draws attention to if they are partners with kitty.
Wtf is this? Why are you trying to tie me to kitty? No one has even hinted at something so ludicrous I guess and here you are looking like you're trying to plant a seed that will produce what exactly? Show me where anyone has compared me with kitty. Explain why you're using galron and kitty in the same sentence.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 339, Galron wrote:
In post 336, RCEnigma wrote:To me Kitty lacking depths in reads is scum indicative and it’s probably not something galron!scum draws attention to if they are partners with kitty.
Wtf is this? Why are you trying to tie me to kitty? No one has even hinted at something so ludicrous I guess and here you are looking like you're trying to plant a seed that will produce what exactly? Show me where anyone has compared me with kitty. Explain why you're using galron and kitty in the same sentence.
This is a fair assessment.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 338, Frogsterking wrote:Greeting, do you think the change observed in Galron's behavior is best explained by Galron being scum?
This is also a good question
@Puppets
with regards to Taly.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 341, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 338, Frogsterking wrote:Greeting, do you think the change observed in Galron's behavior is best explained by Galron being scum?
This is also a good question
@Puppets
with regards to Taly.
To Nancy specifically.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by Roden »

Yeah Frog I don't think I'm gonna get run up just because you demand it after blatantly taking my posts out of context

Instead of trying to bully everyone into doing what you say and ignoring reality, maybe you could treat us like human beings and respect me enough to not constantly scream how I'm scum because of something you made up in your head

Otherwise I'm not gonna be interacting with you anymore this game
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by Taly »

galron
, eat a snickers, they're really good, i am eating one right now

frogs
, it's convenient for you to suggest that I scumread things that I do not understand when you aren't forthcoming about your intentions.

, you want to dayvig a player and yet you don't vote divulgence?
you clearly have a scumread, but don't want to do a thing about it.

and the fact that you're willing to bargain your confidence in reads to campaign for departure rather than a plan to prohibit mislims is bewildering.
you're
so confident, that if you are wrong, you can be NKed tomorrow
... sounds more like you're interested in asserting your agenda for who wants to be eliminated, and then proceed to give yourself a chance for defense later. asking for apology, not permission.

didnt i make a post challenging you, on why departure wasn't optimal,
frogs
?

roden
pivoting off of you in favor to target me only sells the idea of you guys being S/S.
why would scum want to divulge their own players? that's literal gamethrowing.

your posts are disingenuous and the only reason i can surmise that you're insulting my intelligence by assuming why ive come to the conclusions that i have is thoughtless, is because you don't want a dissenting opinion in the thread. it's just to shut me up.

put your money where your mouth is and vote
roden
or me, since you seem well-aware that im not a popular townread in this game. probably influenced why you have such a poor disposition to my POV.

greetings, VOTE: are for departure/divulgence, HEAL: are for powers

pedit

Roden wrote:Yeah Frog I don't think I'm gonna get run up just because you demand it after blatantly taking my posts out of context

Instead of trying to bully everyone into doing what you say and ignoring reality, maybe you could treat us like human beings and respect me enough to not constantly scream how I'm scum because of something you made up in your head

Otherwise I'm not gonna be interacting with you anymore this game
im pretty good at preventing myself from confbiasing

join the
frogs!divulgence
wagon, we got cookies.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Sorry I'm going to dodge this clash, I don't think it will help the thread. It sounds like you (Roden) think I'm Town so I prefer if you find someone to push other than myself.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Taly »

oh don't worry
frogs
roden's
more interested in me...
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 344, Taly wrote:231, you want to dayvig a player and yet you don't vote divulgence?
I stopped reading here. Look in my iso, I've asked multiple players to vote for Roden. Even if you missed that I'm clearly advocating for Roden to be killed rather than doing nothing about my scumread on him. This is starting to look like an irrational tunnel from a Townie who doesn't understand my Townplay.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Taly »

oh the votes confused me, i think you did vote
roden

hmmm

pedit

Frogsterking wrote:
In post 344, Taly wrote:231, you want to dayvig a player and yet you don't vote divulgence?
I stopped reading here. Look in my iso, I've asked multiple players to vote for Roden. Even if you missed that I'm clearly advocating for Roden to be killed rather than doing nothing about my scumread on him. This is starting to look like an irrational tunnel from a Townie who doesn't understand my Townplay.
please stop talking down to me.

ill revisit the thread later.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 348, Taly wrote:oh the votes confused me, i think you did vote
roden

hmmm

pedit

Frogsterking wrote:
please stop talking down to me.

ill revisit the thread later.
I'm talking down to the play (your push on me) not the player (you.) In fact I think you seem like you might be a good player, your read on my slot isn't good though. I'm also hoping to hear back from Nancy about their read on you because I think you're arguing with me like a Townie would here.

Return to “Completed Open Games”