SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:35 am

Post by SensFan »

Electra wrote:Every night I submit a name and I get told if the person I submitted is the same alignment as the last person I submitted. The first night I get told that it's not the same, but since I don't have a submission before that, it's meaningless.

Night 1: Sens
Night 2: Seraphim - not same
Not liking this claim. Seems like a VERY weird mechanic, and your claims targets are poor choices. Well, then first one is, anyways.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Electra »

I can't target myself.

@ Sens - Obviously it's a weird mechanic, are you surprised considering the game? You just don't like me. Why is the first target a poor choice? I chose you because I thought you were likely to be town and therefore a good base point for investigations.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by SensFan »

Electra wrote:I can't target myself.

@ Sens - Obviously it's a weird mechanic, are you surprised considering the game? You just don't like me. Why is the first target a poor choice? I chose you because I thought you were likely to be town and therefore a good base point for investigations.
I find it very weird and useless. I also am finding it incredibly likely that you are Scum looking to grab 2 mislynches.

Oh, and way to answer to my request for the EXACT mechanics, then when others point out the lack of logic behind your choices, add another restriction...
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Electra »

SensFan wrote:
Electra wrote:I can't target myself.

I find it very weird and useless. I also am finding it incredibly likely that you are Scum looking to grab 2 mislynches.

Oh, and way to answer to my request for the EXACT mechanics, then when others point out the lack of logic behind your choices, add another restriction...
You don't think the doc was very weird and useless and too? And the role that was "pretty much useless"?

Two mislynches?

In other words, you think Seraphim is town now? This doesn't make any sense to me. The only way you would know this is if you were scum and didn't want a lynch of Seraphim turning up town to equal a lynch for you the next day.

Also, I should think it's pretty obvious that I wouldn't be able to target myself. What roles can target themselves?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Caboose »

Sens wrote:Seems like a VERY weird mechanic
Given the roles that we've seen already, why are you surprised by this?
Sens wrote:and your claims targets are poor choices.
Why, just because she targeted you?
Sens wrote:I also am finding it incredibly likely that you are Scum looking to grab 2 mislynches.
The same thing could be said about you, Sens. You could get Electra lynched today and then if she flips cop, get Sera lynched tomorrow.

I don't like the way you crap all over Electra's supposed use of her supposed night action, Sens.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hmm...wanna revise your opinion on Sens, Electra? I normally wouldn't believe you, but given the flips so far, it's very plausible. Not liking Sens' reaction.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Caboose »

forbiddanlight wrote:Hmm...wanna revise your opinion on Sens, Electra? I normally wouldn't believe you, but given the flips so far, it's very plausible.
Not liking Sens' reaction
I'm not either.

Vote: SensFan
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Still want Seraphim's response though.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by SensFan »

Caboose wrote:

[...]

I don't like the way you crap all over Electra's supposed use of her supposed night action, Sens.
I'm pretty sure I explained very clearly why I called her choice poor, actually, but nice misrep. I asked her to explain the EXACT mechanics of her role, and only after people questionned her choice (of which I was not the first to do, by the way) did she mention that she couldn't self-target.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Caboose »

SensFan wrote:I'm pretty sure I explained very clearly why I called her choice poor, actually, but nice misrep.
Really?
Sens wrote:Not liking this claim. Seems like a VERY weird mechanic, and your claims targets are poor choices. Well, then first one is, anyways.
Sens wrote:I find it very weird and useless. I also am finding it incredibly likely that you are Scum looking to grab 2 mislynches.

I don't see where you explain how Electra's choice is poor
anywhere
. Also, I don't see what I misrepresented.
Sens wrote:I asked her to explain the EXACT mechanics of her role, and only after people questionned her choice (of which I was not the first to do, by the way) did she mention that she couldn't self-target.
So, the fact that she left out a detail the first time she explained it makes you "not like" the roleclaim?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by SensFan »

Caboose wrote:
SensFan wrote:I'm pretty sure I explained very clearly why I called her choice poor, actually, but nice misrep.
Really?
Sens wrote:Not liking this claim. Seems like a VERY weird mechanic, and your claims targets are poor choices. Well, then first one is, anyways.
Sens wrote:I find it very weird and useless. I also am finding it incredibly likely that you are Scum looking to grab 2 mislynches.

I don't see where you explain how Electra's choice is poor
anywhere
. Also, I don't see what I misrepresented.
Sens wrote:I asked her to explain the EXACT mechanics of her role, and only after people questionned her choice (of which I was not the first to do, by the way) did she mention that she couldn't self-target.
So, the fact that she left out a detail the first time she explained it makes you "not like" the roleclaim?
Sorry, I thought I had commented on it, but I think it was pretty obvious that I was talking about the same thing forbiddan was.

And yes, very much so. She was asked by several people (yourself included, if I recall correctly) to give EXACT details. She made (what was as far as anyone could tell) a full claim, including targets are everything. Then her target was criticized.
Then
she gave an additional 'detail' that 'explained' her choice of target.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Caboose »

Sens wrote:And yes, very much so. She was asked by several people (yourself included, if I recall correctly) to give EXACT details. She made (what was as far as anyone could tell) a full claim, including targets are everything. Then her target was criticized. Then she gave an additional 'detail' that 'explained' her choice of target.
So, you're just hung up on the fact that Electra added a small detail after FL asked Electra why Electra didn't target herself?
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Seraphim »

Doing a reread of Electra's, Senfan's, and charter's posts. Expect a response on Monday(musical ends today, free time is a lot more after today).

I do have a couple of comments. If Electra is telling the truth, then Sensfan is anti-town. Despite some of my...urm, mistakes, I can assure that I am a vanilla townie. Also, Electra, does your
role have a name
?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm pretty sure I explained very clearly why I called her choice poor, actually, but nice misrep. I asked her to explain the EXACT mechanics of her role, and only after people questionned her choice (of which I was not the first to do, by the way) did she mention that she couldn't self-target.
No, actually, you never said a word about why choosing you was a poor choice. In fact, I probably came closer to asking why than you ever did.

Sorry, I thought I had commented on it, but I think it was pretty obvious that I was talking about the same thing forbiddan was.
Nothing is obvious in mafia. reread your own posts before attacking someone calling you out.

So, you're just hung up on the fact that Electra added a small detail after FL asked Electra why Electra didn't target herself?
this.

Waiting on Seraphim but might switch to Sens if this keeps up.
-StrangerCoug

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Caboose »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Sens wrote:
Nothing is obvious in mafia. reread your own posts before attacking someone calling you out.
I'm still waiting to hear what I misrepresented in this post.
I wrote:

Sens wrote:I also am finding it incredibly likely that you are Scum looking to grab 2 mislynches.
The same thing could be said about you, Sens. You could get Electra lynched today and then if she flips cop, get Sera lynched tomorrow.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Not sure if Electra has really helped much here. First, charter could have tried to give Sens a townie pass incase he (charter) got lynched people could go back and say "Oh charter said he thought sens was townie and was trying to buddy up" much like Electra did. Electra's post also shows that (if she is telling the truth) that sens and serph are not of the same alignment, but it is not stated what aligenment either of them are, just that they are different. If we lynch one and said person turns town, then scum can get a kill in before their mate is lynched the next day. Or as Sens said Electra can be pulling off a gambit here, by lynching one and setting up the other person for the next days lynch by saying if one dies and is town the other is the opposite aligenment.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by SensFan »

Caboose wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
Sens wrote:
I'm still waiting to hear what I misrepresented in this post.
I wrote:

The fact that I attacked the change of detail, and not that I was investigated.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Caboose »

What does the added detail have anything to do with the claimed choices? Given the restriction of not being able to target herself, what makes Electra's night targets poor?
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Electra »

@ forbidden -
I'm not sure if I want to completely rethink my opinion of Sens yet, but his reaction is definitely scum-ish and Seraphim's reaction so far has been more town. Of course Seraphim had the luxury of reacting after several people responded.

I am confused by Sens's reaction because he voted Seraphim yesterday, indicating that he thought Seraphim was scum. If he were town, then my claim should be the nail in the coffin or whatever that phrase is - he should take this as Seraphim definitely being scum. However, he's attacking me instead. I can't really think of a reason for him to do so if he were town.

@ Seraphim - My role does indeed have have a name, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to claim it (does it count as quoting the role PM?). It has the word cop in it though.
wolframnhart wrote:Not sure if Electra has really helped much here. First, charter could have tried to give Sens a townie pass incase he (charter) got lynched people could go back and say "Oh charter said he thought sens was townie and was trying to buddy up" much like Electra did. Electra's post also shows that (if she is telling the truth) that sens and serph are not of the same alignment, but it is not stated what aligenment either of them are, just that they are different. If we lynch one and said person turns town, then scum can get a kill in before their mate is lynched the next day. Or as Sens said Electra can be pulling off a gambit here, by lynching one and setting up the other person for the next days lynch by saying if one dies and is town the other is the opposite aligenment.
I think tomorrow doesn't matter as much as you think. The doctor equivalent is dead, and I would assume that I'm pretty much the cop equivalent, so the best choice for Mafia to kill would be me.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Empking »

Yeah, I don't like the change of details. I still like myu vote. I think I should say that its easy to sound townie when you only make one short post that says it'll give a response Monday.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm not sure if I want to completely rethink my opinion of Sens yet, but his reaction is definitely scum-ish and Seraphim's reaction so far has been more town. Of course Seraphim had the luxury of reacting after several people responded.

I am confused by Sens's reaction because he voted Seraphim yesterday, indicating that he thought Seraphim was scum. If he were town, then my claim should be the nail in the coffin or whatever that phrase is - he should take this as Seraphim definitely being scum. However, he's attacking me instead. I can't really think of a reason for him to do so if he were town.
Well, I can see a couple scenarios where SEns town might do it. I see far more where sens scum might do it. I want him to answer this why he reacted the way he did.
Yeah, I don't like the change of details. I still like myu vote. I think I should say that its easy to sound townie when you only make one short post that says it'll give a response Monday.
And the fact it's Monday. Sure it didn't say they were the same alignment, Electra :P?
-StrangerCoug

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:07 am

Post by SensFan »

Caboose wrote:What does the added detail have anything to do with the claimed choices? Given the restriction of not being able to target herself, what makes Electra's night targets poor?
You have it backwards. Her choice makes no sense under the original role given. When she was critisized for that, she THEN added a restriction that makes her choices look better.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:09 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Three: Vote Count #1

2 Electra (Seraphim, Empking)
2 Seraphim (Electra, forbiddanlight)
1 SensFan (Caboose)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is November 20, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 3 – SensFan, Tamuz, wolframnhart
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You have it backwards. Her choice makes no sense under the original role given. When she was critisized for that, she THEN added a restriction that makes her choices look better.
To be honest, I think you are nitpicking, and possibly she didn't think that she needed to say that at first.
-StrangerCoug

Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Electra »

I definitely was not aware that it became the standard to include 'I can't target myself' in a role claim. To avoid any future confusion, I also can't target dead players, players not in this game, the mod, celebrities, and trees.

@ Sens - Do you think Seraphim is town now, then?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”