Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:56 am

Post by Aristeia »

like you understand 2542 says you want to elim the people doing nothing and 2543 says you think the masons are doing nothing and like

it's kind of ??? to eliminate masons who r doing nothing?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:58 am

Post by Andante »

honestly if hut and/or SS are masons. they literally couldn't be MORE anti town right now, so no, I don't freaking care
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Aristeia »

ok if SS/Hutmeil are masons who would you like to eliminate then?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2538, Aristeia wrote:Like even fire/andante don't seem to really want to lim the other person so like what's going on here?
im warming to the idea tbh
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2553, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2538, Aristeia wrote:Like even fire/andante don't seem to really want to lim the other person so like what's going on here?
im warming to the idea tbh
warming to the idea of voting me cause im e1? right...
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:32 am

Post by fireisredsir »

would you like to share who you think is mafia?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2551, Andante wrote:honestly if hut and/or SS are masons. they literally couldn't be MORE anti town right now, so no, I don't freaking care
It's not the masons' responsibility to lead. It's the masons' responsibility to not die, and not make their partners obvious if they do.

Regardless of whether I'm mason or VT, I am never going to be leading.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:30 am

Post by implosion »

In post 2549, Datisi wrote:implo, do you care to convince me why i'm wrong on what i recently said about fire being town?
Which thing specifically? I gave some disagreement to some townread you gave on him recently.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:31 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2479, Datisi wrote:okay i had a thought earlier

so the vc is at , with fire wagon decently leading. then ari pops in and there's a page and a half of "actually this fire wagon is Bad, andante is like obviously scum, and also datisi is the most likely partner to scum!andante and etc etc"

and then fire pops in in like "let me drop a paragraph of analysis on why andante/datisi does not make any sense as a pair", like what. sure, he offered an alternative of enchant/andante, but he kept prioritizing enchant in that pair, AND just giving this analysis does run the risk of ari agreeing with the points against datisi/andante but not buying into other ones
In post 2484, Datisi wrote:
In post 2471, fireisredsir wrote:having fun today reading old games where SS was scum and getting more and more confused why people seem to be underestimating his abilities here
also ^^ this post seems counter-intuitive to make as scum to me, because if you're scum who should get the fuck out of being murdered, then you don't hint towards you doing analysis, you actually do that analysis

if fire is scum here, then he feels Fine being flipped, so either (1) he's scum with andante and the game is completely fucked for them (lol) or (2) his buddy is deep onto that bus and he's fine flipping (would that be like, save the dragons?)
In post 2487, Datisi wrote:my overall conclusion is that i can't fit fire's posting into a scum mindset, unless he's scum with very specific and unlikely people
i think this stuff is fresh
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:46 am

Post by implosion »

For the first: I feel like I've had scum games where, if I'm being run up, my first instinct isn't to construct a specific narrative escape route that is as viable as possible, which it seems like that's what you're describing fire-scum should be doing but isn't? I definitely feel like another thing you can have as a reaction to pressure as scum is to just try to do your best/vibe. If fire was like "yes, ari is right, andante is totally obvious scum vote andante" then fire would risk getting yelled at for pushing a counterwagon, or for flailing.

For the second: I think this is also a potential motivation/mindset thing? fire could be scum who wants to avoid dying, but e.g. doesn't have his heart in it due to gamestate apathy/the day dragging on, which can affect scum too. And so hinting at analysis without actually doing it is a sensible thing in that case. I do think that post is maybe somewhat -scum for fire. Seeming like you're fine with being flipped is like, not an uncommon tact to take as scum. For instance, Andante seemed fine being flipped as scum in the scumgame of hers I linked earlier. I think you need more context for a tell like that; in some contexts, like if someone has been zoned in on the game and is really (particularly emotionally) invested and then loses that investment as they're being flipped then yeah maybe that makes more sense for town who is out of fucks than it would make for scum who is excited about winning the game to suddenly be less excited about trying. But fire hasn't been that gung-ho.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:47 am

Post by implosion »

And I'm still pretty uninterested in thinking about partner dynamics; I think things along the lines of "X can't be scum because no one makes sense as a partner" are probably like =rand to be correct. Maybe he is scum with those unlikely people, or maybe he's been trying to make it look like he's not partners with the people you think he's not with. etc.

And to be clear. Do I have confidence fire is scum? lol, no.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by Enchant »

Hammer or No...
What a question.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2559, implosion wrote:if I'm being run up, my first instinct isn't to construct a specific narrative escape route that is as viable as possible, which it seems like that's what you're describing fire-scum should be doing but isn't?
i may or may not be talking out of my ass here, but the reason why i feel fire would be doing that is

(1) from the games i've played with him, his townplay strikes me as a sort of analytical, doing business, moving the game forward, putting in work, etc
(2) for the short time i was playing with scum!fire in invictus, i was not able to tell that he's scum, i.e. tell the difference between town and scum him

so from those two, i'm assuming that fire would be playing scum in a somewhat similar manner that he plays town, and those are the qualities i associate with his townplay. and i imagine that a scum that has those qualities would be attempting to talk their way out of the wagon using facts and logic and by planning an escape route, or at least the max +ev plan for their team
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2560, implosion wrote:And I'm still pretty uninterested in thinking about partner dynamics; I think things along the lines of "X can't be scum because no one makes sense as a partner" are probably like =rand to be correct. Maybe he is scum with those unlikely people, or maybe he's been trying to make it look like he's not partners with the people you think he's not with. etc.
it's not necessarily a partner dynamics argument, at least not solely one

it's more like, i feel like scum!fire would have the skills and the ability to do what is max +ev for his team. if we assume he's scum here, then the only way he's doing that is if his only counterwagon is also his partner (and he's trying to turn it over to enchant or s_s), or if his partner is so well positioned that all fire has to do is antispew and wait for his dead thread link

to be fair, maybe there isn't a functional difference between the nature of the two arguments, but meh
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

altho it is def expected, enchant not wanting to hammer here is tempting me
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Andante »

Enchant not hammering is definitely + town for enchant. in KTANE enchant didn't hammer an e-1 even after I was asking them about it, and enchant was town there.

Fire again, is trying to justify a vote on me. I really believe fire is maf here
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Andante »

VOTE: fireisredsir

like, literally the 2nd time trying to justify a vote on me cause he knows I'm flipping town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:35 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2540, Andante wrote:Definitely just dissapointing to see, I've tried my absolute BEST, and I'm being chopped. like, I die, then what? you're just gonna go lim fire, and then you're at lylo. whatever, not my problem.
well that's good, means you don't have to worry about this anymore
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 995, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 994, Andante wrote:
In post 992, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 985, Andante wrote:GeorgeBailey - Any intentions on playing the game you signed up for?
Why is George null for you but mala is scummy for lurking?
mala is scummy for her "read" on me
zzzzz
mvp baltar?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

reread and i still tr her d1 :<
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Aristeia »

unofficial VC:

Andante (4): Something_Smart, Datisi, hutmeil, Aristeia
fireisredsir (3): Save The Dragons, implosion, Andante
Enchant (1): fireisredsir
Datisi (1): Enchant

this day has been so weird -__-
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i guess there's no real point in waiting more, i don't think we're getting the last minute flashwagon on enchant
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i could wait for tomorrow since she said she could maybe effort then but idk, when she's been here lately she has put a p low percentage of her energy towards actually solving anything so idk how productive it would be to stall things out further
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Aristeia »

why doesn't scum!enchant just hammer town!andante here?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

the only reason would be that they would know that i would likely do it anyway and it may make then look better not to

and probably them not doing it would even encourage me to do it myself (which it did)

Return to “Completed Open Games”