Merits of Mass Claim...

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

Woah, necro!

(Also weird that I JUST took DP's quote from this thread for my sig like, five minutes before you revived the thread).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Well, yes, but there's skill involved in fitting a name you've been given to a role that will save you. The flipside of the coin is that you don't want a game to come down to whether the mafia are lucky enough to guess correctly which names are and aren't in the game.

My personal preference is for having fewer safeclaims than there are scum (which requires some inventiveness, and penalises town for giving their rolenames away prematurely, whilst not making massclaim game breaking- obv, you throw in some dubious sounding town roles too). I won't do it all the time though, since good mods should be unpredictable.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Yosarian2 wrote:
This thread is funny, from 2006, because I feel like we've pretty much solved this problem now; I don't know when the last time I've seen a game here with the "can be broken with an early massclaim" flaw.
The Silent Speaker's Meta Mafia mini. All the town had confirmable night actions, and none of the scum did (nor were we told the former).

Return to “Mafia Discussion”