Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1982, Something_Smart wrote:I townread fire early but they've kinda fallen off.
probably cause fire maf
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2072, Andante wrote:you think you're wrongly TRing me? why?
at the time i posted that i did, mostly bc i felt like you made sense as a partner to george/enchant and i also thought that they were scum

now im not as sure on that and am somewhat compelled by the possibility of ss+hut

kinda think its one of those two pairings but i also kinda think i should try not to get too caught up in looking for pairings bc that backfired yesterday
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1987, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1973, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1969, fireisredsir wrote:SS why andante?
Both NK's have pushed her and I do not think scum figured out Gamma was mason
i think thats reasonable, my thought was that if im hunting in [andante, ss, enchant, hut], you were the main one of those who i would guess likely could have figured out gamma was mason, and i was unsure about a andante/enchant team, since i kinda doubted they would have

but i guess that you having a similar pool and a similar thought process except with the additional bit of info as to your own alignment, is probably kinda towny, altho id maybe expect you to be considering me more?

i still think killing gamma without being relatively confident that she was a mason is a weird choice tho? ig if andante really thought that gamma was tunneled on her (she wasn't really anymore, but andante might not realize that)
what are you even implying there at the end? I was concerned about gamma's tunnel on me? Gamma sheeped VP and had no clue why VP was SRing me. If I was scum here I'd kill Datisi n1 tbh
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 2002, fireisredsir wrote:i probably should have read an SS scumgame before making assumptions about how he would play as scum and townreading him based on those assumptions
why is meta needed? SS is weakly pushing me. that alone should be thought of as a scumclaim
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 2002, fireisredsir wrote:the only exception to that is andante, bc i think andante is unpredictable in what she latches onto in people's perceptions of her, and may have had a distorted view of how strongly gamma scumread her.
at what freaking point in this game was I ever concerned about GAMMA SRing me?? please quote it. quote the post that told you I was concerned about a Gamma SR on me.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 2076, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2072, Andante wrote:you think you're wrongly TRing me? why?
at the time i posted that i did, mostly bc i felt like you made sense as a partner to george/enchant and i also thought that they were scum

now im not as sure on that and am somewhat compelled by the possibility of ss+hut

kinda think its one of those two pairings but i also kinda think i should try not to get too caught up in looking for pairings bc that backfired yesterday
and now that I'm here and talking you think I'm town again? so when I'm not here, we can throw sus my way, join SS in trying to make a wagon on me. but when I am here it's "oh well at the time I thought that.. now I don't!!"
Like, that post was literally from today.

VOTE: fireisredsir
I'm pretty sure this is maf
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by Andante »

alright, caught up, uhh sorry if any of the takes are bad the like 2 pages of yelling at enchant for a hammer was just like, uhhh what? its been a long day. see yall tomorrow
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2079, Andante wrote:
In post 2002, fireisredsir wrote:the only exception to that is andante, bc i think andante is unpredictable in what she latches onto in people's perceptions of her, and may have had a distorted view of how strongly gamma scumread her.
at what freaking point in this game was I ever concerned about GAMMA SRing me?? please quote it. quote the post that told you I was concerned about a Gamma SR on me.
? i was talking about what you may have been thinking if you were scum. that wouldn't show up in the thread bc duh

i don't even really think it's likely i was just reasoning through SS's point about the nk. which i ended up disagreeing with
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2080, Andante wrote:and now that I'm here and talking you think I'm town again? so when I'm not here, we can throw sus my way, join SS in trying to make a wagon on me. but when I am here it's "oh well at the time I thought that.. now I don't!!"
Like, that post was literally from today.
no? you can read my posts and see how my thoughts changed. nothing has really changed about my read on you since you got here, that happened earlier
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by implosion »

i support the fire wagon but don't want a hyper fast day.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2070, Andante wrote:
In post 1935, Datisi wrote:i will be very impressed and slightly scared if ari is scum here
what about it would impress you? this is just going "WHY WOULD ENCHANT HAMMER?" which is super easy to do tbh, like if someone was strongly opposed to limming mala in the first place they could've said literally anything as we were voting. this wasn't some surprise wagon
it's not the what she's doing, it's how. in a recent game (lake melancholy), she was similarly getting emotional, both towards prism and towards enchant. and the emotion and the impact on the game felt really townie to me. and it's similar here. because genuine emotion and anger is difficult to fake, and i think scum!aristeia would also find it unnecessary to fake here
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:43 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2074, Andante wrote:
In post 1977, Datisi wrote:i'm not sure i get the idea ari is putting out (the mafia voting mala thing) because my first instinct as mafia would be to not even get close to voting a mason soft for the chance they actually are a mason and i prematurely get shit for pushing a green flip, and i feel like it would be the same for at least some number of scum!players here?
wouldn't the instinct as mafia be to try and run up as many people possible to see who claims, as well as just see how people interact with one another? cause now mafia go back and look at how people interacted with gamma and bam, there's your other masons, like essentially all they had to do here was flip someone that wasn't really getting pushed, cause obv masons aren't gonna push a mason. this "my first instinct as mafia" thing from you makes like no sense
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

scumtisi values keeping its hands clean. shitpushing a very likely mason is bound to get negative attention once the mason claims. besides, mala was decently suspected at the time, at least some of which by town, not like interactions with her wouldn't have happened naturally.

i'm pointing out that there's at least some number of scum!players that are like this. so the idea of "all mafia would be jumping at a mason soft" is not a good assumption.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:44 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2078, Andante wrote:
In post 2002, fireisredsir wrote:i probably should have read an SS scumgame before making assumptions about how he would play as scum and townreading him based on those assumptions
why is meta needed? SS is weakly pushing me. that alone should be thought of as a scumclaim
???
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:47 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 2084, implosion wrote:i support the fire wagon but don't want a hyper fast day.
(psst, implo, was for you :3 )
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:49 pm

Post by Datisi »

fire, what are your thoughts on aristeia?
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:52 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2087, Datisi wrote:???
Yeah, I too am interested to hear where she goes with that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:29 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2089, Datisi wrote:fire, what are your thoughts on aristeia?
kinda had been assuming she was town ever since the penguin flip and she did her wagon analysis bc i thought both of those pointed strongly to her being town. i don't feel as strongly about it as i did before but i still think she's probably town? i don't really see why she takes the approach to d1 that she does if she's scum with penguin. i don't really think she kills vp. i think that the way she's looking at the game since then is p towny and doesn't really feel like she has a long term plan (slightly hesitant on this point bc i can see one possibility but it seems unlikely), it feels more like the way she sees things is naturally evolving due to new info and new thoughts

i don't really fully agree with your reasoning about her and enchant, since altho i agree the emotion seems real, i think she could easily be frustrated with enchant's play as a general trend. it doesn't really seem like the frustration is very related to either enchant or ari's alignment

but anyway i think she's probably town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

ive thought about it some more and im going back to thinking it isn't hut

don't really think we should lim in [std, implo, ari, dats, hut] and if im right on that and everyone agrees then the poe of [andante, ss, enchant, me] wins the game. but they probably don't agree and i might not be right, so hey, idk

i have a kinda hard time seeing ss+andante as a team so i kind of want enchant. i really think implo should reassess his TRs on enchant and andante if not now then after i die bc im p sure he's wrong on one of them or maybe both

i also think that i probably have to die at some point for the game to be solvable just due to the positions ive been in so far which is unfort but thats okay, i understand. i think atp that me living to elo would be an actively bad idea for the likelihood of winning the game. i don't think there's really anything that i could do that would prove my towniness here, and of the 5 people i think are town, at least 3 of them want me dead and i don't think that's ever fully going away
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:57 am

Post by fireisredsir »

the alternative which allows me not to have to die is that we just flip scum today and tomorrow so let's do that :>

i think its enchant, probably with andante, and i regret not pushing harder for george yesterday, got too caught up in looking at a full team solve

VOTE: Enchant
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2093, fireisredsir wrote:the alternative which allows me not to have to die is that we just flip scum today and tomorrow so let's do that :>

i think its enchant, probably with andante, and i regret not pushing harder for george yesterday, got too caught up in looking at a full team solve

VOTE: Enchant
Oh no OMGUS
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2087, Datisi wrote:
???
???
"I need to read a SS scumgame before I can read him"
why is meta needed to read SS this game?

what's the ??? for?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2093, fireisredsir wrote:probably with andante,
lmao right. cause you said I probably wasn't town, I asked you about it, then you went "oh yeah not scum" and not I'm back to being scum?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i know that this is a very foreign concept to you, but occasionally people think one thing at one point and then later their mind changes and they think a different thing
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2095, Andante wrote:
In post 2087, Datisi wrote:
???
???
"I need to read a SS scumgame before I can read him"
why is meta needed to read SS this game?

what's the ??? for?
what is the "that" in referring to? because it reads like you're saying "s_s is weakly pushing me, and the fact that s_s is weakly pushing me should be thought of as a scumclaim from s_s"

and that doesn't make sense to me
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:07 am

Post by Enchant »

Fire is maf, cuz blatantly trying to save ass, not elim maf.

While others gived more reasonable... Reasons to even suspect me, it's simple "Bah Enchant maf".

Return to “Completed Open Games”