LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Zilla wrote:I'll chalk you up to being a pushy townie for now, Llama, but IGMEOY.
Just establishing the pecking order :D

In all seriousness though, I dont think you really have much of a case on PP, and the attempt to justify the existance of one is coming off as scummy to me. More so when you mix in all the flavor and character-alignment pairing you have done.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:55 am

Post by populartajo »

Farside prob used some features from her last FG game, prob not the most obvious ones. That game ended well balanced, right? I assume it because she did this.
So, to the players of the other game, is wondering about about the flavour a valid strategy for town, not so valid, null, etc?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Flavour did feature...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I would say yes, it could be useful.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Reporting to tell Quahog that it's always bad to try to use mod WIFOM, especially when that mod is Farside.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:14 am

Post by populartajo »

Women are so predictable /runs.
Call me Tajo.
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

We need to be very cautious about believing flavor as you all know. I will reference Skruffs game Enigma Mi where flavor played a big part in that game and people voted for the wrong reasons. You all know we can't trust the flavor someone gives so we don't even need to consider it in the decision process.

unvote:

Puta's votes were quick and early so he will get the benefit of the doubt for now.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh, misinterpreting flavour is easily done. It did still play a factor though, although it went largely unoticed, and town did ok.
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:07 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

Sorry for not posting, been away, will reread and post later today/tomorrow.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Stewie: [holding a box] You know, Mother, life is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're going to get. Your life, however, is more like a box of ACTIVE GRENADES! [opens the box, revealing grenades] Now I'll offer you one last chance for deliverance. Return my mind-control device...or be destroyed.
Lois: Oh, you just want your toy back. Okay, here you go hun. [places his device on the grenades in the open box]
Stewie: Yes, well... Victory is mine! [runs off. A moment later we hear an explosion] AHH! DAMN YOU ALL!

Vote count:

Pacman 1 vote: (xtoxm)
xtoxm 3 vote: (pacman281292, Porochaz, Puta Puta)
Hybris 2 vote: (LlamaFluff, Elivs knits)
Porochaz 1 vote: (Mana_Ku)
Puta Put 2 vote: (Zilla, forbiddanlight)
Kloud 2 vote: (Kmd4390, BlakAdder)
Greasy Spot 1 vote: (populartajo)
CoheedCambria 1 vote: (TonyMontana)
mana_ku 1 vote: (The Internet)
TonyMontana 1 vote: (CoheedCambria09)
Kmd4390 1 vote: (RestFermata)
Zilla 1 vote: (charter)

Not voting:

Hybris
kloud1516
Greasy Spot
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Tajo wrote:Women are so predictable /runs.
*glares*

Zilla, your posts in which you discussed flavour were bad. You shouldn't have done that. Many players said it is bad, with xtoxm perhaps the only exception. But still you did it. Bear the consequences
Unvote Vote Zilla
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Due to some interesting discussions I just added a new rule. See rule 5(a) for details.
Thanks
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

farside22 wrote:
Due to some interesting discussions I just added a new rule. See rule 5(a) for details.
Thanks
This just in, that's my rule! 8-)
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 am

Post by populartajo »

I dont know how my reading of that topic ended in the discovery of Primate being cr3tin.
Call me Tajo.
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Puta Puta »

let me first establish that i am actively lurking because i'm really busy these days, kthnxbai :D
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:04 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Most important things I see going on: llama is interrogating zilla. zilla doesn't like being questioned. Hybris answers questions for zilla (when llama asked why zilla was voting PP, Hybris answered for her).

I don't mind llama asking questions. That's good. I wonder why he's not voting zilla since he seems to have a problem with her, but w/e.

I don't like Hybris jumping into the situation to answer questions for zilla. This is why: hybris already came into the game moaning about it being unserious but not doing anything to change things. Then she shows she is following along with llama/zilla argument, and even helps by reposting zilla's reasons -- but she never adds any opinions of her own. It's a pattern of unhelpfulness, and of no attempt at scum hunting.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:18 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

elvis_knits wrote:I don't mind llama asking questions. That's good. I wonder why he's not voting zilla since he seems to have a problem with her, but w/e.
Because I have problem with Hybris too right now. Its a debate of is Zilla who is distracting or Hybris who is blatantly not scumhunting scummier.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I read over the last 7 pages, I feel out of everyone the biggest problem is with Zilla. Post 150 sums up what Im thinking, I've also raaised an eyebrow against Hybris for answering a question for Zilla which further pushes her into "scum zon"

vote Zilla
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Hybris »

I answered a question with a direct quote from her, to help discussion along. If you find that scummy, then fine. Personally, I'm not sure if I think thats so scummy, and I'd like to see what choices we have other than the two of us.
Hybris
Hybris
Goon
Hybris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Hybris »

And of course, you can't edit your posts so...
I'd like to actively look at other people because they could merely stay silent and comment on this current show which is going on while slipping under the radar.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by The Internet »

I'm uneasy about Zilla's agressiveness. I can understand being agressive, but doing it this early is unusual. I'll try and check his meta to see if he is always this agressive.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im happy to tell you why i find it scummy. If you answer a question asked to someone else it can (and I have viewed it as) be used to defend another player or "save them" something that can only really be applied to members who are linked somehow, most likely scum partners.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Zilla »

Weak sauce people.
Mana_Ku wrote: Zilla, your posts in which you discussed flavour were bad. You shouldn't have done that. Many players said it is bad, with xtoxm perhaps the only exception. But still you did it. Bear the consequences
Unvote Vote Zilla
How in the hell were they "bad"? The flavor analysis was at least a step above what we were doing before, which was post-restriction analysis. There's a total of ONE post between my posts in question.

Llama, I could ask you what reason you had for voting Hybris earlier, before she "came to my rescue" by doing pretty much exactly what I would have done. I'll let you know now that if I die and come up town, I'll be haunting you from the grave. Remember this town, please.

@ Porochaz: I see the implications there, but 1) she answered by quoting me directly, 2) I would have done the same thing, and 3) the question was in no way implicating me as scum, why would I need "defending"?

What makes Puta Puta so innocent that my voting of him is scummy?

I smell a wagon.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by Zilla »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Zilla wrote:I'll chalk you up to being a pushy townie for now, Llama, but IGMEOY.
Just establishing the pecking order :D

In all seriousness though, I dont think you really have much of a case on PP, and the attempt to justify the existance of one is coming off as scummy to me. More so when you mix in all the flavor and character-alignment pairing you have done.
You know, the funniest thing of this is that scum did the EXACT same thing to me in another game offsite. First, in regards to "character-alignment pairing", the only thing I said on this was that I didn't believe Tom Tucker to be FCC aligned. I said he may be self-aligned at worst, I didn't say he WAS self-aligned. The purpose of this statement was that, although he wouldn't be FCC, he could still be scum by being self-aligned, meaning to keep our options open.

That's it.

And then my next post, I recounted the position that "Tom is not FCC" on the grounds that character doesn't indicate alignment, as I've grown more used to from the last few games I'd played offsite.

Your entire construction against me, ignoring the content of my posts and demonizing me, are what's REALLY bugging me about you. I don't mind a solid argument against me, but so far, your case against me has consisted of:

I talked about flavor.
I'm voting Puta on a "weak" argument.

I'll admit there's not much Puta's giving us, but I can't say I have a stronger position on him now because he hasn't given us anything to go on since random stage. I have a knack for picking up scum through the random stage though, and your sideways OMGUS on me and defense of Puta make me feel justified. If Puta comes up scum, I know where to turn next.
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Women are so predictable /runs.
Sho, I shee we hash shomeone who ish shuispy...shuishclu...wantsh to kill hishshelf.
Llama, I could ask you what reason you had for voting Hybris earlier, before she "came to my rescue" by doing pretty much exactly what I would have done. I'll let you know now that if I die and come up town, I'll be haunting you from the grave. Remember this town, please
Atesh alreadish? Jeesh...I don'tsh thinksh that helpsh you...
How in the hell were they "bad"? The flavor analysis was at least a step above what we were doing before, which was post-restriction analysis. There's a total of ONE post between my posts in question.

Moresh like a shtep below...flavor analyshee...analyshy...analy...ah, shcrew it...ish a completely ushelesh way to looksh like you are conshributing wishout acshually doing sho. Moresh importantly...it dishtractsh from shcumhunting!

Wish that...I concludesh that I should
Unvote, Vote Zilla
. I alsho, however, concludesh that this really won'tsh do mush in the waysh of bringing her closher to lynsh...shorry.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”