Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

like of the 3 shadykrew I think NM has the highest town equity
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 1772, Arete Lastname wrote:oh that bolding is hardly visible at all

the thing I was implying is that it's kinda absurd for SPF to suggest that me and Penguin are teamed
i was not thinking in terms of partner interactions when i made that post - i was thinking in terms of which pairs are most likely to contain the wolves based on my solving/gamestate. and also to be honest, if there's a good reason to dissociate you and penguin from each other, then you'll have to remind me bcuz i have goldfish memory
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:48 pm

I'm guessing based on who is least likely to cooperate with me
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:48 pm

In post 1775, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like of the 3 shadykrew I think NM has the highest town equity
is this how he usually plays as town....? most of his posts feel inauthentic to me
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:50 pm

In post 1771, Arete Lastname wrote:
In post 1757, staypositivefriend wrote:would not surprise me at all if the wolfteam was like
arete
+
one in
penguin
/n_m
don't super buy that this is a real thought

also don't super buy that 'Arete is a wolf for not pushing me [SPF]' is a real thought when I ....... wrote a giant wallpost the conclusion of which was that you were probably a wolf :joy_cat:

also also don't buy that 'Arete is a wolf for being mad at Ydrasse for not claiming mafia' is a real thought, like Ydrasse ...... was dying, unless she claimed, wolf!Arete wouldn't have wanted her to claim because that could mean that a wolf gets voted out, and her claiming wouldn't have helped wolf!Arete kill mafia because her not claiming led directly to her being voted out and therefore dying
you wrote a wallpost where you concluded that i was a wolf? do you mind linking that to me again? i saw a post where u were hedging on my alignment and i did not perceive it as you wolfreading me at all, but i was skimming to catch up with the thread so i proly missed it

also point taken wrt to the "arete is mad at ydrasse for not claiming mafia" thing - i got my wires crossed there lol
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1776, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1772, Arete Lastname wrote:oh that bolding is hardly visible at all

the thing I was implying is that it's kinda absurd for SPF to suggest that me and Penguin are teamed
i was not thinking in terms of partner interactions when i made that post - i was thinking in terms of which pairs are most likely to contain the wolves based on my solving/gamestate. and also to be honest, if there's a good reason to dissociate you and penguin from each other, then you'll have to remind me bcuz i have goldfish memory
we spent like half of day 1 fighting

also I am kinda currently trying to get him killed but I'm sorta halfassing it 'cause I think he could be mafia so that's a weaker point
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:50 pm

In post 1778, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1775, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like of the 3 shadykrew I think NM has the highest town equity
is this how he usually plays as town....? most of his posts feel inauthentic to me

he has the worst towngame out of the three, it's not an confident read by any means
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1779, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1771, Arete Lastname wrote:
In post 1757, staypositivefriend wrote:would not surprise me at all if the wolfteam was like
arete
+
one in
penguin
/n_m
don't super buy that this is a real thought

also don't super buy that 'Arete is a wolf for not pushing me [SPF]' is a real thought when I ....... wrote a giant wallpost the conclusion of which was that you were probably a wolf :joy_cat:

also also don't buy that 'Arete is a wolf for being mad at Ydrasse for not claiming mafia' is a real thought, like Ydrasse ...... was dying, unless she claimed, wolf!Arete wouldn't have wanted her to claim because that could mean that a wolf gets voted out, and her claiming wouldn't have helped wolf!Arete kill mafia because her not claiming led directly to her being voted out and therefore dying
you wrote a wallpost where you concluded that i was a wolf? do you mind linking that to me again? i saw a post where u were hedging on my alignment and i did not perceive it as you wolfreading me at all, but i was skimming to catch up with the thread so i proly missed it

also point taken wrt to the "arete is mad at ydrasse for not claiming mafia" thing - i got my wires crossed there lol

to be clear when I said "when I write it out like this the obvious conclusion is that I'm misreading SPF and was kind of avoiding looking in that direction because it'd make me feel stupid" and "idt I'm misreading anyone else in (a group of people that mechanically includes at least one non-town, that you are part of)" I was calling you Not A Villager :joy_cat:
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

I guess I didn't specifically call you a wolf as opposed to mafia, I think you're more likely to be a wolf than mafia based on Ydrasse interactions + the fact that you don't seem to be trying-not-to-get-nightkilled which would be kinda stupid if you are SPF-and-mafia
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:56 pm

so it seems like u agree with me that there's a wolf between penguin/not_mafia, even in a world where i'm a wolf with one of them. who do u think that would be atm?
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1784, staypositivefriend wrote:so it seems like u agree with me that there's a wolf between penguin/not_mafia, even in a world where i'm a wolf with one of them. who do u think that would be atm?
leaning Penguin

if I go with the model where mafia would be fine with being wolfy/not want to be super townie whereas werewolves would want to be perceived as town, I think Penguin's early game feels more like someone who is vaguely gesturing in the direction of wanting to be townread and failing, while NotMafia's game felt more like someone who Just Did Not Care At All (albeit this is less true today)

also when I was trying to get Someone In That Trio to claim mafia and point out a werewolf in that group Penguin's response felt more like 'no I can't claim mafia (because I'm not and I'd get CC'd' whereas NotMafia's response was more like 'haha .... unless?' [they also said not to call them town like a page back but that might be a pun on their name]

and NotMafia is making pushes that make more sense for someone-who-is-hunting-wolves than someone-who-is-hunting-mafia
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

(this kinda relies on the assumption that those three are all nontown but I think that's a true assumption)
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:04 pm

if everyone here agrees that there's likely to be a wolf within me and arete and everyone also agrees that there's likely to be a wolf between not mafia and penguin power, i have a proposition

let me and arete spend the rest of the day deciding who we want to kill between not mafia and penguin power. if arete is a wolf, this puts them in the tricky position of having to decide if they want to bus their partner or if they want to try to powerwolf to the endgame. if i'm a wolf, it puts me in the same scenario
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:05 pm

In post 1787, staypositivefriend wrote:if everyone here agrees that there's likely to be a wolf within me and arete and everyone also agrees that there's likely to be a wolf between not mafia and penguin power, i have a proposition

let me and arete spend the rest of the day deciding who we want to kill between not mafia and penguin power. if arete is a wolf, this puts them in the tricky position of having to decide if they want to bus their partner or if they want to try to powerwolf to the endgame. if i'm a wolf, it puts me in the same scenario
although actually, if everyone does agree with me on this, i am already spewed town by penguin power and not mafia bcuz both of them are currently pushing for me to die, and it would be extremely stupid for them to bus in this scenario lol
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:05 pm

even if u dont know how to read me, if u think penguin/nm contains a single wolf, i am blatantly spewed town by both of them
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:07 pm

In post 1789, staypositivefriend wrote:even if u dont know how to read me, if u think penguin/nm contains a single wolf, i am blatantly spewed town by both of them
actually i am literally spewed town on both fronts because i am obviously not mafia based on my interactions with ydrasse and i am obviously not a wolf based on how the other probable wolves (nm/penguin/arete) have all been interacting with me

i could be a wolf with someone else in the townbloc but im obviously not partnered with pooky or arete and im also pretty clearly not partnered with catboi

im just spewed town in general to be quite honest lol
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:07 pm

i want everyone pushing on me for bad reasons to apologize and unvote upon the realization that it is literally impossible for me to be either mafia or a wolf

thank u
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:08 pm

and if anyone continues to vote me after this i want them to say VERY clearly who they think i can be partnered with. i have zero partner equity with literally anyone here which means i should be considered clear by anyone who is even half paying attention to this game
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:09 pm

damn im fired up
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:09 pm

why would I apologize for pushing you when if your logic is right that just means my push is what cleared you

you should be thanking me for pushing you
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:10 pm

this is like the scene at the end of an anime where u think the main character is about to lose but then they get a second wind and destroy their enemies with one fell swoop
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:10 pm

Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:10 pm

In post 1794, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why would I apologize for pushing you when if your logic is right that just means my push is what cleared you

you should be thanking me for pushing you
i mean as long as ur acknowledging that im clearly town im satisfied either way
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:12 pm

you could still be wolf with bradsabi I guess

as long as catbae thats Sabi+SPF is impossible as a team I am fine with it
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:13 pm

In post 1798, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you could still be wolf with bradsabi I guess

as long as catbae thats Sabi+SPF is impossible as a team I am fine with it
if the sabi slot ends up being a wolf then i will eat multiple types of hats

Return to “Completed Open Games”