Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

to clarify this is a general approach to drunkeness (i seem to recall townreading people who post drunk at least 3 times. i don't remember if i was right lol. at least once i def was)

not a cakez-specific read
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 4694, skitter30 wrote:i can see the hestitation wrt marci's posts about pav, but i don't think they're clearing
mmhmm thats valid

i dont play with pav all that often so im not sure how to read him so i wasnt all that confident in what i was saying at times :shrug:
EVIL CANADIAN HATES BAJA BLAST

this clown has a gtkas unfortunately
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah I think I might just back down and defer to Isis/Skitter on Cakez

in which case if it's exactly Coral/Skitter it's probably good to lim in Meuh/marci because even if we flip town we get a Coral/skitter escape and all the info that brings
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Andante »

or we just flip Coral...
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 4699, Aristeia wrote:
In post 4697, marcistar wrote:literally yes, sure
i have nothing to lose, if she escapes ill even vote myself and help!
so you're not confident on anything in this game other than your friend meuh being town and you are ok with losing this game directly for us if she is mafia and you are town.
yes, sure

im not worrying at all because if im wrong on her, yall are the clowns for actually thinking im scum and pushing it thru in that case :lol: :lol: :lol:
cant help when somethings beyond help < 3
its not my fault if yall cant think

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by Andante »

cause I COULD see a coral/Faker world. so like, ideally we're not going "oh it's exactly coral/skitter, so we can waste a lim and lose nothing"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4705, Andante wrote:cause I COULD see a coral/Faker world. so like, ideally we're not going "oh it's exactly coral/skitter, so we can waste a lim and lose nothing"
I don't think it's Coral/Faker, Faker made a lot of time to dismantle the arguments for the worst being town

Andante can you remind me again where you thought Coral scumclaimed?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

marci's attitude here is badvibes
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 4702, GuiltyLion wrote:yeah I think I might just back down and defer to Isis/Skitter on Cakez

in which case if it's exactly Coral/Skitter it's probably good to lim in Meuh/marci because even if we flip town we get a Coral/skitter escape and all the info that brings
I feel like there's victory lap logic baked in that I'm not comfortable with, unless either coral or skitter have no other good partners
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 4704, marcistar wrote:
so you're not confident on anything in this game other than your friend meuh being town and you are ok with losing this game directly for us if she is mafia and you are town.
yes, sure

im not worrying at all because if im wrong on her, yall are the clowns for actually thinking im scum and pushing it thru in that case :lol: :lol: :lol:

why do you even think Coral is mafia btw
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 4707, GuiltyLion wrote:marci's attitude here is badvibes
yeah its probably because im becoming really frustrated
but i dont care for excuses

if u think its bad, do something about it.

i said my opinion, coral elim is fine, meuh elim is not
and people are like

mArCiS NoT eVeN tRyInG tO sOlVe

SO LITERALLY WHATS THE USE OF HAVING ME IN THE GAME STILL THEN? IF I TRY AND PEOPLE ARE JUST GONNA HATE ON IT
IM TRYING TO GET MY MOTIVATION BACK
IM TRYING
IM TRYING
IM TRYING

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 4709, Aristeia wrote:
In post 4704, marcistar wrote:
yes, sure

why do you even think Coral is mafia btw
no thank you, not gonna explain things anymore just so they could be undermined

marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by marcistar »

maybe ill give some reasons tmmrw but *shocker* i dont feel like it tonight :yawn:

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:27 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 4679, marcistar wrote:
In post 4670, Aristeia wrote:On Day 3 She's literally done zero hunting the entirety of the dayphase instead just chilling and doing nothing.
unfair,
a few times ive picked up and tried to get motivation but ur acting like ive been completly bleak this whole time.

would you not expect me to lose confidence once i get something wrong?
get something wrong again and lose even more confidence?
would you not think that maybe i just DONT WANT TO BE WRONG AGAIN?

so you have no motivation for solving and no confidence and you're voting for coral for reasons you refuse to explain to us but we're all supposed to believe you're town because if we don't then we are all "idiots and clowns"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4714 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah idk I could go for Meuh/marci lim I guess

I just remembered Meuh opened the day by saying she wanted to lim in Faker/marci but then her play today hasn't really been in any way directed towards that objective
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4715 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Isis »

Pav seemed super comfortable around marci
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4716 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by Aristeia »

i guess i could do some pavo meta to see if he's more comfortable interacting with teammates
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4717 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:43 pm

Post by Faker »

I spent too much time staring at this game and locked indoors in a way that was frankly suffocating and made me very irritable. I've stretched myself then knowing that this is the last I'll get to play for a long time, and it's run concurrently with the stresses of my immediate living situation and the planning of my move to another state, the accompanying structures I'd like to set up for myself there, and the overarching pressures that move represents.

Frankly, I think a marcistar vote is indescribably disgusting. I mean this in a low-stress and low-anxious way I can. I've seen her scumgame, I've compared it to here, I don't think it's even close. Throughout Day 2 she had genuinely curious reactions and pop-ins that went beyond checking boxes, Pavowski was noticeably trying to buddy her essentially from the start, and frankly she's been way too comfortable in her own skin and not self-conscious for the vast majority of the game. This read is my lodestar. I don't care if people think about flipping marcistar as a proxy for flipping Meuh; I am more willing to believe that someone is flying close to the sun with Meuh than I am wrong on marcistar.

I'm not going to write a dissertation on marcistar meta. It's a giant undertaking. It's going to stress me out. The players that need to read it are going to find whatever they can to undermine it and salvage their own perspective. The votes and suggestions she is scum make me physically sick to look at, so I'm choosing not to. If my meta read is wrong, then okay.

I don't think the chance Meuh flips scum is zero. Perhaps someone saw my defense coming, or were betting on
someone
serving as a blockade. I am willing to bet against this and cede them the game if it happened, though. I can type more about my Meuh read that in a vacuum is nulltown, but the fact that myself and marcistar are the only unclears in opposition is enough for me. If she's mafia, someone's going to have to drag me kicking and screaming.

I don't know what to think about Cakez. I know he's probably not scum with Coral after this morning; it's better to just leave me to her than have one of them flipped and interrogated. I disagree with his point about this being marcistar 101 but I can see why he sees AtE/selfdefeatist in a vacuum and says NAI/scumlean. I genuinely struggle to read this player: Maybe he's scum with Skitter (his early read on her was still weird), maybe I'm wrong and he's scum with one of Coral/Meuh, or maybe he's not scum at all. He's not a top preference.

In general I've found skitter town but there are a few strikes against her. First, I think Aristeia was spot on when she said that she was setting up Gamma to be an elim target. There was little to no reason to hard defend her and she's had a pretty nonsensical null-nulltown progression on the slot, and has perpetually flipped to me when she has felt threatened by my slot. Second, I think her entire back/forth with Coral with the extended walls was flat out theater. Third, I think she has been way too focused on getting Meuh through and ignoring any nuance, has not seriously been willing to entertain a vote on Coral beyond only the most surface-level reactions and one/two summations. I think that shows heavy investment in seeing the Meuh flip through lest the slot be spewed town by a flip. Finally, I had some things I wanted to look at with her meta: How usual is it for her to claim things like "I have too many scumreads" as mafia, or to continually push a player to look at one certain slot? I'm not going to get there. This game is stressful and I've read too much.

I think I've typed enough words on Coral. Above all else I still find Pavowski's interactions with her completely damning. She's played very well but I think she doesn't know how to strategically position here, and I think she hasn't had much idea of how to handle me. She only has had the occasional skepticism, and I think there'd be a lot more scrutiny. This is my second lodestar, and if I'm wrong, then okay.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4718 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #4719 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 4717, Faker wrote:I spent too much time staring at this game and locked indoors in a way that was frankly suffocating and made me very irritable. I've stretched myself then knowing that this is the last I'll get to play for a long time, and it's run concurrently with the stresses of my immediate living situation and the planning of my move to another state, the accompanying structures I'd like to set up for myself there, and the overarching pressures that move represents.

Frankly, I think a marcistar vote is indescribably disgusting. I mean this in a low-stress and low-anxious way I can. I've seen her scumgame, I've compared it to here, I don't think it's even close. Throughout Day 2 she had genuinely curious reactions and pop-ins that went beyond checking boxes, Pavowski was noticeably trying to buddy her essentially from the start, and frankly she's been way too comfortable in her own skin and not self-conscious for the vast majority of the game. This read is my lodestar. I don't care if people think about flipping marcistar as a proxy for flipping Meuh; I am more willing to believe that someone is flying close to the sun with Meuh than I am wrong on marcistar.

I'm not going to write a dissertation on marcistar meta. It's a giant undertaking. It's going to stress me out. The players that need to read it are going to find whatever they can to undermine it and salvage their own perspective. The votes and suggestions she is scum make me physically sick to look at, so I'm choosing not to. If my meta read is wrong, then okay.

I don't think the chance Meuh flips scum is zero. Perhaps someone saw my defense coming, or were betting on
someone
serving as a blockade. I am willing to bet against this and cede them the game if it happened, though. I can type more about my Meuh read that in a vacuum is nulltown, but the fact that myself and marcistar are the only unclears in opposition is enough for me. If she's mafia, someone's going to have to drag me kicking and screaming.

I don't know what to think about Cakez. I know he's probably not scum with Coral after this morning; it's better to just leave me to her than have one of them flipped and interrogated. I disagree with his point about this being marcistar 101 but I can see why he sees AtE/selfdefeatist in a vacuum and says NAI/scumlean. I genuinely struggle to read this player: Maybe he's scum with Skitter (his early read on her was still weird), maybe I'm wrong and he's scum with one of Coral/Meuh, or maybe he's not scum at all. He's not a top preference.

In general I've found skitter town but there are a few strikes against her. First, I think Aristeia was spot on when she said that she was setting up Gamma to be an elim target. There was little to no reason to hard defend her and she's had a pretty nonsensical null-nulltown progression on the slot, and has perpetually flipped to me when she has felt threatened by my slot. Second, I think her entire back/forth with Coral with the extended walls was flat out theater. Third, I think she has been way too focused on getting Meuh through and ignoring any nuance, has not seriously been willing to entertain a vote on Coral beyond only the most surface-level reactions and one/two summations. I think that shows heavy investment in seeing the Meuh flip through lest the slot be spewed town by a flip. Finally, I had some things I wanted to look at with her meta: How usual is it for her to claim things like "I have too many scumreads" as mafia, or to continually push a player to look at one certain slot? I'm not going to get there. This game is stressful and I've read too much.

I think I've typed enough words on Coral. Above all else I still find Pavowski's interactions with her completely damning. She's played very well but I think she doesn't know how to strategically position here, and I think she hasn't had much idea of how to handle me. She only has had the occasional skepticism, and I think there'd be a lot more scrutiny. This is my second lodestar, and if I'm wrong, then okay.
you are a magnificent specimen
"Well, I..."
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4720 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Aristeia »

mb I just vote coral because faker cares so much
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4721 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 4601, Ydrasse wrote:Day two ends in 0 days, 22 hours, 33 minutes
I'm gonna be sad this boat trip is almost over
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4722 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Aristeia »

still willing to sheep GL/Isis if they feel super strongly about something otherwise I'm just going to default to voting for Coral cuz Faker is sick of me.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4723 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by Faker »

Aristeia, I thought a lot about how to respond to that GIF.

You can be right on any arbitrary number of players in this game: Zero, one, three, thirteen. It won't change a thing, because none of these possibilities would be surprising to me, and none of them would change my perception of myself or of you.

I have, essentially since the first, disliked or even hated your personality, but never as a player. I can no longer really keep them separate. I am comfortable saying this here and now because it is truly and completely NAI on my part. I really don't want to shitpost with you this game.

I'm not mad at you right now or even upset in general. I was earlier, but I went outside, got some fresh air, read a book and remembered that this game and getting along with or cooperating with you really isn't as stressful or important as I have made it out to be. I stated my feelings about the marcistar vote, as strong as ever, but my intention is not to use them as a bludgeon. 4714 isn't a "follow me" post, and neither is this one.

I encourage you to vote whoever you think is mafia. I'm going to stop there.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4724 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I dunno I just missed you and I have a bad sense of humor sorry if it made you actually disgusted

Return to “Completed Open Games”