Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by Apothecary »

It kinda sucks that we're arguing over whether or not we should be allowed to post in pictures rather than words. When we're playing mafia!

just to get discussion moving
Vote: Corvuus
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:58 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count

MiteyMouse 2 - (Evilgorrilaz, MacavityLock)
Zeppo007 1 - (Atlas)
StrangerCoug 3 - (Primate, Cephrir, Zeppo007)
MacavityLock 1 - (MiteyMouse)
Primate 2 - (Corvuus, SmintyLost23)
Corvuus 2 - (StrangerCoug, Apothecary)

With eleven players alive, it takes six votes to lynch.

Rule reminder

1. This is a game. Have fun. Play to win
but don’t make personal attacks
or use obscene or profane language. Just play your part and help to make the game fun for everyone.

I would prefer not to see posts like 147 and 148 in this game.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:01 am

Post by Corvuus »

Apothecary wrote:It kinda sucks that we're arguing over whether or not we should be allowed to post in pictures rather than words. When we're playing mafia!

just to get discussion moving

If this were real life mafia, it would be like Primate speaking a foreign language, sign language or writing on a piece of paper and hoping one of us can translate.

I have no reason to believe it is a PR. If he posts and says it is voluntary but he *wants* to post in pictures, I can accept that and move on since at the very least if things go badly for town he could drop it and say something.

But if he is keeping up a voluntary PR just for fun and it has a spam of pictures (4-5 pictures just to say he thinks someone is scum) without explanation or reason, then what the heck is that?

I don't even know what his case is or reasons for voting are. He just thinks that they are mafia and that is it?

If it was a different PR (involving laughing, words, stories, etc.) and not just "you can only post in pictures", then I may buy it and think it wasn't voluntary but a Picture PR??

No.

If it were words, at the very least he could attempt to convey nuances of our discussions and what we are doing. As it is, it is pretty much him just saying "yes or no", posting a picture of himself (primate pic) with = sign on something and then "mafia" with his suspicion.

Can any of you tell me that you seriously have a meta, scum-town tells or ANYTHING from primates picture posting? And I don't count knowing him from other games.

Because basically it seems like you are all telling me that it is ok to have a player who will basically be "null-tells" all the way through this entire game and that is horribly bad for town.

How would I build a case against Primate? Quoting his pictures? Trying to argue it is a scum-tell based on pictures?

I am not saying we have to lynch him but we should be considering how strange this is. It is as if he 'claimed townie' and then we are all just going to ignore him for the rest of the game because of a voluntary PR.

--------

If you think it isn't voluntary, tell me why you think that. Even based on Primate's answers I am convinced it is voluntary.

If it was enforced, then he could have posted pictures showing that he had no control over it, it wasn't something he could do anything about since it was decided by mod.

Instead he posts that it is useless to discuss since he is stubborn and not going to change.

That kind of response is made by a person who is doing a VOLUNTARY PR and wants to keep doing his picture act.

If he wants to keep doing his picture act, that is fine, but I won't drop it until he admits it is voluntary (and then he can go back to pictures).

Corvuus
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

Hm. Actually, you're probably right.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

Unvote, Vote: Primate
because stop.
Bartleby the Scrivener
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:45 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm sorry, Corvuus, but I'm not convinced by your case on Primate here.

Cephrir, nice job agreeing with Corvuus and joining the Primate wagon without adding any real content yourself.

FoS: Cephrir
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:23 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

Why don't we ask Primate. Primate, is your posting restriction mod imposed?
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Atlas »

Mod, are post restrictions possible in this Mini?

Assuming it is voluntary I see Primate's play style as both anti-town and scummy. Anti-town because he is limiting the amount of information he could add to the thread; Corvuus elaborated pretty well on this. It's scummy because he can easily make everyone believe that he actually has a PR and thus get by much easier than most of the town. I think it's much more likely that A) Primate is "cleverly" fooling the town into believing nonsense for an easy scum-game, rather than B) a situation in which the mod instilled a picture-only restriction in a game with
"standard roles"
(from the mod herself). My vote is pending depending on how the mod responds.

Mitey is looking scummier and scummier by the post; it's clear that he is just sitting on the fence regarding the situation with Primate. The only thing he has done is ask Primate/the mod several times whether Primate has a PR. What do
you
think, Mitey? And is it suspect at all?
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

It is suspect if it is a self imposed posting restriction. If it is a mod imposed posting restriction than he is using what he can to help out. So, I really need to know where the restriction came from before I can decide if it is Scummy or not.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Atlas »

Do you think it's voluntary or involuntary, given StragerCoug's (?) and Corvuus' cases?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

StrangerCoug wrote:I'm sorry, Corvuus, but I'm not convinced by your case on Primate here.

Cephrir, nice job agreeing with Corvuus and joining the Primate wagon without adding any real content yourself.

I'll explain my thoughts later. Just go with it, K?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Primate »

Corvuus wrote: If this were real life mafia, it would be like Primate speaking a foreign language, sign language or writing on a piece of paper and hoping one of us can translate.

I have no reason to believe it is a PR. If he posts and says it is voluntary but he *wants* to post in pictures, I can accept that and move on since at the very least if things go badly for town he could drop it and say something.

But if he is keeping up a voluntary PR just for fun and it has a spam of pictures (4-5 pictures just to say he thinks someone is scum) without explanation or reason, then what the heck is that?

I don't even know what his case is or reasons for voting are. He just thinks that they are mafia and that is it?

If it was a different PR (involving laughing, words, stories, etc.) and not just "you can only post in pictures", then I may buy it and think it wasn't voluntary but a Picture PR??

No.

If it were words, at the very least he could attempt to convey nuances of our discussions and what we are doing. As it is, it is pretty much him just saying "yes or no", posting a picture of himself (primate pic) with = sign on something and then "mafia" with his suspicion.

Can any of you tell me that you seriously have a meta, scum-town tells or ANYTHING from primates picture posting? And I don't count knowing him from other games.

Because basically it seems like you are all telling me that it is ok to have a player who will basically be "null-tells" all the way through this entire game and that is horribly bad for town.

How would I build a case against Primate? Quoting his pictures? Trying to argue it is a scum-tell based on pictures?

I am not saying we have to lynch him but we should be considering how strange this is. It is as if he 'claimed townie' and then we are all just going to ignore him for the rest of the game because of a voluntary PR.

--------

If you think it isn't voluntary, tell me why you think that. Even based on Primate's answers I am convinced it is voluntary.

If it was enforced, then he could have posted pictures showing that he had no control over it, it wasn't something he could do anything about since it was decided by mod.

Instead he posts that it is useless to discuss since he is stubborn and not going to change.

That kind of response is made by a person who is doing a VOLUNTARY PR and wants to keep doing his picture act.

If he wants to keep doing his picture act, that is fine, but I won't drop it until he admits it is voluntary (and then he can go back to pictures).

Corvuus
Mod, are post restrictions possible in this Mini?
:roll:

+

SmintyLost23
SmintyLost23
Goon
SmintyLost23
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by SmintyLost23 »

Wow I gotta say that graphic organizer is pretty awesome.

Cephrir wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I'm sorry, Corvuus, but I'm not convinced by your case on Primate here.

Um, way to go.
unvote; vote Cephrir
is that a piano??

...and that's terrible
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 pm

Post by Atlas »

SmintyLost23 wrote:Wow I gotta say that graphic organizer is pretty awesome.

Cephrir wrote:

Um, way to go.
unvote; vote Cephrir
That wasn't much better. Reasoning?

FoS: Sminty

Primate that's a pretty nice chart but do you think you could elaborate somewhat?
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:43 am

Post by Atlas »

Primate, are you allowed to post numbers? If so please do so in response.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Primate »

splp
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Primate »

Atlas wrote:Primate, are you allowed to post numbers? If so please do so in response.

Code: Select all

____...
              .-"--"""".__    `.
             |            `    |
   (         `._....------.._.:
    )         .()''        ``().
   '          () .=='  `===  `-.
    . )       (   <o>  <o>    g)
     )         )     /        J
    (          |.   /      . (
    $$         (.  (_'.   , )|`
    ||         |\`-....--'/  ' \
   /||.         \\ | | | /  /   \.
  //||(\         \`-===-'  '     \o.
 .//7' |)         `. --   / (     OObaaaad888b.
 (<<. / |     .a888b`.__.'d\     OO888888888888a.
  \  Y' |    .8888888aaaa88POOOOOO888888888888888.
   \  \ |   .888888888888888888888888888888888888b
    |   |  .d88888P88888888888888888888888b8888888.
    b.--d .d88888P8888888888888888a:f888888|888888b
    88888b 888888|8888888888888888888888888\8888888
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:25 am

Post by Primate »

Atlas wrote:Primate that's a pretty nice chart but do you think you could elaborate somewhat?
=

Zeppo007
Zeppo007
Townie
Zeppo007
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Zeppo007 »

I've got a question for Primate. You seem pretty set on StrangerCoug being guilty do you have any extra info as part of Role that would give you this info? If not can you show us some quotes that have given you this high suspicion of Coug?
"Life is short and hard like a body building elf"
-Jimmy Pop Ali - Bloodhound Gang
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Zeppo007 wrote:I've got a question for Primate. You seem pretty set on StrangerCoug being guilty do you have any extra info as part of Role that would give you this info? If not can you show us some quotes that have given you this high suspicion of Coug?
This. I think that the biggest part of what we're missing from Primate is analysis of why he thinks people are scummy/not scummy. If this is a real restriction, then Primate can:
a) Post numbers. (post 16)
b) Post letters. (post 165)
c) Post pictures with words in them. (posts 147, 161)
Therefore, no matter whether you have a PR or not, you can come up with a way to talk sanely to us. Start giving us analysis, or I'll stop giving you the benefit of the doubt.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

Zeppo007 wrote:I've got a question for Primate. You seem pretty set on StrangerCoug being guilty do you have any extra info as part of Role that would give you this info? If not can you show us some quotes that have given you this high suspicion of Coug?
Stop fishing.
Atlas
Atlas
Goon
Atlas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Atlas »

Zeppo, have you ever seen a straight answer to a yes or no question from Primate yet? Imo it's getting futile and redundant. And I don't think Primate would have information regarding StrangerCoug's alignment on Day 1 in a game with standard roles (except for a masonry, but that wouldn't explain why Primate has written Coug off as scum).

I'm not sure what his last three posts mean but apparently he can post numbers and pictures with words. If he is allowed to do all of this, but cannot communicate "directly" with the town, I would consider his PR too complex for this town. If it's all a play for reactions or something then it is just distracting everyone.
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Corvuus »

---

I don't think Primate is scum. My point was just to see what kind of PR it was, how far he could go, etc.

Unvote

------

SC, why don't you tell us what you think of who is your top two picks for being the most scummy.

I will gladly tell you mine.

Corvuus
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Cephrir »

If you're giving up, I will as well. I was hoping if we got enough votes on Primate he would give it up, but if the wagon's greatest supporter is going to jump ship it'll never work.

Unvote
Bartleby the Scrivener
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:00 am

Post by MacavityLock »

You know what, screw it. I'm done talking about Primate for now.
Apothecary wrote:just to get discussion moving
I'm not sure I understand this. When you made this vote, it brought Corvuus up to two votes, which is barely any pressure. What discussion were you trying to bring us to? Why choose Corvuus and not someone else?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”