(CoheedCambria09)
Vi -
(The Internet)
Natirasha -
(hasdgfas)
hasdgfas -
(Vi)

Not voting: MafiaSSK, Natirasha

With 15 alive, it will take 8 to lynch. The deadline for day 1 will be Saturday, December 6.

hasdgfas replaces Scattered as soon as he picks up his role PM.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 119 wrote:The first quote says that there may be more relevance - not a why because, really, the why can't come out until later. The latter, by nature, if discussed by anyone with votes out limits the pool the scum are going to hit.
I don't really follow the reasoning here, because it assumes that the scum either know what it means or have a good idea of what it could mean... which in turn assumes it has meaning in the first place. As far as limiting who the scum are going to hit, I would call predictability in NKs rather decent anyway.

I'm as against hypotheticals as anyone else, but this seems like an attempt to silence (permanently) someone for talking about what was on everyone's minds, and I think it's a useless ground for a lynch.
DGb 124 wrote:What, Vi is also faking a PR???
Was. I was bored.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Vi »

Xylthixlm 125 wrote:hasdgfas replaces Scattered as soon as he picks up his role PM.
This
is
an all-star cast...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:24 am

Post by SpyreX »

I don't really follow the reasoning here, because it assumes that the scum either know what it means or have a good idea of what it could mean... which in turn assumes it has meaning in the first place. As far as limiting who the scum are going to hit, I would call predictability in NKs rather decent anyway.

I'm as against hypotheticals as anyone else, but this seems like an attempt to silence (permanently) someone for talking about what was on everyone's minds, and I think it's a useless ground for a lynch.
Everyone was thinking about what that vote list meant on some level - it was a natural topic of discussion. Coming out with "its related to PR's" directly only serves to guide the discussion towards scum-advancing goals. Or, kill it all together.
What, Vi is also faking a PR???
I'm not sure what I think about catching animo's fake but not Vi's when Vi's was discussed far more: P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Korts »

I don't really like DGB going after vaguely, but not especially anti-town tells when tubby's actions and the others' reactions actually may show something. This looks like fake scumhunting. What exactly are you expecting to devulge from the reaction to your vote, DGB? Or what purpose otherwise does it serve?

Also, hi, hascow!
scumchat never die
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 128 wrote:Everyone was thinking about what that vote list meant on some level - it was a natural topic of discussion. Coming out with "its related to PR's" directly only serves to guide the discussion towards scum-advancing goals. Or, kill it all together.
It's kind of annoying that PR has two different meanings in recent conversation.

The idea that it could have something to do with power roles is IMO the obvious explanation I can think of for the vote count, and I'm not surprised tubby thought of it. I personally think that there is a different reason for the votes being the way they are, but talking about it won't mean much.

Nonetheless, it's not like tubby was warned beforehand Not To Talk About It, and at the risk of sounding repetitive he IS new and proved it in his guess at what the votes meant. The wagon on him based on Post 18 basically bites.

Also
Unvote: hasdgfas
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Natirasha »

Vi wrote:suggest the following language: {'.', '?', ' ', [quotes], '
Vote: [name]
', '
Unvote: [name];
', '
Unvote;
'}
Suggesting code to render Natirasha less useless:
. -> Yes/I agree/otherwise affirmative reaction
? -> No/I disagree/otherwise negative reaction
.. -> See something that has been said earlier
?? -> Cannot answer question as stated
... -> No comment/neutral reaction
??? -> What are you talking about?
.?.?.?. -> STFU
[anything else] -> I really just want to annoy you
Querying legality and pooling objections.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

has, she faked computer stuff.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Vi »

@Natirasha: Awesome :D

@animorpherv1: Would you like to talk about a subject that's actually useful for us?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

I'm here. At least this hasn't gotten too far. I should be able to catch up quickly.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:00 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

DGB, why do you feel that worthy of a vote?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 am

Post by tubby216 »

i'm still here, a lil lost at this point,,, so i'll sit down and let the grown folks talk,
just wanted to let you know I am not lurking.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:19 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

MafiaSSK wrote:DGB, why do you feel that worthy of a vote?
I can't think of any scenario where that's pro-town behavior. The only purpose is to hide oneself behind a 'restriction' to prolong personal survival in the game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Korts »

Ok, that's just an excuse for a vote. It was obvious from the word go that it was faked, therefore I don't see the harm in it.
scumchat never die
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Vi »

Korts wrote:Ok, that's just an excuse for a vote. It was obvious from the word go that it was faked, therefore I don't see the harm in it.
I second this for obvious reasons.

Waiting on the cow, and animorpherv1, and The Internet, and DoomCow, etc.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:56 am

Post by ZazieR »

I don't raise my hand yet.
I'm bothered by a few things.
Tubby wrote:i would think it has something to do with power roles that those that have them have the most votes to intice them to be more active but thats just pure speculation
Tubby wrote:i thought i was honestly helping but hey if i have to get lynched to tell the town who the true scum are so be it, someone has to get lynched day one might as well be me
I believe that he's talking about the first quote in his second post. However, I don't see how his 'theory' will show us who the scum are. I want Tubby to explain this.
Tubby wrote:I think crazy is defending me because when i get lynched, flip town he gets to sit back and say "see i told you so" then be able to set up korts ans spyrex as bieng scum pair since they lead the charge.
Or he doesn't think that your scum and wants to show this to us. Shifting attention perhaps?
Tubby wrote:my last post and vote for crazy was simply trying to save my own skin
Or you could try to search for scum. If you're town, you will still win when town wins even when you're dead. Giving your thoughts and your suspcions to us, is more helpful than saving your own skin.
Tubby wrote:if i tried to make to big of a case agianst korts its omgus.
So? There are players who see OMGUS as scummy, however if you can show that Korts is scummy, it doesn't mean a thing.
I'm getting the feeling that you think Korts is scum, so show us why you think this.
Tubby wrote:so i'll sit down and let the grown folks talk
Your thoughts could be helpful. Just saying.

Vi, why did you ask the questions of post 105?

Doomcow, give YOUR reasons for voting Tubby. You only said that you didn't like one of Tubby's posts. Why? And any other reasons for vting Tubby?

So DGB, why Ani over Vi regarding their 'Post Restriction'?

To those players who haven't given their opinion about Tubby yet, can you do so? It would be nice to see what everyone thinks about Tubby.

With that said
Unvote Vote Tubby
Ignore the ''R''
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Vi »

ZazieR 140 wrote:Vi, why did you ask the questions of post 105?
You mean these, correct?
Vi 105 wrote:That said, tubby's last post and vote on Crazy are positively awful, doing a wonderful job of proving farside's accusation correct. So tubby, three things I want you to answer.
1) Do you think you will be the D1 lynch?
2) Do you want to be lynched D1?
3) Is it scummy for people to decide against making you the D1 lynch?
As of that time, tubby was trying to take control of his own destiny and doing... well, not well. While I thought the wagon against him was a sick joke in the first place, that vote on Crazy wiped away my opinion on how defensible his position could be. Thus, I asked him these questions to get exactly what his stance was about.

Is there something wrong?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:18 am

Post by ZazieR »

I meant those.
I was wondering what purpose they had.
Ignore the ''R''
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:34 am

Post by tubby216 »

@zazier,
I do truly feel that korts in scummy but for right now it’s a feeling and I only have a few minor things to point out
Korts wrote:Note to town: I have a vague idea that this initial votecount has more relevance than just a starting point. It may outline connections or other information. As of now, I'm copying its current state into my notes, because if it contains any relevant information, Xyl is bound to change it eventually.
That was his initial post about the pre vote count thingy, since he brought it up I figured it was ok to post what I thought it all meant. Plus he doesn't even take any heat for it,, i mean no one calls him on it thill way later

To me this post seems more and more like a set up, experienced scum wouldn’t bite at this nor would they bring it up until later game say day 3 or 4 or even wait until a LYLO situation,
Korts wrote:tubby turning on Crazy seems like distancing, to be honest. It was too quick and without consideration, although he does throw in the idea of Crazy-scum leading a witchhunt against SpyreX/me in the event of tubby-town being lynched. Thing is, newbie scum don't always know measure, in my limited experience with them. They might start bussing too hard, too early, or buddying up too obviously. For now, I believe tubby's distancing, because he believes himself to be dangerously close to lynching as opposed to slightly closer than others.
Then there is this response to my thoughts on crazy, I posted this and voted for crazy cause I honestly it was the only other case I could see to make,,

I honestly believe it could be korts leading the lynch for me is scummy, why,
Because either way its win win for him,

If I flip scum he wins because he led the charge to get scum lynched

If I flip town he wins because my actions were to newbish and too scummy therefore I need to be taught a lesson which he stated here

Korts wrote:
Crazy wrote:And I don't believe Appeal to Emotion or "getting worked up over a vote" is a scum-tell either. I mean, none of you have ever seen a worked up newbie before?
Dicouraging use of a common scum tactic by pressuring or even lynching is, in my opinion, entirely valid. And the particular setup speculation on tubby's part served scum motives, since it could easily have outed power roles by them either confirming or denying the theory's validity.

What else are you going to discount as newbtell or anti-town, not scummy? You're making an awfully big show of defending tubby, any reason?
Also in this post he is also polarizing the town, those for my lynch and those opposed
I think that whoever korts’ partner or partner’s are more than likely on the other side, against my lynch, reason ( and I may be reaching here but it’s a theory)

When I am lynched everyone will be looking hard at those that were for my lynch now if the partner is against it then leads the charge against korts it will cement the idea in the towns mind that that partner is innocent and will simply have to lay low and pick the town off one by one.

As to why I said “I’ll sit down now and let the grown folks talk”

Mainly everytime I post I put my foot in my mouth and get further into trouble and it seems like real scum hunting is starting,, and my lesson/spankin/instructional period was over so I was showin that I am paying attention I was simply goin over everything again and piece it all together.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Korts »

Ok, let's make this clear. I honestly don't think tubby is up for a lynch as of yet. His actions can be explained away with a simple explanation that he didn't realize he was rolefishing, and when pressured, it is simply a newbtell to resort to Appeal to Emotion.

I wanted to see how many people would follow in my wake if I pressured tubby for it. I'm looking at SpyreX right now, pretty hard, especially after he professed to being comfortable lynching tubby after page 5 and two valid but far from solid tells dropped.

unvote, vote: SpyreX
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:12 am

Post by Korts »

EBWOP: didn't read tubby's post.
tubby wrote:That was his initial post about the pre vote count thingy, since he brought it up I figured it was ok to post what I thought it all meant. Plus he doesn't even take any heat for it,, i mean no one calls him on it thill way later
Thing is, though, I wasn't rolefishing (although I don't actually believe you were intending to). Your theory was attackable, while mine was simply that the first vote count may be of some importance, and it is important that I didn't speak or want us to speak about specifics.
tubby wrote:Then there is this response to my thoughts on crazy, I posted this and voted for crazy cause I honestly it was the only other case I could see to make,,
I agree, to an extent, that you didn't have much choice other than to either "OMGUS" or take a jab at those protecting you. Nonetheless, the context of the vote was, again, attackable.
tubby wrote:I honestly believe it could be korts leading the lynch for me is scummy, why,
Because either way its win win for him,

If I flip scum he wins because he led the charge to get scum lynched

If I flip town he wins because my actions were to newbish and too scummy therefore I need to be taught a lesson which he stated here
I do hold that my pushing your case was entirely valid and based on pretty solid evidence for the amount of information so far; I don't exactly like how you paint it like I would only have motivation as scum to push for your lynch.
tubby wrote:Also in this post he is also polarizing the town, those for my lynch and those opposed
That was exactly my intent, to get someone to state that they actually feel good about your
lynch
based on this evidence, and not just your wagon, because it wouldn't be sensible to lynch on this case, at this stage of the game.

Don't get all worked up, you just need to get ahold of yourself.
scumchat never die
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Scattered »

Would have been nice to have a prod first before being replaced out. I've had a very busy week, and I leave email alert enabled for PM's, assuming that I will get a prod as a warning/reminder if I am inactive the game too long.

But I guess I was far longer than 48 hours, so good luck to my replacement.

A prod was sent. I deleted it from the outbox when I replaced you.
Looking for someone with modding experience to review a mini theme, pm me if interested.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:09 am

Post by tubby216 »

@korts,
ok, notes taken lesson learned, re-reading, will post agian soonest
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:29 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

Vi wrote:
Korts wrote:Ok, that's just an excuse for a vote. It was obvious from the word go that it was faked, therefore I don't see the harm in it.
I second this for obvious reasons.

Waiting on the cow, and animorpherv1, and The Internet, and DoomCow, etc.
Thirded.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:02 am

Post by DoomCow »

I certainly don't like invented PR's, even if they're claimed to be false at forehand. Therefore I'm getting a bit suspicious about Animrpherv1 and Vi (especially the first fake PR he used, the one that wasn't anounced as fake at forehand).

I'm gonna be needing a reread soon, but I'm not sure when I get the time to do a full read. I'm still up with the game as it goes though..
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”