Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Porkens wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
Porkens wrote:This whole business of """""""random""""""" (notice all the quotes) serum assignment is like communism (only works in theory).

You know
this
how?
Which part?
... Communism. :roll:

What do you think? I'm talking about plan 3. How do you "know" it won't work?
Porkens wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
Porkens wrote:I will not now, nor will I ever, vote for anyone in this game (including myself) to get powers.
That's fine and dandy, but if everyone else disagrees with your sentiment, do you plan to maintain that stance and refuse to help us?
Yes.
That's anti-town.
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by Timeater »

@Wall-E

Answer my question please?
watch for the eggshells
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Timeater wrote:Wall-E what do you think about post #117?

Doesn't that just break the whole random thing?
Timeater's post 117 wrote:Adding a downside to 1 and 3:

- If a metalloid does not receive the serum, it is very possible the scum can/will just kill the serum beneficiary the night a townie recieves it.

I really wish I knew how many metalloids there were in the game. (Not fishing. Really.)
Can't be helped. No matter what we do with the serum, the scum are going to know who got it. I'm willing to bet the mod compensated for this fact somehow. Probably a high number of metal townies? I have faith in Natirasha.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:17 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Timeater wrote:@Wall-E

Answer my question please?
RELAX SON
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Post by Timeater »

:mrgreen: sorry its 2am, I've yet to sleep, and I dont have anything better to do.
Can't be helped. No matter what we do with the serum, the scum are going to know who got it. I'm willing to bet the mod compensated for this fact somehow. Probably a high number of metal townies? I have faith in Natirasha.
Kind of wanted a better answer other than

Sorry dats life
Oh well lol
Guess the mod #1
maybe bigfoot IS real
Guess the mod #3

We could do a random vote today, see how it goes, and then proceed through tomorrow with caution. I think thats a solid plan.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by Wall-E »

The more I consider this conundrum, the more I like the randomized recipient idea. I vote for
Plan 3
. Who's with me?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:19 am

Post by geraintm »

Wall-E wrote:

1) Randomly. The odds that any one player is town are ~78%. If we went down the player list assigning the serum (or rolled a die each day) we'd have good odds of creating several pro-town power roles versus the scum's potentially only two or three.
i would just give it to the person i want to lynch, my day one instincts are so bad whoever i think is scum day one always turns out town
Seraphim wrote:Sorry about not posting sooner. Do you think someone could give me a brief summary of the posts besides the one guy claiming metal townie? Has anything else happened that should be brought to my attention?
lazy posting ^^^

timeater - would like to beleive him, but frankly i am scared at the moment, i don't like everyone trying to guess the mod's plans and tim's claim hasnt helped me much

serum, am iright in thinking then it gives something liek cop/vig for one day to a player?
Porkens wrote:I say we give no one the Serum, ever. Problem solved.
i see positives for both sides of the argument.
one, wrong hands = risky
but i don't think the mod wouldn't have put it in there if it wasnt for power reasons, he must think we need it, so saying never i donthink is a good idea eitehr.
i dont mind people campaigning for the serum, whether it influences me one way or the other depends on the person
i don't want it, i will go all William Tecumseh Sherman on you all
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Gremwell »

The serum has been nerfed substantially, which I think is good, I wouldnt mind giving it to someone today since it only lasts a night, it'd be better to try it now and see what happens rather than later in the game when it could potentially cause much more damage
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Suspicious that Porkens said that to get the serum. I've got a list of players with the word Serum Candidates written above it. So far five players have been crossed off it.
Normally I would too, however - the timing really made me think its genuine. The response as well. I could be wrong, but hey.

As for the Plans laid out.

For today, and possibly tomorrow, I would be in favor of plan 3. However, not for the whole game - there should come a point when we can shift it to a information-based meritocracy (depending on how the PR's granted play out).

So, yes, I'm fine with 3 for nowish - I'll say right now if that random comes up Time he's not getting it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Wall-E wrote:
Porkens wrote:I will not now, nor will I ever, vote for anyone in this game (including myself) to get powers.
That's anti-town.
I, obviously, don't think it is. I will do my best to prevent distribution of the Serum.
Wall-E wrote: I'm putting it forward as intentional. I thought of doing the same thing in the hopes that I'd get the reaction Spyrex gave from someone, but decided not to thinking it would be a little transparent. Apparently I was wrong if I'm the only one who thinks this.
You admit to considering intentionally decieving the town about your motives and opinions in order to get the Serum. And you admit it freely.

Do you wish to further interpret that SpyreX and I planned the exchange from the begining?

Either way, your interpretation of my action is wrong.
geraintm wrote: but i don't think the mod wouldn't have put it in there if it wasnt for power reasons, he must think we need it, so saying never i donthink is a good idea eitehr.
You say we are Mod's chosen people. You say we would be doing Mod's work. You say it's Mod's intent. What you forget is this: Mod is not on our side.

That said;
Geraintm wrote: I dont mind people campaigning for the serum, whether it influences me one way or the other depends on the person
Me either, and I hope those of you that don't agree with me about not using the Serum DO argue why we should use is and who should get it.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Timeater »

The serum has been nerfed substantially, which I think is good, I wouldnt mind giving it to someone today since it only lasts a night, it'd be better to try it now and see what happens rather than later in the game when it could potentially cause much more damage
Oh. Oopsiedaisies. "Serum only lasts one day/night cycle."

Missed that. I think Nati might have changed the serum idea a little considering he might not have forseen the mafia would just kill whoever got it.

That considered, I'm fine with
plan 3
, a random serum assignment.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, lets have the others weigh in and then we can get to the important bits - lynching scum.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Timeater »

You dont think we should do serum/mycosynth before a lynch?

Because you realize when the lynch majority is hit the day is overzorz.

People I wish would post more:

Iron Man (Replacement Plz)
Illumina (yet to post)
Tuberkulos
TonyMontana
Seraphim
watch for the eggshells
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I am going to clear up this matter. The serum was originally created with the idea that it only lasts one cycle and the "three-tries" cause. I simply forgot to add this to the rules at first.

Secondly, I am going to give an
Official Warning--timeater
, and say that I will modkill the next person who posts images in my game.

Vote Count Soon
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Vote Count 1.3 wrote:
Vote Count

ortolan(1): SpyreX
Porkens(1): Wall-E

Serum Count

Wall-E(1): Wall-E
Porkens(1): SpyreX

Mycosynth Count

ortolan(1): Wall-E
Timeater(1): SpyreX
SpyreX(1): Timeater

To lynch/mycosynth/serum: Seven
Deadline: Monday, November 10, 2008
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Timeater »

:oops:

Thank you for your noble mercy, O' great Planeswalker dragon :bows and kisses feet: Wont happen again!
watch for the eggshells
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:59 am

Post by Wall-E »

Porkens wrote:
Wall-E wrote:
That's anti-town.
I, obviously, don't think it is. I will do my best to prevent distribution of the Serum.
Can you give me a well-reasoned argument why I should agree to your plan? I am asking because if you give me reasons I can agree with I might change my vote for which plan I will follow.
Porkens wrote:
Wall-E wrote:I'm putting it forward as intentional. I thought of doing the same thing in the hopes that I'd get the reaction Spyrex gave from someone, but decided not to thinking it would be a little transparent. Apparently I was wrong if I'm the only one who thinks this.
You admit to considering intentionally decieving the town about your motives and opinions in order to get the Serum. And you admit it freely.

Do you wish to further interpret that SpyreX and I planned the exchange from the begining?

Either way, your interpretation of my action is wrong.
Your wording and timing leave me suspicious. That is all I'm saying. It was closely following Spyrex's statement of intent which hinted that he would assign the serum to people who did not necessarily try to gain it.
Porkens wrote:
geraintm wrote: but i don't think the mod wouldn't have put it in there if it wasnt for power reasons, he must think we need it, so saying never i donthink is a good idea eitehr.
You say we are Mod's chosen people. You say we would be doing Mod's work. You say it's Mod's intent. What you forget is this: Mod is not on our side.
Both assertions are ridiculous. I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. The term WIFOM sounds applicable to this scenario, in my opinion.
Geraintm wrote:That said;
Porkens wrote:I dont mind people campaigning for the serum, whether it influences me one way or the other depends on the person
Me either, and I hope those of you that don't agree with me about not using the Serum DO argue why we should use is and who should get it.
I gave my own argument already. I expect the same from you on your position. Again, not an attack. I seek only enlightenment.

Mod: Thanks for clearing the air! See below:

It's interesting how the trinity of vote categories seems to divide the town's attention considerably, yet I feel we've gotten more done by page seven than in any other game I've played on this site. I've played games IRL and in chat format, and the major component of those games is trigger-quick thinking. This community adds a whole new layer of logic and careful data processing to the achievement of victory, but this game has felt quicker and more intense by far than any other I've played here. I think the culprit is the addition of two new goals for the players to achieve each day; it causes a psychological sense that more is being done in the same (mechanically) amount of time. Please don't post to comment only on this paragraph, folks!
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Another game with Wall-E? NOOoo
oo
! =] Replacing Iron Man. Reread coming.
Unvote/Unserum/Unmycosynth
if I have any out.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Timeater »

testing

A fatal flaw in the random die plan:

A person can just refresh the die-results until they get the desired effect by previewing the page over and over again. So we cant trust anyone to give us proper die results. For instance, I wanted a die roll here of say, 7:

d12 = 303491088
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by Timeater »

Ooook, well thats good. Results will refresh anew after submission :D
watch for the eggshells
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by ortolan »

Few things:

I think it is in town's best interests to assign the serum each day, if it is correct as someone suggested that town proportion is around 75%. Unless of course to balance this the powers the scum gain from the serum outweigh the helpful powers the townies gain from getting it, to balance it out.

I also strongly get the impression that the proportion of mafia who are steel would be greater than the proportion of townies who are steel. I could be wrong, however it is also strongly implied by Timeater's role pm: "you decide to help the fleshies", assuming he is telling the truth about it.

I am all for randomly assigning the serum but how are we going to do it?

Is it indeed possible to manipulate the random dice rolls? If so how is this going to work? Also, presumably everyone should contribute to the random picking with their own dice roll, but is how is that going to work also? Are we just going to do it according to whose number comes up the most often?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by ortolan »

Sorry, I think I need another rule clarification. I think from Nicholas Bolas' previous post the serum/mycosynth, if they've reached a majority vote, only get assigned once someone has been lynched.

If this is the case, what does "serum only lasts one day/night cycle mean"

Does that mean it only lasts for the night straight after it was assigned, or the next day also?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

ortolan wrote:Sorry, I think I need another rule clarification. I think from Nicholas Bolas' previous post the serum/mycosynth, if they've reached a majority vote, only get assigned once someone has been lynched.

If this is the case, what does "serum only lasts one day/night cycle mean"

Does that mean it only lasts for the night straight after it was assigned, or the next day also?
Night + Next day
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Timeater »

I thought it was possible, but just proved myself wrong ortolan. I mean unless someone has the ability to edit posts I dont think its possible to mess with the process. Once enough people have decided that a random assignment is OK, I dont have an issue with who does the actual die role. I'll do it, idc.
I was wondering that also. I was also wondering what he meant by "the three-tries cause".

Also its really time for the people who haven't posted much to start posting.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Timeater »

Night + Next day
Oook.
watch for the eggshells