Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh there's 36 hours left I thought there was less.

I think imma go update the votals manually. I'm not sure if the vote on top is 4-4 or 4-3.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Crescent »

In hindsight trying to do this on phone was a terrible idea give me a moment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Crescent »

BBT/Elsa/Corwin on Gibus
NM/Gera on Vivax
Vivax on me
Gibus is on BBT

Huh. I thought Gibus was at 4.

Eira's on no one. Alex is... "technically" also on BBT as he voted Goldfish right at the start of the day before the replacement happened, forgot to unvote when the replacement happened, and hasn't voted for anyone else. I haven't placed a vote today.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Crescent »

And of course for all the obvious things I can miss, I'll catch something as obtuse as "Alex is actually on BBT because of a vote he made over 500 posts ago that everyone forgot about~

My brain is an odd little place.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:30 am

Post by Alexcellent »

I didn't forget to unvote, I just didn't unvote

p-edit: there ya go
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:34 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh ok fair enough.

So why are you still on BBT now anyways?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Alexcellent »

I'm not interested in launching Vivax or Corwin today.
Mixed feelings on Gibus. I would prefer Not_Mafia over Gibus.
BBT's more recent posts are better but I'm not convinced that the slot isn't scum.

I'd launch Elsa/NM/BBT today.

P-Edit: I found Goldfish to be scummy and BBT's entrance didn't do enough to convince me of otherwise
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Crescent »

BBT's playerslot just weirds me out for reasons I've already detailed, but I do still think that if that slot is scum, Goldfish was getting virtually no help from her team to help her actually engage in the game (the uselessness was flagrant). This would suggest to me there's more low-posting scum out there who didn't have an argument to handfeed her to use.

Then BBT pops in and throws his vote around like he's on drugs, then after parking on Gibus asks me to join him when I was one of the early votes he placed to begin with. That entire exchange with me going from 3 votes to having two people voting each other and asking me to join felt bizarre.

#1351 is such a ridiculous looking countervote in direct response to #1350 that it doesn't feel pre-planned.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1474, Crescent wrote:Anyways my problem is.. I kinda don't like either of the trains. I like an Elsa train more than both a Vivax train and a Gibus train.

Vivax has more scum equity than Gibus, but also moments like this one where it's hard to see scum just popping in like that to rehash his old bad argument that never got anywhere in the first place.
More likely to come from barely trying town than it is from lurking scum.
That's not a metric, you are trying to be too right again, and Toffee is doing the same thing on gibus.

Difference: My argument is good.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Yeah, these are valid points tbh. Thing that gives me doubt is his posts do come across as someone organically catching up on the game but that might be NAI.
I have seen games where I've read the scum thread afterwards and there's been shockingly little interaction between scum, so I don't think it's far fetched for Goldfish slot to have been scum. But I don't think that wagon is happening today.

I think I'm just doing this and see what happens.

UNVOTE: BBT
VOTE: NotMafia
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh it absolutely is a quantifiable metric. It's a significant part of why I'm practically townclearing Corwin.

It is very very rare to see scum make the kind of vote and followthrough that Corwin did with me.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:04 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I see town is intent on cannibalising itself.

Good stuff, good stuff.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1484, Alexcellent wrote:Yeah, these are valid points tbh. Thing that gives me doubt is his posts do come across as someone organically catching up on the game but that might be NAI.
I have seen games where I've read the scum thread afterwards and there's been shockingly little interaction between scum, so I don't think it's far fetched for Goldfish slot to have been scum. But I don't think that wagon is happening today.

I think I'm just doing this and see what happens.

UNVOTE: BBT
VOTE: NotMafia
Oh yes this does happen. My last scumgame was with a first-time newbie who knew nothing about mafia, and a hater who's been bashing me for over 5 years who basically refused to play as scum with me.

95% of that scumchat was me musing to myself over what to do because the newbie was in over his head and the other guy didn't care.... And I basically soloed and received 0 votes the entire game. So... Elsa can theorycraft all she wants about how I'd apparently implode as scum with a useless team~

The difference between at least most of Elsa's theories and mine is mine are supported by evidence and hers aren't.

I do think BBT needs more time to get established though. A vote there today kind of feels premature.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Crescent »

Also NM is our last-case scenario vote today. If vig has another shot it's significantly better for town for vig to blow him up rather than burn a day on policy voting him, as the game is currently at an even number. This means even if he flips town, his death doesn't do any significant harm to town because it does not reduce the number of days we have.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:16 am

Time is running out and people are voting vanity wagons.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1362, gibus wrote:
In post 1358, Crescent wrote:How did this day suddenly turn to me being -3 and just as suddenly turn into two guys voting for each other and vying for my hand?

This entire progression feels unnatural.

Gibus why did you vote BBT? I think his inquiry was rational.
I've definitely answered all of his queries sufficiently, but he makes no attempt to reconsider. Town is never that confident on scumreads.
It seems like he's doing everything in his power to throw hade at my iso (try hard entry for example, which obviously isn't genuine town thought process)
I am conflicted by this post.
Town is never that confident on scumreads.
Unsure how you can have this mindset and also think Corwin and Vivax are both town. Those dudes have spent 98% of this game confident that each other are scum with the flimsiest arguments and you think they're TvT. (I agree btw, I also think they're probably TvT), but BBT is scum for being confident. The defensive vote with this as the reason is iffy.

The thing here conflicting me is that I feel BBT's push on Gibus is quite forced and I don't mind the rest of Gibus's reaction - but this stands out to me.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Cres my evidence is there but since it's about you you are biased against it tho? Heck Alex even agreed it was decent earlier and I've worded it way better now.

Edit:

Assuming the usual launch, scum kill, and possible vigi shot, we would go down to 7 people, with possibly 1 scum death here from our votes and NotMaf getting shot in the head.

Assuming worst case scenario tho it'll be something like 2v5 and we do, in fact, lose a day of discussion completely.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:22 am

Alex, name a better elim?
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Alexcellent »

BlueBloodedToffee
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1489, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Time is running out and people are voting vanity wagons.
We have ~35 hours left. Wouldn't quite say it's running out yet. NM being nothing but a "vanity wagon".. I could see that.

My issue is this looks like it's coming down to Gibus or Vivax and I'm not enthused on either train.

Vivax feels like stubborn town who just can't figure out his argument sucks (I'm not even the only person to say it's lacking), and Gibus is a mixed bag who makes genuine feeling posts that I admit would also be easy to fake but I kinda just don't think they're fake.

And Elsa just feels like opportunistic scum that's been lurking in the background letting people do things for her. The little she contributes on her own in the way of "game solving", she can't back up with actual fact.

But now we have 5 people with votes on them and I'm reluctant to make a 6th. I had this same issue yesterday where I wanted to go after George first but didn't want to create yet another new wagon in the process.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:28 am

In post 1493, Alexcellent wrote:BlueBloodedToffee
Go for it
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1490, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 1362, gibus wrote:
In post 1358, Crescent wrote:How did this day suddenly turn to me being -3 and just as suddenly turn into two guys voting for each other and vying for my hand?

This entire progression feels unnatural.

Gibus why did you vote BBT? I think his inquiry was rational.
I've definitely answered all of his queries sufficiently, but he makes no attempt to reconsider. Town is never that confident on scumreads.
It seems like he's doing everything in his power to throw hade at my iso (try hard entry for example, which obviously isn't genuine town thought process)
I am conflicted by this post.
Town is never that confident on scumreads.
Unsure how you can have this mindset and also think Corwin and Vivax are both town. Those dudes have spent 98% of this game confident that each other are scum with the flimsiest arguments and you think they're TvT. (I agree btw, I also think they're probably TvT), but BBT is scum for being confident. The defensive vote with this as the reason is iffy.

The thing here conflicting me is that I feel BBT's push on Gibus is quite forced and I don't mind the rest of Gibus's reaction - but this stands out to me.
The argument against Corwin day 1 was not flimsy at all. The argument against him today, though...

And yes Corwin has never had a good argument on Vivax all game that I can remember.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Corwinoid »

Jesus Christ Alex, NM is not the elim today. Why are so many of you hell bent on being grossly anti-town over this? Put your damn emotions aside for a minute and look at it rationally.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:29 am

Post by Alexcellent »

UNVOTE: NotMafia
VOTE: Elsa
Alexcellent
Alexcellent