He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 574, Vivax wrote:
In post 542, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 299, Vivax wrote:Is there really a chance he's jester?
I have read this half a dozen times now while re-reading and updating notes... and every time it just sticks out like a fucking sore thumb. Why in the world would you think/suggest this?
It's the first thing he posted.
If he's as good at telling the truth as he is at voting mafia, I should be worried.
Jester ain't allowed in Normal games. He says it every game too.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:10 am

Post by Crescent »

I asked this earlier and never got an answer that I can remember. Is Jester actually a thing here? I've played with Jester as a hard banned role for several years.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 575, Elsa Jay wrote:
I have read this half a dozen times now while re-reading and updating notes... and every time it just sticks out like a fucking sore thumb. Why in the world would you think/suggest this?
If he's as good at telling the truth as he is at voting mafia, I should be worried.
Jester ain't allowed in Normal games. He says it every game too.
Oh there we go.

Who asked this first?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Vivax »

And Corwin knew that?

Did Corwin play with not_mafia claiming jester in one of his three games 6? yearso ago?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:16 am

Post by Crescent »

If Corwin asked first I could see it being a reasonably uninformed question that's just NAI. I don't see it being an argument against him.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 579, Crescent wrote:If Corwin asked first I could see it being a reasonably uninformed question that's just NAI. I don't see it being an argument against him.
No, I asked if NM can be jester. Corwin is saying that he thinks it's scummy when he reads it over and over again.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 525, Crescent wrote:
In post 519, Vivax wrote:
In post 514, Corwinoid wrote:How in the hell do you go from me asking someone to make a plain point so we're on the same page and now things, to me suggest we "keep knowing nothing"?
Because you still didn't post a read on GeorgeBayley.
Your main goal seems to dismiss arguments, not build them.

If you are town and the wagon next to you is GeorgeBayley, and you don't know the alignment of GeorgeBayley, you can save yourself by getting him voted, which is the correct play 100% of the time.
And this is the biggest issue I have from him. Right there.
Then vote for him?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Crescent »

If your join date is any indication, this is your first game here. I don't see why that would be scummy. There's a very specific meta about third parties out of the blue that I'm used to and is actually fairly accurate, but Jester has never been in that meta, nor do I know if that meta even applies here.

It's basically just a total null, but it plays into the feeling that he's spending too much time on himself and not looking like he's actually solving.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Crescent »

It's total null on you, I mean. His reaction feels like countershady frustration.

I've been waiting for Corwin to actually respond to my vibes post. He didn't question what they were originally, nor did he respond to them once I said what they were.

He did, however, ask me a question that was ultimately almost useless.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 582, Crescent wrote:If your join date is any indication, this is your first game here. I don't see why that would be scummy. There's a very specific meta about third parties out of the blue that I'm used to and is actually fairly accurate, but Jester has never been in that meta, nor do I know if that meta even applies here.

It's basically just a total null, but it plays into the feeling that he's spending too much time on himself and not looking like he's actually solving.
I know it's not scummy.

At the same time it's odd that someone (=Corwinoid) who didn't play for 6 years and played three games is auto assuming there can't be a jester and thinks it's scummy I could think of the possibility. Unless he lied or knows there's no jester because he's mafia.

And maybe he didn't even read NMs posts and didn't know he claimed jester? Seems more likely since he's likely scum.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Vivax »

I mean, from the best possible perspective where he's town, he could have suggested that I had no reason to assume a jester in the game because he somehow didn't read and missed NM claiming jester right off the bat.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Crescent »

How would mafia know whether or not a Jester exists?

How would they even know a third party exists, barring simply having too few numbers for the game?

Like, my last scumgame we we 3/14. We knew for dead certain there was a third party because 4 in 14 is standard where I come from.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 5, Not_Mafia wrote:
S
U
P
C
L
O
D
P
O
L
E
S
I
'
M
T
H
E
J
E
S
T
E
R
A
N
D
I
'
M
H
E
R
E
T
O
T
R
O
L
L
T
H
E
F
E
C
A
L
M
A
T
T
E
R
O
U
T
O
F
T
H
I
S
G
A
M
E
!

VOTE: Not_Mafia
In post 6, Elsa Jay wrote:I haven't played with you in a year and your still using a basic rainbow self vote intro? I thought you'd get new material NotMaf.
In post 7, Not_Mafia wrote:Tradition never dies
I mean... Me and NotMaf both said it was a normal thing immediately after. Almost like people ignored the following conversation to throw shade at him for no reason. Besides his normal behavior I mean.

The only thing that's changed is Clodpoles from "fuckers" and fecal matter from "shit". Probably to be more PG-13.
Crescent wrote:How would mafia know whether or not a Jester exists?

How would they even know a third party exists, barring simply having too few numbers for the game?

Like, my last scumgame we we 3/14. We knew for dead certain there was a third party because 4 in 14 is standard where I come from.
Any player who's played enough normal games or reads the wiki provided by the queue knows no 3rd parties exist in Normal games besides Serial Killer. And those are only in Large games last I checked.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 578, Vivax wrote:And Corwin knew that?

Did Corwin play with not_mafia claiming jester in one of his three games 6? yearso ago?
No. I knew the game was Normal, and what invalid roles there are.

Someone genuinely trying to solve would want to know what they're up against.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 585, Vivax wrote:I mean, from the best possible perspective where he's town, he could have suggested that I had no reason to assume a jester in the game because he somehow didn't read and missed NM claiming jester right off the bat.
I completely ignored his first post and the Jester claim within. Didn't actually expect it to ever get taken seriously.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:37 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 586, Crescent wrote:How would mafia know whether or not a Jester exists?

The point is that Mafia wouldn't care which roles they're hunting because they're informed. Not knowing Jester isn't a prohibited role in Normal games from an experienced player comes off as very much not caring about needing to solve.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:39 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 590, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 586, Crescent wrote:How would mafia know whether or not a Jester exists?

The point is that Mafia wouldn't care which roles they're hunting because they're informed.
Not knowing Jester isn't a prohibited role in Normal games from an experienced player comes off as very much not caring about needing to solve.
That's why I asked? xD

But go on...
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 587, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 5, Not_Mafia wrote:
S
U
P
C
L
O
D
P
O
L
E
S
I
'
M
T
H
E
J
E
S
T
E
R
A
N
D
I
'
M
H
E
R
E
T
O
T
R
O
L
L
T
H
E
F
E
C
A
L
M
A
T
T
E
R
O
U
T
O
F
T
H
I
S
G
A
M
E
!

VOTE: Not_Mafia
In post 6, Elsa Jay wrote:I haven't played with you in a year and your still using a basic rainbow self vote intro? I thought you'd get new material NotMaf.
In post 7, Not_Mafia wrote:Tradition never dies
I mean... Me and NotMaf both said it was a normal thing immediately after. Almost like people ignored the following conversation to throw shade at him for no reason. Besides his normal behavior I mean.

The only thing that's changed is Clodpoles from "fuckers" and fecal matter from "shit". Probably to be more PG-13.
Crescent wrote:How would mafia know whether or not a Jester exists?

Any player who's played enough normal games or reads the wiki provided by the queue knows no 3rd parties exist in Normal games besides Serial Killer. And those are only in Large games last I checked.
I didn't know it was banned, I just autoassumed it was banned as it should be. Isn't Vivax new? Or did I miss that it's an alt?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Vivax »

I think Corwinoid just unintentionally built a case for me being town.

He said I would care enough to want to know if there's a jester so I asked if there's a jester, ergo I cared enough.

Or maybe I'm mafia because I asked instead of looking it up on the wiki.

Is Corwinoid really so hard to spot as mafia? :d
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 am

Post by Corwinoid »

I got the impression he was experienced, but I could be wrong about that.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Corwinoid »

VOTE: Vivax

I hate being confident on D1, but I'm very feeling Vivax/UNOwen/?? as a team right now.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:48 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 547, Crescent wrote:Love that Ger completely ignored my initial and still valid reason for voting him, "locked" his vote on me on false pretenses, and ran from the game.

Interesting two votes on Owen who has been in my null zone like, this entire time. Can either of you elaborate more?
ran from the game? it is friday night, you know people can do other things than post here right? yet you are using that (along with you dismissing my random vote for not being random) as another way to keep piling shade on me

and i thought i went back and looked at your post about me - your post 69 - in my post 535

you cannot say i ignored your early reads on me when you ignore my post aimed at you about them?
you cannot say my vote on you is under false pretenses - like, what does that even mean - you know better than me why i am voting for you????

just....why have you got such an inexplicable hard on for me?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:51 am

Post by geraintm »

be back tomorrow morning
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 595, Corwinoid wrote:VOTE: Vivax

I hate being confident on D1, but I'm very feeling Vivax/UNOwen/?? as a team right now.
In post 593, Vivax wrote:I think Corwinoid just unintentionally built a case for me being town.

He said I would care enough to want to know if there's a jester so I asked if there's a jester, ergo I cared enough.

Or maybe I'm mafia because I asked instead of looking it up on the wiki.

Is Corwinoid really so hard to spot as mafia? :d
The problem is his argument is shown to be completely void as your Jester comment was null.

And NOW he votes you?

Corwin I'm struggling to find the procession here. How did this turn into you being so confident on Vivax?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 513, geraintm wrote:Crescent, stop calling my random vote not random.
You are talking out of your ass.
I will ignore you the for the rest of the game because your insistence that you know my actions better than me is just baffling me.
When you come back, remember to do this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”