Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Apologies for the continued grilling of your voting, but I'm trying to figure out if you're scum or if you're town that just has a wildly different playstyle than I'm used to
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Crescent »

The entire purpose of my vote was to get him/both of them to post, and it ultimately served it's purpose in drawing both of them out. Gibus was one of 8 people who already had a vote in the most recent update. At the time, I believed GB did *not* have a vote and thus mine would be creating a 9th unique train (and no one bothered to correct me when I specifically brought this up a couple of times). This is alone the primary reason I voted Gibus over GB. If I had noticed GB also already had a vote, I would've gone there as that is my strongest scumread. I am very unimpressed by the way either of them handled their summonings, though.

This is one of the most anti-town votespreads I've ever seen in years of playing mafia, and I was not going to make it even worse by creating another new train.

Scorpious did the exact same thing with grilling me last game concerning the way I vote.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Crescent »

That specific kind of vote may be related to 48/24s being my norm, in which you have much less time to force the lurkers out of hiding. Both falling off the map after NM got votes is the kind of thing that rings alarm bells that need to be answered sooner rather than later.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Alexcellent »

I don’t know who Scorpious is

P-edit: Fair, I’ll leave this alone now. I got just very bad vibes from your unvote, but I’ll accept prob just different approach for now
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Crescent »

Some guy last game who got bad vibes from like, everything I ever did with my votes.

This is just a redux of that.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Alexcellent »

I think I’m starting to lean away from NM wagon.
Will wait to see what George has to say, and wouldn’t mind seeing more from Goldfish

P-Edit: he sounds like a smart bloke :cool:
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:36 am

Post by clidd »

Hitting scum would be more desirable (*cough* Geraint *cough*) but I'm fine in taking out someone who has no significant contribution too.

It's better than eliminating someone at random in panic or ending the day with no elim.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 380, Alexcellent wrote:I think I’m starting to lean away from NM wagon.
Will wait to see what George has to say, and wouldn’t mind seeing more from Goldfish

I feel like there's been too much waiting for NM to do something and not enough forcing other players who had barely done anything to do something.

Sure NM is an automatic kill if he keeps not doing anything, but that combined with this vote split has allowed other nothing players to coast by.

GB said content is coming "tonight". Let's see if he delivers.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:41 am

Post by UNOwen »

Goldfish offering a town gibus read immediately after calling the gibus/Alex interaction weird is the sort of incoherence that's more likely to be town IMO. At first I thought that maybe it was a sign she just pulled the read out of a hat, but I liked her reasoning and I've used that logic before.

@Elsa - you've missed my question. :(
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:46 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 356, Crescent wrote:
In post 353, Alexcellent wrote:Tbh the big push on Gibus feels bad. His ISO is lacking but I don't see anything that screams scum to me.

Also keen to hear from George.

P-Edit: pretty much what Vivax said. Looking forward to the catch up George.
I went with the one who already had a vote. I didn't realize George also had one but I didn't want to split the votes any further.

But.... It did it's job, and got BOTH of them to post. My desire to kill George is still higher than my desire to kill Gibus.

UNVOTE: Gibus
If all you want from pressure is to people to post prod dodging posts, then you aren't going to move the game forward much
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:50 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 353, Alexcellent wrote:Tbh the big push on Gibus feels bad. His ISO is lacking but I don't see anything that screams scum to me.

I went with the one who already had a vote. I didn't realize George also had one but I didn't want to split the votes any further.

But.... It did it's job, and got BOTH of them to post. My desire to kill George is still higher than my desire to kill Gibus.

This is such a weird game. Crescent is somehow dominating all the conversations from posting their ideas on how everyone else should be posting, or comparing their play to other games.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:54 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 384, geraintm wrote:

If all you want from pressure is to people to post prod dodging posts, then you aren't going to move the game forward much
Oh ok Gera is probably scum Clidd is right. This kind of post doesn't vibe with 2272 Gera at all.

That being Gera's comment on the matter, ignoring everything that came before and after, just made his scum equity rocket.

Compare this to Alex, who REALLY pushed on me for it. Alex is town, Gera is scum. There we go.

Gera/GB scum Gibus town is how I could see that trio playing out now following this.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Crescent »

Anyways, I'm not doing anything until GB actually does something again, but that was easily the hardest thing anyone's done to scum ping me this game. That's scum shading me and Gibus at the same time while contributing absolutely nothing on his own and completely ignoring the actual conversation.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and you're welcome, everyone. I just got a scum to effectively out himself with my "useless" vote.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:56 am

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

In post 373, Crescent wrote:That line means nothing. "I think I could find reasons to scumread you both, but I'm not going to try" is a pretty blatant hedge. It's probably the worst thing about the ISO that it's the closest thing he has to making a scumread.
I'm sorry but I never said "I'm not going to try"
I said I wasn't going to take a side in the argument yet, because both players looked scummy, but I didn't think it was a Scum/scum interaction, and I wasn't sure who was scummier and didn't want to draw an arbitrary line.
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:58 am

In post 380, Alexcellent wrote:I think I’m starting to lean away from NM wagon.

Who's "he" here? There are a couple of players refered to in your post.

I have a gtkas
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:13 am

Ok idk if you are scum or not but crescent, you're constant talk about meta from previous games is pinging me. It's not overly helpful for people who haven't played in those games, and especially the meta analysis of georgebailey as vanya, talking about the "vibes bening off" seems pretty useless, it's a well know fact that people change around their playstyle and attitude between games, ESPECIALLY if they are using an alt account or the game is anonymous, which it sounds like this one was.

Most of the meta analysis you've posted seems to be talking about things that are nai. So please only do it if it's genuinely very relevant, because it's making it hard for me to follow the game.

I have a gtkas
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Crescent »

Comparing people to their previous games is not only a vital part of reading them; I'm not even the first person to do it with Gera. I ISOed Gera in
two entire games
because Clidd pointed those two out.

Like, if people are too lazy to compare all of GB's 27 posts last game to his all of 9 here then that's on them. This is... 3? 5? minutes of work apparently no one in the game wants to put in. It's honestly kind of pathetic.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 307, UNOwen wrote:
In post 305, Elsa Jay wrote: Won't say who yet but reading the last four pages made 2 people move up in my town list and 1 down. I'm here to interact all day as well.
Where is Corwin on your list and why?
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?

VOTE: UNOwen
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Crescent »

Honestly though, this game in general significantly pales to 2292 and it's getting kind of grating on me how hard I have to work to get half this game to actually try. Apparently that includes you, too.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 393, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 307, UNOwen wrote:
In post 305, Elsa Jay wrote: Won't say who yet but reading the last four pages made 2 people move up in my town list and 1 down. I'm here to interact all day as well.
Where is Corwin on your list and why?
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?

VOTE: UNOwen
It's true he has not named anyone else as scummy, but he's also been somewhat engaged. I'm still null on Unowen though - It's nowhere near as bad as players like George.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:04 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and Goldfish my one critique of you is I have absolutely no idea of who you even want to vote for because you're on NM because "reasons" and haven't actually indicated anyone you actually think is scummy and worth pressuring.

So instead of critiquing me for telling you to get off your ass - Get off your ass.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Crescent »

k now I'm just getting mad at the sheer lack of effort people like Goldfish are giving compared to the amount of energy they're wasting complaining about me trying to get them to try, and I'm a danger to myself and everyone around me when I play mad.

I'm taking the rest of the night off. It's for the best for everything.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Corwinoid »

Crescent wrote:It's true he has not named anyone else as scummy, but he's also been somewhat engaged. I'm still null on Unowen though - It's nowhere near as bad as players like George.
Somewhat engaged how? The only people with less posts are gibus, GB and NM (and the mod), and almost half (5/13) of his posts including his RVS are engaging with me exclusively. This looks a lot more like someone trying to hide and shade a slot than any actual engagement.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Call me Neil Breen, cause I am here now.
GeorgeBailey

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”