Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 am

Post by Timeater »

^ The amount of fail in the above post is just beyond comprehension
watch for the eggshells
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:25 am

Post by TonyMontana »

^ The amount of win in the above post is just within comprehension
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Gremwell »

claiming as a metal town this early in a frantic attempt to gain the BM serum is a profoundly poor move, if you are in fact a town metal, depending on how many town metals there are, you have already lessened the chance for a no kill tonight via scum picking you for a NK, also later on if a scum does somehow get the serum and gain the power to un metal someone they already have a target.

That said I do think TE is town

and if anyone has a better idea on how to distribute the serum, we could really use it
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:48 am

Post by TonyMontana »

^ Besides, who knows, he scum might have some kind of choice during night, if their kill can "pierce" metal (but would then not kill non-metal)
Upcoming
Mini
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:48 am

Post by geraintm »

Timeater wrote:^ The amount of fail in the above post is just beyond comprehension
ok, teh colour thing went badly, what else was there?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Wall-E »

TonyMontana wrote:
ortolan wrote:There was a reason I kept it quite, which I have already given. Namely that it would encourage scum to act as un-scummy as possible in order to attract the vote.
Lol, wut?
Because without the plan, scum wouldn't bother? [face_palm]
Wall-E wrote:I've done slightly scummy things as town to avoid the mafia's NK before.
??? Do you get this?
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 am

Post by TonyMontana »

No, I don't get how town acting as scum relates to scum acting as town.
Upcoming
Mini
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Wall-E »

You know, I'd like to explain it, but I think it might be best not to.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Wall-E »

geraintm wrote:
Timeater wrote:^ The amount of fail in the above post is just beyond comprehension
ok, teh colour thing went badly, what else was there?
I think what they're saying is, "Why would you serum, lynch and mycosynth the same player?" to which, were I you, I would reply, "It's a random vote, dudes."
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:18 am

Post by geraintm »

ah, if that was it then yeah, it was a random vote. i almost always put a number in my confirm post and then vote for whoever posts that many after me
i thought they were having a go at my lynch and mycosynth the same person thinking
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Wall-E »

omg we're clearly scumbuddies
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

So, play mafia. Gotcha. Where's that rolling eyes emote?
Considering this whole claim business - I had to make this statement that made me roll MY eyes when I said it. So, yea.
I dont disagree with point 1, but you're shooting down ideas before they even have a chance to come to fruition. I dont like this. You're not giving Ort (or myself) a chance to even talk about things without casting us in a negative light. I'm a firm believer in bonding until those bonds are broken or the "best buds" philosophy as I call it Razz Anyone can be the cold analytical sniperkid, not granting any case of WIFOM in any situation, only relying on hard lynch evidence, never trusting anything anyone says no matter the situation. Thats simply not my style and not the way I wish to go about playing most games. Especially this one.
I dont have any buds. I'm not claiming to. Now, as the game naturally progresses I will probably GET buds.
Can you, in your own words, define what a safeclaim is, and how it would apply to this game?
In my own words? Can I?

If you are Shuggoulth, the Destroyer of Worlds - chances are that you are given a different PM that says you are Captain Happy Bear, Bringer of Sunshine complete with the correct win condition and matching flavor. The mod doesn't want the game won by flavor - and letting us show our PM's just reinforces that.
Do you really think I'd be so bold to claim as early as I did if I was scum? If not me, then who? Everyone else is vanilla. Its a bad idea for more metalliods (if they exist) to step forward in hopes of getting the serum. I dont understand your confusion.
If you are telling the truth about being Metal - sure, why not? Its a gamble, but we cant even touch you until you go in the pit. If I was a scum metal in that position I sure would have.
With that logic, a Metalloid will never get the serum because you will have Myco'd them to confirm them. That makes ZERO sense.
Or, we give it to players that appear town AND if they are a metal it is a nice benefit. Maybe that.
We can get a better scumhunting process going in the Serum/Myco stage before the lynch stage. Thats what should obvious.
How? I'm voting for the ONE person I know the Myco will work on and most people have voted for themselves for the serum. The lynch is still what is important.
I would suggest voting for me in hopes that an alignment reveal would be possible through the process.
If lynching you and you telling the truth reveals your alignment AND you're alive - I'd eat my hat. Its not happening.
I am really starting to take your hostility towards the idea of a town-aligned metalloid getting a power as just pure fear. Extreme, un-adulterated scummy fear. Your first response to my claim was to myco vote me. What does that say about you? Rationalize it however you want, I think that was a big error on your part. I'm watching you.
If you are scum metal and get ANY kind of useful power it is a massive detriment to my winning. So, yea, watch me all you want.
Gremwell wrote:claiming as a metal town this early in a frantic attempt to gain the BM serum is a profoundly poor move, if you are in fact a town metal, depending on how many town metals there are, you have already lessened the chance for a no kill tonight via scum picking you for a NK, also later on if a scum does somehow get the serum and gain the power to un metal someone they already have a target.

That said I do think TE is town

and if anyone has a better idea on how to distribute the serum, we could really use it
See, this post I like.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Off the top of my head:

1) Randomly. The odds that any one player is town are ~78%. If we went down the player list assigning the serum (or rolled a die each day) we'd have good odds of creating several pro-town power roles versus the scum's potentially only two or three.

2) Mass PM quote. I dislike this idea for several reasons, but it's got its own kind of appeal in this situation.

3) We elect someone D1 by seruming the most pro-town looking player. That player chooses the next day's target, and so forth for the rest of the game. This method has an obvious flaw in that if the scum ever got their hands on the ball they'd proceed to power up their whole team.

4) Do what Timeater did. I agree with gremwell that TE seems very town, but I'm not anxious to gamble.

5) Nobody gets the serum. We mycosynth the hell out of the town and play a normal game of mafia.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Wall-E »

6) We proceed with the currently best sounding idea, which is to vote each day the way the mod intended.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Sorry about not posting sooner. Do you think someone could give me a brief summary of the posts besides the one guy claiming metal townie? Has anything else happened that should be brought to my attention?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Wall-E »

It's four pages! Read it yourself! Holy monkey nuts!
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:18 pm

Post by Timeater »

YEAH LETS JUST GUESS THE MOD SOME MORE.

-spasm-

Anyway just to reiterate. I'm a metal townie. I claimed.

1. If you do not believe my claim at all and believe I am fabricating it or lying about some part of it, you should be lynch voting for me.

- Why? Because it is a townperson's duty. If you think I am lying, I should be scum in your eyes. And if I'm scum you should be voting for me.

2. If you believe I am telling the truth about one part of my claim, but lying about my alignment, you should be voting to mycosynth me.

- Why? There is really no other reason to be voting randomly at this stage (e.g Geraintm).

3. If you do believe I am town, as some of you have said, you should be voting to give me the serum.

- Why? There simply is no better candidate at the moment. The facts presented at the game's outset are that a metalloid cannot be killed in anyway; the problem with giving someone else the serum is that they will be killed night 1. It is simply illogical for a scummer to try to get the serum today because later tonight they will need to make a nightkill. There would be no way they could save themselves from a lynch the next day when they turn up alive (because the scum would logically kill the person with the power, the biggest threat, nothing can stop them). It just makes no sense for a scummer to go after the serum at this point in the game. They would have too much explaining without alot of excuses tomorrow (everyone except the metalloids are vanilla!).
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Wall-E wrote:Finally:
MOD: Does EVERYONE get power from Blinkmoth? Will a lynched metallic person's alignment be revealed? (I'm guessing not because I'm smarter than a 5th grader)
Every player may or may not get a power from the serum. If an unlynchable player is lynched, they're alignment will not be revealed.

Each player who gains an ability from Serum has a predetermined power based off they're role. I may or may not have put hints in everyone's PMs. Additionally, The rules regarding serum have been amended. Please check.

Vote count forthcoming.
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Vote Count 1.2 wrote:
Vote Count

ortolan(1): SpyreX
Porkens(1): Wall-E

Serum Count

Wall-E(1): Wall-E

Mycosynth Count

ortolan(2): Wall-E
Timeater(1): SpyreX
SpyreX(1): Timeater

To lynch/mycosynth/serum: Seven
Deadline: Monday, November 10, 2008
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Wall-E »

ortolan(2): Wall-E

?? Am I a double mycosynth voter?
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Vote Count 1.2.2 wrote:
Vote Count

ortolan(1): SpyreX
Porkens(1): Wall-E

Serum Count

Wall-E(1): Wall-E

Mycosynth Count

ortolan(1): Wall-E
Timeater(1): SpyreX
SpyreX(1): Timeater

To lynch/mycosynth/serum: Seven
Deadline: Monday, November 10, 2008
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Concerning the Blinkmoth Serum: The Blinkmoth Serum is a substance that activates the inate abilities of a person. All players at the start of the game are vanilla. To gain abilities, they must be imbued with the Blinkmoth Serum. You may only vote for one person to get Serum, though. See Concerning Voting for how to vote for a player to be imbibed with serum.
Serum only lasts one day/night cycle.
If a player is given serum twice, they must continue to get serum, or they will die at the beginning of the next phase.

Bolding mine.

This gives the town the opportunity to have three kills every two days.

Mod: Do metal players die of blinkmoth serum overdose?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Wall-E wrote: Mod: Do metal players die of blinkmoth serum overdose?
No.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I didn't even catch that. Its a good one to know.

Of course, it isn't applicable to THIS particular scenario but.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by Wall-E »

The rest of your analysis I can at least ignore.

This, however:
Timeater wrote:
3. If you do believe I am town, as some of you have said, you should be voting to give me the serum.

- Why? There simply is no better candidate at the moment.

(I can name two others I'd rather give it to.)

The facts presented at the game's outset are that a metalloid cannot be killed in anyway; the problem with giving someone else the serum is that they will be killed night 1.

(What if the blinkmoth grants metal status?)

It is simply illogical for a scummer to try to get the serum today because later tonight they will need to make a nightkill. There would be no way they could save themselves from a lynch the next day when they turn up alive, because the scum would logically kill the person with the power, the biggest threat, nothing can stop them.

(WIFOM)

It just makes no sense for a scummer to go after the serum at this point in the game. They would have too much explaining without alot of excuses tomorrow. Everyone except the metalloids are vanilla!.

(This is the most sensible thing you've said to date.
I'm just going to point out to everyone that TE has an obvious bias in SOME direction, so take HIS analysis of the situation HE created, and his advice, with a grain of salt.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”