GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:31 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

vote count 1.08

with 14 votes in play, it takes 8 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-06-14 01:30:00).

yeet
humaneatingmonkey [5]:
Aristeia, Dwlee99, Titus, implosion, Roden
Aristeia [2]:
humaneatingmonkey, Bellaphant
MathBlade [2]:
Gamma Emerald, Save The Dragons
Dwlee99 [1]:
Ausuka

not voting [4]:
Harley Quinn, Malakittens, Enchant, MathBlade

mod notes~ humaneatingmonkey v/la wednesday to friday.
~ Gamma Emerald v/la for a week.
~ witty mod note.

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeBailey
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by implosion »

Like sure, if I'm scum with hem i might want to pressure them well shopping alternatives.

I can also be (and indeed am) town who thinks hem is a good shot for scum but feels no need to commit to the hem wagon as the Only Thing Of Interest Today, because (a) why would I, and (b) I'm not like, 100% sure they're scum.

Like, if I'm scum with hem, what reason would I have for being so unabashedly bold about "shopping for alternatives"? I could just... not. Or I could just do it and not say I am. Or I could just like, focus on one person who I also like as scum. Doesn't it make more sense for me to just be town who's train-of-thought-ing? Does Titus calling me scum with hem mean that she's scum with hem bc she's shopping for an alternative in me? No. (Yes, that's a bit reductive, but etc).
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 722, implosion wrote:
In post 715, Aristeia wrote:-snip-
I think Enchant is the kind of player who could easily yolo pick a killing role or a blocking role or something. I'm not going to push it hard right now, mostly because yes, it is true that if we paranoia-lim Enchant d3 and they are an ascetic cop we get 2 results. But I am going to be *really mad* if they don't get limmed d3-4 if they keep playing this way.I guess frankly I'm just very annoyed at what they're doing, because I had to play a game where they were doing this and I had to hold my tongue because it was chromavalon and I was their merlin, and this time I don't have to hold my tongue.
I think picking ascetic cop is much stronger than picking a jailkeeper/roleblocker type role because ascetic cop can't be blocked in the first place and by picking it you are essentially permanently blocking the cop.

I think picking ascetic cop is much stronger than picking 1 shot vig because shooting an ascetic cop is literally the best thing you can do as a 1 shot vig and counterpicking it is essentially the same thing except you're guranteed to stop it from existing.

I don't think a scum first pick can materially affect game state in the first 2 nights if we policy lim at 3 if they don't town it up or blurt out some results or w/e.

I think scum are very much pressured to shoot into the high picks and clear our POE for us so voting out town!enchant or pressuring him to claim is essentially doing the scum's job for them if enchant is town here.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 699, implosion wrote:
In post 597, humaneatingmonkey wrote:okay, in any case, i'll be absent from here on and only appearing to and for

watch my wagon. that's a wagon on town. if people push for it aggressively without trying to parse more info from me, that means it's scum-motivated. i haven't read the game beyond the posts i didn't make today.
Gosh golly this is a bad post. Town does not say "This future behavior: if this is what you see in the future, push the people who do it" because scum will just... not do that if they genuinely think it's going to get them caught.
I also want to reiterate this point because no one's mentioned it and I was genuinely surprised that no one else called this post scummy while I was rereading.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 727, Aristeia wrote:I think picking ascetic cop is much stronger than picking a jailkeeper/roleblocker type role because ascetic cop can't be blocked in the first place and by picking it you are essentially permanently blocking the cop.
Absolutely.

Mafia players don't always play optimally.

Again, this isn't really
important
, I'm just annoyed that we're basically Contractually Obligated to let Enchant not-play-the-game for 2-3 days.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 726, implosion wrote:Like sure, if I'm scum with hem i might want to pressure them well shopping alternatives.

I can also be (and indeed am) town who thinks hem is a good shot for scum but feels no need to commit to the hem wagon as the Only Thing Of Interest Today, because (a) why would I, and (b) I'm not like, 100% sure they're scum.

Like, if I'm scum with hem, what reason would I have for being so unabashedly bold about "shopping for alternatives"? I could just... not. Or I could just do it and not say I am. Or I could just like, focus on one person who I also like as scum. Doesn't it make more sense for me to just be town who's train-of-thought-ing? Does Titus calling me scum with hem mean that she's scum with hem bc she's shopping for an alternative in me? No. (Yes, that's a bit reductive, but etc).
I'm not shopping for an alternative in you.

Your entire rationale is wifom.

I'd consider a possibility of that being town if you were confident in any of those players being scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 728, implosion wrote:
In post 597, humaneatingmonkey wrote:okay, in any case, i'll be absent from here on and only appearing to and for

watch my wagon. that's a wagon on town. if people push for it aggressively without trying to parse more info from me, that means it's scum-motivated. i haven't read the game beyond the posts i didn't make today.
Gosh golly this is a bad post. Town does not say "This future behavior: if this is what you see in the future, push the people who do it" because scum will just... not do that if they genuinely think it's going to get them caught.
I also want to reiterate this point because no one's mentioned it and I was genuinely surprised that no one else called this post scummy while I was rereading.
I am wanting to see if something develops here. Something is off.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 729, implosion wrote:
In post 727, Aristeia wrote:I think picking ascetic cop is much stronger than picking a jailkeeper/roleblocker type role because ascetic cop can't be blocked in the first place and by picking it you are essentially permanently blocking the cop.
Absolutely.

Again, this isn't really
important
, I'm just annoyed that we're basically Contractually Obligated to let Enchant not-play-the-game for 2-3 days.
We’re not.

I think Ari’s logic is flawed, but the damage of outing PRs here would likely be high if I corrected her

So as flawed as I think it is, I think it’s more protown to let her logic go.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 729, implosion wrote:
Absolutely.

Again, this isn't really
important

personally I like that he picked a number that allows the nightkills to auto-sort him for us because he doesn't do much that's AI.

I do think he would be willing to yolo pick one just to counterdraft a cop role as mafia because his scum game is not great and he kind of just afks but the certainty level goes way up if we get to like day 3.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I also don’t think her mistake is scum oriented or if it is she’s damn good at hiding it
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 732, MathBlade wrote:So as flawed as I think it is, I think it’s more protown to let her logic go.
Who are you and what have you done w Mathblade?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

describing my play as "aesthetic" sounds like bullshit of the month
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 735, Titus wrote:
In post 732, MathBlade wrote:So as flawed as I think it is, I think it’s more protown to let her logic go.
Who are you and what have you done w Mathblade?
*pokes me*

Yep still me

Hi stranger
GTKAS -- MathBlade
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:43 pm

In post 728, implosion wrote:

it's not a bad point if true but it's a note for rereading no future behavior
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:46 pm

lol im being admitted right now and i think my next post is friday

if yall decide to L me, just watch out for people who just rode this wagon. yall smart and also i forgive you.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Okay I think I found a way to correct Ari that doesn’t impact PRs

Let’s assume that Enchant as scum picks ascetic cop. It’s more likely that Enchant would just be flat out bulletproof in that case. It would remove the cop from play if I understand the setup. He would then openly claim ascetic cop. Another alternative is because scum picked informed that they know a role pair not in play (assuming there is a pair not in play as I have reason to believe this is the case) so this suggestion from Ari seems more useless noise than helpful.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by Aristeia »

good luck with your surgery and don't worry about the game! it will still be here when you come back :)
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 740, MathBlade wrote:Let’s assume that Enchant as scum picks ascetic cop. It’s more likely that Enchant would just be flat out bulletproof in that case. It would remove the cop from play if I understand the setup. He would then openly claim ascetic cop. Another alternative is because scum picked informed that they know a role pair not in play (assuming there is a pair not in play as I have reason to believe this is the case) so this suggestion from Ari seems more useless noise than helpful.
I do not care if he picks bulletproof or ascetic cop

I will policy him if he is alive on day 3
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like there's literally no reason for mafia to let an town ascetic cop live to day 3 and give 2 results - that's like gifting the town a mason pair at minimum.

so if he's alive at d3, I'd be much more sure of him flipping scum than limming him here.

it also means that if he is town and we are mislimming - we are getting like a mason pair out of it thru 2 innos instead of say elimming him today for nothing.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 742, Aristeia wrote:
In post 740, MathBlade wrote:Let’s assume that Enchant as scum picks ascetic cop. It’s more likely that Enchant would just be flat out bulletproof in that case. It would remove the cop from play if I understand the setup. He would then openly claim ascetic cop. Another alternative is because scum picked informed that they know a role pair not in play (assuming there is a pair not in play as I have reason to believe this is the case) so this suggestion from Ari seems more useless noise than helpful.
I do not care if he picks bulletproof or ascetic cop

I will policy him if he is alive on day 3
Premise 1) Assume scum shoot in the lower sections like you’re hypothesizing
Premise 2) Assume we elim in the lower half like you’re hypothesizing
Premise 3) Assume this mixture is repeated until the lower half is no more

What makes Enchant different from others on the list then that are policy?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I agree in not elimming him here especially as he might get replaced

I just find your logic artificial and stilted
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

What makes Enchant better than say Bellaphant who generally has a town MO?

I am more trying to figure out where the line exists for your arbitrary policy elim here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I kinda feel like if you’re scum you’re arguing from a scum vig Enchant cop / bulletproof gambit and I can’t quite get inside your head to see if my paranoia is right
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Like at best you’re coaching the scum team here openly in thread here

This just doesn’t sit right with me
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I have no idea what you're talking about I think my logic is incredibly clear.

Return to “Completed Open Games”