iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:31 am

Post by iLord »

Yeah, I was really, really agitated that the claimed SK didn't get lynched, regardless of what he spouted out in thread.

Good job modding, Claus.

Good game people.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:44 am

Post by andersonw »

Well, the town was lost anyways.

I figured that it didn't matter who we lynched. :(
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:49 am

Post by andersonw »

Anyways, Claus, you also did a great job modding, and I think the game was pretty evenly balanced, although I'm not an expert on that.

And again, good game everyone, I'm sorry if we should have lynched Pesco, I actually thought that we had just a slightly bigger chance of winning if we lynched Ramus, since it was more possible for Pesco to have lost a NK than Ramus to be town (to me, those probabilities were like 10%>5%).
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:52 am

Post by iLord »

andersonw wrote:And again, good game everyone, I'm sorry if we should have lynched Pesco, I actually thought that we had just a slightly bigger chance of winning if we lynched Ramus, since it was more possible for Pesco to have lost a NK than Ramus to be town (to me, those probabilities were like 10%>5%).
It's not just you - you guys all had several chances to do it.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Ramus »

andersonw wrote:And again, good game everyone, I'm sorry if we should have lynched Pesco, I actually thought that we had just a slightly bigger chance of winning if we lynched Ramus, since it was more possible for Pesco to have lost a NK than Ramus to be town (to me, those probabilities were like 10%>5%).
Can someone at least mention what I did that made me so scummy?
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 am

Post by andersonw »

For me, it was pretty much process of elimination (and gut)
We knew that Pesco was SK, and that a one-person scumgroup would be pointless. I was also fairly sure that sekinj was town, I had a town vibe on her since she replaced. Her post on iLord when she first replaced, as an example, stood out to me.

Also, Ramus, your post 716 was pretty scummy after we found out that Tuber was scum.
Ramus wrote:Hmm, good point there, but I'm still iffy on it since Tuber has actually done anything scummy. I'm not saying he's not scum, just that I haven't seen any scummy plays.
Like, this, you're saying that RBT has a good point, but you're still defending Tuber.
Ramus wrote:Anyway, despite the fact that Tuber seems like a scum possibility now, RBT has yet to convince me of his/her innocence. I withhold my vote for now.

Again, you still don't want to lynch Tuber, and you say that he might be scum.

iLord wrote:It's not just you - you guys all had several chances to do it.
But once we lynched knight of cydonia, we were lost already, since it was 2 scum, 1 SK, 3 town. If only we lynched Pesco that day instead...although, we would probably have lynched KoC the next day and lost anyways.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Pesco47 »

It's not like I claimed SK before it was completely safe to do so. By my count, it was just me vs scum at LyLo. Granted, townies would rather believe a claimed anti-town over an uncleared player.

Scum had already known I was NK-immune since Tuber got lynched. What Ramus should have done, was forgo a NK and let town out of LyLo. I would be lynched and he'd have been on his own against the guys already on his tail.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:22 am

Post by sekinj »

It would have had the same outcome if anderson and I had lynched pesco. Town was screwed either way.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Claus »

Timeater wrote:It was so frustrating reading this and seeing how easily you all were playing into Pesco's hands. If I was in the game I doubt he would have got away with what he did. After a re-read, I almost never stopped cringing until this bitter finale.
*Sigh*

Timeater, I would really hope you take a lesson of humility out of this game, instead of your "man, I could have done better than the town". You were in the the townwagons of D1,2,3, for pretty poor reasons. Next game try not to take things so personally - not liking someone doesn't mean they are scum.

Anyway, about pesco. You stayed on the game until day 4. If town had lynched Pesco at that moment, it would have ended the game immediately with a mafia win. (edit: like sekinj said)

On the other hand, the day the town was actually played on by Pesco was day 3, during the mass claim when he claimed neutral power role, and everyone backed off the Pesco wagon because of that. That was the day everyone played on Pesco's hands. As Andersonw said at the time:
"All claimed third-party rules must be lynched no matter what."

Andersonw: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice... ;-) I think you're never going to leave a claimed neutral live through the day again after this one, hehe.
sekinj wrote:Town was screwed anyway
Well, if you had lynched Ramus D4, maybe Pesco would have killed Tuberkulos. Not likely, specially because Ramus was much less suspect than Tuberkulos or Pesco D4. Also, if scum hadn't decided to block Pesco when he tried to kill Tuberkulos (N3). Funny that the lack of SK kills was kinda bad for the town in this game.

Thanks everyone for playing the game. And thanks again iLord for help keeping things running smoothly in the first two days.
Last edited by Claus on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Yeah, Timeater, no offence, but you were an absolute waste of a slot. I would rather have had Gimbo on a bad day, quite frankly.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Ramus »

One last thing:

Replacements are a Mafia's worse enemies. They tend to be that fresh breath that the town needs and are usually able to pick up pieces of evidence that the town missed due to the fact that replacements are detached and able to analyze better. If it wasn't for RBT, I would say that the Mafia would've won, however, RBT saw the lack of Tuber votes and that pretty much screwed over the Mafia right there.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Pesco47 »

Ramus wrote:One last thing:

Replacements are a Mafia's worse enemies. They tend to be that fresh breath that the town needs and are usually able to pick up pieces of evidence that the town missed due to the fact that replacements are detached and able to analyze better. If it wasn't for RBT, I would say that the Mafia would've won, however, RBT saw the lack of Tuber votes and that pretty much screwed over the Mafia right there.
You could just blame Tim, a curse disguised as a blessing.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:09 am

Post by iLord »

I must say that my scumdar was completely off. Wrong about everyone at the end, before the mass claim.

I guess Sekinj was right about how the game would've turned out after Day 4...
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I must say that my scumdar was completely off.
You were still right about me being suspect though :D
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:12 am

Post by iLord »

Pesco wrote:You were still right about me being suspect though
Remember, I dropped it :(.
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Ramus »

Don't worry about it, Pesco typically does stuff like this.

I also, I recommend sticking the Pesco Gambit in the wiki now. Telling the truth that you're a bloody Serial Killer works.
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Ramus »

Typing Error:

Remove the first "I".
[size=150][url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1338652#1338652]Join the Paranoia Game![/url][/size]
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Pesco47 »

No need for a wiki topic. A nomination for Scummers will be just fine.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Riceballtail »

I've also played DF for over a year, and never has any unit in the game been listed as a traveler. I would have lynched him for that piece alone.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

If I'd been alive *grumble* that would have gotten my vote instantly, since I've had DF on my laptop for about the same time, RBT. If he'd said Merchant, maybe, but Traveller... dead meat.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Timeater »

Timeater, I would really hope you take a lesson of humility out of this game, instead of your "man, I could have done better than the town". You were in the the townwagons of D1,2,3, for pretty poor reasons. Next game try not to take things so personally - not liking someone doesn't mean they are scum.
Sad thing is that its totally true. If I was around to put the time and attention needed into this game, Pesco would not have been able to gotten away with what he did.
Yeah, Timeater, no offence, but you were an absolute waste of a slot. I would rather have had Gimbo on a bad day, quite frankly.
Well fuck you too, asshole.

That being said, GG ^_^
watch for the eggshells
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by Claus »

Pesco did very well, but I doubt he was the first to claim neutral early game ;-) Or even Lylo near "prisoner dilemma" situations (See Bond Villain Mafia).

I did something very similar in this game here:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8601

Anyway, the role PMs:
(Mafia were suggested some fake claims in the first post of their thread. I'm not sure why Tuberkulos choose to invent the "traveller" fakeclaim when he had a mod-given one in hand).

- Pesco47 - Legendary Goblin (SK)

- Ramus - Captain of the Fortress Guard (Mafia Jailer)
- Tuberkulos - Hammerer (Mafia Voter)

- andersonw - Mason (to Reborn)
- CoheedCambria09 - Kobold Thief (Roleblocker)
- iLord - Miner (1 shot vig)
- Mariyta - Peasant
- Netman - Animal Trainer (watcher)
- reborn537 - Engraver
- roffman - Cook
- Timeater - Cook
- Verbal - Siege Engineer

Roles
==========

Pesco47 - SK

You are Stozu Oxtrararstruck Baxstutspen, a Legendary Goblin Warlord. You have led the recent siege that destroyed most of Oslanvathez. After your army left, you stayed behind to take care of the remaining survivors.

Everynight, you can send me a PM telling me which dwarf you wish to kill next. Also, being a legendary warlord, you are completely immune to night kills.

You have a Masterwork Steel Mace in your possession. Your safeclaim is Amost Othosstinthad, Weaponsmith.

You win when you are the sole survivor.

Game Thread:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9400

Ramus - Captain of the Fortress Guard (Mafia Jailer)

You are Thikut Ukernomal, Captain of the Fortress Guard. (Mafia Jailkeeper)

Your dwarven fortress, Oslavanthez, has been recently destroyed by a huge goblin siege, and only a handful of dwarvens remain. You and Minkot Kibzuden, the Hammerer (Tuberkulos) are the two remaining Nobles, and you are sure the fault of this failure rests in the hands of the peasantry.

So you decided to punish all the remaining filthy, nasty peasants, grab the artifacts in the fortress vaults, and return as surviving heroes to the Mountainhomes.

During the night, you and Tuberkulos may discuss in the Mafia thread (below), and you may choose there one dwarf to kill (and who will do the killing).

Also, as the Captain of the Fortress Guard, you have a pair o iron manacles on you. You may use those to send a dwarf to prison every night. A jailed dwarf cannot do any night actions or be target of any night actions.

You win when all non-mafia players are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

Game Thread:
Mafia Thread:

Tuberkulos - Hammerer (Mafia Voter)

You Are Minkot Kibzuden, The Hammerer. (Mafia Voter)

Your dwarven fortress, Oslavanthez, has been recently destroyed by a huge goblin siege, and only a handful of dwarvens remain. You and Thikut Ukernomal, Captain of the Fortress Guard (Ramus) are the two remaining Nobles, and you are sure the fault of this failure rests in the hands of the peasantry.

So you decided to punish all the remaining filthy, nasty peasants, grab the artifacts in the fortress vaults, and return as surviving heroes to the Mountainhomes.

During the night, you and Ramus may discuss in the Mafia thread (below), and you may choose there one dwarf to kill (and who will do the killing).

Also, as the hammerer, you possess a mighty warhammer, and uses it to dispense dwarvenly justice. At any time during the day that a player is at L-1, you may PM me to do the hammering vote in secret. You may only do this if you are not voting anyone else at the moment. The person will be lynched the moment you send me the PM.

You win when all non-mafia players are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

Game Thread:
Mafia Thread:

- andersonw - Mason (to Reborn)

You are Kumil Ekurudil, a Mason.

Recently your dwarven fortress, Oslavanthez, was almost totally destroyed during a goblin siege. You and the remaining dwarves are trying to rebuild it, but there may still be dangers out there that need to be taken care of first.

You are a Mason, and as such, knows that Reborn is innocent. However, reborn knows nothing about you.

Other than that, you may vote and talk during the day.

You win when all threats to Oslavanthez have been eliminated.

Game Thread:

- CoheedCambria09 - Kobold Thief (Roleblocker)

You are Tlilibigralgis, a lowly Kobold Thief.

You came to this dwarven fortress to try and get away with something valuable, like some steel bolts, to sell at the nearest human market, and got caught in the middle of a giant goblin siege!

You managed to hide and survive the goblin siege, but now all exits are closed, and you know you won't be able to get out until the dwarves feel they are safe again.

During the day, you may vote and talk as usual.

During the night, you may venture out and try to steal an item from another player. Who knows? Maybe you'll find something useful.

Game Thread:

- iLord - Miner (1 shot vig)

You are Cerol Belalrith, a Miner

You have spent your days and nights and months down below the earth, digging away in search of precious ores. Things were going pretty well, for you had found a magma tunnel - which usually signals the presence of Adamantine.

Then the food supplies stopped coming from above. You returned to the upper fortress to find out that most everything was in shambles, and only a few living beings were wondering about. Are they friend or foe?

During the day, you may vote and talk in the thread. Hopefully you'll be able to lynch whatever invasors there are.

During the night, you may try to draw a creature to the lower mines, anduse your bronze pick to flood magma into the mines. This will most likely kill both you and your target.

Game Thread:

- Mariyta - Peasant

You are Vabok Vabokzedot, a peasant.

Oslavanthez, your home, has been sieged by the filthy goblins, who killed all but a handful of dwarves. The reconstruction work has begun (and like always, you have been assigned the brunt of the work), but it seems that not all danger has been removed from the fortress.

During the day you may vote to eliminate whatever is still threatening you. During the night, you may pray that no one with evil intentions pay you a visit.

Game Thread:

- Netman - Animal Trainer (watcher)

You are Unib Kiletabod, an Animal Trainer

The siege has finished, and now it is time to route any remaining enemies from your underground homes. Unfortunately, all of your wardogs were killed by the goblin invader, but you still have a single cow that may be put to use.

During the day, you may vote on whoever you think is a threat to the dwarves, in order to lynch them.

During the night, you can tie one of your animals near another player. That animal will warn you of everyone that targets your target in the same night.

Game Thread:

- reborn537 - Engraver

You are Edem Ekastkeskal, Engraver

You are responsible for some of the greatest works of art in the ceilings and walls of Oslavanthez, your dwarven home. All the other dwarves would spend hours everyday looking at your engravings, and parties would be thrown in the big statue room which you designed.

Alas, now most of your work is covered in blood from the goblin attack. You managed to survive the onslaught, but the danger is not over yet.

Every day, you may vote to decide who the remaining dwarves will attack. With some luck, you will soon be able to return to peacetime.

Game Thread:

- roffman - Cook

You are Lorbam Logemkosak, a cook.

Your dear dwarven home, Oslavanthez, has been recently attacked by goblins and other nasty creatures. Most of the military has been slain, including some dear friends of yours, but at least the siege was repealled.

Now only 12 dwarves remain. That should be enough to restart live in the underground, but something is wrong. You smell murder and blood, and not from the goblinoid hordes.

You may vote during the day to try and eliminate this danger.

Game Thread:

- Timeater - Cook

You are Minkot Custinthrith, a cook.

Such bad luck! You immigrated recently to Osvalanthez, after hearing about the large vein of lapiz lazuli that had been found there, and just a few months after you settled in, goblins sieged and destroyed the fortress!

Now all exits are sealed, and the dwarves are despairing, fearing some sort of hidden danger in the darkness. Your mother always told you not to be greedy. Still, you hold deary to your silver spoon.

You may vote during the day to eliminate any danger from the dwarven caverns, and you may talk in the thread to try and convince others that you are not part of this danger.

Game Thread:

- Verbal - Siege Engineer

You are Lolor Alathum, a Siege Engineer.

Oh my, that was a terrible battle. You were right up there in the battlements when the goblin siege arrived. The catapults and ballistaes that you designed were put to work by the army, but there were just too many goblins. They stormed the main halls, made short work of the army, and slaughtered most of the fortress.

Luckly, you were in the ammo room when the main defenses were breached, so you managed to lock yourself in, stay very very quiet, and just leave your position after everything was silent.

It was not a pretty sight. Only a handful of dirty, despairing dwarves remained. Some were already being driven insane by the visage of their former comrades' corpses. You brought a small dagger with you, just in case, because you have no idea how to use it.

Still something is amiss, you feel that the danger has not passed completely yet. Gather the other dwarves, talk to them during the day, and try to find and eliminate the threat.

Game Thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:36 am

Post by reborn537 »

Well played Pesco, a deserved victory.

I knew there was something off about you but I just couldn't convince anyone else of it!
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:14 am

Post by andersonw »

Claus wrote:I did something very similar in this game here:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8601
Stop reminding me :(
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:19 am

Post by andersonw »

Oh, and that game was like the only game where my scumdar was totally on! :P
(predicted the mafia and SK in my post 261! too bad no one believed me)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”