Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol, sillyman.

*pokes SpyreX with a large stick*
watch for the eggshells
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

OIC, my bad
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sticks are an obvious precursor to bows, then to guns. WHO LIKES GUNS?

WHOM PRAYTELL
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nicol Bolas
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Nicol Bolas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Nicol Bolas »

ortolan wrote:Is this based on a novel series? Or is it based on magic: the gathering cards like google seems to suggest? I was just wondering for background reading purposes, lol.
To clear this up, all the roles are cards in the Mirrodin, Darksteel, or Fifth Dawn sets of Magic the Gathering. However, the theme itself is based off the novels
Moons of Mirrodin, The Darksteel Eye, and The Fifth Dawn.

The day ends once a lynch is reached. If there is a majority on the Serum/Mycosynth, then that also happens.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Timeater »

Is SpyreX always this goofy?
The day ends once a lynch is reached. If there is a majority on the Serum/Mycosynth, then that also happens.
Aha! So its in the town's best interest to reach both Serum/Mycosynth votes
before
a lynch vote.
watch for the eggshells
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Each game has its own flow. Its ebb if you will. It is up to me to interpret these deep meanings and float along with them.

And yes, of course one should find the path to freedom in the eyes of the serum before one hangs a villain.

Who is the villain? Who is the hero that deserves the serum?

It is these answers that will be given to us. ONE SHALL STAND. ONE SHALL FALL.

Is it you?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Timeater »

lol
watch for the eggshells
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Wall-E »

Vote: Porkens

Serum: Wall-E

Mycosynth: ortolan
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Wall-E »

You will obey the Urr-Quan.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by ortolan »

Some thoughts: simply voting for oneself for the serum without giving any justification is unlikely to entice others to also vote for you, therefore is not going to result in you getting the serum. The only way one could make it more appealing for others to vote for you and thus have a chance of being nominated for the serum is by either role claiming or at least hinting at one's role and the benefits that you getting the serum will bring to the town. I take it no-one's about to do this, at least at this stage. There is, I believe another way of assigning the serum (a very simple method also) but I don't think it's best I suggest it until the day has progressed and we've had far more discussion.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by Wall-E »

I'm curious what your idea is. I have something to gain by getting the serum. I'll claim if I have to.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

claim
now
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by ortolan »

Actually I came up with a different idea which people can give their thoughts on. If there's any townie, made of steel, who believes they would benefit the town by getting the serum, then they should claim. The fact they are made of steel may prevent them being nightkilled before they can use their ability or confer their benefits upon the town. It should also be an ability which is able to be verified by the town for what it did the following day, to preclude the possibility of them being scum. If they turn out to be scum lying and something happens other than what they claimed we can throw them in the mycosynth on day 2 and lynch them day 3 (come to think of it this may be argued to be a bad plan as a result). Of course another drawback is that it is more than possible that scum have an ability to remove steel themselves, depending on how many townies are made of steel.

While one problem with this plan is that the scum may be able to remove the serum-receiver's steel and kill them in the same night, I don't see a way round this regardless of who we give the serum to. By giving the serum to someone we risk them being nightkilled anyhow (however if there is a doctor role they'd want to target the receiver).

There is also the possibility there may be an argument for assigning the serum without any role-claiming. If scum do not know what the player can do with the serum then they do not know whether it's worth killing them or not.

Any thoughts on any of these approaches?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by ortolan »

I don't think anyone should claim until the town has discussed which approach is the best.

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

I am Triskelion.

I am a "steel fleet" a town aligned steel being. According to my flavor, I noticed a hole in the razor fields, saw a war waging, and decided to help the fleshies. I win when my faction is the last standing.

If received, I will give full disclosure, and cooperate in any way I can to help verify my claim.
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by Timeater »

Bleh, ninja'd @38

Oh well, it probably would have come down to a claim anyway. Everyone is vanilla so claims dont mean a whole lot. Like I said, later down the line you can throw me in the Mycosynth pit to verify.
watch for the eggshells
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by ortolan »

So do you know what the serum will do to you?

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Timeater »

Nope, all I know is that I'm metal and I cannot be killed in anyway.
watch for the eggshells
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by ortolan »

Am I correct in interpreting from the first post that we are free to quote our role pms in the thread?

Perhaps you should do so if that is the case (I see no harm as you've already claimed)

I would advise against anyone else claiming at this stage however.

Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Timeater »

Reread page 1 this, made me O_o
PM Quoting: You may quote PMs, I don't care. However, all PMs are in this format.
Cant hurt?
Welcome, Timeater.

You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet. You were just flying through the skies one day when you happened upon a gaping hole in the razor fields. You entered. You found a veritable war going on between some fleshies and an army of robots. Being the multi-faced person you are, you have decided to help the fleshies.
Abilities: You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.

Confirm in thread.
So yeah. Gimme serumz. :O

Also,

Unvote Mycosynth
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Timeater »

@ #43

Dude stop ninja'ing me.
watch for the eggshells
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by ortolan »

I'd be fine with giving you the serum then, but I'll wait for other comments first.

The only slight reservation I have is that in my role pm, unlike yours, it seems as though my powers from the serum are kind of "hinted" at (although I could be wrong). In your case I don't see anything like that. However I hardly think that's a good reason to think you made it up. I hope it will be an ability you can offer some proof of the next day.

Also,
Unvote all
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Some thoughts: simply voting for oneself for the serum without giving any justification is unlikely to entice others to also vote for you, therefore is not going to result in you getting the serum. The only way one could make it more appealing for others to vote for you and thus have a chance of being nominated for the serum is by either role claiming or at least hinting at one's role and the benefits that you getting the serum will bring to the town. I take it no-one's about to do this, at least at this stage. There is, I believe another way of assigning the serum (a very simple method also) but I don't think it's best I suggest it until the day has progressed and we've had far more discussion.
One finds this statement useful - obvious but useful. One wonders why one would vote for someone else with no reason considering the merits listed above.

One also finds no merit in talking about talking about a plan while waiting for discussion when one knows that the fact such a plan exists will shape said discussion.
Welcome, Timeater.

You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet. You were just flying through the skies one day when you happened upon a gaping hole in the razor fields. You entered. You found a veritable war going on between some fleshies and an army of robots. Being the multi-faced person you are, you have decided to help the fleshies.
Abilities: You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.

Confirm in thread.
One expected this to happen. One did not expect it so early.

However, one also knew that if PM's were available that our Mod would give evil ones claims that were safe.

One is very hesitant in giving a metalloid the serum. One is also even more hesitant that it has been done this early to one that was willing to vote for oneself to gain said serum.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by ortolan »

ortolan wrote:Some thoughts: simply voting for oneself for the serum without giving any justification is unlikely to entice others to also vote for you, therefore is not going to result in you getting the serum. The only way one could make it more appealing for others to vote for you and thus have a chance of being nominated for the serum is by either role claiming or at least hinting at one's role and the benefits that you getting the serum will bring to the town. I take it no-one's about to do this, at least at this stage. There is, I believe another way of assigning the serum (a very simple method also) but I don't think it's best I suggest it until the day has progressed and we've had far more discussion.
One finds this statement useful - obvious but useful. One wonders why one would vote for someone else with no reason considering the merits listed above.
I intended to illustrate that simply voting for oneself without claiming serves no purpose.
One also finds no merit in talking about talking about a plan while waiting for discussion when one knows that the fact such a plan exists will shape said discussion.
I actually did have an alternative in mind. This was that we let a fair portion of the day go past and then simply nominate who we found the least scummy for the whole day. Hopefully we would get a townie and then the mafia would have no idea of their role or possible serum abilities and whether they were worth nightkilling. My reasons were for not stating this plan up-front is that it would have given mafia players a reason to act particularly unscummy were they aware of it up-front.
One expected this to happen. One did not expect it so early.

However, one also knew that if PM's were available that our Mod would give evil ones claims that were safe.
That is, admittedly, a possibility.
One is very hesitant in giving a metalloid the serum. One is also even more hesitant that it has been done this early to one that was willing to vote for oneself to gain said serum.
No-one has said he should get the serum yet, he only has one vote the serum so far which he has placed. It is regretful that he claimed so early but it can't be helped now.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by Timeater »

I really dont see the harm in claiming when I did. Coming from my perspective, I had to claim - the only downside of me claiming is that it gives ammunition and a topic to some possible scummers that haven't posted yet. I cant persuade people to give me the serum on my gaming merits alone; I'm a relative newbie here - the best thing I could do was claim.

Like I said, if you dont like how I'm playing, or believe I am not to be trusted, you can always toss me in the Mycosynth pit a few days from now.

As I player, I dont really have any gimmicks are obvious "tells" - I'm just sort of a rough and tumble player who bulldozes through things and comes off strong. When I sniff scum, I can get extremely aggressive to the point of shocking other players. My townie philosophy is one of open books, I will never lie, and if I do, shoot me dead - I'm a stern believe in lynch all liars. I am the best candidate to get a power because I will become immune to the whole night-kill process, leaving better targets for the scum to NK = the vanilla townies who aren't metal. The 'fleshies'.

^ The above was basically a "vote for me" plea. (Speaking of voting, I'm doing it tomorrow for the first time! Obama 08' @_@)

If someone else claims metal today, I'm guessing they are scum. I know thats a huge case of WIFOM, but eh. If you are a fellow townie metal player, hold off as long as possible. We dont need egos clashing d1 to grab the first serum power, and we dont need the scum knowing who you are to make a mycosynth case on you.

Although it might just be me.
watch for the eggshells

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”