Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3675 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 4.05

With 7 players, it takes 4 to make a decision. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2022-05-08 22:30:00).

VC
MalcolmTucker [2]:
KittyTacky [], Malakittens [] ---
E-2

KittyTacky [2]:
MalcolmTucker [], Roden [] ---
E-2

Malakittens [1]:
humaneatingmonkey []

Not voting [2]:
Gamma Emerald, MathBlade []
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3676 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3673, Gamma Emerald wrote:Pretty sure the vig is a red herring rn
Agreed. Vigs are conf town in innos. This game already has a lot of power. I doubt a vig is here.

Roden and Gamma I ask again, do you TR Malcolm?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3677 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not really atp
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3678 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:11 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3652, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3622, Roden wrote:
In post 3472, Roden wrote:Mala, can we talk? I need your perspective on something.
In post 3484, Roden wrote:
From what I understand, you town read me and scum read HEM. Do you think this is similar to Control and that I'm just pocketed here?
I'd also like for Mala to respond to this.
Can you give a brief summary of this game? It’s obviously important to you. What similarities are you asking about?
Basically I got pocketed by two different people who town read me after I got mass scum read by town for like five day phases in a row. One just hard defended me all game while occasionally pretending to hesitate/reevaluate, while the other went from hard scum reading me to town reading me. It's bit more complex than that, but that's more or less it. There's also the last game we just had with Koba where I had a hunch they were scum but got browbeat pocketed into defending them anyway.

One of my biggest weaknesses as town is that I find it really difficult to tell the difference between someone who genuinely town reads me and someone who's just trying to pocket me. I understand that by openly claiming this that I'm just giving scum an opportunity to more confidently try to pocket me in the future, but it's already happened enough recently that I'm pretty sure that people who've played with me enough already know this. Though I hope that by being open about this, town can analyze how other people play around me and why people town read me.

It's why I keep asking people who've seen me get pocketed before if they think it's happening now. Using Control as an example, Mala scum read me in that game and didn't get why others town read me. It turned out it was because most of the ones who did were scum. Because of that, I've been hoping to get her perspective and for her to go into further detail on why she thinks HEM is scum, but she seems to be tuned out this game.

Also the reason I brought up Koba's pocket from last game is because they made a similar play to what Leaf did this game. Koba argued that I only scum read them because of ego, and it made me hesitate enough to wonder if I was just making an ego play or if I was actually just right. Turned out I was just right, but it still shook my confidence enough to stop going after them. Leaf basically did the same thing this game (in addition to a lot of anti-town behavior in general), and it makes me wonder if it's just the same situation again. He claimed to have mentored Koba, so I could see them using the same strategies as scum.

Main problem with this is that I read some of Leaf's past games and he apparently just kind of...does that, regardless of alignment. One game in particular was very similar to this one: he was manipulative, threw a fit when he didn't get his way, and then replaced out. But then it turned out his fight was just TvT in the end. That combined with Gamma's play after replacing in makes me think the slot is town. I still want other perspectives here though, because he's starting to coast a bit and no one's paying much attention there, with the exception of Italiano and Malcom giving their last reads before elimination and saying they could be wrong about their town read there.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3679 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:30 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3653, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3634, Roden wrote:
In post 3623, MalcolmTucker wrote:Roden is transparently doing all they can here to clear Kitty, who is about to be heavily involved in a townie wagon for the third time in the game, this time for an identical reason to the exact logic they gave for their decision to eliminating Italiano still being a sensible one.
Are you talking about this post?
In post 3613, Roden wrote:I feel like Kitty has been getting heat all game, but it never really seemed like they were in danger of getting eliminated.
Because this is me openly wondering why Kitty doesn't ever have the momentum to get wagon'd. I actually don't understand why they haven't been in any real danger this game. I went back and dug through Koopa's ISO since I remember they had a lot to say about Kitty, and though they went back and forth on their read before ending up with a town read there, when they did suspect Kitty there still wasn't much momentum there.

If you think Kitty is scum then why has there been so little pressure there overall? If I'm partnered with Kitty then why isn't anyone else seeing it? Do you think I'm just easily snowing HEM Math Gamma and Mala?
In post 3648, Roden wrote:Alright, let's try something.

VOTE: Kitty
I really think Malcolm is ultimately necessary here. If Gamma agrees on Kitty, I will go Kitty for consensus but you moving to Kitty is odd here. I am having a hard time figuring out how you can agree with me on the mechanics then don’t want to follow through.
I wanted to see what would happen. Getting reactions from everyone is good info, and I was especially interested to see how Malcolm reacted. Him going quiet wasn't what I expected though.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3680 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3676, MathBlade wrote:
Agreed. Vigs are conf town in innos. This game already has a lot of power. I doubt a vig is here.

I think this post could be a town spew:
In post 3620, MalcolmTucker wrote:Getting rid of me is still silly given I'm very much not mafia (my plan demonstrates that quite clearly) but probably little more I can do to make that obvious to the doubters. Scum being able to take the piss here it feeels like quite frankly but it happens I guess. Suppose there's a world where I'm wrong and it's Mala/Gamma or something and I've been on the wrong track all game so it can happen.
Scum typically try to anti-spew or cause WIFOM if they're going to die. Additionally, scum casing me while moments away from death seems a little pointless. It also feels like there's a bit too much consensus in voting out Malcolm?

On the other hand, he slowed his activity quite a bit when I voted Kitty. That feels really fucking off.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3681 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 9:03 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 3668, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why are we about to elim the claimed PR
I don't think a Simple JK makes sense in this setup, and his push on me makes no sense and is super opportunistic.

The vig is almost certainly a red herring.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3682 (ISO) » Thu May 05, 2022 10:37 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Some people said other claims didn't make sense and yet you continually pushed them for sitting on said players who claimed.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3683 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 3:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3680, Roden wrote:

In post 3620, MalcolmTucker wrote:Getting rid of me is still silly given I'm very much not mafia (my plan demonstrates that quite clearly) but probably little more I can do to make that obvious to the doubters. Scum being able to take the piss here it feeels like quite frankly but it happens I guess. Suppose there's a world where I'm wrong and it's Mala/Gamma or something and I've been on the wrong track all game so it can happen.
Scum typically try to anti-spew or cause WIFOM if they're going to die. Additionally, scum casing me while moments away from death seems a little pointless. It also feels like there's a bit too much consensus in voting out Malcolm?

On the other hand, he slowed his activity quite a bit when I voted Kitty. That feels really fucking off.
Where I am at is one of two possibilities:
A> Malcolm is scum with a poor fake claim. Hem has been hard defending and Mala soft defending and you not willing to vote Malcolm. Everyone else has been okay with a Malcolm Elim. That’s what I would expect if HEM or Mala or you are partners. The fact Malcolm isn’t hammered demonstrates there isn’t consensus.

The post you linked is not townspew imho. It’s desperation. I even pointed out the flaws in that later. I think Malcolm just expected everyone to go “not Malcolm”.

Or B> Malcolm is town. Like how does this work at all? I can’t make this fit. Malcolm has been on the sidelines (vote wise) most of the game and that is pretty typical of scum. Day one we couldn’t elim anyone hardly. Malcolm was on the Andres wagon (which matches scum possibly bussing theory I had)

Mainly I am at the point of trying to shove a square peg in a round hole here.

I think Malcolm has to be the elim today and that’s a pretty weak argument for a no. Imho if you don’t want to elim Malcolm then I need more to assuage these doubts. Especially because if I put my vote back on Malcolm they’ve threatened to end the day which is very scummy. Consider me spiritually there though.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3684 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 5:05 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 3682, MalcolmTucker wrote:Some people said other claims didn't make sense and yet you continually pushed them for sitting on said players who claimed.
Those claims made sense to me at least, not in the least because it was respectively a day 1 investigative claim and a day 2 investigative claim with a guilty. False equivalency.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3685 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3683, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3680, Roden wrote:

Where I am at is one of two possibilities:
A> Malcolm is scum with a poor fake claim. Hem has been hard defending and Mala soft defending and you not willing to vote Malcolm. Everyone else has been okay with a Malcolm Elim. That’s what I would expect if HEM or Mala or you are partners. The fact Malcolm isn’t hammered demonstrates there isn’t consensus.

The post you linked is not townspew imho. It’s desperation. I even pointed out the flaws in that later. I think Malcolm just expected everyone to go “not Malcolm”.

Or B> Malcolm is town. Like how does this work at all? I can’t make this fit. Malcolm has been on the sidelines (vote wise) most of the game and that is pretty typical of scum. Day one we couldn’t elim anyone hardly. Malcolm was on the Andres wagon (which matches scum possibly bussing theory I had)

Mainly I am at the point of trying to shove a square peg in a round hole here.

I think Malcolm has to be the elim today and that’s a pretty weak argument for a no. Imho if you don’t want to elim Malcolm then I need more to assuage these doubts. Especially because if I put my vote back on Malcolm they’ve threatened to end the day which is very scummy. Consider me spiritually there though.
These are all fair points. My thinking at this point is that if Kitty flips scum, then Malcolm is basically conftown, right? On the flip side, if Kitty flips town and Malcolm doesn't die over night, then he's confscum. There isn't any chance it could be TvT.

...Or, it's been scum theatre the whole time, and Malcolm doesn't know how to react to a potential Kitty elim after having expected to die today.

It's been two days since I've voted Kitty and he's had nothing to say about it. He accused me of being Kitty's scum buddy, but he hasn't attempted to reevaluate me after the vote. Not even a mention that I could be bussing. And he stopped pushing Kitty as well; I feel like if he saw momentum to kill his scum read and survive the day, he'd feel at least a bit hopeful. Instead he's just prod dodging and avoiding the game.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3686 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3647, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 3645, Roden wrote:
In post 3631, MalcolmTucker wrote:Fundamentally it's interesting here that I have been the main elimination candidate for the majority of the day but my vote count keeps hovering around two. I can only have one partner if I'm hypothetical mafia, and yet nobody is really strongly defending me either. Whatever is going on someone from mafia (I expect Kitty's partner) is wary to end this because they don't want to look suspect, and they fundamentally want town to do it.
I'm seeing this too. That's why I don't want to end the Day yet.

I don't think scum are wary to vote you though. Game state doesn't suggest anyone who ends the day soon is definitely scum since there's a general agreement of everyone suspecting you.
In post 3632, MalcolmTucker wrote:Roden, I also don't feel like you've really addressed how silly your whole deep wolfing theory on me is (the reason I've suspected you to be honest) given it's predicated on me having advanced foresight neither Kitty nor HEM would be eliminated at all.
I don't think there's anything silly about it and no one else seems to agree with that either.
It's silly because it's predicated on the idea I was able to guess the eliminations in advance. Would I have been deep wolfing if HEM went out and came back town or mafia? Clearly not. Yet I'd been willing to vote for them consistently. I am town who (for once) correctly read the play of other players as town, and now that is being used as the basis for my elimination, AFTER I have claimed a role as town, that is just incredibly frustrating.
Why does Malcolm go quiet after I try to give him exactly what he wanted here? He's claiming he's frustrated, but then does nothing for two days when I vote Kitty and start defending him.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3687 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:25 pm

Post by Malakittens »

i have been disconnected from the game. I'm really sorry. I just been disconnected from everything.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3688 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Malcolm

Get in. We’re flipping Malcolm.

Malcolm if you’re town, but I don’t think you are, let’s chat post game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3689 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: malcolm
See y’all tomorrow
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3690 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:57 pm

VC 4.FINAL

With 7 players, it takes 4 to make a decision. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2022-05-08 22:30:00).

VC
MalcolmTucker [4]:
KittyTacky [], Malakittens [], MathBlade [], Gamma Emerald [] ---
HAMMER

KittyTacky [2]:
MalcolmTucker [], Roden [] ---
E-2

Malakittens [1]:
humaneatingmonkey []
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3691 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2022 1:59 pm

MalcolmTucker has been voted out of the game. He was a
Town Simple Jailkeeper

It is now Night 4. Please send me any night actions in the next (expired on 2022-05-08 18:00:00).

Spoiler: Good night!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3692 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 2:21 pm

I'm traveling today, so day start will be delayed by ~3 hours. Thanks for your patience :)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3693 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 5:16 pm

Roden died last night. He was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Day 5.

Spoiler: Good morning!
Last edited by Cat Scratch Fever on Sun May 08, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3694 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 5:18 pm

VC 5.00

With 5 players, it takes 3 to make a decision. Day 5 ends in (expired on 2022-05-16 22:00:00).

VC
Not voting [5]:
MathBlade, KittyTacky, Gamma Emerald, Malakittens, humaneatingmonkey
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3695 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I feel like that kill is a sign kittytacky is scum
<Embrace The Void>

KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3696 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Well I done fucked up. I'm town. Town loses. It's partially my fault. I think it's Mala after all but no way I will be able to push that through. GG.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3697 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Also, how?
~Vasex
~Enchant
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3698 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Roden and Malcolm both were pushing you
They both flipped town
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3699 (ISO) » Sun May 08, 2022 6:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yup. I feel this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”