Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

iamausername (2)
- andersonw, Awesome Pants
Farkshinsoup (2)
- Rishi, KingEnigma
Tarhalindur (1)
- Farkshinsoup
Elmo (1)
- forbiddanlight
MacavityLock (2)
- Tarhalindur, Flask of Pestilence
forbiddanlight (3)
- MacavityLock, Elmo, iamausername

Not voting (1) - Grimmy

Seven
votes to lynch.

KingEnigma and Awesome Pants will be replaced because of limited access and impending away-ness.

The deadline is again suspended. A one week deadline will be set when replacements are found.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Elmo »

Okay, let's make it interesting. A hypothetical Cylon who is not knowingly part of an informed minority (i.e. is not definitely scum) should claim that fact (and only that fact) now. In fact, I think we should have a limited mass claim, whereby we post one of the following:
1) To the best of my knowledge, I am not a cylon.
2) I am a cylon, but I have no reason to believe I am part of an informed minority.
A mafia game is defined primarily as a struggle between an uninformed majority and an informed minority. For this purpose, something like a mason pair is
not
an informed minority. forbiddanlight would be posting #2 based on what she has said; I'm going to tentatively
unvote
:
forbiddanlight
pending this.

To the best of my knowledge, I am not a cylon.

Flask: Do you want me to say what I am thinking? I am thinking a lot. (Apparently we have this psychic thing going, so guess.) I dislike
something
about post 399 very much.
Tarhalindur and forbiddanlight: Please state or paraphrase
every
piece of information in your role PM. Don't get modkilled. Tar goes first.

Removed
tags. See Rule 6. - desMod
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I agree with Elmo and Flask's latest posts, and I find both claims plausible (I give Forbiddan more points than Tar, though) I'll wait for Tar and Forbiddan to chime in first.
Unvote
I'm interested also to hear what you guys have to say about post 399.

Oh, and condolences to Rishi.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:22 am

Post by iamausername »

Elmo wrote:To the best of my knowledge, I am not a cylon.
Yup.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I dislike something about post 399 very much.
Is it snowing in hell? I
AGREE
with you. I was actually about to mention that post. AwesomePants goes from mostly lurking to these one liner half stances that don't even show where he's thinking at all.

Tarhalindur and forbiddanlight: Please state or paraphrase every piece of information in your role PM. Don't get modkilled. Tar goes first.
Alright, this is fine. Also, deadline is approaching but it would appear that we need two replacements. We are likely to get another extension as per the rules.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Rishi »

Wow. A lot of things happening now. Caught up.

Thanks to those of you who offered condolences. I really appreciate it. Okay, now on with the game.

First of all, I am not a cylon. (Man, I've recently been playing the BSG Boardgame a lot, and I've been saying that sentence quite a bit.)

I feel good about Tar's claim. I'm actually more inclined to believe Tar's claim due to the fact that it seems somewhat improbable. It seems too far fetched to actually be fake. Also, Tar was breadcrumbing this claim from the beginning - not just when he was in trouble. I'm not sure where the targeting thing comes into play with Kara Thrace - though there is a lot of gun imagery in the series associated with Starbuck - she's a crack shot as a Viper pilot and she did threaten President Roslin once with a gun. Still, I'm willing to go with it for now.

As for forbiddan's claim, I don't know. I don't like how she was talking about her inevitable death. It sounded like she wanted to be lynched. Of course, if she had a compelling reason to be lynched, she could have self-hammered. I don't like the way she's been playing but, at least for now, I'll chalk it up to frustration rather than scumminess.

I don't like FoP's softclaim in 398. Not sure why. I guess I don't like unnecessary softclaims. I've seen them used by scum just as much as town.

Also, I guess I should address some older stuff before my disappearance.

There are others who pointed out scummy stuff with MacavityLock. Especially around the time he wanted someone to auto-claim after a self-vote.

So, Elmo, you weren't playing intentionally scummy? How is "^Kill plz. FoS: Tar" not at least a little scummy? It seems you were definitely trying to gauge reactions first before explaining what you were doing.

And, finally, to Fark. You can't say, "Well, Timeater's arguments on me were weak and so you seem scummy because you didn't recognize they were weak." Everyone will think, regardless of alignment, that the attacks on them are weak. In fact, I usually toss a few townie points to people who can freely admit that someone has a good point against them. Still, I'll admit that maybe I'm focusing on Fark for all the wrong reasons.
Unvote: Fark

So, yeah, I'm a little stumped right now. About halfway through Page 16, I would have jumped on the forbiddan bandwagon, but there's enough doubt in me now.

I'm convinced scum has to be in one of the lurkers. Not sure which one to look at, though.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

Elmo, in his 401, wrote:2) I am a cylon, but I have no reason to believe I am part of an informed minority.
Patrick and I are this. We are a cylon, but we have no reason to believe that we're part of an informed minority.
Elmo, in his 401, wrote:Flask: Do you want me to say what I am thinking?
I think you should probably hold off on that until everyone gets there limited claims in and then maybe go into it a bit further afterwards.

As for AP's 399, I, too, didn't like it very much. I'd rather not go into the reasons why I don't like it just yet since again, I'd like the limited claims to continue before explaining my own personal reasoning for not liking it.
Rishi, in his 405, wrote:I don't like FoP's softclaim in 398. Not sure why. I guess I don't like unnecessary softclaims. I've seen them used by scum just as much as town.
Can you go into this a bit further? This doesn't really say much and actually seems somewhat wishy-washy as you seem to lament that you just don't like softclaims in general for some unknown reason but then you come to the conclusion that you see them being used equally in town and scum. What is it that you don't like about our particular hint in 398?

- Incog.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Sorry for not posting in a while, I've been trying to work this all out. Barring a Number 3 counter-claim, I have reason to believe that forbiddan is telling the truth. I do not know if she is scum or not, but I expect that the role name is real. For now however, the pushing back of our deadline allows me to
unvote
. I would also like the full info claim from forbiddan.

FoP, I get the feeling you're just moving your vote around your top suspects to try to get claims from everyone you can. That disturbs me.

As for mini-claim, I am a cylon, with no reason to believe that I am part of an informed minority.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by Elmo »

• I still kind of really want to kill Tar. For some reason. FL less so. Same vibe as c_d's fakeclaim in S&S2. That can't be good.
  • If Flask is scum, I'll eat my hat. Or.. just be really freaked out. I suppose I should really reread him. :effort:
  • Fark, anderson, grimmy, and Pants need to do the limited-claim thing.
  • Rishi: I don't understand how saying essentially "I want to kill FL; I am suspicious of Tar" is gauging reactions. It seems the opposite, stating an opinion without regard to how it's perceived. I have no idea how it's supposed to be scummy.
  • I need to metagame FL. Games to read: Open 81, Mini 635, Open 92 (again), Mini 630, Mini 628, Open 83, Mini 626. I am just being lazy and putting this here instead of bookmarking it or something.
  • My suspicions are kind of doing a cartwheel right now. I want to get this limited-claim done and then have a good long think.
This is really weird. (No shit, Sherlock.)

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Gah, I really don't think its a good idea for us to be claiming (even in the limited way) and I have a good reason but I don't want to say good reason because of another good reason. :(

Can anyone quickly tell me who has claimed so far (full)?
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:35 pm

Post by Elmo »

forbiddanlight - cylon
Flask of Pestilence - cylon
Rishi - not cylon
iamausername - not cylon
Tarhalindur - human (full claim)
Elmo - not cylon
MacavityLock - cylon

I believe.

I feel this was necessary to (very probably) establish that there are non-scum cylons. What do you believe
is
a good idea to say, Pants?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:38 pm

Post by Elmo »

Addendum:
forbiddanlight - D'Anna Biers, Cylon (full claim)
Tarhalindur - Kara Thrace, Human (full claim)

Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Hmm, my theory was wrong looking back.

Anyway,
2) I am a cylon, but I have no reason to believe I am part of an informed minority.
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:23 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Elmo wrote:
  • Fark, anderson, grimmy, and Pants need to do the limited-claim thing.
As does KE-replacement, I think.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:58 am

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

Tarhalindur is lurking.
MacavityLock wrote:FoP, I get the feeling you're just moving your vote around your top suspects to try to get claims from everyone you can. That disturbs me.
Tarhalindur's claim is far from confirmed, but I'm leary of lynching uncounterclaimed information roles on day 1, so I moved to forbiddanlight. She's produced something that leads me to believe she's genuine. In light of that, it seems logical to move my vote to another suspect. Do you disagree with that? Otherwise this just seems like an attempt to discredit.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Limited access for next 48 hours - I am cylon, not part of an informed minority.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:16 am

Post by andersonw »

To the best of my knowledge, I am not a cylon.

I can't really think about what to post on, could some people ask me some questions that I can respond to?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:FoP, I get the feeling you're just moving your vote around your top suspects to try to get claims from everyone you can. That disturbs me.
Tarhalindur's claim is far from confirmed, but I'm leary of lynching uncounterclaimed information roles on day 1, so I moved to forbiddanlight. She's produced something that leads me to believe she's genuine. In light of that, it seems logical to move my vote to another suspect. Do you disagree with that? Otherwise this just seems like an attempt to discredit.
When I first read it, it seemed like claim-fishing. I was at least looking for some elaboration, which I see here.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:21 am

Post by MacavityLock »

andersonw wrote:To the best of my knowledge, I am not a cylon.

I can't really think about what to post on, could some people ask me some questions that I can respond to?
Not to bring us back to page 2, but are you scum?

Real question: What do you think of either claim?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

#

# I need to metagame FL. Games to read: Open 81, Mini 635, Open 92 (again), Mini 630, Mini 628, Open 83, Mini 626. I am just being lazy and putting this here instead of bookmarking it or something.
Well, the problem with Mini 628 is I replaced out D1 in that. The others are fine. Um...you could also read Mini 657, Mini 663, Mushroom Kingdom Mafia, um...trying to think of others...nyeh, there's a list in my wiki.
Sorry for not posting in a while, I've been trying to work this all out. Barring a Number 3 counter-claim, I have reason to believe that forbiddan is telling the truth. I do not know if she is scum or not, but I expect that the role name is real. For now however, the pushing back of our deadline allows me to unvote. I would also like the full info claim from forbiddan.
Are you paying attention? I gave it for the most part. The name and my (lack of) abilities. Or did I miss something?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Elmo »

forbiddanlight wrote:Or did I miss something?
Possibly; Tar first, though.

Pretty sure he's due for a prod. *ModPMs*

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Sorry for not posting in a while, I've been trying to work this all out. Barring a Number 3 counter-claim, I have reason to believe that forbiddan is telling the truth. I do not know if she is scum or not, but I expect that the role name is real. For now however, the pushing back of our deadline allows me to unvote. I would also like the full info claim from forbiddan.
Are you paying attention? I gave it for the most part. The name and my (lack of) abilities. Or did I miss something?
Yeah, I was showing support for Elmo's idea.
Elmo wrote:Tarhalindur and forbiddanlight: Please state or paraphrase
every
piece of information in your role PM. Don't get modkilled. Tar goes first.
Now that I'm quoting it, I see that I missed that Elmo wanted Tar to go first. I'd prefer for forbiddan to, but whatever.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Now that I'm quoting it, I see that I missed that Elmo wanted Tar to go first. I'd prefer for forbiddan to, but whatever.
Ah, now I remember that ^-^. Waiting on tar.
-StrangerCoug

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by iamausername »

Unvote
, because now that we pretty much know for sure that we have town-aligned cylons, I definitely trust FL's claim.

Vote: Awesome Pants
for now. I'm going to look over the Macavity case, because he's been getting a fair amount of attention lately, and I don't recall finding him particularly scummy. Or noteworthy in any way, really.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by destructor »

Grimmy and Tarhalindur have been prodded.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”