petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Two Vote Count #3: End of Day Two

6 MafiaSSK (Seraphim, charter, Yaw, forbiddanlight, SensFan, Caboose)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch! It will take
to lynch at deadline, which is November 10, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 5 – Electra, Empking, MafiaSSK, RandomGem, wolframnhart

~

MafiaSSK, Townie, Town
has been lynched!
MafiaSSK, Townie wrote:
Townie

You are a vanilla townie. You have no special abilities, although you do have an extraordinary ability for giving a good, bloodcurdling scream upon death. How you are aware of this before you have actually died is for you to ponder.

You win with the town when all Mafiates, Serial Killers, and Cultists are dead and somebody with the exact same win condition as you is alive.

Good luck, and have fun! Be sure to read the rules of the game. Confirm your role by PM.
It is now
Night Two
. Choices are due to me by November 5, 9:59 pm CDT.

RandomGem may be replaced due to request, and I am in the process of determing if that is necessary – night
may
be extended if a replacement is warranted.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:05 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Searching for a replacement for RandomGem.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Tamuz replaces RandomGem. Deadline for night is extended one real-time day, in accordance with Regular Rule #5.

New deadline: November 6, 9:59 pm CDT.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

charter, Mafia B, has been shot.

Yaw, ???, Town, has been shot.

It is now
Day Three
. With
alive, it takes
to lynch, and
to lynch at deadline. Deadline is November 20, 9:59 pm CDT.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Electra »

Yay for protown vigilantes, maybe?

I want to ask a question - mainly,
do you think that SensFan is likely to be town?
You can answer in and out of the context that charter is Mafia.

For me, I feel like he reads as town, but in addition to that, I find charter's statement of "I'm pretty sure sensfan is town" to indicate that he would be more likely than not. It's a typical Mafia thing to do to say this about someone you know is town, as a way of buddying up to the townsperson and also in case Sens is lynched, it would be an i-told-you-so.

Anyway,
vote:Seraphim
. I have reason to believe you may be scum, and so I would like a claim from you.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Caboose »

Going to do a read-through of charter's posts tomorrow. Good night everyone.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I laid out my reasoning yesterday.

Vote Seraphim
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Post by Tamuz »

hi, post tommorow
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Seraphim »

I'll go point-by-point for you, FL. I have absolutely no problem with parrying your strikes.

1) Besides the name of the game and the fact that even the first post says:
However, I am trying to emphasize that some roles have particular nuances, and instead of playing “hide the ball”, I want you to realize these nuances and take them into account while playing.
Jelly is pretty much saying that some of the roles will be really, really weird. At least, that's my way of looking at it.

2) I agree, this does look rather bad on my part. However, the rest of the post is lost to the voids of computer data, never to be found again. I suppose I wanted to make it look like a mistake because I didn't want to seem indecisive. When I made that edit...well, it was more of a pride thing, I suppose. In hindsight, after I had made that half-of-a-post and had noticed my case leads towards a MafiaSSK lynch as opposed to an Electra lynch. Instead of retyping my post, I instead made it look like that was my intention all along. Which was a major, major gaffe.

3) I'm not I understand quite what you're saying. Do you mind clarifying?

4) I suppose that's a viewpoint I don't share with you, Miss Light.

5) Fair enough, fair enough.

6) Summary post for that coming up. I'm going to reread the entire game and post my new findings and my case against Electra once again. This reread will also put the game into perspective for me, as charter has been revealed to be scum.

Now, for Electra...

I don't know, frankly. I don't think that statement should be used at all for evidence of anyone's scumminess, because it merely leads to WIFOM. We can play this guessing game all we want, but I think that we should play the game based off of what people have said, not what other people have said about them.

Also, that claim...

I don't think I'll claim if you, someone I think is scum, is asking me. I suppose it is a fair question though, because unless things change, I will probably be lynched today, which would be bad at this point. So, if it makes anyone feel better...

I claim vanilla townie. I have no powers. Nothing in the slightest. No special roles. No nothing.

Vote: Electra

Case and reread tomorrow or Monday. Depends on how much time I have tomorrow(our school's musical has two performances tomorrow, but I hope to sneak in some posts in the morning).
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Why would you automatically think it is a pro-town vigilante electra? Even if you did say "maybe" it is an odd conclusion to immediately jump to.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:43 am

Post by Empking »

Vote; Elektra

Along with everything else that "Yay for pro-town vigilates" when we can be pretty sure that their are two scum groups scummy.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Jelly is pretty much saying that some of the roles will be really, really weird. At least, that's my way of looking at it.
I'll let this one settle.

2) I agree, this does look rather bad on my part. However, the rest of the post is lost to the voids of computer data, never to be found again. I suppose I wanted to make it look like a mistake because I didn't want to seem indecisive. When I made that edit...well, it was more of a pride thing, I suppose. In hindsight, after I had made that half-of-a-post and had noticed my case leads towards a MafiaSSK lynch as opposed to an Electra lynch. Instead of retyping my post, I instead made it look like that was my intention all along. Which was a major, major gaffe.
Admitting it doesn't make it right. We don't know precisely where your post was going and we won't find out. I don't think my point was invalid.

3) I'm not I understand quite what you're saying. Do you mind clarifying?
You said you didn't say Yaw was scum, but in that earlier post, you said he was. It's somewhat of a contradiction.

4) I suppose that's a viewpoint I don't share with you, Miss Light.
Well, that's not as much the problem as the problem of the motives you were ascribing Yaw for not believing SP's roleclaim. So just because someone claims he's supposed to automatically jump off and go on another wagon? Considering no one really observed SSK claiming survivor, I think point 5 kinda covers this as well..

5) Fair enough, fair enough.
This wasn't a point against you so I'm not sure why I pointed it out, lol.

6) Summary post for that coming up. I'm going to reread the entire game and post my new findings and my case against Electra once again. This reread will also put the game into perspective for me, as charter has been revealed to be scum.
Fine. I'm keeping my vote on you for the time being since everyone else seems to want to lynch Electra.
Why would you automatically think it is a pro-town vigilante electra? Even if you did say "maybe" it is an odd conclusion to immediately jump to.
This.
FoS Electra
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Electra »

Uh... when I see roles that are antitown being killed, I like to hope that there are protown vigs. I know that it's probably actually an SK, but I have wishful thinking.

@Seraphim - Don't bother with a case on me, I have a much better case on you. I need more responses about the SensFan thing though.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Caboose »

Electra wrote:@Seraphim - Don't bother with a case on me, I have a much better case on you. I need more responses about the SensFan thing though.
I hate the dismissiveness towards Seraphim in this sentence.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Uh... when I see roles that are antitown being killed, I like to hope that there are protown vigs. I know that it's probably actually an SK, but I have wishful thinking.
backtrack.
-StrangerCoug

Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Electra »

omg, you guys are so annoying. That's what I actually thought. :roll:

Anyway, I will claim since no one wants to respond to me. I'm a cop, I know that Sens and Seraphim are not the same alignment, and I think that Sens is town. Hence I find Seraphim to be scum. His claim of vanilla does nothing for me.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:15 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You were at L-3. Did you REALLY need to claim?
-StrangerCoug

Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Electra »

forbiddanlight wrote:You were at L-3. Did you REALLY need to claim?
I didn't claim because of votes, I claimed because I have a result?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Then why didn't you claim earlier when you first posted if it's so important?
-StrangerCoug

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:18 am

Post by SensFan »

Electra wrote:omg, you guys are so annoying. That's what I actually thought. :roll:

Anyway, I will claim since no one wants to respond to me. I'm a cop, I know that Sens and Seraphim are not the same alignment, and I think that Sens is town. Hence I find Seraphim to be scum. His claim of vanilla does nothing for me.
Explain exactly how your claimed role works. No one else talk about his result or his role until this is answered.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Explain exactly how your claimed role works. No one else talk about his result or his role until this is answered.
There was one more thing I wanted to ask (well, right now), but I agree with this, Sens.

Well, except for the fact you failed to read Electra's gender symbol (or the gendered connotations of her name for that matter). But, overall, I agree.
-StrangerCoug

Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Electra »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Then why didn't you claim earlier when you first posted if it's so important?
Because it doesn't say that Seraphim is scum, I am deducing it based off my assumption that Sens is town and I wanted other people's opinions on this issue before I claimed but no one responded besides Seraphim, and there was no point to just sitting here waiting for nothing.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Caboose »

SensFan wrote:
Electra wrote:omg, you guys are so annoying. That's what I actually thought. :roll:

Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Electra »

Every night I submit a name and I get told if the person I submitted is the same alignment as the last person I submitted. The first night I get told that it's not the same, but since I don't have a submission before that, it's meaningless.

Night 1: Sens
Night 2: Seraphim - not same
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Because it doesn't say that Seraphim is scum, I am deducing it based off my assumption that Sens is town and I wanted other people's opinions on this issue before I claimed but no one responded besides Seraphim, and there was no point to just sitting here waiting for nothing.
Fair enough.
Every night I submit a name and I get told if the person I submitted is the same alignment as the last person I submitted. The first night I get told that it's not the same, but since I don't have a submission before that, it's meaningless.

Night 1: Sens
Night 2: Seraphim - not same
Why didn't you target yourself?
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”