Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by Well Done »

In post 2780, Well Done wrote:
In post 2746, SCP 682 wrote:butter/tictac/klick/bunny - ww
enchant/mena/cass/catboi - maf

this is what i reached in the monastery. mena could swap out for one of my other PoE reads - I think they are most likely malefactor.
We are town reading butter. Dunn had Cass down as town a long time ago, but they are definitely a slot that has fallen throughthe cracks for me, and we have not actually discussed that slot in a long time. But otherwise this list is largely in our scum to null zone, although i have no interest in team solving day 1.

Why are MegA and Nashville town here?

@Scp
Hydra of Dunnstral and Lukewarm
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by Well Done »

VOTE: Nashville Dreams

We have been liking catboi's postings more ever since he made the post about getting fully into the game, and after talking it over, we actively do not want catboi to be the day 1 elimination.
Hydra of Dunnstral and Lukewarm
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 7:39 pm

Post by Wallflower »

What do you like about catboi’s posting?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 7:41 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 2835, SCP 682 wrote:butter is angling to place a vote on me btw - its being telegraphed in trying to find things that are "scummy looking" that are just normal town progression and framing it as scum.

Trying to call me a liar for how I reached my reads is quite frankly the most blatant way they've pushed the idea that I am scum here without explicitly stating it.

Yes of course I see something that reminds me of something else and I later on go and verify taht for myself because I'm not going to trust the human brain to 100% remember shit.

There is a lot of putting words into my mouth that don't exist - trying to imply things that I directly already said were not true such as claiming my catboi read shifted due to FL.

Which in a multiball is ridiculous -> I'm going to push legitimate scumreads as scum. Butter is trying to accuse me of TMI in a place where TMI is not applicable because they are stuck in a singleball scum mindset.

I'm frankly not good at casing people but I know blatant when I see it and butter has oozed scum since I read their ISO.
tbf you never explained how his play here was similar to the scum game you linked earlier. You mentioned that he has TMI issues as scum -- ok, who is he TMI'ing here?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 7:56 pm

butterchurn and Wallflower both read like town to me
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 8:57 pm

Post by mastina »

So as a reminder, probably not going to get caught up
tonight
, but my goal's to get caught up before I go to bed tomorrow. (I've got two hours or so before I'll be going to bed, which is enough time to probably read ~15-40 pages, but not a full 70.)
In post 1184, catboi wrote:But pooky is developing some extremely bad habits. He dosen't scumhunt, he
headhunts
. He just pushes players out of fear of their scumgame rather than reading their alignment.
Oh that would explain his push on LLD and me, including hard-tunneling me when I was the most obvtown I've ever been.

This for the record increases the townread on Tracer Bullet.
I believe it.
In post 1133, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think all my previous games with Catboi they were town so i don't even know if the rumors of supposedly epic scumplay are true.
To be honest, same, but catboi's been good as town, too, overall. Not "best player on site consistently", good, but still
good
, in being fairly strong overall performing in each town game.

(For the record I saw some posts from catboi in the ~90s page range which made me hella strong townread him but I'll explain that when I get to them in a proper commentary. I usually wouldn't mention the skim-knowledge since when I have skim knowledge I like to use it to form a more solid opinion and quote the posts with my take on them, as in, in this case quoting the posts in the 90ish range when I was in the 90ish range. But I'm not doing that right now because, 1: I might not actually get there tonight, and, 2: it's important to this post back here in where I am in the 40s-50s.)

And to my eye, this looks like catboi playing a strong towngame rather than a strong scumgame. (This will get more explanation as I continue my catchup obv.)
In post 1170, Nashville Dreams wrote:let's save toog the nightmare and turbo lim
I'd be down for that since Toog randed scum this game.
In post 1187, catboi wrote:To demonstrate that no one should take his pushes seriously because he's not actually basing them off of reads but wanting people to be scum
Tracer Bullet still raised valid points on Flavor Leaf, and even if the points were nai (I'd argue they were not), FL's reaction to them hard-spewed him as scum.

NorwegianboyEE
Nashville Dreams (Titus & Malakittens)

Tracer Bullet
catboi
Save The Dragons
Well Done (Dunnstral & Lukewarm)

Menalque (might be higher tbh)
Cat Scratch Fever
Sword of Ducks (could be slightly higher maybe?)
tictac
MegAzumarill

Wallflower
The Keeper

cassowary

Klick

bnuuy = MalcolmTucker = momo/Toogeloo

Enchant
butterchurn = Flavor Leaf = MonkeyMan576

Locktown of Locktown, Locktown, Strong Town, lean-town, null, lean scum, scumread, Scum.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:02 pm

Post by Cephrir »

votecount 1.14
catboi (6) | MegAzumarill, MonkeyMan576, Flavor Leaf, tictac, Wallflower, Toogeloo

Nashville Dreams (5) | NorwegianboyEE, butterchurn, Save The Dragons, Cat Scratch Fever, Well Done

MonkeyMan576 (3) | Nashville Dreams, cassowary, bnuuy

tictac (2) | catboi, Menalque

Flavor Leaf (1) | Klick
Save The Dragons (1) | The Keeper
Well Done (1) | Sword of Ducks
The Keeper (1) | MalcolmTucker
Wallflower (1) | SCP 682

Not Voting | Enchant, mastina

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to politely ask someone to leave.

Deadline: (expired on 2022-05-09 09:41:00).
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:07 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1208, catboi wrote:Does it look like this person actually cares about trying to solve the game? half her poosts are throwaway filler responses to other people, she's just riding off other people's reads, there's no evidence to show she has any thoughts on the game that are her own.
Actually it's those very things that are making me think the slot is town.

There's a certain level of "casualness" to be had--not too serious, but also not too empty. There's lighthearted pushes, but those lighthearted pushes are backed by opinions. These stances are ones that look like they are formed independently and contain unique reasons and logic that is decent, but not perfect. Wallflower looks exactly like I would expect a newer less-established town player to be to me: not able to radiate obvtown the way some obvtown do, but not radiating obvtown the way scum in multiball would.

Of course, I admit--this isn't locktown strength; this is lean town. Wallflower feels like an incredibly lazy, bad, shit elimination for D1 with a high chance of flipping town. But the strength of my townread isn't absolute. I am fully aware I could be mistaken in my belief that the slot is town, but if I am and Wallflower flips scum I'm willing to face the consequences down the line of having had the slot north of null. Because I don't think Wallflower
will
flip scum.
In post 1216, Toogeloo wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: catboi*
*sheep vote on the bigger wagon.
Y'all I don't know why you've not been wagoning Toogeloo since Toog's not even trying to pretend that this isn't Toog's scumgame.

Is your reason for not limming the obvscum "Toog's not even trying to hide being scum and thus cannot be scum"?
Because Toog is just scum here pretty damn obviously so.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:29 pm

Post by mastina »

(For the record I would like to point out that I am aware that I am behind by a lot.
For now
, I don't have an issue with this, since I sincerely believe that I can get caught up, and once caught up I won't fall behind by a lot again, since the game will presumably have slowed down to a more manageable pace requiring less commentary. However, I'm aware that interacting with very old content and not interacting with folks on more recent stuff is not optimal, so if it turns out that I actually can't get caught up, I'll abandon the effort.

Right now, I'm not abandoning the catchup effort because I genuinely sincerely believe I
can
get caught up, realistically. But if it turns out that my desire to catch up is unrealistic, I'll just go "fuck it, catching up from here". We've not reached that point, yet, but I have it on my radar. I've been responding to posts concurrent to my catchups when I catch them for instance, so like. I can abandon the catchup at any time, I just don't think it's a
necessity
to do so yet. So I'm aiming to be caught up within the next two days.)
In post 1290, The Keeper wrote:Eugh I'm actually having to take notes.
Big mood. (I am slightly townreading Keeper by the way.)
In post 1288, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Flavour i think you’re wrong when you suggest the goal is for scum to pocket town in multiball. I think the goal is to simply survive. And to do that you need to make it so that you aren’t making yourself too obvious an target by obvtowning. But also not too desireable an lim because that allows you to be eliminated.
I think i’m allowed to say this as i’ve been nommed for Hannibal Lecter so when it comes to third-party play i do know some things. And Multiball is basically the same mindset for an scum player. It’s all about the balancing act. Don’t give town or the second groupscum too much power. Keep the gamestate contested and keep your priorities just right. Pocket some town, but not too many. Push scum, but not too hard. Make yourself indispensable for both town and scum so they both have an reason to keep you around. That’s how i actually expect scum to play here.
For the record: this is the one and only way you
could
be scum, is via your resemblance to your arsonist game.

But otherwise you just radiate townness.
In post 1254, catboi wrote: MegAzumarill and Toogeloo voting me is, like, expected behavior for them. They both have...low-effort playstyles, sheeping the largest wagon is totally within their town range.
Meg? Yes. It's town-indicative.

Toog? No, it's literally the opposite. Toog never makes that vote as town.
In post 1248, catboi wrote:Reading bnuuy's ISO. Not drawing any conclusions from it. Kind of seemed fillery, the way they FoSed monkeyman rather that joining the bandwagon seemed odd, like they might have been wanting to contribute to the pressure without looking like they were being opportunistic. Kind of like being more questioning of FL townreading them and not caring much about the scumreads, though. Reference to getting scumread for playstyle, might have to check that out. Still feels aggressively null, could easily be the type of limbait player I frequently misread.
I on the other hand have no qualms about scumreading that slot.
In post 1262, Flavor Leaf wrote:Yeah, I'd by a ticket to a Catboi vs Norwegian opening night.
You would, because TvT shows are always a pleasure for scum to watch.

Side-note, but is basically a hard-scumclaim from FL.

(For the record, I would legit vote anyone on my south-of-null list and genuinely just don't know
who
to vote. There's nine scum, eight of them groupscum, and if my reads are in the right area, most if not all of the players I am scumreading are scum so like...which scum do I want to vote for? A vote for scum is a vote for scum but I only have one vote in spite of having like eight players I want to vote.)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:32 pm

Why is that vote ooc for Toog?

Why is a scumclaim from FL?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1312, Titus wrote:I'm seeing a bunch of counterwagons spring up to MonkeyMan576 and I am not a fan.
If by this you mean Monkeyman is scum, then yes, I agree.
In post 1311, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I have to admit I don't really like Wallflowers non confrontational approach so far.
VOTE: Wallflower
In post 1306, MalcolmTucker wrote:Reading through Wallflower's big post and to be honest none of it is really convincing me they are town. Ultimately despite their suspicions they are still very much hedging their bets on the slot, and some of their pros for Catboi being mafia are not particularly strong to me.
VOTE: Wallflower
And people wonder why I would be scumreading these two slots.

Why did the wagons on Monkeyman and Malcom die out???

Both of these are literally textbook scum votes on town.

Like.

Literally, textbook.

Genuinely the one and only reason I could see for folks
not
realizing this is going "oh it's so obvious it must not actually be the case".

But like.

It's genuinely as textbook scum vote as scum votes get.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:43 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2934, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why is that vote ooc for Toog?
Because Toogeloo has a strong tendency to
not actually vote
And when Toogeloo does, it's
almost never on the main wagon
In post 2934, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why is a scumclaim from FL?
Basically the entirety of the gambit start to finish and the thought process used.

FL gambits regardless of his alignment, but his alignment shows in the nature of the gambit and how it is played out; this is a FL scum gambit to a T.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:55 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Mastina called my 2184 a scum claim

But i never once claimed to be in a neighborhood with Enchant/Klick.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Not 2184

You can even go back and look at the posts.

I specifically stated I’m definitely not in a neighborhood with those 2.

You can clearly tell that those 2 were just the first 2 to comment towards me when i brought up neighborhood.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Like it wasn’t even a gambit.

It was straight up just me saying “I’m definitely not in a neighborhood with Enchant and Klick”
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:57 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

That is Mastina pushing for the sake of pushing
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:58 pm

Post by Wallflower »

Tbf mastina also still hasn’t explained why it’s a scumclaim. She just said the same thing over and over
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 9:58 pm

Mm I actually didn't like that Wallflower vote from Malcolm either. He also had a later vote that seemed like a vanity vote.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:00 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2941, Wallflower wrote:Tbf mastina also still hasn’t explained why it’s a scumclaim. She just said the same thing over and over
Yeah, she’s prob just scum with Catboi. Catboi chainsaw’d me after I pushed Mastina.

Butter is probs town.
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:00 pm

Post by Wallflower »

The townread of me + read of catboi as strong Town is also quite dissonant. The effort put in to explain a townread of me is also weirdly selective when explaining the catboi townread would probably be the priority for mastina town? But my guess is that she sees me as the damsel in distress
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:01 pm

On a cursory skim, the Toog voting thing isn't that solid. But I guess you did say "tendency" and "almost never"

@mastina
Wallflower
Wallflower
She
Goon
Wallflower
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:01 pm

Post by Wallflower »

I’m not sold on it really. Just observations
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:02 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 163, Flavor Leaf wrote:If I was in a neighborhood, would y'all wanna know, or would it be best to hold off on that for now
In post 166, Klick wrote:
In post 162, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 158, Klick wrote:
In post 156, Save The Dragons wrote:i like wallflower for town
Can you explain this one to me?
i like the interpretation of catboi's post as something that feels like it came from someone trying to solve catboi more than someone trying to condemn catboi
Hmm. I can kinda see it. The post feels really comfortable to make at least, the thoughts are probably genuine even if Wallflower is scum.

PEdit: FL tell us all your secrets pls
In post 167, Enchant wrote:I am in hood with Flavor and indeed he asking for me.
In post 171, Flavor Leaf wrote:Okay.

I'm definitely not in a secret neighborhood with Klick and Enchant.

If I am killed, do not go after them for secrets I've shared in the non existent neighborhood.

This is the gambit Mastina is saying I am scum for.

And 1284 me reiterating and clarifying that I am not in a neighborhood with those 2 because I said I wasn’t.

They were just the first 2 to joke bring up like tell me the secrets.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:02 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Awesome scum gambit by me right there right
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2022 10:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 179, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm just gonna Cop Norwegian.
In post 182, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 179, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm just gonna Cop Norwegian.
this was definitely meant for the game thread.
In post 191, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 183, Tracer Bullet wrote:Might actually put together a readlist tonight so if you're town you better do some townie shit
doing townie shit is scummy

This was the follow up to said gambit that Mastina is pushing I pulled.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”