Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 3.04

With 9 players, it takes 5 to make a decision. Day 3 ends in (expired on 2022-05-03 09:00:00).

VC
ItalianoVD [2]:
Gamma Emerald [], KittyTacky []
JacksonVirgo [1]:
humaneatingmonkey []
MalcolmTucker [1]:
JacksonVirgo []
KittyTacky [1]:
ItalianoVD []
humaneatingmonkey [1]:
Malakittens []

Not voting [3]:
MalcolmTucker, Roden, MathBlade []
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by Roden »

Gonna be responding to these one at a time, so my posts are gonna be spaced out.
In post 3126, ItalianoVD wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3120, Roden wrote:
In post 126, ItalianoVD wrote:Anyway for now my hot take fresh off the press…

Scum team: koopa, Roden, Scorpious.

Honestly if I wasn’t leaning toward Flavor Leaf being town I’d think he and koopa were partners.

I think Mala is the LHF for today.

Well off to bed y’all everyone have a great night! :)
In post 1529, ItalianoVD wrote:If no one sees Roden is scum here you’re not trying. Koopa what are you on brother? :)

Do me a favor and vote Roden. Okay? :)
In post 1764, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1761, koopashell wrote:
In post 1758, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1724, koopashell wrote:Why do you townread mala?
Can you stop asking the same questions expecting a different answer? Mala is townread period. Not universally, but enough that she shouldn’t be the lim today. We are going for Roden today.
Why is roden wolf?
Don’t ask questions. Just follow. Vote Roden.
Like this has been ad nauseam. Your reads have been wrong and you aren't bothering to explain them.
In post 3121, Roden wrote:
In post 1344, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1341, koopashell wrote:
In post 1340, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1336, koopashell wrote:
In post 1333, Flavor Leaf wrote:Personally, I think Roden's the best fade today.

Gives loads of information, good chance of scum, most of the game doesn't get their point, and theyre just pushing like I flipped a narrative, when I really didn't.

Everyone else I can make a bigger case for being town, such as HEM, such as Mala, even NK15 has a stronger town case than Roden.

But there is a lot of good discussion to have on all those other slots that we likely can come to better conclusions with extra flips and a Night Kill + PR actions.

I think Roden's just the overall best fade today.
Let's kill HEM (:
Yeah let’s not.
Why?
I think he’s town.
This one also needs to be explained. It sounds like your read may have changed here, and if it has it would be good to know why.

Listen, frankly I’ve been trying to keep up since midday Day 1 and I’m failing immensely. I’ve basically given up trying to truly catchup and decided to just follow the events live.

Early on I thought HEM’s initial take on Mala was in good faith. I don’t agree with Gamma here regarding that it wasn’t. I could see why Mala was getting the heat she was and I wasn’t totally against it. I did start to feel some townie frustration from Mala though, so when I saw you jump on, it made me suspicious and then koopa and then Kitty. I really started to feel like her wagon was scum driven and you and Kitty jumped out to me. It was not who you were voting for, but how you did it. And I know both or all scum weren’t likely on the wagon but that’s where my head was.

Also at the time it felt like a possible pocket attempt on HEM with coupled with . And the overall way you were positioning yourself around the two slots (HEM/Mala) was highly suspicious to me. From what I can remember you’ve been kinda following HEM around this whole game. And if he is town, then imo it can point to you being scum.

What has changed that should make me think otherwise? I mean if I’m wrong about you, then show me why. If I’ve missed something somewhere, which I probably did, then point me to it. You just saying I’m wrong means nothing to me.
I'm not sure how you could think my positioning on the Mala wagon was suspicious if that's your only reason. I voted all the way back on page 3 during RVS, essentially starting the wagon, and I questioned her further and made some follow up posts when she was around to talk.
In post 118, Roden wrote:
In post 107, Malakittens wrote:it's more for getting warned by the mod thing.

I actually enjoy mafia sometimes and i really dont want to be banned

esp

for something so stupid of "oh she's being self conscious" lets vote her!!!
Ok but we're in the RVS stage/trying to leave RVS, there isn't a whole lot to go off of so we're voting for whatever reason makes at least some sense and then seeing how others/the game state reacts. I feel like you've experienced enough to know this.

But to say "just vote me out so I don't get banned" instead of picking literally any other option is just ???

Like, if you're town this just fucks us over because you're essentially just making yourself a policy elim that provides no info upon your flip. Everybody who votes you in this scenario can essentially do it for free because they can just say "she asked to die so I voted for her". Though obviously if you're scum then this is just AtE to get people to back off.

Another layer to this is that, in that game you were scum in that I've been referencing, Toogeloo did the exact same thing you're currently doing, got town read for it, and did end up being town. I feel like that has to be at the back of your mind here, and that you're trying to get town read by emulating that same behavior.
I feel like this post in particular shows that I was genuinely trying to solve her alignment, and that I had a more complex reason for voting her then just "jumping on". And when it got to a point that I reconsidered my read, I backed off and gave my reasoning when questioned by HEM.

WRT posts 69 and 119: could you explain what exactly makes you think they're pockety? 69 is just a town read, and 119 is me saying that HEM and I were making the same argument. I also heavily disagree with the notion that I'm following HEM around, we mind melded early on but we've also disagreed on a few reads.

"What has changed that should make me think otherwise?" is a really weird thought process to have here because you only referenced posts from the literal beginning of the game. You're basing your scum read on me from something I said on Day 1 page 5, like has your read not evolved at all in the span of 125 pages and two in game days? And now you want me to dig through all of those pages to prove to you that I'm town? You can case me and I'll respond, that's fine, but I'm not going to dig through my ISO to quote posts that I think are townie without context.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3130, ItalianoVD wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 3119, Roden wrote:
In post 3116, ItalianoVD wrote:Oh I voted NK15 thinking he was pulling a scum gambit on his partner? A vote I rescinded and a point I clarified with someone who is used to playing with scum!NK? That?
It's a weird order of events.

NK15: "I have a guilty on Andres" *votes Andres*
Italiano: "Roden scum slipped" *votes NK15*
Andres: "I'm town" *votes NK15*

It doesn't even make sense to vote NK15 here first. You only considered two worlds here: it was either a scum gambit and they were both scum, or Andres was just caught and NK15 was town. Andres is scum in both worlds, so why did you vote NK15? If you thought he could've been bussing, why not just...let him bus?
In post 3117, ItalianoVD wrote:And sure if you wanna frame it like I was ‘defending’ the slot you can. My actual point was, it was a waste of a vote because there was a high chance nothing would come of it. Nice shade by the way.

I’d still like to go for Roden and/or Kitty once we figure out what’s going on with HEM.
I'm not framing anything. You blatantly defended flipped scum after they got hit with a guilty. You didn't say anything about your suspicions of a scum gambit until later on, you just shaded me then voted NK15 without addressing the guilty, or really even accusing NK15 of anything.

Feel free to scum case me though. I've been waiting for one, but all you've done all game is call me scum and complain that everyone is bad if they don't vote me.

Don’t @ me, if you read all my Day 2 posts, everyone can see where my head was. Why are you even asking these questions expecting a different answer? Come on bruh.
I don't think your reason for voting NK15 makes sense and I'm trying to understand it. If it was a 50/50 chance on whether or not NK15 was scum, and a 100% chance that Andres was scum, voting NK15 doesn't make sense to me. And this doesn't really address the rest of what I said.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:08 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3202, ItalianoVD wrote:Also, Roden’s push on me is quite skewed given the arguments.

Roden’s case against me is:

1) I defended Andres’ slot.
2) I voted for NK15 over Andres’ slot.
3) I voted for HEM even though I said I townread him.

is where Roden defends Andres’ slot and elaborated in

HEM, Kitty myself and Roden ‘defended’ Andres’ slot. But why were we saying it? It’s poor play in general and not alignment indicative.
Did you link the wrong posts? Those posts are about Leaf and Scorpius, I don't mention Andres at all there. In fact, Andres hadn't even replaced into the game yet, not until post 848.
In post 848, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
Andresvmb replaces Saladman27

Mathblade replaces Facebones

Please welcome them!
I never defended him anyway, and it's pretty easy to prove by just going into my ISO and using Ctrl + F to search his name.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:12 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 3214, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 3202, ItalianoVD wrote:Also, Roden’s push on me is quite skewed given the arguments.

Roden’s case against me is:

1) I defended Andres’ slot.
2) I voted for NK15 over Andres’ slot.
3) I voted for HEM even though I said I townread him.

is where Roden defends Andres’ slot and elaborated in

HEM, Kitty myself and Roden ‘defended’ Andres’ slot. But why were we saying it? It’s poor play in general and not alignment indicative.
Let me make this clearer. What I mean to say is koopa’s vote on a basically empty slot wasn’t helping anything. Calling it out is nai. If I’m scum for doing that, then you’re all scum. You good with that?

Furthermore, I think you trying to use that as a case on me is very poor and you must have forgot your actions. Anyway I’ll wait for you to respond before rendering final judgment read wise.
I...don't understand what you mean here. What does Koopa's vote have to do with anything? What makes us all scum?

Why is my case poor and what actions did I forget??
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:56 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Re your points in Kitty - I get that Scorpious/Jackson going for Koopa may have seemed weird but it'd have so illogical and baffling for two mafia to both go on the same role-claimed player bandwagon. It was clearly never going to pick up and I'm struggling to believe you wouldn't have been able to see that at all.

My general point is here that you pushed Scorpious in particular without ever considering whether their play was too illogical or lazy for a clever mafia player trying to get of trouble. If Scorpious is mafia then fine, but the fact they were town clearly indicates you here to an extent - I ultimately don't know your alignment and to me it looks like you strongly pushed two townies because you spotted some holes in their play and saw it as a convenient thing to do.

I also think it's quite possible you/Math could be a team if HEM doesn't come back as mafia. You're defending Math and Math is very hedgy on you in as well.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 3230, MalcolmTucker wrote:I get that Scorpious/Jackson going for Koopa may have seemed weird but it'd have so illogical and baffling for two mafia to both go on the same role-claimed player bandwagon.
To clarify, I did that to make them look worse so they don't get shot rather than me particularly thinking they were scum but that also merged with my visceral repulsion of their play-style.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:26 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 3221, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3219, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 3218, MathBlade wrote:For example I see you and a JV team and I don’t like how JV is sidelining this. I’d like if JV asked more questions.
How in the living fuck do you call me sidelining?
Because you are.

You’re doing flashy things but conversations are passing you by.

You’re not posting any thoughts regarding the current conversation.

Claiming backup vigilante is flashy.

Claiming a fake guilty on HEM is flashy.

But you’re almost universally TR’d. I want to see you use that in a protown way if you’re town.
I am not, I do not care if you refer to how I play as flashy. It is not sidelining, I am playing by my own ways who are you to tell me how I should play.

1. I don't have thoughts of worth that I feel important to say, as I said earlier I only speak if I feel a need to. Refer to my sig
2. Claiming my role is not flashy, it's claiming my role.
3. Claiming a fake guilty was for a very solid reason and you pushing that aside as purely flashy is naive.

I do not care what you want me to do, I am doing what I feel I should be doing and as of right now that is stepping back to spread my feelers out to avoid falling into confirmation bias. The moment you decide how I should play is the moment I dislike playing with you.

wiki // GTKAS
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3231, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 3230, MalcolmTucker wrote:I get that Scorpious/Jackson going for Koopa may have seemed weird but it'd have so illogical and baffling for two mafia to both go on the same role-claimed player bandwagon.
To clarify, I did that to make them look worse so they don't get shot rather than me particularly thinking they were scum but that also merged with my visceral repulsion of their play-style.
Why do people ever think this works???
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I want to pretty much light this entire page on fire because of all the scumminess.

Roden’s reactions do not remind me of their towngame at all. They were much more calm and collected.
Malcolm’s post looks like he’s chaining up miselims and just feels ewww
JV’s intentionally making people look worse and at the same time wondering why the hell I find their laid back play scummy and then has the gumption to argue that I should just shut up and like it anyway
Then gamma doesn’t comment on any of it and complains…

Like all of this is just bad.

I am nauseous af and it’s critical role night but I wish everyone would flip but me.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 3234, MathBlade wrote:
I am nauseous af and it’s critical role night but I wish everyone would flip but me.
feels
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm kinda out of it, I had a bit of a personal epiphany this evening
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

i found out my dad's mom's brother passed away this morning.
i found myself thinking about old times

so not really in the mood 2night
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Roden »

Kinda surreal to read that I'm apparently coming off as much less calm and collected than usual when I had an actual emotional breakdown in my last town game.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 3230, MalcolmTucker wrote:Re your points in Kitty - I get that Scorpious/Jackson going for Koopa may have seemed weird but it'd have so illogical and baffling for two mafia to both go on the same role-claimed player bandwagon. It was clearly never going to pick up and I'm struggling to believe you wouldn't have been able to see that at all.

My general point is here that you pushed Scorpious in particular without ever considering whether their play was too illogical or lazy for a clever mafia player trying to get of trouble. If Scorpious is mafia then fine, but the fact they were town clearly indicates you here to an extent - I ultimately don't know your alignment and to me it looks like you strongly pushed two townies because you spotted some holes in their play and saw it as a convenient thing to do.

I also think it's quite possible you/Math could be a team if HEM doesn't come back as mafia. You're defending Math and Math is very hedgy on you in as well.
I wouldn't have thought town would have made that play either, which is what I was trying to tell you. You can't blame me for pushing someone for being outrageously scummy.

Again, mafia can make mistakes too. Yes I spotted some holes and pushed them but that's because I thought they were scum at the time.

I know I am sus if Math is scum, but I am happy locktowning Math RN.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Smart. I liked koopa's playstyle though. It's part of why I thought Scorp was scum, he seemed scared of such an active player.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 3237, Malakittens wrote:i found out my dad's mom's brother passed away this morning.

My condolences. :(
~Vasex
~Enchant
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

The VC from top of this page is still current

Spoiler: have a cat
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 3233, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Why do people ever think this works???
What's the harm in trying.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 3234, MathBlade wrote:I want to pretty much light this entire page on fire because of all the scumminess.

Roden’s reactions do not remind me of their towngame at all. They were much more calm and collected.
Malcolm’s post looks like he’s chaining up miselims and just feels ewww
JV’s intentionally making people look worse and at the same time wondering why the hell I find their laid back play scummy and then has the gumption to argue that I should just shut up and like it anyway
Then gamma doesn’t comment on any of it and complains…

Like all of this is just bad.

If everyone is scummy to you maybe stop complaining about it and consider that your view on scumminess is possibly just plain wrong.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:46 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I think I am just angry at everything recently, apologies. Got rostered 6 days of work with a single day off and when doing overnights that means I can't do shit, actually pissed off.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 3245, JacksonVirgo wrote:I think I am just angry at everything recently, apologies. Got rostered 6 days of work with a single day off and when doing overnights that means I can't do shit, actually pissed off.
To clarify I work full-time so I usually get 5 day weeks with 2 days off. Now I have 6 days with 1 day off and then one day off in the middle of the following week after like 3 other shifts.

wiki // GTKAS
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3236, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm kinda out of it, I had a bit of a personal epiphany this evening
Which is?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3237, Malakittens wrote:i found out my dad's mom's brother passed away this morning.

I claim infinite shot good friend hugger activated on request.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3238, Roden wrote:Kinda surreal to read that I'm apparently coming off as much less calm and collected than usual when I had an actual emotional breakdown in my last town game.
The only town game I remember of yours is where I shot you N1 when I was essentially soloing it as scum. You seemed more casey and such.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”