Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Vi »

farside22 3 wrote:/confirm
this

----------------
tubby 18 wrote:i would think it has something to do with power roles that those that have them have the most votes to intice them to be more active but thats just pure speculation
No.

----------------
Scattered 12 wrote:vote: Natirasha
Unvote: farside22

Vote: Scattered
(L-7)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:00 am

Post by Vi »

Korts 22 wrote:
Vi 21 wrote:
tubby 18 wrote:i would think it has something to do with power roles that those that have them have the most votes to intice them to be more active but thats just pure speculation
No.
Shut up.
You.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Vi »

Vi 21 wrote:

(L-7)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Vi »

Redetermining false post restrictions... ready... go--

1) Correcting fatal error in meta...
Unvote: Scattered
Vote: The Mini Normal Queue
for moving slower than the people I went to high school with--
Unvote: The Mini Normal Queue

Error resolved.

2)
tubby 47 wrote:but hey if i have to get lynched to tell the town who the true scum are so be it, someone has to get lynched day one might as well be me
Request denied. Subject tubby216 is not the current policy lynch, nor is policy lynching the optimal choice at this time.

3)
Crazy 43 wrote:Personally, I don't think it means anything. I mean, can you imagine Xyl making it so scum could get screwed over by a votecount? I mean, how does that really add anything to the game? What purpose would Xyl have in putting in a mechanic that draws from the spirit of mafia?
SpyreX 44 wrote:It doesn't. Of course that list is random. Its Relative Chaos for a reason.
Applying method to test if this statement, particularly the last sentence in 43, is "outguessing the mod" and/or "hiding something"...
Result is inconclusive.

4) Status of vote: Awaiting response from Scattered re: vote on Natirasha, as reasons for doing so appear deficient...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Vi »

The Internet wrote:still no idea what I'm doing.
Testing for adequate sympathy... done; positive result.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Vi »

tubby metanalysis reads appear consistent with existing records. Result: 70% newb; 30% n00b, 5% Berries 'n' Creme. Reluctance to call scum: Reasonable.

This is a preliminary analysis; reassessment to come...

----

Natirasha's Post Restriction confirmed by Mod. PRnalysis seems to suggest the following language: {'.', '?', ' ', [quotes], '
Vote: [name]
', '
Unvote: [name];
', '
Unvote;
'}
Suggesting code to render Natirasha less useless:
. -> Yes/I agree/otherwise affirmative reaction
? -> No/I disagree/otherwise negative reaction
.. -> See something that has been said earlier
?? -> Cannot answer question as stated
... -> No comment/neutral reaction
??? -> What are you talking about?
.?.?.?. -> STFU
[anything else] -> I really just want to annoy you
Querying legality and pooling objections.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Vi »

Korts wrote:Did you PM the mod about it, or does "querying legality" mean something else?
First, I'm ditching this fake PR. It's not as fun as I thought.

I haven't PMd the mod, hence "querying legality". However, I'm under the impression that the point of preventing the use of codes is that some (but not all) of the players would be able to decipher a secret-ish code, creating a pseudo-Masonry. This is publicly available and ITT, so I think it would be different.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:10 am

Post by Vi »

Korts is right; I've been meaning to fake a post restriction for a while now but I haven't really felt the flavor for it in this game.

If you want me to clarify anything from before, feel free to ask.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Vi »

MafiaSSK wrote:Vi, why that PR?
I was being silly, as mentioned before.
Actually, I used the fake PR I tried first in my second game (offsite) and it worked well IMO.

That's neither here nor there though.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #101 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Vi »

farside22 wrote:
Vi wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:Vi, why that PR?
I was being silly, as mentioned before.
Actually, I used the fake PR I tried first in my second game (offsite) and it worked well IMO.

That's neither here nor there though.
Why try a fake PR for this game?
Relative chaos and the fact that this was the first game where I remembered to do it by the time I put out the first post.

For fun, shortly put.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #105 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Vi »

SSK 102 wrote:You risked being modkilled for fun?
Sure!

Why would I get modkilled? I faked a PR, not a PM.

----

As for what I think of what's gone on so far, the most bothering thing I can see is Korts's vote on tubby that started this tirade. Korts basically posted HAY THIS MEANS SOMETHING OMGWIFOM and then turned around to backhand tubby over the Internet for trying to guess at
what
it means. And from there, frankly I think people have been kicking tubby around like a VI.

I agree with Crazy. OMG not taking the popular side, OMG quasi-defending someone; vote me if it makes you feel better.

That said, tubby's last post and vote on Crazy are positively awful, doing a wonderful job of proving farside's accusation correct. So tubby, three things I want you to answer.
1) Do you think you will be the D1 lynch?
2) Do you want to be lynched D1?
3) Is it scummy for people to decide against making you the D1 lynch?

Vote stays on Scattered to remind me that he needs to post.

Also @animorpherz: PRs usually don't work unless you have them in Every. Post. I don't believe yours for that reason :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Vi »

farside22 wrote:@Vi: What do you agree with Crazy about?
Stuff
Crazy 107 wrote:Look, I couldn't care less about defending tubby. I haven't seen anything from him that stamps me as either town or scum. I just want to make a note that the wagon on him is complete crap, and in my opinion, scummy.
Although what I have seen from him stamps me as "newb", and a newb doing more sinking than swimming amidst experienced players at that. I for one am willing to take tubby 108 at face value.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #117 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Vi »

Korts 115 wrote:Raise your hands if you think tubby is the lynch today.
For the record, could you (Korts) specify:
1) if you have a hand
2) whether it is raised
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #126 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 119 wrote:The first quote says that there may be more relevance - not a why because, really, the why can't come out until later. The latter, by nature, if discussed by anyone with votes out limits the pool the scum are going to hit.
I don't really follow the reasoning here, because it assumes that the scum either know what it means or have a good idea of what it could mean... which in turn assumes it has meaning in the first place. As far as limiting who the scum are going to hit, I would call predictability in NKs rather decent anyway.

I'm as against hypotheticals as anyone else, but this seems like an attempt to silence (permanently) someone for talking about what was on everyone's minds, and I think it's a useless ground for a lynch.
DGb 124 wrote:What, Vi is also faking a PR???
Was. I was bored.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #127 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Vi »

Xylthixlm 125 wrote:hasdgfas replaces Scattered as soon as he picks up his role PM.
This
is
an all-star cast...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #130 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 128 wrote:Everyone was thinking about what that vote list meant on some level - it was a natural topic of discussion. Coming out with "its related to PR's" directly only serves to guide the discussion towards scum-advancing goals. Or, kill it all together.
It's kind of annoying that PR has two different meanings in recent conversation.

The idea that it could have something to do with power roles is IMO the obvious explanation I can think of for the vote count, and I'm not surprised tubby thought of it. I personally think that there is a different reason for the votes being the way they are, but talking about it won't mean much.

Nonetheless, it's not like tubby was warned beforehand Not To Talk About It, and at the risk of sounding repetitive he IS new and proved it in his guess at what the votes meant. The wagon on him based on Post 18 basically bites.

Also
Unvote: hasdgfas
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #133 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Vi »

@Natirasha: Awesome :D

@animorpherv1: Would you like to talk about a subject that's actually useful for us?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #139 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Vi »

Korts wrote:Ok, that's just an excuse for a vote. It was obvious from the word go that it was faked, therefore I don't see the harm in it.
I second this for obvious reasons.

Waiting on the cow, and animorpherv1, and The Internet, and DoomCow, etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #141 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Vi »

ZazieR 140 wrote:Vi, why did you ask the questions of post 105?
You mean these, correct?
Vi 105 wrote:That said, tubby's last post and vote on Crazy are positively awful, doing a wonderful job of proving farside's accusation correct. So tubby, three things I want you to answer.
1) Do you think you will be the D1 lynch?
2) Do you want to be lynched D1?
3) Is it scummy for people to decide against making you the D1 lynch?
As of that time, tubby was trying to take control of his own destiny and doing... well, not well. While I thought the wagon against him was a sick joke in the first place, that vote on Crazy wiped away my opinion on how defensible his position could be. Thus, I asked him these questions to get exactly what his stance was about.

Is there something wrong?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #150 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:08 am

Post by Vi »

DoomCow wrote:I certainly don't like invented PR's, even if they're claimed to be false at forehand. Therefore I'm getting a bit suspicious about Animrpherv1 and Vi (especially the first fake PR he used, the one that wasn't anounced as fake at forehand).

I'm gonna be needing a reread soon, but I'm not sure when I get the time to do a full read. I'm still up with the game as it goes though..
Your opinion of the tubby circus, which affects many more players than the people targeted by your arbitrary accusations. ASAP.

@animorpherv1: Same.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #157 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Vi »

hasdgfas wrote:Post 21 - Vi: Why respond to tubby's statement with anything besides to tell him to stop talking about it?
Post 28 - Vi: I'm pretty sure he was being serious. Why that response?
Post 51 - Vi: Don't like creating a fake PR here. Don't get the "policy lynch" comment on tubby,
21) Bad reasoning. The part about him thinking it was related to power roles is understandable; calling it a pseudo-prod is an example of not thinking it all the way through.
28) I didn't think he was. Korts understood this and explained immediately afterward.
51) tubby said that someone has to get lynched and volunteered for the job. I denied both that he should be lynched and that we should have been lynching "because we have to" at that time.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #168 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Vi »

Crazy 167 wrote:As for Vi, I don't see why she would drop it if she was deliberately faking it. I mean, it doesn't help the scum and it doesn't make her appear pro-town. What else is it that scum want? So why would she drop it?

Okay, now you're all screaming WIFOM,
WWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

...In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned already that I dropped the PR because it was lame and I was bored with it (both of them actually).

Re: Crazy 166 - I feel the wagon on tubby was forced, yes. As of yesterday, I was not sure whether to vote SpyreX or Korts for it, and I still need to do a reread on it. ...After I get some sleep.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #172 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Vi »

All right, I've looked into the people who were against tubby.

Korts - I find myself agreeing with you about tubby being the most serious thing to talk about early on. I also agree that votes/lynches are good ways to discourage scumplay. However, by Korts 80 it sounded like he had made the jump to tubby
being
scum and extending it to Crazy being a scumpartner, which I don't agree with.

I think I'll err on the side of caution on this one and not vote Korts this time. But my (weak and usually incorrect) intuition is telling me I'm making a bad move on this one...

----

SpyreX - In SpyreX 57 he asks if the cute random voting stage is over, but he had already placed a NONrandom vote on tubby. Logic failure, check. I don't buy SpyreX 117, as I stated earlier.
SpyreX 169 wrote:Why is that wagon so forced? New or not, I'm not seeing any beneficial outcome from what he was trying to discuss at the point he was trying to discuss it.

If anyone had really bit, it might have been worth it for scum.
...Help me out; I'm not sure I follow this line of logic. What *could* have happened that would have been so beneficial for scum?

----

farside - I'm not sure about this one. On one hand, it IS jumping on an easy bandwagon; on the other hand, she has defended her point a couple of times. I don't think I have enough information to move on here.

----

DoomCow - If you don't talk more about why exactly you dislike tubby, you'll get lynched for jumping onto obvious bandwagons. I'd like a post of reasonable substance from you shortly.

----

Thus, waiting on DoomCow and SpyreX. As far as placing a vote goes,
DGb 170 wrote:I don't believe faking post restrictions is a null tell. At all.
I don't believe faking scum hunting is a null tell. At all.
Vote: DrippingGoofball
(L-7)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #184 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Vi »

The Internet wrote:This game seems to be slowing down.
And it's partly your fault for not bringing any discussion to the table at all.
But let's not mince words about it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #186 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Vi »

animorpherv1 wrote:
DoomCow wrote:
hasdgfas wrote: Post 149 - DoomCow: Wow, what a wonderful noncommital post.
I still need to reread, had some busy days but will eventually get to it though. As for that post, I clearly state my suspicions towards Vi and Animorpherv1.
unvote vote: DoomCow
. Your a great suspect, the fake PR's are what we want to do. We've already talked abou tit. It's ocer. Stop brininging ti up. I ahve a new PR, bulit just for you.

*DoomCow sucks*

Happy?
See Post 184.
Extra negative points for a literal OMGUS.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #196 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 195 wrote:I'm waiting for any reason for his business to be anything but a bad scum move.
What about a bad newb move?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #205 (isolation #26) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Vi »

@farside and SpyreX: Okay, taken.

@everyone else: So, who's here to, y'know, play Mafia? Unrelated tangents and promises to come back later seem to be the order of the day. It's
Relative Chaos
, not
Relative Dispersion
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #212 (isolation #27) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Vi »

farside22 209 wrote:
Vi wrote:@farside and SpyreX: Okay, taken..
What was this in regards to?
197 and 199, although that's partly because I misread your post. I thought you were saying that you simply weren't going to allow consideration of his newbness, precluding my attempts to push it; reading again it looks like you're suspicious of
me
for playing the newb card for tubby but you're more interested in others and thus don't want to pursue me for it right now. If that's the case, I'm fine with it. I feel that based on the information given, tubby is a blatant mislynch that I do not endorse.
ZazieR 207 wrote:This made me feel so unwanted :(
?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #236 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Vi »

ZazieR 221 wrote:I don't think you see me as part of the all-star cast.
(but this isn't serious at all, so you can pretty much ignore this)
*ignore, ignore, break--*
I've watched you in a few games before now, largely because you keep showing up in games I'm reading through.
You seem to be making a pretty decent name for yourself for a relative newb, if temporary control over GtKaS is any indication.

Not disinterested in not moving my vote as of the moment.

@animorpherv1: And your thoughts about DGb?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #238 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Vi »

^^^'Nobody you think needs a vote as of now? :v
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #244 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Vi »

Korts 242 wrote:I see you've recently died, Vi
What do you think of the new avatar?

----
Crazy 240 wrote:Yes, but he
can't
be scum
because
he's a newbie.
Syntax failure ahoy!
Crazy 240 wrote:I have never seen someone deliberately act scummy just to appear townie. Have you?
I have. 'Can't talk about it yet.

Will look at farside later today when I catch up on my games.
@mod: Spam prods/replacements please
, because as much as I don't like mass replacements the info-cost of replacing a few of the players would be minimal.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #269 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

@ZazieR: I don't remember; I was just passing through, usually looking more at how the mods ran things. But don't feel (too) bad about not being proud of any of your games; I can only think of one completed game I would be mildly pleased to show people, and that was my first game as scum where the Town learned a hard lesson about what happens when you let some people lurk and/or slide along without questioning.

Also, I think I can get used to abusing these ooc tags.

-----
farside 256 wrote:
The Internet wrote:Requesting replacement. I'm bored, I don't understand it, and would like to dedicate my energies to my other games. Sorry.
What?!?!?!
What?!?!?! was that for?

So with The Internet offline, I'm interested in who you will place your vote on, since he is/was hardly the only noncontributory party ITT. Meanwhile, why did you drop tubby when you seemed to disagree with most of the points brought up in his favor?

-----
dahill1 267 wrote:Vi faked a PR but clearly stated he was doing so, although I have to admit it was pretty annoying.
:P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #320 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Vi »

Posting before prod. I just got back in; please give me a few to catch up. Just skimming through, my main suspects don't appear to have changed. (DGb and farside)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #329 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 327 wrote:VI
SpyreX 327 wrote:VI
Daykill: SpyreX
with extra malice this time.

-----

@farside: Still waiting on that reread. ;)

-----
SpyreX 327 wrote:Maybe its bull-headedness but I think, seriously think, that his starting move was scum
my
and the rest of this has been flailing around.
I'd agree if you made the edition shown.

Intuitively, it feels like a scum-side analysis. Most people are Townish, many of your accusations/suspicions (the ones that you make, anyway) seem weak, little pressure on anyone except the obvious targets (and CowPuff) to contribute, easy lynch target that I don't agree with, etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #349 (isolation #34) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Vi »

@mod: Has tubby being prodded? Same to CC09, etc.

@farside: I sympathize, but I'm not going away :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #368 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Vi »

Korts 363 wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:
farside22 wrote:Hi all. I took the day off to catch up on sleep. Just letting you know I didn't forget about you.
I abstain from posting untill farside rereads.
Whoa. and since when have you been contributing more than farside?
Justified burn, ohhhh~

-----

@Natirasha: I see what you're getting at. *adds SSK to my list of people not to forget*

-----
dahill1 367 wrote:gaaah..so many scummy people in this game!!
this
dahill1 367 wrote:i wish i was like a quadruple voter!
You set your sights too low. I always want to be an unlimited dayvig :D
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #370 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Vi »

Unvote: DrippingGoofball

Vote: farside22
(L-7)
Go on, keep pushing that reread back.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #376 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Vi »

hasdgfas 372 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Unvote: DrippingGoofball

Vote: farside22
(L-7)
Go on, keep pushing that reread back.
This is a terrible vote. Please explain.
I'm fairly sure that I've mentioned previously that I'm suspicious of farside, starting early but occupying me starting around Vi 269. This dodging about isn't helping that at all. I'll wait for farside to finish reading before changing my vote, because two things I
don't
see (yet) are answers to these--
Vi 269 wrote:*So with The Internet offline, I'm interested in who you will place your vote on, since he is/was hardly the only noncontributory party ITT.
[Since then farside has jokevoted DrippingGoofball, and is not currently voting for anyone]

*Meanwhile, why did you drop tubby when you seemed to disagree with most of the points brought up in his favor?
And no, I don't count this as an answer--
farside 278 wrote:Anyways as for Tubby which Vi wants an answer from me. I felt his first few post were bad. No hold bars bad. The vote for Crazy for defending him was terrible. Also I always, always feel suspciious when people defend others especially when something is scummy. Not oh he is a newbie type comment is unacceptable.
However I feel I need to reread again to really see a few things. I did not CC's vote on Tubby felt very opportunist.
--because it does not answer my question of why she unvoted tubby in the first place.

Also, nice snappy appearance from the cow department when I voted farside to a precarious L-7.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #382 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Vi »

(@farside 378) And what you have done works well enough for me.

Before I forget, could you explain your reaction in farside 256?

All right, sorting some things out...
Vi: Post 168 why only SpreX or Korts?
I saw you had jumped onto the wagon as well, but for a different reason (which you brought up in a few of your other comments). Those two were the ones I saw who were driving the case on tubby OMGrolefishing.
Vi: post 320: Have yet to seen a case against me or DGB. Seems out of the blue comment with nothing backed up.
You, already covered.
DGb started blatantly useless (hence my vote) and to all appearances has stayed blatantly useless (hence why it didn't change until I pressured you).
Okay Vi you haven't brought any case against me you are just asking questions. Question do not equal suspicion at all.
I don't blithely ask whatever comes to mind (when I'm asking about the game, anyway). If I ask someone something, much more often than not I'm following up on something that could/should be perceived as scummy, and an unsatisfactory answer will have consequences.
Then again, from your end I think that would take a psychic connection to know ahead of time, so I understand where you're coming from.
Vi: You haven't given much as far as your own suspicion or reasons for who is scum. All you do is ask questions. It's something I did as scum once. I'm watching you.
*watches back* 0.0

Well, since you said something, here's where everyone stands with me after a reread. Forewarning for bluntness.

MafiaSSK
- Useless, and sketchy even with his meta. The sooner he puts out his PbPA, the sooner we can get an answer to the question of why he thinks tubby is the scummiest (and doesn't start talking about it until tubgate is over).

DoomCow
- Useless, mostly. Hung up on the post restriction thing, and reluctant to do analysis because nobody has died yet (*insert rant about NK WIFOM here*). Unfortunately, my meta on him is that "useless, mostly" is his playstyle.

Natirasha
- Artificially semi-useless. But aside from that, I see what he's doing and I don't see anything wrong with him so far.

Crazy
- Not useless. I generally agree with what he has been saying, though that isn't indicative of his alignment. That's about all I can say either way.

hasdgfas
- Not really useless. Most of his posts after replacing in are pointing out the uselessness of others, but judging from his vote DoomCow is still in the lead on his scumlist. No read either way.

farside22
- Hai~ I understand that you voted for tubby for different reasons than the others. I'm not sure what to say about tubby biting the hand that feeds him -> scumtell, although it was a horrible move on his part. Other than that, I think you check out at this point. Null read.

CoheedCambria09
- Useless. His vote in 257 is only made worse by his justification of it to ZazieR. Possibly avoiding this game; needs to exist more.

animorpherv1
- Surprisingly not the most useless person in the game upon reread, but in the running. The violent OMGUS against DoomCow stands out, but was kind of deserved. I would like some clarification about post 79. Basically, dahill1 put it right on the nose in that ani is providing color commentary more than anything (and following me, it seems...). Oh, and farside has reread; you can post now :P

Vi
- That one person, with the posts. Trying not to be useless.

SpyreX
- Not useless; I just disagree with him. I'm still not confident in his reread in 327, but aside from what I've already said about it I don't think I can go forward with attacking it. Intuitively, I'm leaning toward anti-Town.

dahill1
- With The Internet unplugged and dahill1 replacing him, this player slot is no longer useless. Actually, I find myself agreeing with everything dahill1 says. 'Seems Townish enough.

DrippingGoofball
- Useless, which unfortunately fits her meta juuuuuuust fine. Ignores the tubby case while it goes on and tries to chase it afterward, which is just off-putting. Trying to follow the logic (or even the humor) in her posts is bending my brain into a U-shape. I don't know what to think.

Korts
- Not useless, although he owes us a reread. The sudden flip on tubby doesn't seem kosher. I'm very interested in seeing how he re-evaluates SpyreX (for the record, in Spyre-scum's position I would definitely keep going with the tubby wagon). I also notice that he flips to CC09
before
stating that he can't pursue his case on SpyreX. Red flags sighted.

tubby216
- Not useless in the group setting at least. I (still) don't think he's automatically scum, so much as a newb/n00b in deep trouble. I would like to hear more from him in general, if possible :v

ZazieR
- Not really useless. ZazieR's way of going about these games is similar to mine. However, reading through her posts, I see what farside was talking about earlier - aside from being anti-tubby, she doesn't seem to take any stances so much as act as an argument parser. 'Worth looking into. (Also, what is your avatar from?)

@mod: Crazy and SpyreX need prods.

---~Summary~---
(italics denote people I'm unsure of)

Townish

dahill1
Natirasha

Null

farside22
hasdgfas
Crazy
tubby216

Scummish

ZazieR
Korts
SpyreX
DrippingGoofball

MafiaSSK

DoomCow

CoheedCambria09

animorpherv1

As you can see, IMO there are a lot of people who deserve votes, dayvigs, etc. However, if I had to pick one, I'll go with intuition and
Vote: SpyreX
(L-7)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #383 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Vi »

@animorpherv1: What is your opinion on dahill1 (The Internet's replacement)?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #390 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by Vi »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:Since I haven't been able to read in-depth and analyse anything, its hard to pick out cases or suspects.
When would you like to start reading and analyzing?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #393 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Vi »

SpyreX 391 wrote:No need to prod. I'm here. :P
Phooey. *puts down the red-hot poker*

I'd like to ask your opinion of DoomCow, and also whether tubby is still the best choice IYO considering all the scummy people you pointed out earlier. But again, I still
feel
it's a weak analysis. Aiding my intuitive read of weakness, for instance, was how you didn't express concrete suspicion of Korts until after I poked you. Also,
SpyreX 330 wrote:Well, we've got 3 hardcore lurkers that I dont like but I'm nto one to jump on their ass day 1.
SpyreX 330 wrote:Sometimes its fine to put pressure on the obvious targets - they ARE obvious for a reason, afterall.
Do these statements conflict?

My vote on you is a placeholder at the moment; with seven people on my scumlist and three of them with questions outstanding I chose the person I was already most suspicious of, to be revised pending replies.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #395 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Vi »

Korts 394, twice wrote:Hardcore fence-sitting, if you don't mind me saying so...
'Cuz you're not hardcore (no you're not hardcore)
Unless you live hardcore (unless you live hardcore)
And the sitting on the fence was WAY HARDCOOOOOORE--~

In all seriousness and with less shamelessness, I'd call it cautiousness. Is it okay for me to not know where to go with some people at any given time?
Meanwhile, check out that more recent analysis if you want something better. (It's coming later in your reread)
Korts 394 wrote:Also in the same post of Vi's, he makes a jab against SpyreX on weak basis (doesn't acknowledge the possible downsides to tubby's theory).
? I'm not sure what you're talking about re: "tubby's theory".
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #398 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Vi »

Korts 397 wrote:EBWOP:
Vi wrote:Is it okay for me to not know where to go with some people at any given time?
Yeah, sure. Is it okay for me to point out potential scum behaviour?
No. *bolt from heavens comes down and smites your locus*

...actually, yes. Carry on; note the explanation when making future decisions.

--~--

I'm pretty sure I said something earlier about that quote, perhaps not in that post. Yes, I can see why it's worth hatred in light of exposing PRs - this was explained to me a while ago, as I recall. No, I don't think that's what he was trying to do. It's a judgment call.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #439 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:39 am

Post by Vi »

Posting before prod. I'm starting to fall behind :v

I can buy a squashed banana claim, but I don't think it would exempt a lynch.
That said, I feel that we're prosecuting a poor player again, and I can believe that Survivors (or rather, people who do not know their win condition and not given any other incentive) are by default less interested in games because there's nothing at stake for them. I would much sooner see CC09 contribute something, and soon. There are far too many
useless
inactive people in this game for Town to have a chance.

ZazieR has done a good job of validating my earlier analysis against her. Quoted for reference--
Vi 382 wrote:
ZazieR
- Not really useless. ZazieR's way of going about these games is similar to mine. However, reading through her posts, I see what farside was talking about earlier - aside from being anti-tubby, she doesn't seem to take any stances so much as act as an argument parser. 'Worth looking into. (Also, what is your avatar from?)
Unvote: SpyreX
Vote: ZazieR
(L-7)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #497 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Vi »

I'm seriously slowing down in all my games. Getting gray-screened and forgetting my password didn't help a bit (at least my username is easy to remember). Apologies to all. v.v
(Wait, my last post was yesterday. My sanity is now fully depleted.)

As before, I'm finding myself generally agreeing with dahill1. CC09 446 is horrible - non-Town that refuses to act Townish is anti-Town, and deserves a lynch (or a vigging).

@DGb: Why DoomCow for not adding any content? 'Plenty of others for the same reason.
SpyreX 470 wrote:Why did you join for a
claim?

Why are you justifying a previous vote and then hedging your vote here?
This, this, this. Joining for a
claim
- bearing in mind that claims are meant to be unnecessary infofests for the scum, if my theory is correct - is frankly anti-Town.
DoomCow 489 wrote:I didn't see CC as scummy, but he wasn't a convince townie as well... about 50-50, which is why I made the pressure/claim vote.
Bandwagoning people who are already close to lynch without thinking they are scum is also frankly anti-Town.
SpyreX 474 wrote:Maybe I was wrong about you. Lynching "third party" is better than lynching town, but it definitely isn't lynching scum. I think there is a very strong chance that scum is on that CC wagon from how it went up and DC is the one that really catches my attention for the reasoning behind it / position on it.
Maybe I was wrong about you. I agree with this.

-----

**ZazieR is most likely scum IMO at this point. However, she's also flying under the radar and nobody seems to be paying attention to her,
so
--
*DoomCow. See above.
*DrippingGoofball. I think Korts could be onto something, although he himself flipped to CC09 oddly beforehand. Notice that DGb stole her reason for voting DoomCow from ZazieR.
*CC09. Please someone vig this guy. After you do that, vig SSK too.

Making a choice between the latter three...
Unvote: ZazieR
Vote: DoomCow
(L-4)
--although I would accept a Goofy or CC09 lynch as well.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #506 (isolation #46) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Vi »

CoheedCambria09 505 wrote:@Vi: So I'm assuming you don't believe the claim?
As of this time, I believe you are generic third-party.
You said things to the effect of "I have no interest in helping the Town" and "I will not (for whatever reason) tell you how much of a threat I can be".
Therefore I endorse your death for effectively being an anti-Town element, but also believe that there is a higher payoff in hitting DoomCow-scum, as SpyreX said.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #608 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Vi »

"Coward"? In XylSpeak that's a one-shot Hider. Nya.

Also, WOE IS ME I'VE BEEN ROBBED~
IMO I'm kind of an odd choice for a vote-theft victim, though, considering that more often than not I'm the only person on a wagon...

I'll take it to mean I've been on the right track :D (or generally acknowledged as useless <.< )
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #611 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by Vi »

animorpherv1 609 wrote:Vi, did your role switch?
No.
But gj with claiming a role. <__<

Also, do some community service and vote one of these people since I can't:
*Natirasha
*CoheedCambria09
*ZazieR
*MafiaSSK
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #702 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Vi »

I am mentally drained at this point from a big test and then spending basically the rest of the day on Mafia (other games), so I can't promise anything big in this post.

I would like to see Crazy respond before I follow farside. I agree with hasdgfas that we're cutting discussion a bit.
DrippingGoofball 699 wrote:I now trust farside to be a role cop.
What changed?

@Natirasha: Why is Crazy scum?

Also, isn't it "mafi
o
so"? :?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #706 (isolation #50) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Vi »

DrippingGoofball 704 wrote:
Vi wrote:
DrippingGoofball 699 wrote:I now trust farside to be a role cop.
What changed?
Natirasha, a confirmed cop, concurs with farside.

BOTH have investigated Crazy as scum.

Where's your vote, Vi?
I left it with Xylthixlm for safekeeping until I needed it.

I would still like to see Crazy post once before I toss my vote out, as what I feel is a necessary precaution.
However, I see that with two Cops pointing the same way it seems unlikely that Crazy will flip Town... assuming both of them are telling the truth.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #708 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Vi »

DrippingGoofball 707 wrote:Crazy is VLA. What's a scum going to say? Oops I've been caught? And Crazy's disappeared, we can't expect a replacement at this point.
Is that so...?
Crazy 503 wrote:Posting this message in Open 95 and Relative Chaos.

Sorry for the inactivity; I thought I'd get caught up tonight, but at this point it's almost 1 a.m. and I am leaving for a trip tomorrow. Unfortunately:

V/LA until Thursday
[Nov 27]

I still want to be in this game; don't replace me please.
He came back just before D2 started, and he's definitely onsite.

In addition, you have a point regarding what exactly he COULD say. If he's getting framed, we're going to find out pretty soon, and I think the risk of lynching a Town role (assuming the worst) is outweighed by testing our double Cops.

So in that light, I think this is the best move.
Vote to Hammer: Crazy
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #871 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Vi »

And hasdgfas was right, the PR was fake and we should have called for Natirasha's modkill. Although the mod confirmation of a fake PR was... unpleasant. DGb, on the other hand, played very well IMO.

I guess it's nice that I only got the second most useless role in the game (barring CC09). It's also nice to see that two people at least saw me as a threat in spite of it~ :D
But even so, I've been on a really bad streak overall recently, so I guess I want to ask how I could get better.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #878 (isolation #53) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:55 am

Post by Vi »

Korts wrote:Vi, faked PRs aren't a modkillable offense. They're just a risky and stupid gambit.
Nonono.
If it were a REAL PR, then after breaking it he should have been killed instantaneously. He didn't get killed, ergo the PR was a dupe.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #888 (isolation #54) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Xylthixlm wrote:Because I don't like deciphering morse code to follow the game. :)
98% of the time someone will translate it for you, so you don't have to bother :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #890 (isolation #55) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Vi »

tubby216 889 wrote:@ vi
did you see improvement from the last game i was in with you to this one??
Ehehe. Yes, yes I did.
You tripped on yourself at first, but once tubgate was sorted out and everyone called you newbTown, you faded into the background. That was good in itself, and you didn't disturb the advantage of people completely overlooking you throughout. And that's how you win as scum; gj.

Granted, improvement may be hard to measure since the last time you were scum, you had a Doc claim weighing you down so nobody was going to ignore you completely. But still.

What you need now is confidence so you can go on the offense. And/or to be scum more often~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”