Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by Prism »

If it was in fact a bad reason and made no sense, yeah, probably.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Prism »

That is the process of questioning and determining the legitimacy of reads when you are skeptical of them, you are correct.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by Prism »

Being more specific, if there's no qualitative reason about my play for you to vote me, and you didn't think the mech was very indicative, it doesn't really make sense to vote me over a scumread. You gave
In post 808, Dwlee99 wrote:I think Prism is mildly townie but I wouldn't mind flipping cause ascetic claim + scary + novice mailman
and that was really about it until the yolo vote. The yolo vote didn't surprise me, but not touching any of my content with a 10 ft pole does, and 1043 was not an accurate portrayal of my point.

You were eager to call my posting early and as the game went on and I started doing more and more that is blatantly suicidal as scum it got handwaived.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I don't really have scumreads anymore and I have no read on you to be questioned cause I don't have a read on you
I prefer they, thanks :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

How do u not have any scumreads at this point?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

still would like a reason for town vp, dwlee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1403, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1397, fireisredsir wrote:i would prefer there not be a lim on prism, enchant, ari, shuichi. could be scum in there, but i don't want it today. probably would lean away from skitter at this point. really would like vp and i think it's doable. not sure on dwlee and datisi.
You [Prism, not fire] can't just be like "Yea this group of four could have scum but let's not lim there" in a 9p with 2 scum
bruh

also this whole time I thought this post was referencing my pool+the vote on me not the fire pool in the quote welp
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Prism »

Didn't edit out the [Prism, not fire] after realizing the second line lmao

Nobody hire me to revise their school papers
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1681, Prism wrote:
In post 1397, fireisredsir wrote:i would prefer there not be a lim on prism, enchant, ari, shuichi. could be scum in there, but i don't want it today. probably would lean away from skitter at this point. really would like vp and i think it's doable. not sure on dwlee and datisi.
You [Prism, not fire] can't just be like "Yea this group of four could have scum but let's not lim there" in a 9p with 2 scum
bruh

also this whole time I thought this post was referencing my pool+the vote on me not the fire pool in the quote welp
Why would you think this was referencing you?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1394, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: prism

I think this is the best worst-case we can get here cause of the ascetic claim. Small brain simple thoughts.
In post 1398, Prism wrote:My pool is basically {Baltar, Enchant, Cephrir, Dwlee} unless there is a very good reason to go elsewhere and I am probably still better than Ceph/Dwlee.
I had just given a pool of four at the same time, and Dwlee had just voted me. I interpreted "you" as selling fire that it was a reason to vote me.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Works Cited:
In post 1408, Prism wrote:
You can't just be like "Yea this group of four could have scum but let's not lim there" in a 9p with 2 scum
The pool is literally the people I am willing to eliminate, where 2 are better options IMO than the other 2.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Hrm ok
YOUR AD HERE

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

im gonna get rid of the quote stripes. i think it's making my posts boring since im not getting engaged on them much

ok so i cant analyze baltar and be genuine without going here, so im in a neighborhood with datisi and baltar

while im going there. datisi has been a paranoia machine in there and posted an absolute fuckton. this is why im townreading datisi for seemingly no reason.
the two of them have been sorting each other but at this point i think it's just a pocket attempt and i think baltar would have managed to put more town seeming thoughts in there if he had any town thoughts. it just seems like posting just to post to me. and i don't really believe his read prog on datisi because like it's been allegedly town for a million years yet we still keep throwing in some pArAnOiA cUrVeBaLls that i perceive as not real on account of his allegedly being town on datisi for more than half the volume of the hood

i think ive been stopping myself from feeling this read because i wanted the hood to stay hidden.

we all remember baltar's over the top skitter push at the start of the game so i won't bombard you with quotes. the certainty level was goofy and i thought it was goofy at the time. im calling this phenomenon fake bravado

is a different flavor of fake bravado. imo mostly scum do this I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER HA HA HA thing when there is no actual danger

claims that a joke post from him was actually a reaction test and that's pretty dumb. possible motive in the revisionism is to protect dwlee from one of the first serious attacks of the game in a way by backing up the idea that 27 was a content post that contained thoughts

im now reading his discussion of "awkwardness" again ( for a shortcut) and failing to square that with his fire read in the present. awkwardness is allegedly the main way to catch scum d1 but fire hasn't been awkward

is another big stretch to attack skitter. i think he genuinely wanted to have a skitter elim happen on page 9 and has had to pretend this was town motivated somehow later

is trying so fucking hard to find reasons to scumread skitter that basically don't exist

i first picked on the bravado in and got ignored. then in i am crumbing baltar to look at the neighborhood where i am again trying to get an answer. at this point he admits in the hood that he is indeed faking the read strength

is interesting to me because baltar has already addressed fire's concern about dwlee, so he absolutely already knows that is the reason for fire's vote and this post exists only to throw shade on it and is not a good faith question

/ - i wonder if 307 actually does mean what it says and 309 was a cover up. maybe he knows something about the setup that makes it hard to hide. perhaps he's sweating because he's scum in a neighborhood, which does indeed make it harder to hide

is just digging for more reasons to elim skitter that don't exist. to me how this post sounds is "it's early game, so yeah, my reasons for pushing you [editor's note: really hard] were dogshit! i can't believe you would suspect me for having dogshit reasons!" this doesn't make sense because he's expecting skitter to have non-dogshit reasons while insisting he is allowed to have those

also hey! see how the admission i got in the hood that this bravado was fake still hasn't appeared in the thread? maybe that's because this is a push with an agenda and the thing said in the hood was purely to appease me. ugh fine i guess it finally makes it to the thread in damn

as i already said in , the whole line of reasoning about skitter not mentioning whatever the fuck it was that she mentioned was a shitpush. if he had backed off after she completely obliterated the point i'd say ok cool you just didn't do your research i do that all the time
but instead is what occurs, where baltar moves the goalposts by pulling up skitter's posts that prove his initial point wrong and takes them down with such eloquent arguments as "you said "probably" so this post doesn't count as existing"
and is mostly just funny

has an absurd premise that it's weird for skitter to want him to answer my/fire's questions and harp on it
people like questions to get answered and tend to think there's a reason if they go unanswered this isn't news

"but what about skitter she did it worse!" is an interesting end to a post that begins with an admission of bad faith

characterizing skitter's entire line of play as omgus is nonsense. just reads like an attempt to discourage anyone from listening to her. he's still pushing this in and notably still thinks i can be brought onside here

btw if i ever said these two could be partners, withdrawn. i doubt it.

has been brought up before but im trying to be somewhat comprehensive here. trash reason to attack fire. this has been a theme.

by the same token re: comprehensiveness, still makes little sense from a town mindset. if skitter is scum she has only one partner (if you're mathing her as town on the other hand, ...)

to me is a reversal of style. earlier, baltar indicated that his strategy is to make pushes he's not completely sure about and see what falls out, like he did with skitter. yet this isn't the post of a player with that style. if you don't have a confident scumread, why not try to find one like you were earlier
think this was just playing into the town's general sentiment of feeling lost

How do you make a post like while STILL TO DATE as in literally today april 19, acting paranoid of datisi in the hood?

maybe this isn't a scum point but i'm still mad about for being mean and making me feel bad. kinda discredits my entire existence by implying i'm a worthless player but i know that's mainly the being frustrated by it talking

now the other reason i wanted to talk about the hood at all. just a few hours before posting his recent readlist, baltar asks me in the hood if fire might be pocketing me. and i even fall for this, i think i mentioned it in my fire wall. but allegedly, prism/fire/me is his entire scum pool at this point,

and a relevant aside here, hood comments from him indicate that the readlist in is stronger than it looks and he allegedly feels very confident all the scum are in the bottom 3,

so it seems strange to come from a perspective of assuming i am town. i think the purpose of this was to plant seeds to try to stop this budding alliance of sorts to prevent me from working to keep fire around. tbh if prism isn't scum then is a similar tack

- "hey remember how i basically saved your life? you should townread me for that!"

i know it's not popular now but i actually agree with fire's take that vp should be trying to pair him with prism and it was odd that there wasn't more of a reaction to fire refusing to read prism. i feel like i mentioned this already.

im not gonna vote until i finish with my persons of interest but i doubt i will end up voting somewhere else.
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1687, Shuichi Saihara wrote:ok so i cant analyze baltar and be genuine without going here, so im in a neighborhood with datisi and baltar
Bizarely this gives credence in my mind to scum-prism ...
Also uh yeah there's almost 100% scum in you three
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Prism »

We really are massclaiming Day 1. Beautiful.

I know that's about Baltar but Datisi scum might be back on the menu, F. Will tackle the actual substance later.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:23 pm

i dont generally believe in the "every neighborhood must contain scum" thing. it's lazy and players should be read based on their content
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

This is wild. We agreed to keep the hood quiet D1 and suichi out here making unilateral moves to out it.

I am not going to read this wall in detail RN, but I don't love this development
YOUR AD HERE

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1687, Shuichi Saihara wrote:he's still pushing this in 612 and notably still thinks i can be brought onside here
I mean, it worked ...
Pedit it could be, sure. But until/unless i have a reason to think otherwise i'm gonnna stick with that

Also ur point about vpb not solving in the hood is interesting, see the recent 19p game where he was town in the hood and was using that to solve p heavily there
(And hey i was scum in that hood!)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:27 pm

In post 1691, VP Baltar wrote:This is wild. We agreed to keep the hood quiet D1 and suichi out here making unilateral moves to out it.

I am not going to read this wall in detail RN, but I don't love this development
like you weren't just threatening to out it yourself... you know datisi can see that right
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1692, skitter30 wrote:Also ur point about vpb not solving in the hood is interesting,
I am solving in the hood though with datisi. I think suichi is feelingout
YOUR AD HERE

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:29 pm

In post 1692, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1687, Shuichi Saihara wrote:he's still pushing this in 612 and notably still thinks i can be brought onside here
I mean, it worked ...
Pedit it could be, sure. But until/unless i have a reason to think otherwise i'm gonnna stick with that

Also ur point about vpb not solving in the hood is interesting, see the recent 19p game where he was town in the hood and was using that to solve p heavily there
(And hey i was scum in that hood!)
did i say he wasnt solving, i didnt think i said that. imo the main thrust has been sorting datisi tho. i could probably reread it to come down on whether there is also solving or not but i mainly just referenced particular events from it that have been living in my brain
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I mean ceph is claiming you're paranoia-scumreading dats in the hood
I suppose we shall have to wait until after dats' test to get The Truth
Show
Hiatus once more.

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1688, skitter30 wrote:Bizarely this gives credence in my mind to scum-prism ...
I know this is not about my constant antagonism/outright trolling at times, but I want to make it clear that I am aware of how it comes off and the concerns it creates. I'm not really inclined to rein them in; if you think I don't know better as scum and doubt the read on that basis it is on you. Refuge in audacity is viable but I am very, very deft with my footwork and timing. I'm just having fun.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Prism »

First thought is that I find it unlikely scum aren't in a neighborhood or have some adjacent role given the claims we've seen on the table BTW, eg. mailman
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1687, Shuichi Saihara wrote:datisi has been a paranoia machine in there and posted an absolute fuckton. this is why im townreading datisi for seemingly no reason.
the two of them have been sorting each other but at this point i think it's just a pocket attempt and i think baltar would have managed to put more town seeming thoughts in there if he had any town thoughts. it just seems like posting just to post to me.
Oh i got 'vpb isnt really solving there' out of this but maybe i read it wrong, in which case i retract that bit

Pedit i think the trolling is hilarious, and i think (?) i'm taking it entirely in the vein its written in and i dont scumread you for it

That comment was entirely a mechanics-based comment, i think the hood basically exists to give the bunyip red herrings (one of which is actually scum, see: the prior boon setup with the bunyip and scum ascetic and scum in hood)
And to make the ascetic the token 'extra special red herring' which in my mind feels kinda scummy but idk
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”