Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Prism »

It's a joke because I am relentlessly precise as scum. Exact wording, progressions and conversations with town players planned weeks in advance.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1375, Prism wrote:It's a joke because I am relentlessly precise as scum. Exact wording, progressions and conversations with town players planned weeks in advance.
Isn't the argument Ari making about your dayplay that you're trying to play against this meta with a very meandering and lost style today tho?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ok that's what i thought, just checking

Fwiw ari (again you're gonna shout since i dont have first hand meta experience) but my impression of how prism would play scum is very clean ans very precise and very conscious of appearances

I dont think she does wheelies in thread as scum, but i guess i can always be wrong ...

I'm gonna feel really silly in post if i'm wrong tho ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Prism »

It's a response to her joke in the fake Discord that I was openwolfing, anti-spewing, and popping wheelies. I actually have a fondness for one-off dollar store fimmicks that make posts like mine to skitter somewhat plausible as scum.
Spoiler: Anatomy of a single S/S post
In post 12, Prism wrote:Next, let's break down the sequence itself.

Splitting this into 3 different posts was a conscious choice. You don't want to tell someone what your thought process is; it is much more convincing to
take them along for the ride
. Most people tend to stop at sentence-to-sentence or make only reactionary pivot turns.
Unprompted
turns utilizing multiple posts and real time gaps have great power. Splitting up posts, waiting a few minutes, then going further or in a different direction gives the appearance that you've finished a thought, but have been chewing on it more. Here, I chose to use the illusion that I'm just now catching up to further this as being spurred by quotes, but honestly? It tends to work better without them.

Let's dive into the first post where I immediately react to Spartan.
In post 735, Prism wrote:
In post 599, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 598, Prism wrote:Don't have time to really read today, prefer the Spartan vote to Enchant one. I'm probably not going to get more out of Frederick, safebet was top scumread but will wait on replacement. Might swap vote tomorrow, might keep it.
Can you explain your read of me compared to Enchant, why am I the better vote? Why do you think I am scum?

Why was Safebet your top scumread? Personally I he is a townread of mine I'm going to have to re-evaluate once he is replaced.
Hey, I'm really sorry I couldn't get to this yesterday.

Enchant and you are both kind of dart throw gut reads. Enchant was pretty comfortable at the start and his thought processes have mostly been fine in my book, the questioning floo in 150 is one example. esoteric was right that he was a bit fillery but in context I think he's just conversing, not really going out of his way. The worst thing he's done to me is put flow trap at E-2....which was fine.

With you I didn't like the explanation for the "I feel like there's at least 1 scum in these two" comment about Salsabil/flow trap. Your explanation seems to just suggest Salsabil town and flow trap scum-and flow trap wasn't even in your top reads and you were voting outside.

Declaring something as likely TvS is one of the few things I ask about immediately as a hard rule. It's not a superb tell, but it's great to force people to justify it immediately regardless. As scum it forces you to justify it rather than chain miselims/let the 1v1 continue without interdiction. As town I need to get you to drill down and pick which one is scum, or realize neither have to be, instead of leaning on one of the easiest bad assumptions to make in the game. You were my third vote choice so you'd be more of a compromise than my first choice, if that's what you're worried about.

For safebet, I know he's been replaced and will get to that in a bit, but I didn't like the clashing motivations he had early on and the read wall he gave. (Post links are my explanations). I never got explanations from him on any of these and now I never will.
First sentence in red is standard tonal distancing, friendly/ingratiating to give the nonpartner appearance.

Second paragraph, in blue, tackles the Enchant half of the preference statement. It's intentionally very weak to give the appearance of waffling. I had mostly caught up and known about Enchant but not completely at this point, I don't for sure know that he's getting voted out yet: So I want it to draw Enchant-Prism flags in the event I flip. Enchant ~probably~ flipping town soon means I can afford to be a bit lax in my justification for not voting him over Spartan without much concern. If you don't see why it's weak, it's really lacking in depth, very vague and extremely noncommittal. I'm ascribing vague attitudes like "comfortable at the start", which means nothing. "Thought processes have mostly been fine" is again noncommittal and with no depth despite the backlink. The defense around filler/the worst thing comments aren't
terrible
but like I said, this entire section is intentionally very super weak.

Next up it's time to go to bat against Spartan to complete justifying the preference order. This one is a delicate balance. I need to make this strong in case he flips, but I don't want to bus him. I need to give both of us room here: I want room to townread him, he wants to be able to answer with depth that makes us both look good without pushing me in turn. So I turn it into a fake teaching moment. His TvS statement
was
scum bread and butter, but I can play it off. The more nuanced part comes down to my lecture: I'm trying to give the appearance that me asking him about it was good for him, good for the town members in question, and me trying to encourage good play. This is just +town points for me while not putting any pressure on Spartan's alignment at all.

The final line, "You were my third vote choice so you'd be more of a compromise than my first choice, if that's what you're worried about", is again all tonal distancing. I have no reason to reassure a scum partner I'm not bussing him inthread over the PT: the endgoal here is to look like I am reassuring a town I'm on their side.

Finally, in white we have the beginnings of a dialogue on our reads. This gives me the important launch point I need: Shifting from Spartan as a potential waffle vote to someone I'm actively trying to team up with and mislead into misvoting.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Prism »

Anyway my plan is to basically play video games and maybe try again on Wednesday

If there's a collated scum case for me to read (Baltar, consider making one on fire, tracking through I found it unconvincing) hmu
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Part of the issue with this game is I think we are all looking for some slam dunk case among a group of good players. That's pretty unlikely to happen on D1, imo. I mostly think we need a yeet to move the game forward.

A few consensus options might be:

1) Lim skitter since most people at some point or another have scum read the tiger. I'm not a big fan deciding D1 lims as hard consensus that way because they rarely seem to be correct. I also like that skitter seems to be trying to solve more.

2) we lim prism to clear up the ascetic claim and because she seems to be playing hard against expectations from other people here. I mostly think mechanically this makes some sense as the D1 play, but I also don't find her super scummy outside the mechs. She kind of dipped off solving and hasn't really picked up much, but idk what is normal for prism. Yeeting here is a bit of trusting ari and datisi in their meta reads.

3) we lim between dwlee and enchant. This also feels a bit like policy to me. I'm inclined to believe enchants claim is town, but I also don't find dwlee very scummy for pushing there.

4) someone makes a compelling case about their pet read. I've stated fire is mine and can reiterate that. I think people are being lulled to sleep by him just being a nice, calm person overall, but such is life.

Pedit- prism, I'll consider making a case on fire today if I feel motivated.
YOUR AD HERE

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Enchant »

I am against dwlee99 lim.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Prism »

...I don't disagree with the mech solution, but how did I dip off on solving? I literally spent yesterday tracking through multiple players, and 180'd on my biggest scumread. I threw in the towel at that point because God help me if I go back through again though, yeah.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:51 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1381, Enchant wrote:I am against dwlee99 lim.
Based
UNVOTE: Enchant
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

What is a reflective step back and is it scummy or townie
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm still kinda sus on vpb ngl
I'm not sure i *like* prism's reversal on me but i lowkey still think she's town tbh?

Also the analysis of your scumpost was quite interesting
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Aristeia »

name one thing Prism has done that is town indicative
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1382, Prism wrote:...I don't disagree with the mech solution, but how did I dip off on solving? I literally spent yesterday tracking through multiple players, and 180'd on my biggest scumread. I threw in the towel at that point because God help me if I go back through again though, yeah.
I need to reread some of your stuff from yesterday, because I'll level with you fam, I didn't have the energy to track that and catch up on 10+ pages here.

In an ethereal way, I don't see a main thrust to your solving since the Ari fight, but I could have missed something. (And yes I saw you and Datisi going at it, but that wasn't hooking me and I think datisi is town)
YOUR AD HERE

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:58 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1387, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1382, Prism wrote:...I don't disagree with the mech solution, but how did I dip off on solving? I literally spent yesterday tracking through multiple players, and 180'd on my biggest scumread. I threw in the towel at that point because God help me if I go back through again though, yeah.
I need to reread some of your stuff from yesterday, because I'll level with you fam, I didn't have the energy to track that and catch up on 10+ pages here.

In an ethereal way, I don't see a main thrust to your solving since the Ari fight, but I could have missed something. (And yes I saw you and Datisi going at it, but that wasn't hooking me and I think datisi is town)
you suck at distancing with your partner
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1388, Aristeia wrote:you suck at distancing with your partner
Ok.
YOUR AD HERE

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Aristeia »

thanks for the confirm
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Prism »

In post 1386, Aristeia wrote:name one thing Prism has done that is town indicative
I'm not going to make a case for this other than to say the bar for you is literally "get a scumflip" and we will see if I somehow get one lmao

In the meantime picture this: I'm openwolfing, getting townread anyway, and there you are in the background, powerless to stop it.

At some point I should stop trolling but of any potential townflips mine is probably the least disastrous, scumflip would be ace though
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Aristeia »

I don't think you've even tried to actually get a scum flip

Nothing you've done so far feels like you trying to kill someone.

You're just kind of laughing at me.

Which tbf I would also be doing in your shoes.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1391, Prism wrote:powerless to stop it.
I've learned a long time ago that getting upset about things you can't change is a fruitless endeavour.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: prism

I think this is the best worst-case we can get here cause of the ascetic claim. Small brain simple thoughts.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Prism »

Aristeia let us say in a magical, magical fantasy land, I am given a town role PM. A world of vast possibilities, paradoxes, of cruel fates, humorous turns, and wonderful destinies.

Who should you perhaps be voting in that world?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:05 am

Post by Aristeia »

Sometimes our hearts are simply bound to the cruel chains of fate.

Heartbreak tastes just as sweet as honeydew wine if you learn to enjoy the pain.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:05 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i would prefer there not be a lim on prism, enchant, ari, shuichi. could be scum in there, but i don't want it today. probably would lean away from skitter at this point. really would like vp and i think it's doable. not sure on dwlee and datisi.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:07 am

Post by Prism »

My pool is basically {Baltar, Enchant, Cephrir, Dwlee} unless there is a very good reason to go elsewhere and I am probably still better than Ceph/Dwlee.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

VOTE: prism

I'm down.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”