Mini 693 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia (OVER)

Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:44 am

Post by Pesco47 »

I'm not sure when you asked it, but I'm only noticing this most recent one. Might we also take that as your admission to rolefishing from even earlier? FoS Zazier (if we're allowed more than one).
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:52 am

Post by ZazieR »

Pesco, why are you still having your random vote, while FoSing CC09 and me? When I FoS, that's a sign of 'I'm suspecting you, but I see someone else as scummier'. Please explain why you don't vote one of the players who you have FoS'ed.

Why did you FoS me for rolefishing, while others are doing the same?
Ignore the ''R''
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:16 am

Post by Pesco47 »

You get a FoS for being hypocritical. I'll make my official FoS's and votes when I'm good and ready to move them.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:33 am

Post by iLord »

@Zasier:

If you look at my post, I asked why you asked "Why" rather than "Does"
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"They say that there is a secret near a tree in Kakariko Village." - a Gossip Stone

My apologies for not posting vote counts for the last two days (my access was more limited than I thought). I'll hand out prods later today. - Tar

The Ninth Vote Count (aka the "A, Down, Right, Right, Left" Vote Count):

Vote Count:

andersonw (0)
ZazieR (rep. letsbefriends) (0)
Natirasha (1) - Natirasha
malthusis (0)
ooba (2) - SilverPhoenix, Pesco47
SilverPhoenix (0)
iLord (1) - ZONEACE
ZONEACE (1) - andersonw
CoheedCambria09 (2) - ZazieR (rep. letsbefriends), iLord
Pesco47 (0)
raider8169 (2) - CoheedCambria09, ooba

Not Voting (2): raider8169, malthusis

Votes required to lynch: 7

FoS Count:

andersonw (1) - ZONEACE
letsbefriends
Natirasha
malthusis
ooba
SilverPhoenix (1) - ZazieR (rep. letsbefriends)
iLord
ZONEACE
CoheedCambria09 (1) - Pesco47
Pesco47
raider8169

Current and Final Deadline:
November 11, 2008 at ~6:00 P.M. (GMT -6)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:23 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

I was refering to MSSK, Zaz.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:18 am

Post by andersonw »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:I was putting what I was thinking into text. In my mind I was running through the possibilities and I wrote them here. There was nothing else to comment on as well as nobody was/is talking.
So, why didn't you say that when ZazieR asked you about it? You replied with "I'm not the only person speculating", instead.
ZazieR wrote: As shown in the above posts, I wasn't the only one wondering if SSK had control over his vote. But as we know, SSK can't talk. That's why I'm asking Malthusis if he knows something about this.
It seems that you're doing pretty much what CoCam said by saying this, you're using the fact that other people asked about MSSK to alleviate the fact that you did, too. I would also like to point out iLord's comment, that you said "why" while the other people said "does".
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:43 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

ZazieR wrote:Pesco, why are you still having your random vote, while FoSing CC09 and me? When I FoS, that's a sign of 'I'm suspecting you, but I see someone else as scummier'. Please explain why you don't vote one of the players who you have FoS'ed.

Why did you FoS me for rolefishing, while others are doing the same?
ZazieR wrote: Speculating is never good. I already showed this in my previous post. Scum will help catching the role if the ability is from a pro-town player, and scum will send you in the 'right direction' if the ability is from scum.
That is where the contradiction comes from. What I was doing before is the same as what you were doing just now. The point is I don't find it scummy, but you did, yet you used it anyway. Scum generally are the ones to contradict their own strategies in a game. A
FoS: ZazieR
for now.
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Pesco47 »

ZazieR wrote:Pesco, why are you still having your random vote, while FoSing CC09 and me? When I FoS, that's a sign of 'I'm suspecting you, but I see someone else as scummier'. Please explain why you don't vote one of the players who you have FoS'ed.
What a FoS means to you is your business, I don't necessarily treat it in the same measure. If you want my vote somewhere more intimidating, you can have it.

Unvote, Vote Zazier

Based on the reasons why I unofficially FoS'd you earlier.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:27 am

Post by iLord »

Just to be clear, if Zas was just asking whether or not Mathuis knew anything about the double vote, that would've been fine. However, since he was asking about why, he was asking more about Mathuis's role, which is suspicious role speculating.

I don't really like SilverPhoenix trying to use this "contradiction" as evidence to back his nomcommital stand on this possible wagon.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by raider8169 »

I think I have stayed out of this way too much but I have to ask. Why is trying to figure out the possible roles so bad? I know it helps out scum to figure out what they are up agianst but at the same time more information the town has the better.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by andersonw »

raider8169 wrote:I think I have stayed out of this way too much but I have to ask. Why is trying to figure out the possible roles so bad? I know it helps out scum to figure out what they are up agianst but at the same time more information the town has the better.
I think it's bad because, what "information" will the town gain from trying to figure out the roles?
The only information we would get would be
some
of the
many possible
roles (which means that we would probably be wrong and not get any information at all, pretty much).
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by iLord »

raider wrote:I think I have stayed out of this way too much but I have to ask. Why is trying to figure out the possible roles so bad? I know it helps out scum to figure out what they are up agianst but at the same time more information the town has the better.
Knowing the roles when the time is due is good.

The time is not due yet. (Think about why we're not mass-claiming)

Speculating does not give us information on roles.

Only gives scum information on who has no idea what's going on, and who might actually be a power role.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

iLord wrote:I don't really like SilverPhoenix trying to use this "contradiction" as evidence to back his nomcommital stand on this possible wagon.
I'm noncommital because there is barely anything there, just like the accusations based on my speculation barely have a base. There is absolutely no reason for me to "commit" a vote on a bare case, especially at this early point in the game. It is a slight suspicion, (hence the FoS), and not much more, possibly a part of a case later on, but not enough for a vote right now.
Unvote
because it looks like we are actually putting value into votes now.

And I wouldn't say ZazieR is a possible wagon by any means. Only one vote? Seriously... :roll:
[/i]
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Malthusis has been prodded and has received an Official Warning for Rule 15 violation (as this is his second prod).

Ooba and Natirasha have been prodded. This is the first prod for each.

All three players have 72 hours to post in the thread; if they do not, they will be replaced.

I apologize for not prodding these players ages ago (it's been almost a week since Natirasha posted). V/LA is a pain in the ass. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:20 am

Post by iLord »

SP wrote:I'm noncommital because there is barely anything there, just like the accusations based on my speculation barely have a base. There is absolutely no reason for me to "commit" a vote on a bare case, especially at this early point in the game. It is a slight suspicion, (hence the FoS), and not much more, possibly a part of a case later on, but not enough for a vote right now. Unvote because it looks like we are actually putting value into votes now.

And I wouldn't say ZazieR is a possible wagon by any means. Only one vote? Seriously...
Let's take a look at your post:
SP wrote:That is where the contradiction comes from. What I was doing before is the same as what you were doing just now. The point is I don't find it scummy, but you did, yet you used it anyway. Scum generally are the ones to contradict their own strategies in a game. A FoS: ZazieR for now.
First of all, you attempt to use Zas's action to defende yourself without fullying understanding or stating why Zas's action is scummy - it's different from the one you imply by stating the "contradiction."

"A FOS: ZasieR for now"

"For now" - ready to spring on if a wagon develops.

Alternatively, you can also spring off if this wagon fails, demonstrating how noncommittal your attack is.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:28 am

Post by Natirasha »

Wow. I'm really sorry, I rarely get prodded. I'll come up with something soon.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:50 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

iLord wrote:
SP wrote:I'm noncommital because there is barely anything there, just like the accusations based on my speculation barely have a base. There is absolutely no reason for me to "commit" a vote on a bare case, especially at this early point in the game. It is a slight suspicion, (hence the FoS), and not much more, possibly a part of a case later on, but not enough for a vote right now. Unvote because it looks like we are actually putting value into votes now.

And I wouldn't say ZazieR is a possible wagon by any means. Only one vote? Seriously...
Let's take a look at your post:
SP wrote:That is where the contradiction comes from. What I was doing before is the same as what you were doing just now. The point is I don't find it scummy, but you did, yet you used it anyway. Scum generally are the ones to contradict their own strategies in a game. A FoS: ZazieR for now.
First of all, you attempt to use Zas's action to defende yourself without fullying understanding or stating why Zas's action is scummy - it's different from the one you imply by stating the "contradiction."

"A FOS: ZasieR for now"

"For now" - ready to spring on if a wagon develops.

Alternatively, you can also spring off if this wagon fails, demonstrating how noncommittal your attack is.
First, I never said I
wasn't
noncommittal. You definitely missed the point I made in the post you quoted.
Second, I don't particularly find what he was asking of SSK really scummy, but I find the contradiction that he makes with his past position sort of scummy. It's the kind of tell that you incorporate into a larger case down the road to see if he repeats his flip-floppiness or if he does other scummy things, but certainly not the kind of tell that I would vote for.

So yes, I am being noncommittal, because there isn't much substance in the case. You could argue that cases this early don't need much substance, but they are all still diving boards for the larger cases down the road that catch scum. This diving board is just a little small for me.
[/i]
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:56 am

Post by ooba »

I've made a re-read. Before I post my thoughts , it would help if everyone can answer this question:

On a scale of 1-10,
with 1 being "What is Zelda?"
and 5 being "I know the entire story,overall theme of Ocarnia of time"
and 10 being "I know all the character bios and even know the dialogs backwards"

where would you fall?
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:32 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

ooba wrote:I've made a re-read. Before I post my thoughts , it would help if everyone can answer this question:

On a scale of 1-10,
and 10 being "I know all the character bios and even know the dialogs backwards"

where would you fall?
9ish. 8-)
[/i]
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:52 am

Post by iLord »

SP wrote:First, I never said I wasn't noncommittal. You definitely missed the point I made in the post you quoted.
Second, I don't particularly find what he was asking of SSK really scummy, but I find the contradiction that he makes with his past position sort of scummy. It's the kind of tell that you incorporate into a larger case down the road to see if he repeats his flip-floppiness or if he does other scummy things, but certainly not the kind of tell that I would vote for.

So yes, I am being noncommittal, because there isn't much substance in the case. You could argue that cases this early don't need much substance, but they are all still diving boards for the larger cases down the road that catch scum. This diving board is just a little small for me.
I see.

Do you believe that Zas should be pressured so that you can get a better read on him?

@Ooba: I'd say about a 4.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:07 am

Post by Natirasha »

ooba wrote:I've made a re-read. Before I post my thoughts , it would help if everyone can answer this question:

On a scale of 1-10,

where would you fall?
I'd say about an 8.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Pesco47 »

On a scale of 1-10,

where would you fall?
7/8
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:57 am

Post by raider8169 »

On a scale of 1-10,

where would you fall?
I would say a 5. I played the game a long time ago, loved it but that was just that, a long time ago.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:57 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Ok guys, sorry, i know ive been a shit about posting, but crazy time in my life has passed and I can focus on this again and I will be reading tonight and tomorrow and getting game relevant post up tomorrow evening most likely.
Late twenties, early Thursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”