Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Datisi »

yes

and i ended up being right that it was townie so what is the issue here

pedit: @ari

skitt, i don't think scum, in this playerlist, can afford to be lazy
if i'm being stupid and wifomed over then i guess but
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Aristeia »

but you actually thought I was mafia :<

so you mean you just think the behavior is more likely from town

and you pulled it to defend me because you thought it was a townie behavior from scum!me?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Datisi »

i thought you were my scumbuddy going to die and i tried to find something you did that game that i could convincingly sell as townie (make note that i myself did not *think* it was townie then, i don't have that kind of cognition when i'm informed at all)

and this game i saw dwlee doing that thing and i thought it was townie

like it's a funny coincidence that this happen, but yes but actually no - i didn't think it was townie behaviour from scum!you, i thought it was behaviour that i could use to present you as town

does that make sense?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:12 am

Post by skitter30 »

Hard game is hard >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Aristeia »

you can always sheep me on prism and yell at me if i'm wrong
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:15 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 712, VP Baltar wrote:I don't love that basically the entire player list supports a skitter lim
i can't remember if anyone talked about this but i think it's bad for several reasons

one is that this is a 9p, its not like 2 scum are gonna have a large social influence on the game if one of them is being run up. the 1 partner could be one of the people who is like "yeah skitter kinda scummy" but not really pushing there, or it could be they already decided skitter is going down and are bussing, or it could be enchant who hasn't really given any reads

another reason is that vp was calling for more skitter votes and for a skitter wagon for like the whole early game. and then when he gets what he wants and skitter's response to pressure is, as he says, "not great", suddenly he backs off with the reasoning that there were too many people supporting the elim

like i don't think its valid at all to think that someone can't be scum in a 9p when they are a mostly consensus scumread

and vp's progression on skitter kinda makes me think that the team is just vp/skitt and they were like haha let's make an early push for pressure and towncred bc skitter is a strong player who can handle it and won't get limmed, oh oops, people actually agreed, ahhh, what now, find somewhere else to push

and skitter voting datisi when that seemed to be the likely push but then now switching to dwlee is just... kinda scummy

so i guess what im saying is

VOTE: skitter

let's bring this one back
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:15 am

Post by fireisredsir »

also hey what is UP im here now and ready to rumble
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

My i'm partners with everyone this game
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

Shuichi attempts to get his head in the game. It's not very effective. Shuichi became confused!
In post 32, skitter30 wrote:
In post 9, Prism wrote:I'm ascetic.
I want to give townpoints to this except i think scum-prism probably claims it too?
In post 36, skitter30 wrote:
In post 10, Prism wrote:Shockingly that is actually +town for Enchant because he's not reading the fake PM as scum lmao
Idk if scum claims it right out the gate, i think town nearly always does (or at least town who's moderately experienced, whatever)
In post 99, skitter30 wrote:Mailman is the one where you send messages at night?

I'm not sure that's damning for prism tbh
In post 196, skitter30 wrote:I'm not sure 'satisfied' is the right word, more a combo of:
Their thouhht could be plausible and i'm feeling a bit worse abt vpb now

~

I dont really have thoughts on this ari/prism thing, i think they can plausibly be tvt
There's a lot of hedging here. 32 doesn't do anything besides try to look town -- as I write this, I'm thinking the entire concept of "I want to townread X, but I won't" is scummy, which is an original thing that's coming up for me right now; it looks like a town thought process but avoids committing to any read. 196 calls the conflict TvT without really calling it TvT ("I don't really have thoughts, except here are my thoughts"). "I'm not sure that damning" reads similarly, and "I don't think" would have served just as nicely in that slot meaning-wise.

I do not immediately recall what pushed VPB to go on here early, but if we were at post 200 now, I would go for it.
In post 121, skitter30 wrote:
In post 114, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 89, skitter30 wrote:Vpb why are u wagoning me?
You're having too many SERIOUS reads based on meh things.
You realize i can *very* easily bounce this read back at you, right?

And also i think you're vastly overestimating the strength of my reads ar present
The phrasing of "you realize I can" substantially changes the tone here. It could be a point about hypocrisy, but instead it is a threat. Granted, I am unsure what scum would hope to gain by threatening a townie.

Welcome to Pedantry Hour, evidently. More to come.

More general comment, skitter doesn't seem interested in explaining her reads at this point, only stating them. I can chalk this up to her being in an airport though.
In post 211, skitter30 wrote:I have yes. I'm not convinced either of u are scum

I dont think ari enters the game claiming novice mailman and uses that to push you (/ me) - while scum-her might want to push us two, i dont think she thinks this would br a particularly convincing/winning path

I dont have a strong read on you, but i similarly dont think you beinf ascetic is inherently scum indicative

We can at least say you're probably not scum together, i suppose
In post 214, skitter30 wrote:And i think prism probably believes what she's pushing ari for rn

Vpb these posts are kinda sus ngl, especially since they form the bulk of your content; i have a hard time believing you believe that ...
In post 268, skitter30 wrote:
In post 248, Prism wrote:My argument is that you previously went on a snipehunt chasing my partner before me in the Mini Normal. I don't think you even start on that path again and just focus squarely on me.

Your response to this was that you understood the connection. However you didn't spend that much time on it, and you weren't actually voting skitter. In comparison, you actually wound up forcing my "partner" through first in the other game as you were already there. This distinction is a mitigating response with further depth of context, not a complete rejection.

Perhaps you are in fact town and this distinction critical. Acting like there's obviously no real connection and it's irrational from my end to expect this makes me suspect it is in bad faith.
You're behaving differently than how town-prism thinks you would behave here - namely, she doesn't think you would start a push on a teamread involving here again after the events of that game
/ you would keep the events of last game in mind as you make fhis push here

You're not and she finds this suspicious

I dont know wjat the events of last game are so i really couldnt say if this is a reasonable expectation or not
These thoughts are all just... so basic and obvious. Scum might even not post them because they're so uninteresting and level zero/probably the first thing one would think of.

I know that Aris asked someone to help her understand what was happening but choosing to take the role of Chief Explainer is busywork scum can do to look helpful.

I swear if I were finding town aspects I would post them too... I just didn't find any so far. After I finish here I should do VPB, if he was going at any of the same stuff I am then I should rethink how I viewed his line of play at the start.

pedit: hi pedits!
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:17 am

@fire give my thunder back

ignore than my post was not actually that thunderous
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:17 am

In post 1003, skitter30 wrote:Hard game is hard >.>
I already hate myself for asking this, but what is with the excess of <.< faces from you?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

Idk i like making them

More protracted response ro the above after work etc ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:19 am

In post 1005, fireisredsir wrote:another reason is that vp was calling for more skitter votes and for a skitter wagon for like the whole early game. and then when he gets what he wants and skitter's response to pressure is, as he says, "not great", suddenly he backs off with the reasoning that there were too many people supporting the elim

like i don't think its valid at all to think that someone can't be scum in a 9p when they are a mostly consensus scumread
Good point.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:19 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1009, Shuichi Saihara wrote:@fire give my thunder back

ignore than my post was not actually that thunderous
actually excellent timing bc if you had posted it later i would have gotten paranoid that you were just following me around

but now i know it was genuine and so therefore i can just locktown you
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1012, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 1005, fireisredsir wrote:another reason is that vp was calling for more skitter votes and for a skitter wagon for like the whole early game. and then when he gets what he wants and skitter's response to pressure is, as he says, "not great", suddenly he backs off with the reasoning that there were too many people supporting the elim

Good point.
i read this and suddenly i remember that there was a time where i thought the scumteam was skitter/vp and i'm like bro... bro what if...
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ari i really want you to revisit dats tomorrow ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: skitter

what am i doing
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:22 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1008, Shuichi Saihara wrote:There's a lot of hedging here. 32 doesn't do anything besides try to look town -- as I write this, I'm thinking the entire concept of "I want to townread X, but I won't" is scummy, which is an original thing that's coming up for me right now; it looks like a town thought process but avoids committing to any read.
this reminds me that datisi did this multiple times in the last large when he was scum
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1005, fireisredsir wrote:i can't remember if anyone talked about this but i think it's bad for several reasons

one is that this is a 9p, its not like 2 scum are gonna have a large social influence on the game if one of them is being run up. the 1 partner could be one of the people who is like "yeah skitter kinda scummy" but not really pushing there, or it could be they already decided skitter is going down and are bussing, or it could be enchant who hasn't really given any reads

another reason is that vp was calling for more skitter votes and for a skitter wagon for like the whole early game. and then when he gets what he wants and skitter's response to pressure is, as he says, "not great", suddenly he backs off with the reasoning that there were too many people supporting the elim

and vp's progression on skitter kinda makes me think that the team is just vp/skitt and they were like haha let's make an early push for pressure and towncred bc skitter is a strong player who can handle it and won't get limmed, oh oops, people actually agreed, ahhh, what now, find somewhere else to push

and skitter voting datisi when that seemed to be the likely push but then now switching to dwlee is just... kinda scummy
- i think that logic (i.e. everyone scumreading one person is sus from a gamestate perspective) still holds in a micro (and i know it holds here)
- i'm literally only dropping dats cuz ari is insisting he's town. I pretty adamently think dats is scummy
- i still think vpb is scummy
- if i was partners with vpb i really dont think that's how the early game plays out in that:
-- i dont think he pushes me that hard out of the blue
-- i think if i'm pushing *him* i keep it going quite a while longer

Pedit i am p darn convinced that dats is scum here, and i would greatly appreciate it if y'all would listen to that tomorrow ^^^

And i'll just claim: vt
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1016, Datisi wrote:VOTE: skitter

what am i doing
P confident this is scum-dats ^^^^
Show
Hiatus once more.

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 am

In post 308, skitter30 wrote:
In post 304, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 303, skitter30 wrote:Oh dear, i'm doing this all wrong apparently >.<

Anyways can we talk about how scummy vpb is being and how stilted he sounds ^
Stilted?
You're asking the wrong questions, commenting on things that are kinda irrelevant, and your read on me is bad and way too strong for the reasoning you're giving, and you're reacting kinda off to me/people pointing that out

Pedit what do u mean by 'setup' in this context?

(Fun fact! My flight got delayed by a full 4 hours!)
I want to remember to see how true this was.
In post 311, skitter30 wrote:
In post 309, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 308, skitter30 wrote:Pedit what do u mean by 'setup' in this context?
9p packed with good town.

Who are the people "pointing it out" besides you?

Also, my questions are on fucking point. As opposed to you, who provided zero commentary on the main event of the game so far (ari/prism)Prism, and just omgused me on basically the same thing I called you out about.

(Sorry bout your flight though, that sucks)
- fire/ceph have both said similar things as me, i dont believe you've responded to anything either has said

- i actually have made several posts on the main event of the game, including a long one literally on the bottom of the previous page explaining my thoughts.

Have your thoughts on ari/prism developed beyond this?
In post 181, VP Baltar wrote:I am team Ari in this dispute.
I would actually argue that you've made less meaningul commentary than me on the main event of the game, so kinda galling that you come scumreading me for things that you're doing to a bigger extreme yourself
Now that fire has returned to the fore the idea that this post could be theater, I cannot unsee it. The fact that VP ignored those posts from fire/me to keep responding to skitter suggests an intentional focus. I had an issue with the strength of that skitter push at the time as it felt unnatural, and I've been fobbed off with some excuses by now but I'm no longer certain I believe them.
In post 340, skitter30 wrote:
In post 339, Datisi wrote:assuming the words "dats" and "like" are supposed to be switched around, (1) why do you choose this to say now? (2) why?
Usually in the beginning of games i try to say whatever comes to mind, however slight - doing so tends to generate content, which is nice early on

(You know this ...)

For your second question - i was questioning why my scumpings were 'bad and wrong', i'm not sure what you're objecting to
It is somewhat disturbing to me to consider that this has been skitter saying whatever comes to mind at this point. It does explain the super basic thoughts I tagged earlier, but if all her posts to this point have been pretty off the cuff and not holding anything back, why are they so insubstantial (e.g. "I don't like dats post"... ok why? Sounds like nothing is being withheld, so did the thoughts even exist?)

Suspending this for a moment because STD is on a work call with a person with a piercing voice and I can't hear myself think.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1008, Shuichi Saihara wrote:There's a lot of hedging here. 32 doesn't do anything besides try to look town -- as I write this, I'm thinking the entire concept of "I want to townread X, but I won't" is scummy, which is an original thing that's coming up for me right now; it looks like a town thought process but avoids committing to any read. 196 calls the conflict TvT without really calling it TvT ("I don't really have thoughts, except here are my thoughts"). "I'm not sure that damning" reads similarly, and "I don't think" would have served just as nicely in that slot meaning-wise.
You can call it hedging sure, but that's just how i normally talk/type
Show
Hiatus once more.

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:28 am

In post 1018, skitter30 wrote:-- i think if i'm pushing *him* i keep it going quite a while longer
It wasn't working, so I don't see why.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1008, Shuichi Saihara wrote:The phrasing of "you realize I can" substantially changes the tone here. It could be a point about hypocrisy, but instead it is a threat. Granted, I am unsure what scum would hope to gain by threatening a townie.
That's me starting to become annoyed
Show
Hiatus once more.

Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:29 am

If you are town and want me to give scum-dats the time of day as a concept, I need more.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”