SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by SensFan »

Kinda surprised I have to quote this for you, but whatever.
Seraphim wrote:I'm kinda glad that ShadowGirl is dead. She would be working to keep certain people alive to win, which might incude scum.

After deep thinking...I didn't like the Sociopath lynch. After his roleclaim, I quickly backed off. I thought his roleclaim was solid and really have no idea why people continued to vote for him. The case against him was incredibly weak.

I'm still thinking about either voting for Electra or voting for Yaw(who, I believe, started that bandwagon), so...

I want everyone who was on that bandwagon at the end of the day, sans MafiaSSK(Yaw, Caboose, forbiddanlight, SensFan, Electra) to explain their reasoning on their vote on Sociopath.
Seraphim wrote:I believe it's entirely possible(in fact, very probable) that some/one of the people on the SP lynch are/is scum.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Allow to rephrase your statement: I'm saying that the SP wagon was, at the very least, jumped upon by at least one scum. I implied that the SP lynch was, IMO, bad town play.

I also believed that by asking people why they had voted for SP in the first place, I could, through their reactions, hopefully find that possible scum. I'll post my opinions on those posts when I have time, which isn't now
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Yaw »

Seraphim wrote:I'm not saying you're scum, I'm saying that you can't use that argument to argue that you're not scum. Scum can change wagons too.
While true, at best this is a null tell. Considering you were on the ooba-wagon yesterday, which was based entirely on the idea that ooba had to be scum since he was changing wagons...

At any rate, the point I'm making isn't that I changed wagons. It was that I did so very close to deadline with good reasoning.
Seraphim wrote:Once again, I'm not questioning the original case on SP. You're absolutely correct about that. What I didn't like was

A. How you introduced it.
B. How you didn't back down even though the MafiaSSK case was still salvagable after SP's roleclaim
Well, part of the reason for how I introduced it was that it was getting late when I thought I connected the dots together, and wanted something in fast (as you noticed, the actual explanation was a bit lengthy). Another part is that the main reason I thought SocioPath was scum was that during the conversation we were having about special notes he was effectively claiming that he wasn't a townie. I didn't want to just throw that out there, because I was hoping to catch him lying on that point when he roleclaimed. A day later, I realized I had to give some info about that idea to get people to support a wagon, but up to that point I was rather hoping to get him to claim without giving him extra information to inform a claim. And since I didn't believe the claim, I saw no reason to back down.
Seraphim wrote:Lynching a townie is still lynching a townie. After a game I played on another site, I find it my policy to never, ever lynch a claimed power role on Day 1. Ever. If he's still alive on Day 2, well, then we have a problem. But, for Day 1...no, that's stupid. It's bad play.
Going out of order to address this, since it's related. You've created a meta in which all scum have to do to get a free pass from you on day 1 is claim a power role.
Any
power role. This is a bad thing. Scum
have
to lie about their roles, so you're ensuring that every single day 1 you're either supporting a lynch on a townie or an annoyance role (like a survivor). If you don't grow a pair and start being willing to lynch claimed power roles to some extent, scum are going to take advantage of you.
Seraphim wrote:*shrugs* I have no idea. You could be setting up for a bus on day 2, perhaps. Maybe this is all some contorted Mafia plan?
The problem with this isn't that you're claiming I'm scum. It's that your entire argument is that I'm
inept
scum. That's a rather astonishing claim, and it requires you to actually provide some sort of evidence, especially since anyone looking through my past games would come to a completely different conclusion. You're just throwing mud at the wall to see if it sticks.

I expect people to think I'm scum at some point. My sig is what it is for a reason. But if you're going to make the accusation, I expect you to back it up.
Seraphim wrote:Something rings false with me on this one. I just thought I'd point this out. Why is charter is a better lynch than Electra?
I have two good points on charter. On Electra, I have a sentence fragment I'm not entirely sure how to interpret yet, and overconfidence in SSK. (Incidentally, I think it would be a
very
good idea for her to explain why she thought SSK was trustworthy in this regard. I stand by the point that saying someone is town is different than saying they're scum, but that's a point about what SSK did, not Electra.) Now, if SSK comes up scum, my analysis will probably change.
Seraphim wrote:How the hell was I wishy-washy on her? I changed my bandwagon; isn't that what you did?
To a large extent, I think people don't have a clue what they're talking about when they say something is "wishy-washy". It is
not
about changing votes. It's about being unwilling to fully commit to a vote or other action. A wishy-washy voter tries to have it both ways, so they can go back and point to stuff that suggests either that they really thought the person lynched was scum or town, depending on what makes them look best. For example, you unvoted ooba, but you left the door open for going back that way if the tide turned. You also show yourself to be unsure about voting for Electra in that post I quoted above. That's the part that's scummy.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Yaw »

Also, since charter slipped his post in while I was typing, can we hold off on going after SSK for a couple of days? He's announced in all his other games that he's V/LA until Friday. There's absolutely no point to bandwagoning a player that's V/LA. When he gets back, we can bandwagon him. (Depending on what happens in the interim, I may very well be supporting that wagon. But it shouldn't be pursued until Friday.)
Success breeds suspicion
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Seraphim »

"Never, ever"

Sorry, more hyperbole. There are certainly some circumstances where I wouldn't oppose a claimed power-role lynch, but in most cases, I will.

Also, I'm not accusing you of anything. It's a possibility, certainly. If MafiaSSK flips scum, for instance, you'd look a lot worse, right? There is very little chance of it now, and I'm not going to pursue that road any further unless you feel the need to continue down it.
Well, part of the reason for how I introduced it was that it was getting late when I thought I connected the dots together, and wanted something in fast (as you noticed, the actual explanation was a bit lengthy). Another part is that the main reason I thought SocioPath was scum was that during the conversation we were having about special notes he was effectively claiming that he wasn't a townie. I didn't want to just throw that out there, because I was hoping to catch him lying on that point when he roleclaimed. A day later, I realized I had to give some info about that idea to get people to support a wagon, but up to that point I was rather hoping to get him to claim without giving him extra information to inform a claim. And since I didn't believe the claim, I saw no reason to back down.

I can accept this. I suppose you also took it as a scum cover-up when he said he was trying to get NKed?

And, once again, I'm not sure where I was being wishy-washy on Electra. The post you quoted in your 'above post' (I'm guessing you mean previous), how is that wishy-washy? If it was, it was certainly not intentional.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Also, yes, I will hold off on MafiaSSK until Friday.

Oh, yeah. That reminds me...I'll post this here first, and in my other games tomorrow. I will be V/LA from Friday/Saturday until...next Sunday, I believe. That's not to say I won't be here, but our musical is approaching, and I'm in the pit. Crazy long practices and shows to attend. I should still be able to post, but my access to the compy will be very, very limited.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Yaw »

Seraphim wrote:I suppose you also took it as a scum cover-up when he said he was trying to get NKed?
Not so much a cover-up as a lie to get out of a lynch. Trying to get nightkilled is sort of WIFOMy to begin with (even if you are town trying this, you're betting on scum taking the bait, which they may well choose not to do, so why bother?) It's also horrible strategy for town to do. If someone's town, they ought to be trying to contribute positively during the day. Trying to breadcrumb yourself into a nightkill only opens you up to having the town string you up for what are effectively lies. Besides, why join games to try to get nightkilled? So yeah, didn't believe him.
Seraphim wrote:And, once again, I'm not sure where I was being wishy-washy on Electra. The post you quoted in your 'above post' (I'm guessing you mean previous), how is that wishy-washy? If it was, it was certainly not intentional.
Ah, but it's the unintentional things that betray the most. Here's the quote again:
Seraphim wrote:I'm sorry, but given your past record,
I just think you may be scum
. First, you jump onto two bandwagons, and now you're asking for a no lynch?

My scum-dar is going nuts
Emphasis added. Those two bolded statements don't work together. The first one in particular shows a lack of confidence. Then the second one is very confident. Trying to have it both ways.
Success breeds suspicion
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Electra »

@ Yaw - My statement that there was some worth to SSK's meta had nothing to do with him as a person or player. It basically just had to do with the fact that he claimed to have useful meta so I thought it was worthwhile to look at it.

And I think Seraphim's "I just think you may be scum" is meant in a confident way- try rephrasing it to "I think you just may be scum", is what I believe he meant by it.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Yaw »

That rephrasing is still wishy-washy. :p

Have you played with SSK before, or read any games he's been in? Would you react similarly if anyone else in this game claimed to have meta information on another player?
Success breeds suspicion
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Electra »

Yaw wrote:That rephrasing is still wishy-washy. :p

Have you played with SSK before, or read any games he's been in? Would you react similarly if anyone else in this game claimed to have meta information on another player?
Nope. Probably, so long as they presented it in a similar way- SSK said it very confidently, and when asked about it initially gave specific games where his meta came from. Of course, when probed, it deteriorated, but generally I don't think people are as confident about meta as he was.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I hardly think that's wishy-washy. I could've said "I think you are most likely scum". It means around the same thing. I can tell you, I was(and am still) very confident about lynching Electra. However, I will lynch MafiaSSK if that is what is best for the town.

If that's your entire case for my lynch, I hope you can do better than that.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Yaw »

Looks like it's Friday and no other wagons are going anywhere. I already stated support, so...

Unvote
Vote: MafiaSSK
Success breeds suspicion
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Seraphim »

*pokes MafiaSSK* We're waiting...
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Give mafia some time, yes it's friday but a)it's the start of the weekend b)its halloween and c) things can come up
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Wait, what are the questions I have to answer?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Yaw »

1 -- You changed your role claim from townie to survivor.
2 -- You changed your opinion on the strength of your meta on charter multiple times.

These are the things to explain.
Success breeds suspicion
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Yaw wrote:1 -- You changed your role claim from townie to survivor.
2 -- You changed your opinion on the strength of your meta on charter multiple times.

These are the things to explain.
1- I thought townie would be a reliable claim but then I realized that mafia would kill me and I would not fulfill my win condition. Thus I cliamed my actual role as a Survivor.
2- It depended on how far we were in the game.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day Two Vote Count #2

3 MafiaSSK (Seraphim, charter, Yaw)
1 Seraphim (SensFan)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch! It will take
to lynch at deadline, which is November 10, 9:59 pm CDT.

Not Voting – 7 – Caboose, Electra, Empking, forbiddanlight, MafiaSSK, RandomGem, wolframnhart
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Yaw »

MafiaSSK wrote:2- It depended on how far we were in the game.
Which I could accept, if you weren't
always describing the same thing

For example:
MafiaSSK wrote:My meta on Charter says that he is scum.
MafiaSSK wrote:Fine. I don't have much meta on charter.
MafiaSSK wrote:It was early on in the game. I didnt think I had to have an extensive meta on him.
MafiaSSK wrote:I'm certain. That's just the way I word things.
First and last indicate certainty (based on two games you observed where charter was town, not scum -- so by your own admission you have no scum tells on him). Second and third indicate enough uncertainty that it wasn't worth even mentioning a meta reason for your vote at all. In none of these posts are you describing a changing opinion over time -- they're all referring to exactly the same event of you putting a vote on charter for meta reasons.
Success breeds suspicion
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by charter »

Can we get prods?

MafiaSSK hasn't done anything remotely protown, but has done plenty of scummy things, so I still want to lynch him.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Yaw wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:2- It depended on how far we were in the game.
Which I could accept, if you weren't
always describing the same thing
-omitted-

First and last indicate certainty (based on two games you observed where charter was town, not scum -- so by your own admission you have no scum tells on him). Second and third indicate enough uncertainty that it wasn't worth even mentioning a meta reason for your vote at all. In none of these posts are you describing a changing opinion over time -- they're all referring to exactly the same event of you putting a vote on charter for meta reasons.
I was talking about changes in certainty over the time/ The more in depth the game got the more I started to worry then I finally realized it'd be okay.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Caboose »

Seraphim wrote:
post 292 wrote:I'm a townie. simple as that.
post 415 wrote:Fine. I'll claim I'm a Survivor. I had basically given up on this game but I guess I shouldn't. Surior should be an easy enough win condition to fulfill
Despite this...despite MafiaSSK's scummy behavior...
post 329 wrote:Wait a second...something just clicked for me.

Unvote, Vote: SocioPath

I'm around 85% sure on this one. Just pull up all his posts and read.
post 331 wrote:What? That didn't make sense.

I'm around 85% sure SocioPath is scum. Bandwagon him.
What? You're trying to make it out like Yaw changed the bandwagon AFTER SSK claimed survivor? That's really misleading.
Electra wrote:Wow, you think SSK and Yaw are scumbuddies so you vote me? That makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, really.
charter wrote:Why are you bringing this up today? When it does absolutely no good? If you actually thought this, you should have brought it up yesterday.
Amen.
Seraphim wrote:I am merely proving a point(and unintentionally making a very strong case against MafiaSSK) that no one changed their vote after MafiaSSK claimed survivor. And I'm a little disturbed by that.
Why lynch a survivor when you could possibly lynch scum?
Seraphim wrote:So, I ask again: where did I claim that the people on the SP wagon were scummy?
Look at your own tone on this post:
Seraphim wrote:I'm kinda glad that ShadowGirl is dead. She would be working to keep certain people alive to win, which might incude scum.

After deep thinking...I didn't like the Sociopath lynch. After his roleclaim, I quickly backed off. I thought his roleclaim was solid and really have no idea why people continued to vote for him. The case against him was incredibly weak.

I'm still thinking about either voting for Electra or voting for Yaw(who, I believe, started that bandwagon), so...

I want everyone who was on that bandwagon at the end of the day, sans MafiaSSK(Yaw, Caboose, forbiddanlight, SensFan, Electra) to explain their reasoning on their vote on Sociopath.
By the looks of this post I think you were ready to jump on me, Yaw, Fl, Sens, or Electra.
Seraphim wrote:I implied that the SP lynch was, IMO, bad town play.
That's not how it came off to me.
SSK wrote:I was talking about changes in certainty over the time/ The more in depth the game got the more I started to worry then I finally realized it'd be okay.
:?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:26 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

forbiddanlight, Empking, and RandomGem have been prodded. If you want other prods, please specify.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Jeez, I really must be over extending myself. This is the third game I've semi forgotten in the past week or so :S. This is not reflecting well. Well, I did pick up my prod, let me take a look at what's happened recently.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Upon reread, I like an SSK lynch, so
Vote MafiaSSK
. Furthermore, I think the Seraphim is scummy and trying far too hard to paint a scumteam that just isn't really there. His actions also feel inconsistent, going after a Yaw/ SSK scumpair and then voting Electra because he "promised". This also feels like trying to look townie because he "keeps his word". Not sure what other conclusions to draw thus far.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”