Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 422, Prism wrote:I'm pretty ambivalent about a lot of the discussions.

Town
======
Enchant
VP Baltar
Aristeia
Dwlee99
skitter30
fireisred
Shuichi
Datisi
======
Scum
Being toptownread is somewhat uncomfortable, because i did nothing value yet.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 425, Enchant wrote:yet
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Enchant »

WHAT YOU MEAN BY THAT.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The anticipation is killing me!
YOUR AD HERE

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Prism »

It is literally just off the fake scumslip post. The bar is 10 ft under.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Vote Count 1.08

Page 8 of
Jerome's Journal: An Encyclopedia of Cryptids and Other Mythical Creatures

Skitter30 [2]:
VP Baltar, Dwlee99,
Dwlee99 [2]:
Fireisredsir, Shuichi Saihara
Datisi [1]:
Prism
VP Baltar [1]:
Skitter30

Not Voting [3]:
Enchant, Datisi, Aristeia

With
alive, it takes
to
fade

Day 1
ends in
(expired on 2022-04-22 20:00:00)
on
April 22nd

Mod Notes:
:P :roll:

Skitter30 is V/LA on Friday/Saturday.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

In post 335, Aristeia wrote:I do like what you've done with your hair.

It's very fashion foward.
You almost got a laugh, but not quite. Keep trying!
In post 353, Datisi wrote:so i decided to open one of the pages i didn't read earlier and i see THIS and i'm like
In post 303, skitter30 wrote:Oh dear, i'm doing this all wrong apparently >.<

Anyways can we talk about how scummy vpb is being and how stilted he sounds ^
okay i think i get what my subconsciousness was trying to tell me

skitt's fight with baltar *really* reminds me of the fight she and i had very early on in the recently finished large normal where she wanted to pick a fight with me early but it's wasn't going exactly right so she kept being like "but guys look how scummy is datisi being look!!!" and like

this is very very much reminding me of that
This post read genuine to me. The rest of Datisi's posts didn't make me think anything in particular.
In post 409, VP Baltar wrote: Prism raised a good point that skitter was kind of sidelining in the Prism/Ari fight and not giving much of an opinion. I repeated this and skitter accused me of not taking much of a position (when I clearly stated early on that I think Ari looks better out of it).
Pot to kettle. Yes, you gave an opinion, but you were still very much happy on the sidelines. As I've alluded to previously, you haven't seemed inclined to get your hands dirty with much of anything.

skitter isn't screaming town to me like she has done in some past games, but granted, I was scum in all of those games and didn't actually have to read her.
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:07 am

In post 422, Prism wrote:I'm pretty ambivalent about a lot of the discussions.

Town
======
Enchant
VP Baltar
Aristeia
Dwlee99
skitter30
fireisred
Shuichi
Datisi
======
Scum

Between VP Baltar and skitter30 I'd vote skitter. His posts are about catching awkwardness/uncomfortable tone and posturing. He found skitter's content overwrought and her reaction to votes stilted. He's not town to me but I don't see this as scummy. I still find skitter's posturing around me/Aristeia questionable and disagree with Aristeia that she'd more explicitly jump into the fray as scum.

Bottom three can really go in any order. Datisi goes at the bottom because their catchup struck me as very arbitrary in trying to push. 341 on skitter and the followup about it was awful imo. The page 1 "I don't get this" when they just thought another possibility was questionable. 353 was okay.

fireisredsir and Shuichi like, exist. Shuichi definitely exists. fireisredsir has made some points that I look at and just go "OK". Dwlee I think is fine, but am used to much more passive play (Slaughter Hour, D&C) so maybe scum shrug.
What have you found town-indicative from Dwlee?
"Some lies can lead the world to hope... Some truths can lead the world to despair... So I don't think anyone can really say which is more right in the end."
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Prism »

This is about it
In post 136, Prism wrote:I thought 54 was +town for Dwlee. Eagerly and visibly flagging yourself walking right back into the same pitfall is not the most obvious scumplay to see.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 am

Post by Prism »

Backstory is they most recently watched me club the town seals into submission, bludgeoning out townreads with pure tone for like 3 weeks straight in D&C. The claim provides some non-tonal reason.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:18 am

All of your townreads are strange and underwhelming :(
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Prism »

Maybe you should explain why.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Prism »

Don't disagree on point 2, point 1 am all ears.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:29 am

I found your VP Baltar townread strange because your comments on him in that post seem to indicate a null read. I have to assume it is in fact a townread since I asked why you townread Dwlee and you provided an answer, so you must townread everyone above them as well.

You spent most of today voting Aristeia so that's obviously a strange move.

Having Enchant as a top townread at this point strikes me as pretty silly. Maybe even intentionally silly. I thought you were supposed to be good at this game and I struggle to believe there's nothing as AI as that in these pages.

The Dwlee townread is strange to me because even the reason you gave seems pretty easy to fake. And I think they're scum at the moment so that's a factor.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 431, Shuichi Saihara wrote:Pot to kettle. Yes, you gave an opinion, but you were still very much happy on the sidelines. As I've alluded to previously, you haven't seemed inclined to get your hands dirty with much of anything.
This is a
bad
take.

How am I not "getting my hands dirty"? Or rather, what do you think I should be getting my hands dirty with more/have not commented on?
YOUR AD HERE

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Prism »

I think the Baltar placement criticism is valid. I always try to rank on a line as an exercise, but I often just throw names up and shrug. Here I was inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt w/r/t the consistentcy I'd pieced together in his interactions with skitter, but rationally don't think it's the strongest and the discussion w/r/t voting skitter over him and hedging was the result.

If you really want me to walk through my entire progression with Aristeia I can but I think that it shouldn't be a surprise given my posts this morning.

No real comment on the Enchant/Dwlee ones. I'm also not satisfied with my reads this game and can buy you an ice cream after the game if you're disappointed in my play.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:48 am

In post 439, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 431, Shuichi Saihara wrote:Pot to kettle. Yes, you gave an opinion, but you were still very much happy on the sidelines. As I've alluded to previously, you haven't seemed inclined to get your hands dirty with much of anything.
This is a
bad
take.

How am I not "getting my hands dirty"? Or rather, what do you think I should be getting my hands dirty with more/have not commented on?
Stuff, in general!

Like I said earlier, I think you've been doing mainly passive sniping on subjects other than skitter, though she gets some of the "just throwing shade" posts as well like , which I also notice now is just a bad post in general for moving the goalposts.

Like, you said "I'm team Ari" and then didn't post about the subject anymore even though it was the main event. You could've supported Ari, for example.

Another example, you threw out a townread on Dwlee with no commentary. They're currently copping votes, so it would make sense to get in the trenches a little and explain that read.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:48 am

In post 440, Prism wrote:If you really want me to walk through my entire progression with Aristeia I can but I think that it shouldn't be a surprise given my posts this morning.
Honestly no I would greatly prefer we collectively move on from that.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Prism »

Tracking through, you seem to agree with fireisred's 213, and Dwlee's on us not really evolving much.

I sat on this post (213) for a bit earlier this morning without really understanding or wanting to track through it. Doing so now, I think I understand it, and think the process described is exactly what happened. I'm not really sure it's AI for Dwlee, who works a lot off of spitball impressions and only factchecking them when needed, but maybe it is!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

@vpb: you commented on my apparent lack of commentary on ari/prism in , and this is what you argued:
In post 309, VP Baltar wrote:Also, my questions are on fucking point. As opposed to you, who provided zero commentary on the main event of the game so far (ari/prism)Prism, and just omgused me on basically the same thing I called you out about.
And in 409 you literally quote two differnet posts where i discuss it prior to that point, so that is not an accurate claim in the slightest. You're also ignoring posts: , , , , , all of which contain commentary on their argument, and quite lot of which is before prism poked me.

You arguing that i have no commentary on the argument is somewhere on the sliding scale of ignorance, willful ignorance, and outright misrepresenration, and i'm leaning towards the latter given the tone/vibe of 409.

Also after me pointing out that i actually do have content on this topic, and that your original claim is incorrect, you changed your argument to me not having content about it *until prism poked me about it*, which is not what you were originally dinging me for, i will note as well. I guess you think this is an easier argument for you to win tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 443, Prism wrote:Tracking through, you seem to agree with fireisred's 213, and Dwlee's on us not really evolving much.

I sat on this post (213) for a bit earlier this morning without really understanding or wanting to track through it. Doing so now, I think I understand it, and think the process described is exactly what happened. I'm not really sure it's AI for Dwlee, who works a lot off of spitball impressions and only factchecking them when needed, but maybe it is!
Yea, as I said, that is basically what happened but it isn't cause it's fake it's cause I was just grabbing stuff to showcase what I had already known but not noted specific instances of
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 267, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 213, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 203, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 34, VP Baltar wrote:Zero points for claiming ascetic. that's basic moves.
I could just pick this post instead idk I'm right about what I said
its the fact that you said it and the example you gave doesn't support it. that makes me think you just pulled up his iso and grabbed a post that you thought supported your argument to add to your evidence pile. but if it was a genuine read then there was some actual post out there that informed that read, and you would have found that one instead
It does support it and I already knew I was right so I just grabbed the first post from each player's iso that was showing they were playing the game cause skitter was acting like no one was at that point which was not my impression at all when I read. I didn't read the thread marking down posts like "yea this one was doing stuff" I just knew people did and had to go find it
^^^
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

my only completed games with dwlee are with town dwlee so i don't have a great feel for what is AI for them, but my impression from their town games is that there are specific things that stand out strongly to them and inform their reads

but i can see a world where they do that as town too

none of my reads are terribly strong at the moment tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 418, VP Baltar wrote:You keep bringing this up, why?
Me, ceph, and fire all made similar criticisms of your posts so far. You're only scumreading me for it, however. To me, rhat implies that your read on me isnt real, because if you were inherently concerned with my line of questioning, you would be asking fire/ceph about *their* line of questio ning as well, bur you're not. You're all but ignoring their pushes on you
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I feel like Skitter is probably logically correct in some way but is still scum but idk if that's ridiculous of me or not

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”