Mini 690 - Grimmmafia (Game over, the flavor returns...)

Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Biohazard »

Porkens wrote:If he didn't claim that part of his RP, he wouldn't be such a useful tool for scum, whether he's town or not.
Explain why you find that he be a "useful tool for scum"

Mod edit
Official Votecount:
Gorrad (4): CoheedCambria09, wolframnhart, SpyreX, Porkens
Porkens (4): sirdanilot, kloud1516, Biohazard, fleurdelys

Not voting (2): Plum, Gorrad, dahill1

With 11 alive it's 6 to lynch.
Hazardous Chemicals Likely
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm fine with hearing more, it'd probably be benefitial. But I'm pretty confident in his scummyness just from his META defenses earlier and his spotty role-claim. So yeah, I'd be just as happy with a lynch now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

Biohazard wrote:
Porkens wrote:If he didn't claim that part of his RP, he wouldn't be such a useful tool for scum, whether he's town or not.
I'll let them figure it out for themselves :wink:
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Biohazard »

Porkens wrote:I'm fine with hearing more, it'd probably be benefitial. But I'm pretty confident in his scummyness just from his META defenses earlier and his spotty role-claim. So yeah, I'd be just as happy with a lynch now.
Your missing the point. Your rushing a lynch without intake from the actual player. Going on your own and doing reckless things is getting old and it's not doing any good for the town.

Also
Biohazard wrote:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Porkens »

Biohazard wrote:Your missing the point. Your rushing a lynch without intake from the actual player. Going on your own and doing reckless things is getting old and it's not doing any good for the town.
Why didn't you say anything about SpyreX's vote then?

I don't think I'm being reckless. I think I'm right.
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Biohazard »

Porkens wrote:
Biohazard wrote:Your missing the point. Your rushing a lynch without intake from the actual player. Going on your own and doing reckless things is getting old and it's not doing any good for the town.
Why didn't you say anything about SpyreX's vote then?

I don't think I'm being reckless. I think I'm right.
You put him at lynch -1 with basically I agree with Sprye X post and adressed three points in your vote. That's it. Your logic in thinking that your right doesn't provide a good reason for your vote. There is a contrast between "Having enough evidence to come to a conclusion and verify with another person(s)" to "Having enough evidence and accepting it with full knowledge" You don't think that putting someone at Lynch -1 isn't reckless with the addition of not waiting for the player to comment. It is reckless with the fact that there could of been a rushed lynch and no more information can be obtained (mission claim)
Porkens wrote:
Biohazard wrote:
I'll let them figure it out for themselves :wink:
Really. You stated this as your main reasons for voting him but yet your not even sure of how scum are going to use him. Real nice Porkens.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

We're starting to stammer,
ohh I wish we had hammered.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Porkens »

Biohazard wrote:Really. You stated this as your main reasons for voting him but yet your not even sure of how scum are going to use him. Real nice Porkens.
I have a pretty good idea how
I
would use him. If you can't I suggest you think about it a little more.

Anyway, this is a blatant twisting of what I said.

Thanks too for that little slap in the nuts at the end, real polite.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Being abrasive,
is not evasive.

I'm pretty certain,
Porkens is no dark curtain.
Show

Proud member of BaM
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by dahill1 »

SpyreX wrote:Being abrasive,
is not evasive.

I'm pretty certain,
Porkens is no dark curtain.
what do you think about the other parts of his case besides being abrasive?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Will wonders never cease?
I've said my piece.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Biohazard »

Porkens wrote:
Biohazard wrote:Really. You stated this as your main reasons for voting him but yet your not even sure of how scum are going to use him. Real nice Porkens.
I have a pretty good idea how
I
would use him. If you can't I suggest you think about it a little more.

Anyway, this is a blatant twisting of what I said.

Thanks too for that little slap in the nuts at the end, real polite.
I'm not trying to insult you Porkens and I apologize for sounding rude. I misinterprented on what you meant on "How he would be a some kind of tool for scum" I had orginally thought that you had no thoughts on how the scum would do that but I see I have misunderstood your post. However I stand by with my oringal arguement on you on being far too reckless with pushing the gorrad lynch and your WIFOM arguements.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I am the vig!
Look at my sig!
Show

Proud member of BaM
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Gorrad »

If I miss any questions, let me know.

Porkens is scum if SpyreX is because of the total willingness to fulfill the mission. I doubt that scum have such an easily fulfillable mission, but if they do then that would explain not only the speed at which it was done, but also how he knew it was Rumplestiltzken. I know I didn't get that from just rhymes.

The, as y'all so roughly put it, mass claim is a good idea because, frankly, I'm starting to doubt SpyreX's role. So far we've had 'The Narrator', 'The Prince', and 'Rumplestiltzken'. Which of these stands out to you? I don't think anything is lost if we claim whether we're a specific or an archeotype, and I'm suspicious enough (especially given the reaction to my claim) that I'd like this tested. I'd be fairly unsurprised at this point if he and Porkens have staged this whole thing.

As far as I know, I don't have the ability to alter the way in which the deaths are reported (Killed by...), just the flavor surrounding them.

My mission is to entertain y'all. If I get three compliments on a piece of flavor, it's fulfilled.

I claimed the no-reveal part of my role completely knowing the consequences, and trust me, I know what I'm doing.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If I die, there's not only no flavor, but allignments/roles aren't revealed on death, meaning the town don't know who they've killed and the scum don't know which town power roles they've offed. Please note the twilight rules in the first post. After lynch and after night choices are in, I'm sent who died and I write the flavor.
As far as I know, I don't have the ability to alter the way in which the deaths are reported (Killed by...), just the flavor surrounding them.
Unless I'm a dip,
the roles in the flip.

Thus the fear tactic,
is just being spastic.
The, as y'all so roughly put it, mass claim is a good idea because, frankly, I'm starting to doubt SpyreX's role. So far we've had 'The Narrator', 'The Prince', and 'Rumplestiltzken'. Which of these stands out to you? I don't think anything is lost if we claim whether we're a specific or an archeotype, and I'm suspicious enough (especially given the reaction to my claim) that I'd like this tested. I'd be fairly unsurprised at this point if he and Porkens have staged this whole thing.
A massclaim doesn't answer,
this particular cancer.

But even if I bite,
the comparison is trite.

The "prince" still does play,
whereas the narrator would say.

I've sung my hymn,
about that being Grimm.

I still find it alarming,
that she wasn't Prince Charming.
I know I didn't get that from just rhymes.
About every other player in the damn game wrote:Well if Spyrex is the person i believe he is, then we have to say his name correctly. In the story the queen got three tries i believe, and I am not sure about helping someone who was a villain in a story.. hmmm

My thoughts exactly.

i think it's pretty obvious to everyone what Spyre's mission is, but i don't think we should say it right away. instead, let's just play normally and then if we believe spyre is pro-town we can say it.

Indeed it does; plum definitely rhymes with scum. Also, I think that dahill's idea would be the best move at the moment, as with such little information at the moment delving into his mission does not sit well with me. My gut tells me that we should wait until a later time to test any possible mission that might be presented to us, as we have nothing at this point that would be indicative of a player's alignment--which could prove to have detrimental ramifications later on down the road.

Intersting posts by SpyreX. I agree with not allowing to indulge in SpryeX's motives and complete his misson as I have not fully accepted him as protown. (obviously Rolling Eyes ) However I'm speculating that his post restriction and role (I can only speculate along with everybody else that his role is ____ unless he is pulling some kind of weird gambit) could possibly be anti-town (I am not fully assuming this) Because as I remember in the tale the man,______, had tooken away the women's child and ran off with it. However it can be debated that it wasn't fully an act of evil because he only took the child as a exchange because he had helped the women spin the thread in the dungeon.
I think it is easy,
to call your claim cheesy.

Your rule of thumb
is Specific = Scum.

I'll sing my song,
saying this is wrong.

However your role,
does bring a toll.

I think that the sayer,
doesn't count as a player.

Your play has no luster,
hence I'm a ball-buster.

Saying confirmed,
makes you sound like a worm.

So for many reasons,
its the right season.

Look at what he said,
and then use your head.

No reason to worry,
when he can't scurry.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

mod wrote:-
Pie is good:
In this game (actually in all my theme games) the scum have safeclaims. Therefore, massclaiming is allowed but not recommended for town.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Post by sirdanilot »

I think we can all agree now that Porkens is scum? He admitted a lot of those scum tells, and he tried to defend himself against the others with craplogic that I debunked. Sorry if this looks like parroting, but yeah, him pushing for a hammer like that is pretty opportunistic so I'm going to add it to the list.

Porkens:
1. He was joking around, until he saw a fleur bandwagon growing and decided to hop onto it without any reason.
2. He immediately hopped off after fleur claimed, later said that he somehow 'knew' that fleur had to find someone and also assumed it was a pro-town role.
3. He fulfilled spyrex' role without consulting the town.
4. He pointlessly voted dahill 'to see his reactions'.
5. He admits to be actively lurking.
6. Thinks that fleur not knowing the exact quote tag conventions is a scum tell.
7. Attempts to debunk point 1 with a classic crap logic argument (specifically, a 'too-scummy' argument). Attempts to pull his attacker into his cesspool of WIFOM.
8. OMGUS votes me, the vote is based on bad logic.
9. Opportunistically pushes for a Gorrad hammer.
10. Basically admits most of the above points, by saying 'yeah that could be interpreted as a scum tell' and 'yeah I did that'.

That said, I hope that's the last time I am going to have to copy paste that list. SpyreX, I have read your reply to the Gorrad case. I do not agree with your logic regarding point 7, but I'm now going to stop pushing you for a reply on the Porkens case. I am glad that you took the time and trouble to reply to it with your rhyming PR.
SpyreX wrote:Will wonders never cease?
I've said my piece.
SpyreX wrote:I am the vig!
Look at my sig!
What are you trying to say? Are these some kind of obscure breadcrumbs for something later on?

And Gorrad, I am still almost completely sure that you are not town, but a third party role. I'd love to comment further, but I have to go right now!
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Gorrad »

I just double checked my PM, and it says (I'm going to try to avoid quoting here) that the mod is going to send me what needs to be in the flavor, and I go from there. I'm taking that to mean that he sends me 'Player one- Killed by moose d9' or the like, and I just create the buildup.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:02 am

Post by Gorrad »

Sorry for the double, but Sirdanilot, what third party could I possibly fit?
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:38 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Gorrad wrote:Sorry for the double, but Sirdanilot, what third party could I possibly fit?
Yourself, much like a serial killer, but you probably do not have the ability to kill, instead you have the role that you described (or something resembling that).

I think you understand why I think you are third party and not town aligned? Or at least, if you have the role that you claimed, and that isn't completely certain, Porkens actually brought up a good point with the 'pie-is-good'.
fleurdelys
fleurdelys
Goon
fleurdelys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:02 am

Post by fleurdelys »

Should we mass claimed our role statuses then?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Porkens »

Fleur, what is wrong with what you just asked?

unvote

vote: Fleurdelys

Until you come up with the right answer.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Gorrad »

I understand, Sirdanilot, and it doesn't matter to me if you think I'm third party or town, provided I live and you realise that I'm working to help the town.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:53 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Gorrad wrote:I understand, Sirdanilot, and it doesn't matter to me if you think I'm third party or town, provided I live and you realise that I'm working to help the town.
Thing is, I can't be sure if you're trying to help the town, because you simply aren't town, so you don't have the same objective as town and who knows if at some point you decide to work with the scum? We can't know for sure! It's a risk to lynch you, but maybe we should be taking that risk over the risk of letting you live and possibly harm us later on. I'm not completely sure about that yet. And let's not forget the risk that you are using a safe claim.

As for Porkens' recent fleur vote, I'm not going to interfere in that, let's see what both of them are actually trying to say.
Biohazard
Biohazard
Townie
Biohazard
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Biohazard »

sirdanilot wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I understand, Sirdanilot, and it doesn't matter to me if you think I'm third party or town, provided I live and you realise that I'm working to help the town.
Thing is, I can't be sure if you're trying to help the town, because you simply aren't town, so you don't have the same objective as town and who knows if at some point you decide to work with the scum? We can't know for sure! It's a risk to lynch you, but maybe we should be taking that risk over the risk of letting you live and possibly harm us later on. I'm not completely sure about that yet. And let's not forget the risk that you are using a safe claim.

As for Porkens' recent fleur vote, I'm not going to interfere in that, let's see what both of them are actually trying to say.
Fos:Sirdanilot
Your statement on how "he might decide to work with scum as a third party member" strikes me as odd and I think it may be stretching it to far. However I agree with you on your other statements and I myself am not sure either.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”