Mini 679 - BSG: The Basestar (Game Over!)

Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Sorry guys, been busy. I'm about half way through my re read, post coming later today.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Grimmy »

RL deadlines have kept me from spending too much time on this site, hence the quick replies in some games, but no long detailed post for this one. Hoping for tomorrow, but may have to wait until monday

One Out of Game question though

How does the Flask being two players thing work?
do they talk to each other before they post (like a mason ability) but only speak with one account? or will we be seeing a power struggle between them if they disagree about someone?

Grimmy
also has voices in his head, but they tend to agree usually. provided I shut them up with chocolate first
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Ok, re-read is done.

Tar is my top scum, mostly because of his post 291 (Page 12), where he jumps on Elmo and suggests the policy lynch, REGARDLESS OF ALIGNMENT. As has been suggested, Elmo's behaviour seemed like a null to me, designed to inflame, but not necessarily scummy.

Vote: Tarhalindur

But this mystery needs to be solved first:
Tarhalindur, post 45, Page 2 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I have a destiny.

Speaking of that... testing, testing, one two three...

Unvote, Vote: ChannelDelibird
Unvote, Vote: Timeater
Unvote, Vote: Rishi
Unvote, Vote: Farkshinsoup
Unvote, Vote: Awesome Pants
Unvote, Vote: iamausername
Unvote, Vote: Tarhalindur
Unvote, Vote: Elmo
Unvote, Vote: andersonw
Unvote, Vote: MacavityLock
Unvote, Vote: Grimmy
Unvote, Vote: KingEnigma
Unvote
Tarhalindur, post 207, Page 9 wrote:Pardon me, I should probably do this now. Part 1:

Unvote, Vote: KingEnigma
Tarhalindur, post 208 wrote:Part 2:
Unvote, Vote: Timeater

There. What's done is done.
What is the deal with this Tar? Is this some role requirement?
Is this something that you are not allowed to discuss?

Or is this a red herring? (This one is directed at everyone else) I guess I'd like to see some kind of role claim from Tar sooner than later so that if we need to go elsewhere for our lynch we have some time to do it. Any thoughts?

Fos: Forbiddenlight
Mostly, for this:
Forbiddenlight, post 259, Page 11 wrote:Look, I think timeater is the lynch whether he's active or not.
At the time, I was checking on Tim's status on the boards and could see that he'd dropped off. I was fairly certain that the mod, if requested by us, would replace him and extend the deadline. But Forbidden seemed to be exhorting us to get on with the lynch no matter what. I would vote her as a 2nd choice.

I'm getting kind of a bad feeling from Rishi:
Rishi wrote:
Farkshinsoup wrote:
Rishi wrote:I didn't think anything in particular would jump out at me during a re-read, but there's this here:
Farkshinsoup wrote:KingEnigma, you seem reluctant to random vote.
You know, I probably wouldn’t have even noticed that KE didn’t random vote if Fark didn’t point it out. Then, after things got stirred up, he immediately withdrew his suspicion. Then, later, Fark jumps on people for criticizing KE’s “play style," when he really started it.
My original statement was pretty neutral. I usually try to choose my words pretty carefully. Notice I did not say, "I find it suspicious that you are not random voting." or "I find it scummy that you are not random voting." It was early in the game, and I was trying to generate discussion by pointing out something I had noticed. So there was no suspicion to withdraw, and I never criticized his play style in the first place.

This is really what stood out to you on your re-read? I'd like you, and others, to weigh in on Timeater's arguments for my scumminess: Good, bad, or ugly?
I think Tim's arguments are good. I didn't feel the need to repeat them.

And, yes, it did jump out on me. It seems like a neutral statement, but the fact is that you were the catalyst to the whole conversation about KE. It's funny that you raised an issue, which raised suspicion on both people who participated in the argument (KE and Elmo) and you seemed to slip away unnoticed. I'm claiming that you're an instigator.
This post sticks in my craw (and not just because he had just voted me). Many players have acknowledged that Tim made some crappy arguments, it's why I went after him so hard (and made a few of my own crappy arguments - that's how I roll, yo!). But Rishi, who's a pretty sharp player, upon rereading, has no problem with them. To boot, the thing that sticks out to him is this observation I made about KE and his reluctance to random vote. And to top it off, at that point I had clearly been pretty active and aggressive, yet he accuses me of instigating and slipping away unnoticed.

Rishi has also called me out for lurking after the "heat" shifted from me. Huh, What? Much more lurky players than me. It seems like he's trying hard to make a case against me wherever he can with some pretty flimsy accusations.

Not sure what to make of it. I'll probably look closer on Day 2, but I wanted to put that out there today, just in case.
FoS Rishi

In other news, as I've said before I do believe that scum will have a vested interest in seeing a deadline pass with no-lynch, so let's see where we stand so that doesn't happen.

Question to everyone: Who would you be willing to lynch today?
Some of you have already answered, I know.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

iamausername (2)
- andersonw, Awesome Pants
KingEnigma (1)
- iamausername
Farkshinsoup (2)
- Rishi, KingEnigma
Tarhalindur (3)
- Flask of Pestilence, Elmo, Farkshinsoup
Elmo (1)
- forbiddanlight

Not voting (3) - Grimmy, MacavityLock, Tarhalindur

Seven
votes to lynch.

The
deadline
is about four days away.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Flask of Pestilence »

Grimmy, in 351, wrote:How does the Flask being two players thing work?
do they talk to each other before they post (like a mason ability) but only speak with one account? or will we be seeing a power struggle between them if they disagree about someone?
Patrick and I each read the game on our own and took down our own notes. After we finished our reads, we brought our notes together to see what our conclusions were. Our top three suspects (forbiddanlight, Tarhalindur, and MacavityLock) were exactly the same only in different orders. We then began posting.

From that point on, we've been discussing the game together to see how we still feel about things as they arise. So no, I don't think you'll see a power struggle lol.

I should note that while my top three still remains the same, I feel myself shifting MacLock down a bit from my (Incog's) number one spot. That's all for now. Eagerly awaiting content from the people who owe us posts~

- Incog.
[ooc][color=black]Don't let the cute, cuddly avatar deceive you.[/color][/ooc]
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

:oops:

I should really check the rules before I mouth off.
rules wrote:10. At deadline, the player with the most votes (marked with a asterisk) will be lynched. In the event of a draw, the player who had the most votes before being tied will be lynched.
I've been operating under the assumption that we needed a majority to lynch at deadline. (I assumed this back before the first deadline got changed, as well) My bad.
I'm aware that my current vote on Tar is the one that would lynch him if nothing changes. I'm okay with that. I do still think that it would be better to get votes from everybody before the deadline.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Elmo »

So like from memory: andersonw, Awesome Pants, iamausername, Rishi, KingEnigma all have yet to justify their votes. Quite possibly I am forgetting stuff (Iam?) but the mind kind of boggles at the first two.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

Nah, I justified mine.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Yeah, how in the hell is iamausername tied with me for second place?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

At the time, I was checking on Tim's status on the boards and could see that he'd dropped off. I was fairly certain that the mod, if requested by us, would replace him and extend the deadline. But Forbidden seemed to be exhorting us to get on with the lynch no matter what. I would vote her as a 2nd choice.
Problem with that is I didn't check his activity. I actually figured he was active lurking because he didn't want to deal with everything levied at him.

certainly nothing that I think compares to the evidence against Tar/FB.
What evidence? The BS case about how we jumped on Elmo? yeah..right.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:42 pm

forbiddanlight wrote:What evidence? The BS case about how we jumped on Elmo? yeah..right.
Fortunately your approval of the case isn't required for us to lynch you.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:22 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Problem with that is I didn't check his activity. I actually figured he was active lurking because he didn't want to deal with everything levied at him.
Here's what I said in post 252, near the top of page 11:
Farkshinsoup wrote:Timeater has not posted anywhere, and he's in another active game where his last post was prior to his last post here. I don't think he's lurking, he most likely has RL issues.
A little further down the page, in post 259 (posted about 1 hour after mine), you said this:
Forbiddenlight wrote:Look, I think timeater is the lynch whether he's active or not. I honestly think it would not be conducive to try to switch bandwagons with only four days left. I'm also pretty sure that tim is scum.
You didn't have to check his activity levels, because I mentioned it in thread. Since we were all discussing whether to lynch Tim in his absence, and you clearly engaged in that debate, it seems strange that you would now claim that you didn't have any knowledge of his activity levels on the board.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Fortunately your approval of the case isn't required for us to lynch you.
The town's is. And if they lynched me based on such a weak case, I'm going to have to say town deserves to lose. No offense.

You didn't have to check his activity levels, because I mentioned it in thread. Since we were all discussing whether to lynch Tim in his absence, and you clearly engaged in that debate, it seems strange that you would now claim that you didn't have any knowledge of his activity levels on the board.
Just because I participate in a debate doesn't mean I pay attention, odd as that sounds.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

forbiddanlight wrote:Just because I participate in a debate doesn't mean I pay attention, odd as that sounds.
So, to be clear, you never read my post 252 and had no knowledge that Tim hadn't posted anywhere on the site?

(Also, have to agree with Rishi, could you please post the name of the person quoting when you quote? I noticed when I went back and did my reread that it was difficult keeping things straight in your posts, especially when you quote multiple sources in the same post :) )
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Timeater »

Hi all, sorry I kinda vanished on you (my sister was supposed to handle all my emails and stuff like this...-_-...). I've been hospitalized for the past two weeks. Food poisoning... blood transfusions and dialysis = not fun. go town!
watch for the eggshells
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, to be clear, you never read my post 252 and had no knowledge that Tim hadn't posted anywhere on the site?
Pretty much.
Hi all, sorry I kinda vanished on you (my sister was supposed to handle all my emails and stuff like this...-_-...). I've been hospitalized for the past two weeks. Food poisoning... blood transfusions and dialysis = not fun. go town!
I'm not sure how to react to this. But I do feel sorry for you tim...I hope you feel better. It could be WIFOM, but I'm actually leaning a little bit more townie on Flask :S.
-StrangerCoug

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Timeater wrote:Hi all, sorry I kinda vanished on you (my sister was supposed to handle all my emails and stuff like this...-_-...). I've been hospitalized for the past two weeks. Food poisoning... blood transfusions and dialysis = not fun. go town!
Yeah, I'm not particularly sure how to take this. I was kind of gearing up to make a case on FoP, but now I'm not so sure.

That said, I hope you get better Timeater.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:44 pm

So because he said "go town!" at the end of his post, you guys are both trying to say this makes you think he's (I'm) more likely to be town?

@forbiddanlight
in particular: I'm pretty sure my hammer gambit that I pulled in WOMAFIA on Lord Gurgi is relatively comparable to this, and you didn't use that as a reason to pull away from your LG "suspicions". You look like you're just begging for reasons to not have to make a contrived case against us.

- Incog
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

@forbiddanlight in particular: I'm pretty sure my hammer gambit that I pulled in WOMAFIA on Lord Gurgi is relatively comparable to this, and you didn't use that as a reason to pull away from your LG "suspicions". You look like you're just begging for reasons to not have to make a contrived case against us.
Nice try. I was scum there and I wanted that LG lynch. I'm just not really sure about much anymore in this game and my focus is elsewhere.
-StrangerCoug

Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:48 pm

So when do you plan on focusing here? Our deadline's not on New Year's Day, ya know.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:So because he said "go town!" at the end of his post, you guys are both trying to say this makes you think he's (I'm) more likely to be town?
I've never seen anything like that happen in games I've read before, and just don't know how to react.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So when do you plan on focusing here? Our deadline's not on New Year's Day, ya know.
I'm focusing on elmo, and am about to do other things for the night. So, essentially, this means that another day dies without me able to do anything. It MIGHT be possible I have time to do something before deadline, but as I said earlier, it's unlikely given how busy I've been. Part of the problem is I have to do a lot in other games too. Another part is that I have a lot of rl stuff to do. It's not looking good for today (game), but tomorrow (game), should be a lot better for me to get real good stuff going on people.
-StrangerCoug

Flask of Pestilence
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Flask of Pestilence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:55 pm

MacavityLock wrote:
Flask of Pestilence wrote:So because he said "go town!" at the end of his post, you guys are both trying to say this makes you think he's (I'm) more likely to be town?
I've never seen anything like that happen in games I've read before, and just don't know how to react.
NG 581 - Snailman-scum pulled a "go town!" type of thing as scum in that game and because I genuinely felt like he was scum in that game, I never really backed my suspicions down off of him (he remained my top suspect number 2). I'm not saying Timeater was lying here but if you both truly had genuine suspicions about me, I really don't think you would just back off that easily because of that one post.

- Incog.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Flask of Pestilence wrote:NG 581 - Snailman-scum pulled a "go town!" type of thing as scum in that game and because I genuinely felt like he was scum in that game, I never really backed my suspicions down off of him (he remained my top suspect number 2). I'm not saying Timeater was lying here but if you both truly had genuine suspicions about me, I really don't think you would just back off that easily because of that one post.

- Incog.
Fair enough. Let me take a look at your game. But I probably should treat it as if he never said anything.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Elmo »

My (latest) problem is more that you can make posts the length of 343 to defend yourself but refuse to clarify your case on anyone, even with so much as a sentence. I still have only a fuzzy idea of why you originally suspected Timeater. I don't think you've attempted to say why you suspect me other than "you were scummy". Actually, I strongly feel that if you were town, you'd have left your vote on me, most likely said you were too busy to make a full case but said a sentence or two about your suspicions. The reason you haven't is simply that you don't have anything else you can throw at me, and going over the laziness merely reinforces how ridiculous your stance is.

The pattern seems obvious to me. You jumped onto the leading wagon, Timeater, for reasons that are either very weak or unclear to me, you jumped onto me for reasons I consider scummy and opportunistic, and then you jumped to KingEnigma for no stated reason. You've been on the perceived EasyWagon all game, only moving back to me when you were called out for the move to KE.

You still have not given a single reason other than being lazy for voting me, despite saying that you had lots. Have you explained why you voted KingEnigma, yet?

Get well soon, Timeater. :(
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”