Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:45 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

this is the normal queue so obviously he cant make ridiculous claims duuuuh
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:46 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's never stopped me
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:03 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1104, KittyTacky wrote:The power was out in my house for most of the IRL day, sorry for lurking!
In post 846, MalcolmTucker wrote:I find the current vote tally on Scorpious quite interesting - as has been noted we're nearing elimination and he's generally had the biggest vote tally throughout the game but nobody actually appears to be pushing him or trying to solidify that block as such. Why not, if they want him out?
I really hate Scorp's reactions to me. That's my main reason to SR him.
This makes total sense,but you are taking a very self centered view of me...

let's make it clear, you think I'm scum because I thought you over-reacted to a push. correct?
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:16 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1107, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 856, angela wrote:i am pretty willing to give geraintm a day one pass here even though it is very frustrating to me as well just don’t really think it makes geraintm super likely mafia
Yeah, ger reads to me more like a weird townie proposing weird plays than a scum trying to push something that will hurt town.
You mean, by constantly bringing up how much they hate D1, and floating a no lim scenario?

These are weird townie things?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:23 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1106, geraintm wrote:honestly, don't know. i normally sit there day 2 and look at the wagons that formed and who was on which ones. i normally have some idea that some wagons are obviously on town players, and anyone joining them for crappy reasoning get naughty points. that combined with whatever info players bring to the table day 2 are what i go on.
im not going to waste the time doing that now though
you realize you can do this ,in real time, on D1.. right?

This post almost gives me the impression you're setting the table to not do much in D2 either..

You are either scum or a Town Pr looking to not get nk'd. I can't decide right now.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:26 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1116, KittyTacky wrote:Guess what? My power cut out again!
In post 972, Scorpious wrote:
In post 534, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 369, Scorpious wrote:I'm fairly confident that within a few posts Kitty will vote me..
Correct. How is my post an overreaction? It's not like I flipped out, I just snarked at gera. This and your other posts regarding me read like a shade-throwing attempt. I'll wait until I catch up to vote you to not accidentally hammer you if it came to that though.
It's posts like this that make me agree on Kitty...

They've totally buddied up to Pooky as well who I believe has been pushing me the hardest.
How so? Is this an OMGUS?
This is not a shot...

Do you know what OMGUS is?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:28 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1118, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1006, Scorpious wrote:Damnit, I did the same thing I said like 100 posts I want to stop doing..

UNVOTE:

I’m a town mailman b t dubs
UNVOTE:
Send someone you think is town the message "I'm Scorpius and I'm town" or an equivalent tonight then. If they claim they didn't get it, we hang you tomorrow and then them if you were really mailman. 1 for 1. But for now, live.
Few problems here.
1.What if I message scum?
2.Why would anyone believe a random "Hey I'm town" It's possible,but if I got a message like that I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
3.You're lining up lims, never good.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:30 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1124, geraintm wrote:he should surely know by now that he won't be allowed to get away with a claim like that ever again? if he does something like that again, he just knows he is going to get eliminated everytime he is forced to claim...

right?
this is not even correct..

I also find it weird, that you are attempting to contribute. Now..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1123, KittyTacky wrote:The claim proves nothing, even if he claimed something stupid like Bulletproof Cop in a previous game doesn't mean he is forever locked into making wacky fakeclaims.
If you're comparing that to this you need to read up on roles.

People are also leaving out the context of that claim, and of course I was scum.. and we won the game..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:33 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1109, KittyTacky wrote:Exactly, I'm finding this game kinda difficult to read so far and there are people I'm willing to sheep.
Most important quote and question saved for last...

Who are these people you are willing to sheep?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:40 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1132, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1124, geraintm wrote:he should surely know by now that he won't be allowed to get away with a claim like that ever again? if he does something like that again, he just knows he is going to get eliminated everytime he is forced to claim...

right?

why is it weird? i do try and contribute snark Day 1, and i had time this morning to read and reply to a few bits.

and what isn't correct? if someone gets into the habit of making wild claims, then surely the MetaTown will know this and just start ignoring them all from you and punish you for past behaviour?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:43 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1129, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1106, geraintm wrote:honestly, don't know. i normally sit there day 2 and look at the wagons that formed and who was on which ones. i normally have some idea that some wagons are obviously on town players, and anyone joining them for crappy reasoning get naughty points. that combined with whatever info players bring to the table day 2 are what i go on.

This post almost gives me the impression you're setting the table to not do much in D2 either..

You are either scum or a Town Pr looking to not get nk'd. I can't decide right now.
no, i usually wait till day 2 and then go through all the Mod's posts and try and track people's votes. just because i don't set any store in votes day 1 doesn't mean others don't. it usually helps me clump some people together into "i don't want to go after them today" or "these people look shifty"

There havent been many vote counts todays though so will be harder.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:53 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1135, geraintm wrote:
In post 1132, Scorpious wrote:

right?

why is it weird? i do try and contribute snark Day 1, and i had time this morning to read and reply to a few bits.

and what isn't correct? if someone gets into the habit of making wild claims, then surely the MetaTown will know this and just start ignoring them all from you and punish you for past behaviour?
If you think this is a wild claim, strap in and hold on the next time I'm scum..

If I'm going to have fun with fake claims I'm not got to claim a boring, almost useless PR. I might as well just fake VT which more people would have believed at face value..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:33 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Posts and don't make me want to move my geraint vote at all.

They claim they need to wait until D2 to determine how the wagons forming influence their play but why? There's plenty of info to go on now in regards to how players are voting and approaching the game. If you're someone who thrives on D2, you should surely be thinking ahead as to how certain eliminations would influence your mindset. Doing so D1 could either throw mafia offguard potentially or at least give us an insight into where someone would stand if they were mafia themselves.

Geraint said they'd read back the past 10 pages or so...I just don't really buy we have a player here who's simultaneously reading through the game properly but doesn't have any thoughts as to where we'll be on D2.

Post 1115 also feels like it could be an easy misdirect...players can adapt their style all the time, especially if they are fairly experienced and know they have a certain tell. And it's probably easier to do so if you don't really contribute D1 and then find yourself under less pressure on D2 because you're deliberately giving people little to go on.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:38 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1129, Scorpious wrote:

Yeah I would at least be willing to accept this if we were in a larger game but 13-player setup means we have, what, max five turns or so? If you're mafia Geraint right now, you can lie low, claim this is your meta approach, and then hope in D2 someone else comes under heavy pressure and then coast into D3 while giving the town barely any evidence to use against you going forward. Fundamentally I just really dislike the idea we should be expected to do all the work so they can finally start playing on D2.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:39 am

Post by geraintm »

@malcolm - i like that you give me credit for being experienced (I dont feel that at all, i play one game at a time and regularly have to go to the wiki to look up what some roles are as i've never seen them before) a good enough player to be able to change my play style, but i am really not. i generally suck as town, there is a reason i don't get NKed very often by scum, they are happy to have me around for a catastrophic ending
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:39 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

On other matters - I think Pooky's posts on Nero are quite solid, but I also reckon mafia Nero maybe doesn't accept Scorpious' claim here so easily maybe? Could be one for mafia to push and seed some doubt.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:39 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1139, MalcolmTucker wrote:Fundamentally I just really dislike the idea we should be expected to do all the work so they can finally start playing on D2.
fundamentally, i think no one should be doing any work on Day 1....
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:40 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1140, geraintm wrote:@malcolm - i like that you give me credit for being experienced (I dont feel that at all, i play one game at a time and regularly have to go to the wiki to look up what some roles are as i've never seen them before) a good enough player to be able to change my play style, but i am really not. i generally suck as town,
there is a reason i don't get NKed very often by scum, they are happy to have me around for a catastrophic ending
On this we are at least very similar...
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:41 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1142, geraintm wrote:
In post 1139, MalcolmTucker wrote:Fundamentally I just really dislike the idea we should be expected to do all the work so they can finally start playing on D2.
So we should just sit here for ten days and Randomly vote people for lolz?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:44 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Okay but how do we get any info on D2? Someone, somewhere needs to start a wagon at some point in the game. That takes work and effort. If we just do literally nothing, mafia get a free kill that just tells us nothing about the gamestate or why they did what they did.

Obviously D1 requires more firing into the dark but so does D2 - it's not as if one night kill suddenly allows us to all be uber-informed about what is happening. A lot of mafia is just flinging shit at the wall and seeing what sticks and what info that then gives you. And I don't claim to be an expert or even that experienced, but everyone else clearly sees some value in D1 to an extent.

But again I can feel us getting dragged onto meta stuff here away from content of the actual game, which just naturally pings me a bit - it's in the interests of mafia when playing to ensure there's as little content as possible which makes them look like they are mafia. Discussions about the mechanics of the game allow them to post without actually saying anything which makes them look bad.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:44 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1127, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1104, KittyTacky wrote:The power was out in my house for most of the IRL day, sorry for lurking!
In post 846, MalcolmTucker wrote:I find the current vote tally on Scorpious quite interesting - as has been noted we're nearing elimination and he's generally had the biggest vote tally throughout the game but nobody actually appears to be pushing him or trying to solidify that block as such. Why not, if they want him out?
I really hate Scorp's reactions to me. That's my main reason to SR him.
This makes total sense,but you are taking a very self centered view of me...

let's make it clear, you think I'm scum because I thought you over-reacted to a push. correct?
That and your general attitude. Your treatment of your claim as something "easily provable" when it isn't also struck me as an attempt to cop out of being the D1 lim.
Scorpious wrote:
In post 1107, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 856, angela wrote:i am pretty willing to give geraintm a day one pass here even though it is very frustrating to me as well just don’t really think it makes geraintm super likely mafia
Yeah, ger reads to me more like a weird townie proposing weird plays than a scum trying to push something that will hurt town.
You mean, by constantly bringing up how much they hate D1, and floating a no lim scenario?

These are weird townie things?
They are if they do this in all games as either alignment, as has been said. I disagree but it's NAI.
Scorpious wrote:
In post 1116, KittyTacky wrote:Guess what? My power cut out again!
In post 972, Scorpious wrote:
In post 534, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 369, Scorpious wrote:I'm fairly confident that within a few posts Kitty will vote me..
Correct. How is my post an overreaction? It's not like I flipped out, I just snarked at gera. This and your other posts regarding me read like a shade-throwing attempt. I'll wait until I catch up to vote you to not accidentally hammer you if it came to that though.
It's posts like this that make me agree on Kitty...

They've totally buddied up to Pooky as well who I believe has been pushing me the hardest.
How so? Is this an OMGUS?
This is not a shot...

Do you know what OMGUS is?
I do know but that looked like a shot.
Scorpious wrote:
In post 1118, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1006, Scorpious wrote:Damnit, I did the same thing I said like 100 posts I want to stop doing..

UNVOTE:

I’m a town mailman b t dubs
UNVOTE:
Send someone you think is town the message "I'm Scorpius and I'm town" or an equivalent tonight then. If they claim they didn't get it, we hang you tomorrow and then them if you were really mailman. 1 for 1. But for now, live.
Few problems here.
1.What if I message scum?
2.Why would anyone believe a random "Hey I'm town" It's possible,but if I got a message like that I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
3.You're lining up lims, never good.
As I stated in the next post, I realized the problem with my plan (second point), thus making it worthless because a Mafiailman can also pull it off. But just to answer your first and third points, if scum is messaged and lies about receiving the message then it's an 1 for 1, and I don't see how lining up lims is bad in this context. Pointless now anyhow.
Scorpious wrote:
In post 1123, KittyTacky wrote:The claim proves nothing, even if he claimed something stupid like Bulletproof Cop in a previous game doesn't mean he is forever locked into making wacky fakeclaims.
If you're comparing that to this you need to read up on roles.

People are also leaving out the context of that claim, and of course I was scum.. and we won the game..
1. I'm not comparing it, I'm saying this is a more plausible claim but it doesn't prove your innocence on meta.
2. You could very well be scum here too.
Scorpious wrote:
In post 1109, KittyTacky wrote:Exactly, I'm finding this game kinda difficult to read so far and there are people I'm willing to sheep.
Most important quote and question saved for last...

Who are these people you are willing to sheep?
Angela and Pooky both look good to me.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:45 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1144, Scorpious wrote:
So we should just sit here for ten days and Randomly vote people for lolz?
no, we should all vote No elimination and skip the wasted 10 days...
but i have met exactly zero other players who want to do this...

i have a funny feeling i am going to get shouted at very, very soon
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:46 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.11
Pitbull feat. Kesha - Timber
(2013)

Commentary: This one is serious and longer than others, and so if you don't want to read it and/or think it would be an unnecessary distraction to a mafia game, I put it in a spoiler below so you don't have to occupy your mind with it whatsoever.

Spoiler: About Timber and Kesha
Timber was Kesha's third major worldwide hit (after TikTok and Die Young) and also another collaboration with (aside of Pitbull) the infamous music producer Dr. Luke. Whenever I see or hear her name, Dr. Luke always comes up too. I think it's really terrible that this man had so much influence and power over her career over the years. If there's a major power imbalance and the person in power has bad character, the dependent person is put in a tragic position where they are faced with a choice between keeping their career and their mental health/bodily autonomy. Unfortunately, Kesha's career seems to be put on hold and her fight for justice definitely made record labels not want to cooperate with her, even though she's definitely a talented singer and artist who is capable of having worldwide hits. The results of her lawsuits have also been disappointing. Meanwhile, Dr. Luke keeps working with other female artists like Katy Perry and, the new phenomenon in the pop music industry, Kim Petras.

It also makes me wonder how many predators like Dr. Luke and Harvey Weinstein exist and thrive in the entertainment and music industries. There's also a worrying correlation between the predators being mostly men and the victims being mostly women. Let's hope that #MeToo helps to eventually eradicate this.

geraintm
(3):
Rathe
MalcolmTucker
Scorpious

Not_Mafia
(2):
Not_Mafia
Nero Cain

Scorpious
(2):
KittyTacky
Andresvmb

Galron
(1):
Morning Tweet

KittyTacky
(1):
PookyTheMagicalBear

MalcolmTucker
(1):
Save The Dragons

Not Voting
(4):
angela
Galron
Scorpious
geraintm

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-27 01:39:00).
Last edited by Greeting on Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:46 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1145, MalcolmTucker wrote:Okay but how do we get any info on D2?
because town will acquire info during the night.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”