Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I can't say i remember much of lunacy

I will look at Malcolm though cause he's definitely in my idk pool

from what I know they're a relatively new player. I've played one game with them where they accidentally scumslipped from lack of familiarity with the PTs, which was fair given how confusing the number of hoods were
In post 86, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 25, Andresvmb wrote:angela I’m not going to lie - I find your concern for disclosure around a Vengeful role Scummy. The impact from there being a Vengeful role in the game is that the Scum can’t be certain that a coordinated hammer would end the game in what’s presumed to be ELo. Other than that, there’s no true downside for Town unless the Vengeful Town, if it exists, shoots incorrectly prior to Endgame. At Endgame, there isn’t much of a downside to shooting incorrectly since the game would’ve been lost if their role didn’t exist.
In post 27, Andresvmb wrote:Having said that, I suspect you would have asked your Scum buddies these questions outside of this thread, so perhaps too brazen for Scum. I just don’t think this conversation is helpful for the Town.
Dunno about anyone else but got a bit of a weird vibe from these two posts in sequence. Andre goes in on Angela potentially being mafia, but then very much appears to walk it back almost immediately afterwards as if wary they've perhaps gone in too heavily for such an early point in the game.
I don't see why scum would have an "Oh yikes" moment and have to reel back that first post. That being said i like the observation
In post 247, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 193, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 190, MalcolmTucker wrote:Can someone explain the immediate wave of suspicion/possible wagoning on NM? Feel like I'm missing some important meta stuff here, most of that exchange gone right over me.
NM is an infamous player with a very unconventional and trollish style of play that makes him difficult to read. He doesn't straight up gamethrow or anything but he has a shtick of hammering anyone at E-1. It's often proposed to lim him early so he doesn't get in the way, but I feel it's silly to lim a null player when other players might yet make themselves scummy.
Okay cool, anecdotally only played with them in one game, they did exactly this and turned out to be mafia. Agreed getting rid of them turn one on this basis is a poor idea and kinda suspicions though.
I don't like this because as I've said i do think NM is scum and i do think it in mafia's interest to be protecting him. That being said i dont have an issue with Malcolm not wanting to get rid of him immediately outside of that
In post 255, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 12, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 9, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:sup andres
Hey Pooky. I gotta say, I’m going to try and be careful with your slot.

I know have a Scum game under my belt, so you can go take a look at that and compare it to my play here over time. It should be obvious what I am.
In post 25, Andresvmb wrote:angela I’m not going to lie - I find your concern for disclosure around a Vengeful role Scummy. The impact from there being a Vengeful role in the game is that the Scum can’t be certain that a coordinated hammer would end the game in what’s presumed to be ELo. Other than that, there’s no true downside for Town unless the Vengeful Town, if it exists, shoots incorrectly prior to Endgame. At Endgame, there isn’t much of a downside to shooting incorrectly since the game would’ve been lost if their role didn’t exist.
In post 27, Andresvmb wrote:Having said that, I suspect you would have asked your Scum buddies these questions outside of this thread, so perhaps too brazen for Scum. I just don’t think this conversation is helpful for the Town.
In post 28, Andresvmb wrote:I have rolled Town 96.2% of the time on this forum. Unbeatable.
VOTE: Andresvmb

Happy to change this in time as andre posts more going forward but I feel like this is an okay early vote for now.

Not sure how other people feel, but these posts come across as a bit desperate to come across as helpful townie for me.

Like I said before the initial accusation on Angela before the quick and sudden rollback in the next post hinted at some uncertainty for me, as if Andre was wary they'd gone in too hard. Then followed up after that by a joke to try and diffuse the situation.
It feels a bit like you quoted everything Andres had said up til that point and just described them in a bad light, more than anything

Because if you look at the context for these, it's page one and two. Why would Andres be worried about going in too hard?

Of course the all important question is whether or not I think Malcolm believes what they're saying.... I'm not sure. I lean towards because it's hard to construct a case on someone when you're scum, but it can also be hard as town and this does seem like a push where Malcolm feels like it's a stretch but the best they've come up with. it gives me the vibes Malcolm got pinged by something Andres said, but then tried to put words to it and it ended up being more just describing what Andres is doing with a scummy connotation

............im not sure if that was a good read of Malcolm or just me being reminded of how i would try and get early suspicions as a newer player. My final verdict is that I need to see more, but i believe we have a good shot at getting the read right

I will say it's a lot stronger of a start than they had in our last game, that's for sure
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 425, Morning Tweet wrote:I will say it's a lot stronger of a start than they had in our last game, that's for sure
(this is a joke and not what i want ppl to be taking out of that last post)

Although I do genuinely think Malcolm taking initiative rather than following another wagon at the beginning of this game is a good sign

you could argue they did it rather than follow because, say, maybe the main wagon at the time was on their buddy Kitty, but I'm not sure i lean that way. i think scum!Malcolm joins an existing wagon with existing town voices already helping rather than forge a brand new one on Andres, if their goal was to protect Kitty.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 425, Morning Tweet wrote: I don't see why scum would have an "Oh yikes" moment and have to reel back that first post. That being said i like the observation
Can you expand upon why you like the observation? It seems like you’re saying that you don’t think there’s any Scum motivation behind that sequence of posts, but still think that the observation is a good one. You also seem to have said that you think I’m Town. Is there any reason why the vote on my slot isn’t raising any suspicions from you if that’s the case? Not trying to argue certain players should entirely be judged based on results, of course. I just think that’s interesting.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 417, Morning Tweet wrote:There are a lot of towny players so far. I think gerain, Scorp, Andre, angela, Dragons are all town and i might even be able to expound upon those

pedit: I don't think i'm anything but fair there to be honest, at least for the first few posts in the exchange. I haven't read the lengthier later ones yet though, correct
I have to say - I really don’t like this grouping. Scorpious is expressing a lot of confidence that I’m Scum, yet you think both of us are Town? So you think I’m just way off? I also can’t quite understand why you would have STD in that early group of what seem like your surefire Town. geraintm even less so, especially when they’ve said that most of their posts are all just fluff. I would argue geraintm hasn’t deviated all that far away from null territory.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.6
LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett, GoonRock - Party Rock Anthem
(2011)

Commentary: Now everybody is going to feel really old. It actually took me 10 minutes to do this vote count because I pressed play on the MV for Party Rock Anthem and just watched it until the end.

Andresvmb
(2):
MalcolmTucker
Scorpious

geraintm
(2):
Nero Cain
Rathe

KittyTacky
(2):
PookyTheMagicalBear
geraintm

Rathe
(2):
Save The Dragons
Morning Tweet

Scorpious
(2):
Galron
Andresvmb

Not_Mafia
(1):
Not_Mafia

Not Voting
(2):
angela
KittyTacky

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-27 01:39:00).
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Scorpious »

Andres,

You’re just throwing shade anywhere you can fit it right now..
I don’t like it, but I don’t think scum comes out blasting like you do tbh.

UNVOTE:
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 430, Scorpious wrote:Andres,

UNVOTE:
This isn’t remotely accurate.

I have been very targeted with my shade and my questions. You just want to make broad statements about my play, but you’re way off.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 431, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 430, Scorpious wrote:Andres,

UNVOTE:
This isn’t remotely accurate.

I have been very targeted with my shade and my questions. You just want to make broad statements about my play, but you’re way off.

Man, you’re defensive..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Scorpious »

I’ll happily stand corrected on your absolutely anomalous role rate.

That really is something..

But playing devils advocate, maybe you’re due to roll scum twice in row..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 319, Andresvmb wrote:You don’t like my reasoning? Well tough shit.
man take a chill pill.
In post 320, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 64, geraintm wrote:
VOTE: save the dragon
You usually start with votes that are random, and are loathe to put a serious vote down. So what triggered this?
how do you know this is a serious vote?
In post 337, Morning Tweet wrote:Does no one else find it weird that half of the game instantly shuts down any and all discussion surrounding NM for some reason?
not really. So what NM is scum and his 2 buddies are like "hey let's steer this convo away from NM." and town just shuts up in fear? like what do you think here?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:15 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

haha of course not

I think it more likely NM is scum and if that is so it would be in mafia's interest to not talk much about him today

Do I think people are necessarily scum for thinking so, of course not. but i just thought there was a lot of resistance to talking about him (even for NM) and from my biased standpoint perhaps you can see why I find that a bit coincidental
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:19 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Tweeeeeeeetie
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 427, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 425, Morning Tweet wrote: I don't see why scum would have an "Oh yikes" moment and have to reel back that first post. That being said i like the observation
Can you expand upon why you like the observation? It seems like you’re saying that you don’t think there’s any Scum motivation behind that sequence of posts, but still think that the observation is a good one. You also seem to have said that you think I’m Town. Is there any reason why the vote on my slot isn’t raising any suspicions from you if that’s the case? Not trying to argue certain players should entirely be judged based on results, of course. I just think that’s interesting.
Correct. And also correct.

you do not need to agree with someone's reasoning or their conclusion in order for them to be town

You don't seem like town because you say things I agree with, you seem like town in the way you're responding to the other players', particularly in your interactions with Scorpio but also with me and also through the rest of your first catchup

I don't like Malcolm's conclusion, however, it reminded me of the way I might have scumhunted when I was newer and less sure of what to look for. I think Malcolm is reading you on pages 1-2 using a tell that would only work later in the game -- but I did get the idea they did it earnestly because I guess i would have expected a newer scum player (especially after their last scum game which didn't go well) to follow rather than try and take an early lead
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 436, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Tweeeeeeeetie
Pooooookieeeeeeee
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Greeting »

Rathe has been prodded.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:22 am

Tweetie I’m bored can we just kill someone alrdy
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

im sorry pooky im playing the game for once..... i think
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 345, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 329, Andresvmb wrote:I’m not wary of going “hard”. What a bunch of crap. I explained why I didn’t think the conversation was +Town. I also said that even if that’s the case, I don’t think Scum would be so blatant about it. Additionally, I actually think angela has been asking solid questions (though I wouldn’t settle on angela being Town just yet for forever).
As I said it's still early game and I'm more than happy to change my mind - but it kinda just interested me and gave me an early mafia vibe, throw out a strong accusation but then roll back on it shortly afterwards.

Your posts over the past couple of pages feel a bit panicky as well to be honest.
Has your read evolved at all after our exchange?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:26 am

In post 441, Morning Tweet wrote:im sorry pooky im playing the game for once..... i think
Playing the game involves killing people!!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 434, Nero Cain wrote:
man take a chill pill.
You usually start with votes that are random, and are loathe to put a serious vote down. So what triggered this?
In post 337, Morning Tweet wrote:Does no one else find it weird that half of the game instantly shuts down any and all discussion surrounding NM for some reason?
not really. So what NM is scum and his 2 buddies are like "hey let's steer this convo away from NM." and town just shuts up in fear? like what do you think here?
You’re the one probing aggressively at me, not the other way around. I didn’t know it was a serious vote. I now realize it wasn’t. That was clarified later.

You wanted content and then when you get it you make… this post.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 428, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 417, Morning Tweet wrote:There are a lot of towny players so far. I think gerain, Scorp, Andre, angela, Dragons are all town and i might even be able to expound upon those

pedit: I don't think i'm anything but fair there to be honest, at least for the first few posts in the exchange. I haven't read the lengthier later ones yet though, correct
I have to say - I really don’t like this grouping. Scorpious is expressing a lot of confidence that I’m Scum, yet you think both of us are Town? So you think I’m just way off? I also can’t quite understand why you would have STD in that early group of what seem like your surefire Town. geraintm even less so, especially when they’ve said that most of their posts are all just fluff. I would argue geraintm hasn’t deviated all that far away from null territory.
I do think you're way off, yes. It could also be me that's off. Do you find that hard to believe given it's day 1 and we're like 20 pages in?

At least one and possibly both of us are way off. That's normal, town usually takes some time to start locating each other well. In my current opinion of the gamestate there is a lot of town fighting town so that's why I've been playing a bit defensively for others

My strongest feelings on town are Scorp/Andre/angela

Gerain/dragons are weaker and not as surefire

Sorry i just ordered them as they came to mind in that post.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:29 am

In post 445, Morning Tweet wrote:

I do think you're way off, yes. It could also be me that's off. Do you find that hard to believe given it's day 1 and we're like 20 pages in?

At least one and possibly both of us are way off. That's normal, town usually takes some time to start locating each other well. In my current opinion of the gamestate there is a lot of town fighting town so that's why I've been playing a bit defensively for others

Hurtful towards me :<
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:30 am

Post by angela »

In post 426, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 425, Morning Tweet wrote:I will say it's a lot stronger of a start than they had in our last game, that's for sure
(this is a joke and not what i want ppl to be taking out of that last post)

Although I do genuinely think Malcolm taking initiative rather than following another wagon at the beginning of this game is a good sign

you could argue they did it rather than follow because, say, maybe the main wagon at the time was on their buddy Kitty, but I'm not sure i lean that way. i think scum!Malcolm joins an existing wagon with existing town voices already helping rather than forge a brand new one on Andres, if their goal was to protect Kitty.
quoting this one in order to not quote the entirety of other one

i guess maybe i would more likely expect that sort of thing - find one thing, comment on it, build entire case out of it, barely mention anything else - to come from newish mafia rather than newish town
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 444, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 434, Nero Cain wrote:
man take a chill pill.
You’re the one probing aggressively at me, not the other way around. I didn’t know it was a serious vote. I now realize it wasn’t. That was clarified later.

You wanted content and then when you get it you make… this post.
All he did was point out a bad assumption you made, it was hardly aggressive.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:31 am

Post by angela »

In post 446, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 445, Morning Tweet wrote:

Hurtful towards me :<
i feel pretty strongly that you are town if not mafia is mafia, does that count?
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”