Mini 660 - Star Trek: DS9 Mafia (Ruined = Over)

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hello everyone. I'm going to give this game a quick readthru (I have a rare day off tomorrow). What I can announce in advance is that I really don't feel like omgusing anyone for going after td, since a brief look at his posts in isolation do seem to suggest that he spent most of the game discussing flavour than actually taking positions. All I can say is i guess he really was that big a trekkie nerd. :P
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:40 am

Post by The Fonz »

Right, this has taken longer than i thought. I'll give my d1 thoughts now, and return for the remaining six pages (seriously, a 20-page d1 and six pages for the following two?)

First scummy thing I notice is frelaras placing a vote for 'running up a random bandwagon'

Something about Pie's 58 makes me uneasy, but I can't really put my finger on it.
Nudude wrote:
So why be so beligerant if you feel that their just inexperienced? It would be far more productive to explain in a nice manner what you feel is wrong, rather than making posts that consist 50% of caps and speaking down to them.
Lol someone hasn't played with ZONEFACE before. Not game relevant, but amused me.

CallMeLiam is VERY lurky.
CallMeLiam wrote:Jebus, my vote was random but you're not doing anything that makes me want to remove it.
First major beeping of scumdar. If a random vote makes the transition to a serious one, the reasons for it need to be clear. Leaving the vote on there implies you would have been willing to switch from a randomer on someone else to that player, in which case why bother emphasising the randomness?
Pie wrote:I agree that Jebus comes over at scummy and one can say that could've been newbie mistakes, but as he/she says that he/she isn't a newbie...dunno
Mega-hedging.
pie wrote:
I still feel that Zone's "You have dishonored your family." is scummy.
Firstly because it was in klingon, secondly, it may have reference to his character of which i probably don't know about since i havent seen much of the series.
thirdly, it just sounds scummy to me.
?????????

118 kinda makes me surprised sekinj came up town.

Pie's 119 is much better than her previous efforts. There's actually a good point there.

I don't however like the way she backtracks under pressure in 123.
CallMeLiam wrote:
Fos: Tim
for slapping down the claim idea without actually discussing it.

I hadn't thought about the fact that some of our players won't know all the characters though L-K, good point. I wasn't gonna push for it or anything, but I'm happier not claiming now.
This is scummy. Seems kinda have-cake, eat-cake.

137- (freralas) I could totally see this as scum quietly pushing a townwagon from the margins.

No-one seems to have commented on the point that it's unlikely Jebus suggests that a WC claim could be useful as scum. Me no likey.
Jebus wrote:I'm new to mafia-scum games. I'm not new to the game of mafia. And voting someone because you don't like their play-style makes no sense.
This, however, is laughably wrong.
CallMeLiam wrote:I also enjoy speculating about potential power roles in-thread! -_-
I also like making throwaway comments that throw out blanket condemnations!

This is looking awfully like a default lynch.

Man, sekinj was noobish.

Timeater's 202 makes me *headdesk*, just FYI.

frelaras' 213 makes me uncomfortable. It reads like 'well, he could be town. Or he could be scum. He's still probably our best lead.' Reads like pre-excusing a town lynch.

Timeater's 217 draws another *headdesk*.

I hate ZONEACE.

275: Ozy, having lurked like crazy, shows up, and doesn't really contribute, just jumps a hypocritical lurkerwagon.

I really start to wonder whether half the game are ignorant of the concept of safeclaims.
Light-kun wrote:[
However, when it comes down to a decision between a player who looks scummy and someone who is heavily lurking, I will favor the one who seemed scummy.

Vote: CallmeLiam
And this is why people lurk.

305: OMG, is this ever getting anal.

I actually like Liam's 318.

324- *HEADDESK HEADDESK HEADDESK*

Seriously, if I'd have been in the game, i'd have pushed a Tim lynch just for recurring stupidity.

334- Farside takes an original position here. Town point.
By my logic, the fact that I am Quark is worthless information and as such I have no problem whatsoever in just stating it
HUGELY disagree. That any role could conceivably be a scum safeclaim, does not mean that *IF YOU ARE TOWN* it is not a horrible idea to give away your rolename, from which scum may be able to work out your role.

Farside 349: I don't see why top threes are necessary.
CallMeLiam wrote: I checked the case you made against me was based entirely off my stance that character claims aren't a useful tool in townie's analysis.
This somewhat understates the Liam case. I'm actually expecting a cop or mason claim from Liam eventually, since i don't see how he lives this long otherwise. Don't know how those fit Quark though.

361: <3 <3 <3 You know, it's just a shame you're always scum, really.
M4yhem wrote:
frelaras wrote: Yeah, I definitely think this is a good point. Bandwagons serve a very useful purpose, especially in the early game to get reactions and responses. When someone looks scummy, I don't think you need to invent new targets just to avoid the label of "following." I think that will show up over time as a tell in itself, which is useful in itself. But getting on a bandwagon day 1 to get some action going is hardly awful in itself.
I never said you should invent new targets.
Fos:
frelaras for misrepresenting me. What I said was, if you think the target everyone is talking about isn’t scum, you should look elsewhere, even if nobody follows you. Town should never vote for someone they don’t think is scum. sekinj was already making excuses for why lynching jebus was a good thing even if he came up town when she voted him- it’s this I objected to; if she thought there was a good chance jebus was town, she shouldn’t have voted for him at all.
I think both players in this dispute are actually not saying anything contradictory, yet both are accusing the other of misrepresenting: Frelaras' point seems to be that, if you think someone's scummy, or useful info can be gleaned by wagoning, you shouldn't be afraid to vote them just because you will be accused of bandwagoning. M4yhem's is that if you don't think someone's scummy, you shouldn't vote them just because others are.

385: Oh, right, yes, Ozy was playing.

387 is a good defence of Fre's play to date. Makes me somewhat happier about him.

398: Seriously, remind me to run a don't be stupid mafia.
td wrote: It's not so much the listing of whom you suspect, but the fact that listing the suspects also gives away whom you
don't
suspect. Listing anything more than the top two suspects on day one is not helpful.
Wahoo, something i agree with my predecessor on!

Farside, would you care to elaborate on your reasoning for the vote switch in 404?

Liam's points in 407 are generally pretty weak. I mean, the 'lynch all non-DS9ers' thing never really had any chance of happening, did it? And if we lynched people for calling out lurkers without checking V/LA... all we'd ever do is lynch people for that, it happens so freaking often. Doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me, but it's not lynchworthy for a second.

Of course, td pushed the same kinda line so...

424: Coming out against LAL is a quick way to make me hate you. Of course, this wasn't a LAL situation.
Timeater wrote:
1. FoS: Two of them are from you for worthless reasons.
A FoS is never worthless.
An FOS is ALWAYS worthless, where it is not scummy.

440 is pretty good. Real conflicted about Liam right now.
frelaras wrote:I'm voting for sekinj because of her erratic voting pattern, which seems to skip around, following the town around for convenience reasons.
This isn't a bad reason in itself, but possible hypocrisy angle?

I can see, post-claim, that sekinj pretty much had to die. Unfortunate, but meh. It sounded incredibly contrived. miller doctor?
sekinj wrote: I'm just really sick of being seen as scum in every single one of my games.
It's not everyone else, it's you :D

Everyone knows how i stand on self-voting town. Let alone self-voting DOCTORS.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Farside, would you care to elaborate on your reasoning for the vote switch in 404?
I think I am starting to know some players better then others. Light was reading scummy to me. I had a feeling especially when he voted for Liam for what I felt was poor reasoning it was just a bw vote with no substance.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hmmmmm.

Seems not so much happened later, all investigations and roleclaims.

Fwiw, fre's reaction to LK's claim is what I'd have done, pretty much.

Farside's 546 is pretty much on the money. Though I do think td was right in saying that farside describing him as 'against massclaim' is misrepresentative of his position. He made pretty clear he was for
this
particular massclaim.
farside22 wrote:
td wrote:It's a “scum thing,” the changelings are the Founders of the Dominion.
I'm more confused. You said you checked M4yhem. But didn't he turn out to be scum?
I can answer this. Weyoun, whilst dominion-aligned, is not a shapeshifter. I would guess that my role is basically a godfather cop.

RE: 571, i call all antitown 'scum' and groupscum mafia (or groupscum).
CallMeLiam wrote:I wasn't dubious of the vanilla aspect. The reason I asked was because I would think twice about lynching a claimed power-role to test a cop, but a vanilla townie isn't the biggest loss.
As for today, I will now freely admit to be suspicious of our claimed vanillas. So far we've seen no vanillas and the only person to claim it was scum.
Well, given that your own role is pretty much confirmed (scum votestealer = usually considered broken) then at least one has to be scum.
farside22 wrote: Do you doubt the scum have a safe claim?
Safe claims are not the same as safe
role
claims. Most safeclaims give only a name. It's not hard to see that a scum might have a safe name, but feel unable (due to the amount of town power dead) to claim a power role.
CallMeLiam wrote:At this point I'm not discounting anything. My natural reaction is to suspect vanilla because the claimed powers are quite believable with Odo as a very limited cop and O'Brien having NK protects. I haven't done a re-read to check for scumminess but you two will be my first ports of call when I do.
Just to note that NK-immune is a pretty easy fakeclaim for scum at this stage, since, y'know, they're not going to be NKed anyway.

farside, sek's case on Fre WAS really bad. I'm not going to hold that against him. (Yours, however, I think has some merit).
CallMeLiam wrote:
I didn't rely on my claim in any way to defend myself. I claimed because I felt that it was useless information and so was happy to throw it out. Trying to keep secret information that I'd been harping on about being useless would be hypocritical and scummy.
If information is useless to town, surely that's a great reason to keep it hidden?
frelaras wrote: I'm also suspicious of your claim. I can't see Kira Nerys as vanilla. If Jake Sisko was a provided claim then Kira seems quite similar: a name with none of the flavour or a relevant ability.

Vote: farside22
This I disagree with: we should have learned our lesson about trying to outguess the mod here. Not only is it perfectly plausible that an 'obvtown' character is actually a shapeshifter posing as the same, it's equally likely an 'obvious' power role is vanilla. I mean, a minor character was a tracker. That's just good game design.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Farside, why did you try to hammer TD?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:56 am

Post by farside22 »

Farside, why did you try to hammer TD?
I truely believe frelas is scum and when he posted and didn't vote on him I believe it is becasue TD is his scum partner. Scot has been noticeable absent. I believe Liam to be town so I did the math and hammered. Note I did unvote, the mod didn't count my vote and I haven't revoted as I wanted to see what you had to say on everyone.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

Hmmm. OK.

Personally, i'm seeing sotty-fre.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

frelaras wrote:I am Miles O'Brien, and my technological knowledge of the station gives me protection against dominion attacks (aka night kills). However, given that's it's old cardassian junk :) it's not reliable on subsequent nights.

(Glad I checked in from work on my break, that went quickly)
Just a note I do know a few mods who make either a GF immune to NK or a SK.
Thoughts?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Actually I have a thought on this. Liam if you are around can you comment on why you think TD is scum and if you think lynching a vanilla is still the way to go, why did you vote TD?
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:04 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

I'll let you know where I'm at once Sotty has posted.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:10 am

Post by farside22 »

This is rediculous.

vote: scott
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

Mod: Freralas hasn't posted on-site in five days. Sotty hasn't posted in a day under two weeks.
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:14 am

Post by frelaras »

farside22 wrote: Just a note I do know a few mods who make either a GF immune to NK or a SK.
Thoughts?
Does this game have town NKers or an SK...?

Now you're just slinging mud. *.*

Between that and your overeager hammer attempt and everything else I went over, I can't really see me voting for anyone but farside today. But I've already said that...

I'm glad we've had some new action in this thread... I guess we're waiting on sotty? I'm around, there just wasn't, well, anything besides me and farside arguing until the Fonz replaced in.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 am

Post by The Fonz »

Good to see we only need the one replacement, then.

I'm not buying the farside case. I still think sotty is scum.

Vote: sotty7
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:39 am

Post by The Fonz »

:P

Just remember I can't vote.

Well, consider me wanting the lynch of sotty or Fre, then. They seem fairly obviously a scumpair.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:02 am

Post by farside22 »

frelaras wrote:
farside22 wrote: Just a note I do know a few mods who make either a GF immune to NK or a SK.
Thoughts?
Does this game have town NKers or an SK...?

Now you're just slinging mud. *.*

Between that and your overeager hammer attempt and everything else I went over, I can't really see me voting for anyone but farside today. But I've already said that...

I'm glad we've had some new action in this thread... I guess we're waiting on sotty? I'm around, there just wasn't, well, anything besides me and farside arguing until the Fonz replaced in.
Unless Fonz is my scum parnter this is a weak case. I hammer him then what? If I'm scum and he isn't then as scum I should win (assuming as I do there are 2 scum's left). Fonz is scum then that leave you or scot. Liam as scum doesn't even register in my mind. So either it's you or scot as scum. I have a thought which is the only reason I am not hammering Fonz as a potential scum because if he is telling the truth I think he should check you out as the GF. That is my point.

Gee Fonz according to your wiki. I'm always scum. :?
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

V\LA until the end of the week. Sorry guys.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Mod: What is the status on the replacement?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:45 am

Post by Max »

Freralas & Sotty are still AWOL so I'm still searching, which I think means you can't reach a lynch so I'm going to post again
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 am

Post by frelaras »

I'm not AWOL. I'm right here.
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 am

Post by frelaras »

Without Sotty we are deadlocked til Liam returns, assuming he wants to switch his vote at all.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:30 am

Post by farside22 »

Wake me when something happens.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Timeater »

please dont let this game die
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:04 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

OK guys, I finally have a new computer and I shall presently get to work on replacing Sotty - I think it's pretty clearly come to that.

Thanks and welcome to Fonzie by the way.
#greenshirtthursdays
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Timeater »

bumping out of love :/
watch for the eggshells
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:35 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm giving this till Monday Nov 10th for the mod to find a replacement and get this game going before I ask for a replacement or declare this game dead. Seriously we only get 4 mini's to play and I do wish to move on to other chances to play other mini game.
Thank you.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”