lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:57 am

Post by lord_hur »

Good news about the replacement !

The day ends when one of us is eliminated in this mini-game, I think. And given that farside22 hasn't even voted on powers yet...
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Hi everyone. Replacing tovarish. I need to read up a bit, but if something needs to be done right now can you tell me?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:34 am

Post by lord_hur »

Read about the mini game rules, and see if you want to bid on a power.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm confused. I looked at the site Max has, but I can't find where you guys chose what you chose. Can anyone help me out here?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:02 am

Post by farside22 »

never mind I figured it out sorry

i bid 30 on campaign commercial
I bid 30 on rally
I bid 25 on quick witted riposte
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Slander : 21 KoC
Quick Witted Riposte : 25 farside22
Obama Bomb : 41 Emp
Electoral College : 50 SSK
Rally : 30 farside22
Campaign Commercial : 30 farside22
Clean Campaign : 30 Sekinj
Expose dark secret : 40 Caboose

Quick Witted Riposte : 21 KoC
Rally : 25 RestFermata
Campaign Commercial : 25 SSK

{Energy left}
KoC: 58
Sekinj: 70
Emp: 35
SSK: 25
Caboose: 60
Lord_hur: 100
farside22: 15
ShadowGirl: 100
RestaFerma: 75
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:05 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry mod if you could delete the above as the count is wrong

Quick Witted Riposte : 25 farside22
Rally : 30 farside22
Campaign Commercial : 30 farside22

{Energy left}
KoC: 58
Sekinj: 70
Emp: 35
SSK: 25
Caboose: 60
Lord_hur: 100
farside22: 15
ShadowGirl: 100
RestaFerma: 100
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry for the mess of the counts. They are still off because I forget to give people there points back.
I read through most of day one. Some interesting things about who to elect and who to kill. I agreed with the top two people as the execution. Both sek and caboose had some good ideas. I think KOC's attack on caboose was weak.
I have a couple of points
Caboose - Post 48. Umm there should be only 3 mafia they don't rule the game the town does. that is why the idea is poor. Post 64 no. I think most people were confused by the rules on this one. post 157 answer: It can be but playing with empking it is offically a nontell with him.
Knight of Cydonia - POST 42. I agree that caboose idea seems more in favor with mafia then town. Post 52 doesn't really make sense.
Empking - Post 153 it amazes me that you seem to always misrepresent people.
Also I'm going to go back later, but some of the people who suggested both OP and LBF as the people to kill are top suspects as those 2 both turned out to be town.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Caboose »

Farside wrote:I read through most of day one. Some interesting things about who to elect and who to kill. I agreed with the top two people as the execution. Both sek and caboose had some good ideas. I think KOC's attack on caboose was weak.
OK.
Farside wrote:Umm there should be only 3 mafia they don't rule the game the town does. that is why the idea is poor.
What's your point?
Farside wrote:I agree that caboose idea seems more in favor with mafia then town.
No, it does not. Did you not read, or did you not understand what I suggested? I just suggested that we all play a regular game of mafia with slightly different mechanics. How does that favor the mafia at all?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Max »

[mrow]Name[col]Description[col]Owner Slander[col]If you use no other powers, you gain +10 to your attack[col]Knight Of Cydonia Quick Witted Riposte[col]Spend 20 Energy, and pick an opponent. If they attack you in this round, gain 20 Energy plus half of whatever they allocated to their Attack[col]farside22 Obama Bomb[col]If you attack someone this round you gain +20 energy[col]Empking Electoral College[col]Choose your Attack/Defense points allocation after other players have revealed their choices. Normal powers must be chosen as well[col]SSK Rally[col]Gain 5 energy points at the beginning of each round[col]farside22 Campaign Commercial[col]Choose another player to reduce their defense by 10 points[col]farside22 Clean Campaign[col]If you use no other powers in a given round, add +15 to your Defense[col]sekinj Expose Dark Secret[col]deal 15 Unblockable damage this round[col]Caboose

I'm going to give approximately 24 hours to retaliate and comment on farside then we go to phase I
[mrow] Player [col] Actions (A/D/P) [col] Energy [col] Spent Pre-G ShadowGirl [col] 0 0 0 [col] 100 [col] 0 farside22 [col] 0 0 0 [col] 15 [col] 25 30 30 sekinj [col] 0 0 0 [col] 70 [col] 30 Empking [col] 0 0 0 [col] 60 [col] 40 lord_hur [col] 0 0 0 [col] 100 [col] 0 Knight of Cydonia [col] 0 0 0 [col] 79 [col] 21 MafiaSSK [col] 0 0 0 [col] 50 [col] 50 Caboose [col] 0 0 0 [col] 60 [col] 40 RestFermata [col] 0 0 0 [col] 100 [col] 0
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Caboose wrote:
Farside wrote:I read through most of day one. Some interesting things about who to elect and who to kill. I agreed with the top two people as the execution. Both sek and caboose had some good ideas. I think KOC's attack on caboose was weak.
OK.
Farside wrote:Umm there should be only 3 mafia they don't rule the game the town does. that is why the idea is poor.
What's your point?
Farside wrote:I agree that caboose idea seems more in favor with mafia then town.
No, it does not. Did you not read, or did you not understand what I suggested? I just suggested that we all play a regular game of mafia with slightly different mechanics. How does that favor the mafia at all?
Just so you know I see something and make a commetn about it and continue reading and make points. It the best way I know to read a game that I just replaced in. However sek did have the better idea. I'm not saying it was scummy. I'm just saying that sek's idea was better for the town and yours wasn't. Trying to say scum have an advantage is wrong. Scum should be 3 player to town's 9 players. Town has the advantage.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Caboose »

farside22 wrote:
Caboose wrote:
OK.
What's your point?
Just so you know I see something and make a commetn about it and continue reading and make points. It the best way I know to read a game that I just replaced in. However sek did have the better idea. I'm not saying it was scummy. I'm just saying that sek's idea was better for the town and yours wasn't. Trying to say scum have an advantage is wrong. Scum should be 3 player to town's 9 players. Town has the advantage.
What we have here is a failure to communicate.
I thought that you were trying to frame my idea as scummy in this quote.

sekinj's idea fit better with the theme, I can digest that. However, I cannot understand for the life of me why sekinj's idea is better for the town than mine is.
But we're beyond that point in the game, so I don't want to say anything else about it.

Does anyone else besides me find it really suspicious that MafiaSSK would design a weapon that is absurdly powerful?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 am

Post by lord_hur »

I don't think it is absudly powerful. For one, it is not one vs one, and we can easily make him lose 20 points each round if he "abuses" this power (like, putting 5 into attack, rest into defense each round to get an insane power amount round after round...).

For two, some people (read : farside22) got absurdly low starting power, so the mini-game could end very fast, negating most of the advantage of this power.

But even if it was that powerful, why would you find that suspicious ? He had no guarantee that he (or one of his pals, if he's scum) would get it, right ?

MOD : I guess that the first person who loses is considered lynched, right ? But what if two people lose on the same round ?
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:37 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Max wrote:The lynch will be decided through the attacking stages, as everything takes place in public the town still gain information, bandwagon etc. and the mafia can bus etc. so it's like a standard game with heal/hurt, with enough people attacking they can still defeat someone with a low defense, therefore you need to discuss moves/bidding with other people, as once the first person dies the game will go to night, if 2 or more people die at once the person who has the most negative points is lynched
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:05 am

Post by lord_hur »

Oh, thanks and sorry about the question.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:28 am

Post by farside22 »

So I have a question in regards to this combat. Do people have an idea on who is scum and what the best person is to take out. I already have a semi town list from my read through. I think the best idea for this game is to see where people stand as far as scum go.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Max »

The above is definitely correct as no counter bids took place
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Max »

PHASE I has begun

Voting takes place in the format

Attack X: A
Defend: B
Power Usage: PoY on PlY

X is replaced by a player, you can have as many of these lines as you like
A and B is replaced with a number
PoY is replaced with power name, PlY is replaced by Player this power is going to be used on, you can have as many of these lines as you like
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay I needed to remind myself about a few people.
Here is my problem. A few people I have no read on what so ever. Others I just don't know and well one I disagreed with completed.

These 2 have been lurkly, lurkly all game:
MafiaSSK
RF

This one I disagreed with when he was talking about lynching sek
Empking

Finally this person I have mixed feelings on. Nothing she said really came off as scummy, but I feel something missing in her post:
Shadown Girl
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:40 am

Post by farside22 »

lord_hur wrote:I don't think it is absudly powerful. For one, it is not one vs one, and we can easily make him lose 20 points each round if he "abuses" this power (like, putting 5 into attack, rest into defense each round to get an insane power amount round after round...).

For two, some people (read : farside22) got absurdly low starting power, so the mini-game could end very fast, negating most of the advantage of this power.

But even if it was that powerful, why would you find that suspicious ? He had no guarantee that he (or one of his pals, if he's scum) would get it, right ?

MOD : I guess that the first person who loses is considered lynched, right ? But what if two people lose on the same round ?
Why didn't you bid when you had the chance?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 am

Post by sekinj »

farside22 wrote:Why didn't you bid when you had the chance?
I'd like to know the answer to this from SG and Rest as well as Lord-Hur. I just don't understand what stragey non-bidders were trying to use...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:28 am

Post by RestFermata »

I did bid, but I was outbidded. I haven't played this game before and I wanted to take a more conservative strategy. I don't want to spend too many of my energy points.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:56 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

farside wrote:Finally this person I have mixed feelings on. Nothing she said really came off as scummy, but I feel something missing in her post:
Shadown Girl
Missing, like what?

As for the bidding, I didn't feel that the powers outweighed the cost of them. :/
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Caboose »

sekinj wrote:
I'd like to know the answer to this from SG and Rest as well as Lord-Hur. I just don't understand what stragey non-bidders were trying to use...
I'd like to know what stratagy Farside was using. I hope she knows that I could knock her out of the game Round 1 without allocating a single point to attacks.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Caboose wrote:
sekinj wrote:
I'd like to know what stratagy Farside was using. I hope she knows that I could knock her out of the game Round 1 without allocating a single point to attacks.
Really? I guess I'm just confused by this game then.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”